Author Topic: Removed keyboard in devices like a dingus  (Read 2834 times)

Offline Buster69

Removed keyboard in devices like a dingus
« on: Mon, 28 December 2020, 15:35:00 »
I was having some issues getting my pcb flashed yesterday.  It turned out I was using the wrong hex file.

At any rate, I accidentally removed the keyboard that windows devices when I was doing my troubleshooting.  Eventually, I got my keyboard working appropriately, but when I shut down my pc today and turned back on, my keyboard is not being recognized by windows, via, etc.

Any quick tips to resolve this?  The only thing I can think of is trying to reflash the pcb, or will that not solve my problem?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated? 

Offline Buster69

Re: Removed keyboard in devices like a dingus
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 28 December 2020, 15:37:55 »
I was having some issues getting my pcb flashed yesterday.  It turned out I was using the wrong hex file.

At any rate, I accidentally removed the keyboard that windows devices when I was doing my troubleshooting.  Eventually, I got my keyboard working appropriately, but when I shut down my pc today and turned back on, my keyboard is not being recognized by windows, via, etc.

Any quick tips to resolve this?  The only thing I can think of is trying to reflash the pcb, or will that not solve my problem?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated?

I accidentally removed the keyboard in windows devices when I was doing my troubleshooting*

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 28 December 2020, 15:41:55 »
Just unplug and replug the keyboard, perhaps? Not sure if you've tried that already. The PC should be able to detect it and install drivers accordingly.

Offline Buster69

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 28 December 2020, 15:45:40 »
Just unplug and replug the keyboard, perhaps? Not sure if you've tried that already. The PC should be able to detect it and install drivers accordingly.

Hey, lightening, big fan.  No, unfortunately that didn't do the trick.  When I restart, windows isn't recognizing the sp-111 because I removed it entirely I think from windows...  Nothing is being detected whatsoever and I am unsure of how to correct.  The only thing I can think of is trying to reflash or even doing a clean install of windows.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 28 December 2020, 15:47:16 »

Hey, lightening, big fan.  No, unfortunately that didn't do the trick.  When I restart, windows isn't recognizing the sp-111 because I removed it entirely I think from windows...  Nothing is being detected whatsoever and I am unsure of how to correct.  The only thing I can think of is trying to reflash or even doing a clean install of windows.

Wait, wait. You shouldn't have to reinstall Windows lol

Reflashing could work; though if the device isn't being detected at all by the system, I'm not sure if it'll pop up on QMK toolbox -- give it a shot nonetheless. If you manage to reflash it, it shouldn't be too bad/difficult to remap your layout on VIA (or qmk), anyway.

Offline Buster69

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 28 December 2020, 15:50:06 »

Reflashing could work; though if the device isn't being detected at all by the system, I'm not sure if it'll pop up on QMK toolbox -- give it a shot nonetheless. If you manage to reflash it, it shouldn't be too bad/difficult to remap your layout on VIA (or qmk), anyway.

Ya, trying to avoid anything major at all costs haha.  I had everything working flawlessly this morning, but of course I had to remove the device entirely.  I am going to try and reflash and hopefully that will do the trick.  Thanks for the help and I will report back.

Offline Buster69

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 28 December 2020, 16:05:17 »

reflashing did the trick, for now..  It seems like windows picked it up again after resetting the pcb.  I was overthinking it, but still glad I reached out here first.  Thanks again for your help <3