Author Topic: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)  (Read 772469 times)

Offline Data

Re: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #1250 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 13:02:25 »
Hi guys,

I’ve been helping Aconic and TGR prep the boards for shipping. I never intended to post here, but I feel the degree of escalation in this thread over the past two days has been unwarranted and unjustified. Allow me to explain.

[SNIP]

Thanks for addressing some of our concerns.  I've said all I wanted to say so I'll go back to lurking and hoping.  Sorry if my comments offended anyone.

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #1251 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 13:37:30 »
Hi guys,

I’ve been helping Aconic and TGR prep the boards for shipping. I never intended to post here, but I feel the degree of escalation in this thread over the past two days has been unwarranted and unjustified. Allow me to explain.

Firstly, do remember that we are working out of someone else’s premises, as explained by Jua in this post.

Secondly, when Yuktsi posted this update last Friday, it was already 5:30pm over here. We’d just left the facility after a long day of sorting and packing; each of us assumed the other had taken pictures when in fact nobody did. By the time we realized this, it was too late to go back for pictures as the owner had already locked up for the weekend. This is not an excuse, it was an honest mistake on our part and I'm just pointing out what happened.

We finally got around to taking some pics late yesterday (Monday 6 Nov) and posting them today (Tuesday 7 Nov), I hope this is sufficient proof that progress is being made and people can feel more at ease.

Moving on. I’ll try to steer this thread back on track by addressing some questions/statements from you guys (*DISCLAIMER*: I could be mistaken, Jua or Yuktsi please do step in and correct me).

...last I heard there were no pink extras unfortunately

You’re right.

Frosted acrylic looks much more transparent than the original engineering sample, any chance this is a one-off? Or are they all as transparent as this most recent photo.. I was hoping for something a little more opaque.

...I can just take sandpaper to the inside of it once I get it to make it a little more 'frosted'

The pic of the engineering sample was taken in lower light compared to today’s pics. In a bright room, you can definitely see the PCB clearly when looking at the Exent from underneath, but IMO that’s not necessarily a bad thing. I’d strongly advise you to at least test the RGB underglow/diffusion before taking a piece of sandpaper to the bottom.

Can we have some information and pictures on the alu bottom also? A vague approximation of the expected delay ?

Well obviously we have missed this deadline. It is not within my jurisdiction to tell you what the new deadline is, that would be best answered directly by Jua or Yuktsi. All I can do right now is to humbly ask for a bit more patience, and hopefully that you can adjust your expectations. You are welcome to yell at me if you feel like it.

All the storm of comment had made them post some pictures!

This is patently false. Pics would have been posted regardless of the “storm”, I’m just sorry it wasn’t done before this guy decided to unload and open the floodgates.

________

In closing, I just want to say that we’re close to the finish line (for the polycarb kits at least), hopefully the pictures posted are proof enough. I’m super stoked for this board myself (I paid full price like everybody here), and I’m very impressed by what I’ve seen so far. This might be a stretch, but I suspect you might just forget the delays and radio silence once you’ve had the chance to unbox your package and hold the Exent in both arms ;)

Far for me the idea to yell on you. I hope you did not see my comment as something bad.. I am just curious. I now delay can happen, I just said that communication is a good thing, even without pick, just drop a little message on the process is nice, as you did and I would like to thank you very much for this message. I am super confident that this board will deliver, and as I said I am in no need or rush to get this :) !

Thanks again for the update, and I hope there will be some more with some details for the alu bottom  :thumb:

Offline foxlive

« Reply #1252 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 13:41:54 »
If delays of double or more beyond the expected delivery date are "super common" then we have a major ****ing problem in our community.  Why are YOU okay with this?

Just because the GB is setup by some "community member" (I use the term loosely - frequently they are from some other community and have only signed up here to generate interest) doesn't make it OK for them to take our money and then maybe, possibly, eventually deliver something that resembles what we paid for.  You're out of your mind.  In no other hobby would that be considered acceptable.

It's no surprise so much keyboard business has shifted to companies like Massdrop.  People ***** about the "community feeling" disappearing from our hobby... but it's because the community is full of spineless flakes and fraudsters!

This is super common in the playing card collecting community which has a similar indie production community to mechanical keyboards, and through both Kickstarter and IndieGoGo, platforms built around this type of support funded project creation.  I'm closing in on nearly 200 crowd funding projects supported, including GBs through forums like this, and crowd funding platforms like Kickstarter, and this is not only commonplace but it is also generally expected by experienced backers. While it's not uncommon for reactions like you are having, it tends to be the minority, and frequently comes from people with limited crowd funding experience (not assuming that is you) who don't realize extreme delays aren't uncommon and that the majority of supporters don't see it as a problem so much as an understandable hiccup and frequently lean more towards a "as long as it takes to get it right" mentality.

I, personally, am OK with this because I am waiting on something completely and totally superfluous, I already have keyboards, plural, so it doesn't matter if another keyboard takes longer to show up. I would argue this is the case for everyone here since we all clearly have one text input method or another, and I would be completely shocked if no one here had at least one keyboard already, which is a little hardcore if they are going from only typing on a cell phone straight to an Exent.

Clearly agree with you, is it super unlikely that someone here really "need" the exent as a primary keyboard! Nevertheless, I understand the reaction of some people here (I do not caution getting rude!), but as I told I faced a "failed" kickstarter project which provide this kind of not so good communication, even with pictures and so on for about 2 years, then they stopped taking pic and responding.. They add the very bad taste to send a message one month ago telling "we will finish with our own money".. No they will not, I lost almost 300 bucks on this, but this is life of GB... I really think (and HOPE !) this will finish and that we will get our amazing keebs soon enough and everything will be okay :) ! But for sure, communication is good and it not that time consuming. I think the main point of a lot of people here is to have update on regular basis even if it is to tell bad news, delay and so on. I really agree with you that this delay, for this kind of product is "okay" at the end, but for sure communication was not the best here.

All the storm of comment had made them post some pictures! So I would say they read this post and care, but It would be nice to have some words for them also with some expected delay, avancing for process and packing...

I think you're conflating an articulated need with a degree of subjective acceptance related to delays.  This is a logical fallacy.

I may not need a particular product.  But if I buy it, I have a reasonable expectation as a consumer that it will be delivered at some time roughly around the stated delivery window, and that the selling party will keep me informed of any and all developments.  This is basic commerce and customer service stuff.  It's not rocket science.

"**** happens", as they say, and some delays are expected.  I thought I was clear on this, so it's incredibly frustrating that I have to keep repeating the point.  No one said all delays were unacceptable.  This isn't my first rodeo.  The delays in this GB are extraordinary and when combined with wholly inadequate communication they make a trainwreck.  The team has failed to deliver the product in a reasonable time (commerce) and failed to explain why (customer service).  It's the double failure that's not acceptable.

All I'm asking is for sellers to hold up their end of the bargain and for "buyers" to stop giving them a limp-wristed pass every time they **** up.  Let's set some standards and hold people accountable to them.

I also agree with you. There is a clear need for communication. They should, as a lot of people correctly suggest here, have put a larger estimation of the time it will need. I think everyone would be okay for a 6 month process, and if it finish in 4 everyone is happy ! And if there is few month of delay for sure it will be less. I just feel that often some people are not very handy with communication, as I face it in my personal and professional life all the time. They do amazing things, but they don't know how to handle the com' correctly, which is bad.. I am sure things could have run more smoothly with constant update even with this delay.

Offline codywanks

« Reply #1253 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 10:32:55 »
Is the goal to ship them this week, or next week?

I would like to know this too. Pics are good and all, but we've already had enough of them in the past to know that these boards exist. When can we hope for them to be shipped? What next date should we be looking to? That seems to be the one big question currently left unanswered.

It's almost 3am here and it would be remiss of me to answer this without first confirming with the main GB people. I'll see to it when we meet up tomorrow to pack more boards.

So,

1) For Polycarb basic kits:
- Packing done for Black, Blue, Purple, Pink and Silver orders that have the standard 8deg feet and alu plate (including the boards pictured here). *Note: edited*
- Shipping company has been notified to come collect them.
- Earliest we can start giving people their tracking numbers is next week. Your patience is appreciated.

2) For Polycarb premium kits:
- The GMK sets haven’t got here yet, but we’re expecting them soon™.
- We’ll begin packing as if they were basic kits, and throw the caps in last.

3) For kits with alu bottom:
- Still being machined.

4) Next update:
- Probably the weekend, depending on how much progress is made with #2.
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 November 2017, 20:57:10 by codywanks »

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #1254 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 10:37:48 »
Thanks for the update!  :)
Waiting patiently for the alu bottoms, hopefully i can get it before the year ends.
Bantam44 | M0116 | Miuni32 | EXENT | Un-novatouch'd Novatouch to be fixed

Offline Data

« Reply #1255 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 10:49:07 »

Are you sure? 

Great! Do you have the GMK sets in hand?
Yeah.  :cool:

Offline Dead Encryption

• Dead...
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #1256 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 10:52:27 »

I would like to know this too. Pics are good and all, but we've already had enough of them in the past to know that these boards exist. When can we hope for them to be shipped? What next date should we be looking to? That seems to be the one big question currently left unanswered.

It's almost 3am here and it would be remiss of me to answer this without first confirming with the main GB people. I'll see to it when we meet up tomorrow to pack more boards.

So,

- Packing done for Black, Blue, Purple, Pink and Silver orders that have the standard 8deg feet (including the boards pictured here).
- Earliest we can start giving people their tracking numbers is next week. Your patience is appreciated.

- Still being machined.

4) Next update:

So where are the grey kits? I got a premium grey kit and would like to know...

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #1257 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 11:02:55 »

So,

- Packing done for Black, Blue, Purple, Pink and Silver orders that have the standard 8deg feet (including the boards pictured here).

- Still being machined.

4) Next update:

Same here with a polycarb gray basic kit

Offline Traveler

« Reply #1258 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 11:12:08 »
So,

- Still being machined.

4) Next update:

Fantastic update; this is the kind of communication I like to see. Thanks for the info!

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1259 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 12:34:21 »

Are you sure? 

Great! Do you have the GMK sets in hand?
Yeah.  :cool:

Would like clarification on this too, other than that - great update! Thank you.

Offline foxlive

« Reply #1260 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 13:11:16 »
And here I am with Gray kit and alu bottom.. Guess I will wait :p !

Offline giangpn

« Reply #1261 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 16:04:10 »
and I'm here waiting for extras lol
I see dead people.

Offline krispy

« Reply #1262 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 16:40:32 »

4) Next update:

I'm making myself manage expectations. Fingers crossed for polycarb premium kits to start shipping in 2018 Q1 (maybe Q2). Just around the corner guys.

Offline codywanks

« Reply #1263 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 17:01:51 »

Are you sure? 

Would like clarification on this too

As in, haven't got to the facility we're using to do the packing. Someone will bring them over by car. I don't know whose house they're in.

Let me check on the status of the greys and get back to ya.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1264 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 17:09:05 »

Are you sure? 

Would like clarification on this too

As in, haven't got to the facility we're using to do the packing. Someone will bring them over by car. I don't know whose house they're in.

That's reassuring, glad that was cleared up swiftly. Thanks!

Offline stand.geek

« Reply #1265 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 23:22:50 »
Any info about the 12 degree feet?

Offline kacase

• All things bright and beautiful.
    • 9di
« Reply #1266 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 07:06:35 »
And the dark greys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Orion V2 | Rama M65-A | Rama M67-A aka. Exent | Keycool TKL | Cherry MX Board 3.0

Offline txclack

« Reply #1267 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 09:25:44 »
I'll take any ones GMK Keys they no longer wanted $$$

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #1268 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 09:42:26 »
I haven’t been following along closely to this thread for a while. Has it been said when extras will be available?

Offline codywanks

« Reply #1269 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 21:05:23 »
Answers to questions:

Let me check on the status of the greys and get back to ya.

A box was just dropped off at our packing facility this morning :) They look great!

Black - Grey - Silver:

Any info about the 12 degree feet?

Give me a couple days to check up on this.

Offline codywanks

« Reply #1270 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 21:12:25 »
Latest news:

1) Polycarb basic kits:
- Sorry I made a mistake with the previous update. This is the corrected post:

- Packing done for Black, Blue, Purple, Pink and Silver orders that have the standard 8deg feet and alu plate.

- This means if you picked the brass plate or 12deg feet, or if you added any extras to your basic kit order (e.g. a second PCB), it was filed under a different spreadsheet and will be packed later.
- Today's job will be packing the basic Grey orders (8deg feet, alu plate) with no extras.

2) Polycarb premium kits:
- Will start packing after Grey basics are done.

3) Kits with alu bottom:
- No change. The bottoms are still being machined.

4) Next update:
- I’ll check in again after the weekend. But Jua/Yuktsi might beat me to it.

Offline Data

« Reply #1271 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 21:37:46 »
Good update. Thanks.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1272 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 21:38:43 »
Damn I'm real pleased with silver. Glad I chose that color.

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #1273 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 23:14:39 »
I got the black and the grey because I couldn't decide between the two, really liking the look of the silver though...

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1274 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 06:23:19 »
Latest news:

1) Polycarb basic kits:
- Sorry I made a mistake with the previous update. This is the corrected post:

- Packing done for Black, Blue, Purple, Pink and Silver orders that have the standard 8deg feet and alu plate.

- This means if you picked the brass plate or 12deg feet, or if you added any extras to your basic kit order (e.g. a second PCB), it was filed under a different spreadsheet and will be packed later.
- Today's job will be packing the basic Grey orders (8deg feet, alu plate) with no extras

Any word on when that "later" would be for the brass plates/12º feet?

Offline kacase

• 9di
« Reply #1275 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 06:29:55 »
I made all the wrong choices...
Dark gray, brass plate, 12* feet. Well at least not the Alu bottom. So I guess it could be worse :D

Orion V2 | Rama M65-A | Rama M67-A aka. Exent | Keycool TKL | Cherry MX Board 3.0

Offline foxlive

« Reply #1276 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 06:33:02 »
I made all the wrong choices...
Dark gray, brass plate, 12* feet. Well at least not the Alu bottom. So I guess it could be worse :D

Ahah same for me, dark gray, alu bottom.. But it the end it is not worst, the key is to have an amazing keebs with the spec that WE want :D

Offline fuzzbomb

« Reply #1277 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 09:08:23 »
I ordered the pink because I figured why not, and damn if the pictures don't look better than I even expected. Kind of sad I didn't order a black to go with it, though.

Offline Hellcatz

« Reply #1278 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 09:12:22 »
Waitin for extras Plese message me if your selling

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #1279 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 11:15:13 »
After a month of not checking, I came here to check on production/shipping progress and wow, really surprised by people flipping out about production delays...  I have an aluminum bottom, so I'm going to be one of the last to receive.  I'm happy to be getting an EXENT, even though the delays are long. 

For those who are not as experienced in supporting group buys, you will get your product.  I've seen some group buys go as long as 4 years!  I agree with previous posters that, as a community, we should hold runners to higher standards.  Unfortunately, a lot of delays are not in control of the person running the group buy...  and they often end up running the buy at a loss because of it. 

Thanks TARO for running this.  Good luck with everything and best of luck on the packing/shipping of the first group to go out!   :thumb:

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #1280 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 01:27:11 »

email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline Helldrop

« Reply #1281 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 02:15:39 »
Show Image

Show Image

I think he seems to conduct the quality check.
That purple one might be mine. Can’t wait!

Offline kacase

• 9di
« Reply #1282 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 02:16:12 »
Show Image

Show Image

Thanks Yuktsi!

Dark gray looking great! Glad I went for it :)

Offline foxlive

« Reply #1283 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 03:11:41 »
Show Image

Show Image

Thanks Yuktsi!

Dark gray looking great! Glad I went for it :)

Agreed! It look awesome! Can’t wait to hold it!

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #1284 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 04:20:13 »

Bunch of packed exents ready to be shipped.

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #1285 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 04:26:43 »
Show Image

Bunch of packed exents ready to be shipped.

Any chance some gray basic kits among these?

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #1286 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 04:41:02 »
Hi!

Sharing some pics of the Black and Blue.

Full album here: https://imgur.com/a/p0HkI

Enjoy :)
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 November 2017, 04:44:25 by catweewee »

Offline wtzll

« Reply #1287 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 05:03:22 »
Holy moly these look sweet!
5975:JP

Offline merutz

• @merutz
« Reply #1288 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 05:26:18 »
Thanks for the update guys! Looking good!

QFR R-i/DSA Dolch   |   MX Master
     + yellow Esc

Offline Helldrop

« Reply #1289 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 05:43:39 »
Hi!

Sharing some pics of the Black and Blue.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Full album here: https://imgur.com/a/p0HkI

Enjoy :)

Wow, blue is dope. How beautiful!

Offline robbles

« Reply #1290 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 09:42:46 »
These pics are really making me regret cancelling my order. Ran into some financial issues and needed the money. The black looks so sweet. Can't wait to see all the glamour shots when people finish their builds!
How does one become so interested in a thing like keyboards? When you realize you use a keyboard more than any other tool in your life.

Offline gutsack

« Reply #1291 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 14:34:13 »
A box was just dropped off at our packing facility this morning :) They look great!

Black - Grey - Silver:

Show Image

Just curious: It looks in this photo like the gray is fairly splotchy (non-uniform)... is this a camera issue or is it like that in real life? By comparison the other colors all look very uniform.

Offline Data

« Reply #1292 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 14:48:09 »

Black - Grey - Silver:

Show Image

Just curious: It looks in this photo like the gray is fairly splotchy (non-uniform)... is this a camera issue or is it like that in real life? By comparison the other colors all look very uniform.

Could be fingerprints.  You can (barely) see it on the black case too, and it's not present in later photos of the black case.  Just a guess.

Offline foxlive

« Reply #1293 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 15:17:16 »

Black - Grey - Silver:

Show Image

Could be fingerprints.  You can (barely) see it on the black case too, and it's not present in later photos of the black case.  Just a guess.

I was also wondering this myself. I thought it could be some kind of grease or deposit due to the process. I understand that they had issue with the dark gray anodization process, and re-done it. So I would be quite surprise if this kind of huge mark would be consider acceptable for them. It must definitely be some kind of deposit that will be clean and not a default in the color.

Offline zurikade

• Math Always Wins.
« Reply #1294 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 21:26:17 »
Hi team, loving what I've seen so far. I can't wait to get my Black with Brass and the Alum / Polycarb bottoms. I was wondering if we could see an updated photo of the keycaps?

Thanks! <3

Offline codywanks

« Reply #1295 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 04:00:07 »
Hi guys. Just checking in quickly. Hope you're all having a good week.

To confirm, this is indeed an issue for grey. Unfortunately, it was more obvious in my photo compared to in real life (i.e. camera makes it look worse), so it wasn't caught early. We just wasted the entire day unpacking and disassembling grey Exents. Most (all?) are affected. Jua/Yuktsi will comment on this moving forward.

Couple of short updates:

- Packing done for Black, Blue, Purple, Pink and Silver orders that have the standard 8deg feet and alu plate (including the boards pictured here). *Note: edited*

This is still trickling out. Not all have been picked up for delivery yet (different couriers for different parts of the world).

Any word on when that "later" would be for the brass plates/12º feet?

Only after all alu plate orders & 8deg feet orders have been sorted out.

I was wondering if we could see an updated photo of the keycaps?

Requests for specific photos will have to wait. I wanted to take a pic of the brass plates but they were buried under several heavy boxes of parts which were buried under bundles of packing foam which were covered with stationery, paperwork and bottles of water.

If you have more questions just leave them below and I'll see what I can do. Also, a huge thanks to those who've left us positive messages or words of encouragement!

Offline dr_derivative

• Not a real doctor
« Reply #1296 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 04:43:12 »
The pics look great, I can't wait for mine  :p

Any ETA for the aluminium bottoms?
GH/Reddit/DT: dr_derivative | Discord: dr_derivative#3618 | IG: dr_derivative_mk
MK Ireland Discord: https://discord.gg/2KdxJzR

Offline foxlive

« Reply #1297 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 04:56:50 »
Wow so the issue with the dark gray are real. Even if you said it is more visible on the pic that on real life, it is still looking very «non uniform », which is not nice at all. Can we have more info on that? The finish will be remake or leave as it is?

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #1298 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 07:04:26 »
Wow so the issue with the dark gray are real. Even if you said it is more visible on the pic that on real life, it is still looking very «non uniform », which is not nice at all. Can we have more info on that? The finish will be remake or leave as it is?
I have two boxes of grey top in my car now, gonna send them back tomorrow and will update you guys on how it goes.

My collection

More

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #1299 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 07:05:45 »
The pics look great, I can't wait for mine  :p

Any ETA for the aluminium bottoms?
They are still finishing on the machining. We have requested for some photos and update, still waiting on the reply.

My collection

More