Author Topic: [GB] GMK Ursa | Shipping!!!!!!!!!  (Read 72245 times)

Offline NathanAlphaMan

[GB] GMK Ursa | Shipping!!!!!!!!!
« on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 23:08:18 »

GMK Ursa is closed! Here our final numbers!

Follow these links to join the GB!

US: Kono
EU: CandyKeys
Asia: ZFrontier
Oceania: SwitchKeys

Inspiration + Design

More
My home away from home, this keyset is inspired by Lake Tahoe, California.

I started working on this project in early May when I went up to Tahoe.
Everything from the air, to the sound of the birds, and the colors of the forest allow me to breathe and unwind. This keyset is designed to convey those feelings.
The name of the set, Ursa, comes from the black bears who make the forests their home in the summer.

I wanted to keep this set relatively low cost. As such, it uses two stock GMK colors and one RAL color for accurate color matching.

GB Information

The Group Buy will run from Tuesday, November 19th till Monday, January 6th.
The estimated shipping time is May, 2020

Kits

Major
Base

Cub
40 + Ortho + Split

O Horizon
Spacebars

Honey
Novelties

Paddington
ISO, featuring an exclusive novelty! Left shift is in base Jae.

Renders

Iron 165 FE | Smith + Rune

U80A | RAMA

KBD19X | KBDFans

ATS-45 | Abec13 <3

Think6.5 | Oldcat

Deskmats

Artisans

AmBEARssador | C.Y.O Artisans

Resin + Walnut | Object.Garage

Aluminum + Enamel | RAMA.WORKS

Pricing

I'm pleased to announce pricing for GMK Ursa! While these numbers are pretty much finalized, they are subject to change before the start of the GB.

KitMOQKono (USD)CandyKeys (EUR)zFrontier (CNY)zFrontier (USD)SwitchKeys (AUD)
Ursa Major (Base)250$129.99€124.00¥969.00$148.00$204.99
Ursa Paddington (ISO)100$29.99€30.00¥215.00$31.00$44.99
Ursa Honey (Novelties)100$39.99€40.00¥285.00$42.00$59.99
Ursa Cub (40s)100$49.99€50.00¥360.00$52.00$71.99
Ursa O Horizon (Spacebars)100$29.99€30.00¥214.00$31.00$42.99
Ursa Tessie (RAMA)50$51.99€60.00¥270.00$52.00$81.99
Deskmats20$16.99€32.00¥115.00$18.00$25.99

Giveaways

The first 20 orders on SwitchKeys get a RAMA WORKS Switchpuller XO free!

Stay tuned for more giveaways as the GB progresses!

Donation + Transparency

I'm excited to announce that that myself, the vendors, and proxies behind GMK Ursa are proud supporters of the League to Save Lake Tahoe. A portion of all proceeds will be donated to their organization. Learn more about them here: https://www.keeptahoeblue.org/

"The League to Save Lake Tahoe is dedicated to protecting and restoring the environmental health, sustainability, and scenic beauty of the Lake Tahoe Basin. We focus on water quality and its clarity for the preservation of a pristine Lake for future generations. "Keep Tahoe Blue" means a crystal clear Lake, protecting watersheds that support native plants and forests and abundant wildlife, an active and informed community of residents and visitors who act as stewards for the Lake, and communities and facilities within longstanding urban boundaries that harmonize with the natural environment, and provide low-impact outdoor recreational opportunities now and into the future."

Ursa Major: 20%
Ursa Paddington: 20%
Ursa Honey: 20%
Ursa Cub: 20%
Ursa O Horizon: 20%
Ursa Tessie: 100%

Transparency: These percentages reflect the share of my profits that will be donated to The League to Save Lake Tahoe. Each vendor will also be donating $1 per kit sold. A total donation amount will be disclosed after the completion of the group buy. Both a screenshot of my donation to The League to Save Lake Tahoe via their website and a copy of the relevant bank statement will be posted together.

Social

Acknowledgements

One huge thank you for the beautiful Abec13, he was an invaluable resource in the creation of this set, from doing the renders to consulting on naming and novelties.
All of my vendors and especially SwitchKeys for supporting me from IC to GB and always listening to my late night ramblings
r/keycapdesigners, you guys provided a lot of great feedback on both name and colors.
The Top Clack community, for just being a great family
The photographers at Unsplash for the backgrounds in my images.

Code for signature if you want to support the set!
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=102356.0][img width=474 height=119]https://i.imgur.com/BGMD1e2.png[/img][/url]
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 September 2020, 12:08:19 by NathanAlphaMan »

Offline Helpingly

• Hiya! I'm Helpingly
Re: [GB] GMK Ursa
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 11:43:54 »
Super excited for this. Glad it's open for a long time. Good luck with the GB!

Offline vision-quest

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 12:00:00 »
Must, control, myself...

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 12:47:54 »
I wonder how many people will order the split kit for use with GMK Olivia++?
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 November 2019, 13:22:18 by DukeEsquire »

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 14:34:26 »
At least +2 for me

Offline PocketAces

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 15:18:07 »
At least +2 for me
Me as well; the more I look at this set tho, the more I want to fully go in on it too

Yikes my wallet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline NathanAlphaMan

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 15:23:16 »
Hey Folks,

Small update, I forgot to include a giveaway section in the initial GB post and wanted to let all of you know that the first 20 orders on SwitchKeys get a RAMA WORKS SwitchPuller XO free!

Thank you for all of the support so far,

Nathan

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 15:33:40 »
At least +2 for me
Me as well; the more I look at this set tho, the more I want to fully go in on it too

Yikes my wallet

You and I have agreed to trade Kendo halves in the other thread. Are we straight up just going to have the same boards once all of this gets in our hands LOL

Offline PocketAces

Re: [GB] GMK Ursa | Giveaways!
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 15:35:40 »
At least +2 for me

Yikes my wallet

You and I have agreed to trade Kendo halves in the other thread. Are we straight up just going to have the same boards once all of this gets in our hands LOL
Uh ohhhhhhh

Just let me know whether you have Ursa or Olivia on your board at any given time and I’ll be sure to put the other one on so we’re always at least somewhat different

Offline bliss

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 15:44:07 »
For me the Paddington Kit is the superstar here:
US over ISO, UK and a vertical enter key novelty!

Not something you see every day - very much appreciated, wow. The perfect showcase. In comparison, even Uniqey's Q:01 has merely UK support (no R3 \|).

Have a successful GB, will be well deserved... 

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 15:45:45 »
At least +2 for me

Yikes my wallet

Uh ohhhhhhh

Just let me know whether you have Ursa or Olivia on your board at any given time and I’ll be sure to put the other one on so we’re always at least somewhat different

Lol don't even sweat it. Great minds think alike. I'm filling out the kendo with Olivia's hi caps on the alphas anyway, so it'll be super different regardless.

Offline PocketAces

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 15:52:45 »
At least +2 for me

Yikes my wallet

Uh ohhhhhhh

Lol don't even sweat it. Great minds think alike. I'm filling out the kendo with Olivia's hi caps on the alphas anyway, so it'll be super different regardless.
Damn, that sounds like it would look really interesting. I’m excited to see it for sure

Offline NathanAlphaMan

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 15:55:46 »

Not something you see every day - very much appreciated, wow. The perfect showcase. In comparison, even Uniqey's Q:01 has merely UK support (no R3 \|).

Thank you very much! DepletedVespene was a huge help in making that kit into what it is, so big shout out to him.

Offline bliss

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 16:07:47 »

Thank you very much! DepletedVespene was a huge help in making that kit into what it is, so big shout out to him.

Yes, it shows, I've learned a lot from his posts and articles! Proper ISO capability should not be a mystery, but too many designers have a false idea of baseline support - on the other hand, Ursa is, well, pure bliss :thumb:

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 16:19:56 »

You're making me blush here. ;D

GLWGB!

Offline NathanAlphaMan

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 16:25:33 »

You're making me blush here. ;D

GLWGB!

It's good to know your posts aren't going completely to deaf ears! For real though, thank you both for the support regarding Paddington!

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 20 November 2019, 05:57:17 »
Just went in on Major + Paddington + Mat.  Thank you for a great set, I would like this on my daily driver.  Very desk friendly colour scheme.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 20 November 2019, 08:02:17 »
Hey Folks,

Small update, I forgot to include a giveaway section in the initial GB post and wanted to let all of you know that the first 20 orders on SwitchKeys get a RAMA WORKS SwitchPuller XO free!

Nathan

What about orders at Kono?
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline NathanAlphaMan

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 20 November 2019, 08:09:04 »
Hey Folks,

Nathan

What about orders at Kono?

Unfortunately, orders from Kono are not eligible for the SwitchPuller giveaway, that offer is exclusive to SwitchKeys. However, Kono should have something separate launching later this week!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 21 November 2019, 13:25:36 »

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
Re: [GB] GMK Ursa | First update is out!
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 25 November 2019, 19:14:34 »

More
<-- history to date
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 December 2019, 10:07:48 by dvorcol »

Offline Pizza_on_Pineapple

Re: [GB] GMK Ursa | One week down!
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 29 November 2019, 11:20:06 »
Love the set! The colors are so calming and I love the design of the novelties. All I need now is a board to put them on ;)

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 30 November 2019, 04:05:51 »
I am surprised that the MOQ are not met yet.  This is one of the best colour combos this year?

Systems -
More

Keyboards -
More

Offline Beerbezerker

« Reply #23 on: Sat, 30 November 2019, 07:19:20 »
Let's go!

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 30 November 2019, 08:15:11 »
That's a strong start to the GB.  :thumb:

Offline heliar_mk

« Reply #25 on: Sat, 30 November 2019, 11:22:13 »
Love this design,join in GB

Offline NathanAlphaMan

« Reply #26 on: Sat, 30 November 2019, 16:21:33 »
Love this design,join in GB

I am surprised that the MOQ are not met yet.  This is one of the best colour combos this year?

That's a strong start to the GB.  :thumb:

Thank you for the support everyone!

I'd also like to show off this stunning render of Paddington on the beautiful J-02.

As all of you well know, Ursa is supporting Keep Tahoe Blue with a portion of our proceeds. If you would like to donate to another charity this holiday season, I urge you to check out the J-01 raffle on NovelKeys, with all proceeds supporting the Sue Ryder Foundation: https://novelkeys.xyz/collections/frontpage/products/j-01-raffle-ticket

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 09:57:28 »

More
<-- history to date
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 December 2019, 23:04:52 by dvorcol »

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
Re: [GB] GMK Ursa | Two weeks down!
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 23:03:37 »
Another MOQ has been reached!

More
<-- history to date
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 December 2019, 18:43:32 by dvorcol »

Offline NathanAlphaMan

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 00:52:45 »
Another MOQ has been reached!

Show Image

Show Image

Thanks for the update, Dvorcol! Awesome to see the novelties doing so well <3. Thank you for the support everyone!

Offline SirClark

« Reply #30 on: Sun, 08 December 2019, 14:51:59 »
Been watching this set for a while! I will definitely be joining soon. I need the 40s kit and if the 40s set doesn’t hit MOQ will the whole order be refunded or just the price for the 40 kit. Sadly I don’t need the set unless I can get the 40 set as well.

Offline NathanAlphaMan

« Reply #31 on: Sun, 08 December 2019, 15:30:14 »
Been watching this set for a while! I will definitely be joining soon. I need the 40s kit and if the 40s set doesn’t hit MOQ will the whole order be refunded or just the price for the 40 kit. Sadly I don’t need the set unless I can get the 40 set as well.

It's likely 40s will not hit MOQ, historically they never do. However, hopefully the vendors will decide to buy out 40s so that you'll be able to get your kit!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 18:42:40 »

More
<-- history to date
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 December 2019, 19:36:44 by dvorcol »

Offline heliar_mk

Re: [GB] GMK Ursa | Three weeks down!
« Reply #33 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 02:34:32 »
Any number update?

Offline NathanAlphaMan

« Reply #34 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 14:45:31 »
Any number update?

Tomorrow. I try to post updates on Mondays.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 19:35:34 »

More
<-- history to date
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 December 2019, 18:39:33 by dvorcol »

Offline NathanAlphaMan

Re: [GB] GMK Ursa | Four weeks down!
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 19:46:48 »
Sorry for the delayed graphs everyone! Here are our latest numbers, we should be on track to make MOQ with this buy. Thank you to everyone who has bought the set so far, and thank you to all those who plan to buy it come Christmas and the new year.

Offline deathwalker113

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 21:18:08 »
The ISO enter in Paddington kit make me want to be ISO user. Look so nice  :thumb:

Offline NathanAlphaMan

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 21:26:12 »
The ISO enter in Paddington kit make me want to be ISO user. Look so nice  :thumb:

I know I'm buying a J-02 just so I can use Paddington :p

Offline Jhambone9160

« Reply #39 on: Sat, 21 December 2019, 00:14:41 »
My second GMK group buy, I do believe this set is going to compliment a muted army green color board real well.

Offline kwazii

« Reply #40 on: Sat, 21 December 2019, 02:46:16 »
Does the base kit come with a 2u spacebar?

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #41 on: Sat, 21 December 2019, 06:16:09 »

Spacebars Kit features an accent (green) 2u spacebar and extension an alpha coloured one

Offline d00deitsnik

• Grails: SA Olivia, 1800 w/ only Latriualum keycaps
« Reply #42 on: Sat, 21 December 2019, 11:34:12 »

Spacebars Kit features an accent (green) 2u spacebar and extension an alpha coloured one

The 40s+ortho kit has the other 2u spacebar

Edit: The thing I typed disappeared
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 December 2019, 18:51:03 by d00deitsnik »

Offline sgbaker69

« Reply #43 on: Sun, 22 December 2019, 12:43:28 »
Just went for the base, novelties and the Vista mat. Gonna be my first GMK set. I cannot wait. Love the muted colors. They seem perfect for a professional setting, good work on the design!

Offline Imperilous

« Reply #44 on: Sun, 22 December 2019, 14:46:02 »
I love the green accent keys in this set so i will be joining this right after Christmas. I'm gonna go for Major, O Horizon and possibly Paddington.
However, due to missing NorDe kit i'm not going to be using anything from this set except for the green Esc, Enter and 6.25 space bar so just shoot me a PM if you're interested in the set excluding just those 3 mentioned keys. I'd be willing to let it go for half price.

Or even better, if somebody is going to join this set but would be willing to part ways with those 3 keys mentioned above i'll give $50+ for them. Again just shoot me a PM if so.
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 December 2019, 14:54:14 by Imperilous »

Offline NathanAlphaMan

« Reply #45 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 11:12:43 »
Hey y'all, I'm travelling today, so the update might come out tomorrow.

Thanks,

-Nathan

Offline jooobe

« Reply #46 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 14:15:35 »
How many caps GB is too many GB...?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #47 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 18:38:41 »

More
<-- history to date
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 December 2019, 20:29:40 by dvorcol »

Offline d00deitsnik

• Grails: SA Olivia, 1800 w/ only Latriualum keycaps
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 24 December 2019, 05:44:45 »
Show Image

Show Image

What do you think chances are that this set gets bought out based on the way current orders have been looking? Mainly wondering about other kits since it looks like the base will probably hit MOQ.

Offline NathanAlphaMan

« Reply #49 on: Tue, 24 December 2019, 14:31:19 »
Show Image

Show Image

What do you think chances are that this set gets bought out based on the way current orders have been looking? Mainly wondering about other kits since it looks like the base will probably hit MOQ.

Ideally 100%. It would be a shame if one of the kits were to not make it.