Author Topic: Building a keyboard for a NASCOM 1  (Read 1141 times)

Offline lxndio

Building a keyboard for a NASCOM 1
« on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 12:21:10 »
Hello,
two days ago I started to reactivate my dad's NASCOM 1 after around three decades in which it was never used. So I went to an old fashioned electronics store to buy some of the ICs I did not have and yeah, it is working now but I don't have a keyboard for it and that's where the problems start. As you might know, it is absolutely made before words like "standard" or "compatability" were defined. That said, my project is to build a keyboard for it. The technical knowledge is of course not a problem but I am searching for switches and keycaps currently.
I've seen that mechanicalkeyboards.com is selling Cherry MX Blue switches quite cheap for I think $24 per 50 units, I will need I think around 55 switches. But now the problems which are a) are they shipping to Germany (I wrote them a message to find out) and b) which keycaps to use. They should not be too expansive but may look at least a little bit retro.
Maybe someone has an idea on one of the problems. Thanks in advance.
Regards,
lxndio

Offline neverused

Re: Building a keyboard for a NASCOM 1
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 13:12:42 »
One of the recent full SA profile or even DSA keycaps could work for you. Hack'd by Geeks and Penumbra come to mind.  The SA Retro buy recently could work but it's more Commodore 64 inspired.