Author Topic: can anybody help with diode-locations?  (Read 1213 times)

Offline Chemoletter

can anybody help with diode-locations?
« on: Fri, 14 March 2014, 09:07:04 »
hi folks!
as i am now starting to put all the diodes on my phantom pcb ( first project ever ), i have noticed that i lack some knowledge about what some of the through-holes are good for. until now, i have put one diode into every through-hole which was assigned to a switch and paid attention to its orientation with the black band pointing to the square hole. i am aware to not put any diodes into through-holes that say "R" for resistor and i am putting them on the backside of the pcb ( as mentioned by whiteFireDragon in his youtube instruction video ). but there are some through holes which are 1. too many for the amount of switches and 2. in weird locations. i am the total noob, so please can you tell me whether i have to add diodes in these three zones or not? ( my layout will be ISO 1.25 german )

EDIT: i am only referring to the -???- spots. the other locations should be correct i hope.

thanks in advance!

« Last Edit: Fri, 14 March 2014, 09:09:58 by Chemoletter »

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
Re: can anybody help with diode-locations?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 14 March 2014, 12:43:36 »
Second picture - the 4 empty holes circled are for LEDs (center and off center Capslock)

Third Picture - yellow circle is for LEDs as well (Scroll lock)

Not sure about the rest, I'm not familiar with ISO layouts.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: can anybody help with diode-locations?
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 04:14:25 »
You have done it perfectly. All the switch diodes are in place. The other places are for LED's and resistors.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.