Author Topic: Handwired G80-1800 project board (incomplete)  (Read 1125 times)

Offline JunkFace

Handwired G80-1800 project board (incomplete)
« on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 22:32:27 »
Hey guys, so I bought some supplies pretty cheap (thanks Tarzan and CPTBadAss!) in order to learn how to make my own custom keyboards.  So far things are going fairly well but I've hit some snags.

I've got a G80-1800 plate and a teensy 2.0 and I learned a little late that there aren't enough pins on the teensy to make make the full board with the numpad and function keys, but that's okay this is a learning experience and I'm okay with a 75% (or whatever that woudl be) board with F keys for now.

Anyway I decided to go with Soarer's firmware because it's supposively the easiest to work with, It's by no means set in stones I have to use this firmware it's just what was recommended and it doesn't seem too over the top complicated.   Here's the keymap I think I'll end up going with:

Code: [Select]
matrix
scanrate 1
debounce 5

sense PB0 PB1 PB2 PB3 PB4 PB5 PB6 PB7
strobe PD7 UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED
strobe PE0 UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED
strobe PE1 UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED
strobe PC0 UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED
strobe PC1 UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED
strobe PC2 UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED
strobe PC3 UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED
strobe PC4 UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED
strobe PC5 UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED
strobe PC6 UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED
strobe PC7 UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED UNASSIGNED

unstrobed -PD0 UNASSIGNED
unstrobed -PD1 UNASSIGNED
unstrobed -PD2 UNASSIGNED
end

My question here is the PB0-7 are pins on the teensy but PC0-7 aren't, in place of PC0-7 could I go with PF0-7 instead?

My second question is I have a couple of keys that are in the same diode row and hot column (left ctrl, windows) (=,Backspace),([,\), and the (left,down, and right) arrow keys.  I'm not sure if the key board will be able to distinguish them or not since they share the same negative terminal and diode row.  How would this work? Would I need to rewire or can I rectify this in my code?

Here are some pics and a spreadsheet so in the very likely case my explanation wasn't very clear:

Here is a google doc of the layout:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11uDnaNzb-OxexTi9oRFBu6rP2ldHqSNk79VPPjyc904/edit#gid=0

Anyway if anyone's been there and knows the struggle I would really really appreciate some advice on this, It's kind of late right now and I may not be making a ton of sense so I'll clean this up tomorrow.  Any advice would be extremely helpful!! thanks! Will keep this updated!
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 June 2014, 00:54:14 by JunkFace »