Author Topic: Help needed on LED strip building  (Read 1109 times)

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
Help needed on LED strip building
« on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 22:43:33 »

What am I supposed to do with this?

I bought it thinking it only needed to be hooked up to power supply. But now I’m looking at the parts, and I don’t understand what to do. OK, I do have a DC12v somewhere. But what else am I supposed to do? Being not electrically trained I don’t instinctively know that to connect to what.

Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline unoab

Re: Help needed on LED strip building
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 00:21:49 »
If its anything like the one I have sitting around the headers in the bag should be a double sided male ones.  Using a 1x4 header join the LED strip to the control module.  On mine there is a tiny arrow that is for pin 1 which is ground on the strip, so that side connects to the black side of the LED strip.

and a picture because most times it helps better:
93010-0

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
Re: Help needed on LED strip building
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 00:39:24 »
Thank you. I finally figured out that both plugs were female that's why I couldn't connect them. I am currently using them with LED legs. You know when you cut off the led legs, there's a bit of metal that fits both female plugs. It's a silly solution but works.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.