Author Topic: Good morning from Oregon!  (Read 1582 times)

Offline kzq

Good morning from Oregon!
« on: Sat, 20 June 2020, 14:44:31 »
Hey everyone! I've been pretty interested in mech keyboards for a while now, but I really haven't invested in anything besides a basic 65%. I'm looking to make a nice custom keeb and I'm just looking around to see what looks good to me.

Offline funkmon

Re: Good morning from Oregon!
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 21 June 2020, 00:07:30 »
What switches do you like? What off-the-shelf keyboards have you tried? :D

Offline kzq

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 21 June 2020, 18:32:09 »
I think that I prefer tactile switches. To be fair though, I have only tried a few types of switches like basic cherry ones, some cherry clones, and halo trues once so I don't know too much about nicer switches. I've tried a few more mainstream boards from like Corsair and Razer, but I'm currently using a Magicforce 68 with outemu browns (cherry clone).

Offline funkmon

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 02:29:17 »
Hey if you like browns, that's the thing man. I didn't like those for the longest time, but I tried them lately and they're really nice. Light weighting, subtle tactile bump to know when you've actuated. Very good. If you like those, you might like the Matias keyboards! They feel similar, but are more sharply tactile.

Most of the MX style keys I've seen use essentially the same mechanism to generate tactility, a lumpy slider, so they feel largely samey.