Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4185131 times)

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #26250 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 08:54:27 »
Barely staying awake at my desk...

Stimpak

(Attachment Link)
Pretty sure I'd be using them regularly if they existed.
And no I am not interested in doing coke, TP.

Offline Starius

« Reply #26251 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 16:13:27 »
Just updated Ghost in the Shell video collection.

Went from 100GB  to  570GB 610GB

m0ar HDD space, m0ar ghost shell.

Show Image

Got any room left for Appleseed?

All 3 appleseed blurays together remuxes out to ~80GB

Then I can only assume that Dominion Tank Police is in there somewhere as well!

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26252 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 16:40:44 »
Just updated Ghost in the Shell video collection.

Went from 100GB  to  570GB 610GB

m0ar HDD space, m0ar ghost shell.

Show Image

Got any room left for Appleseed?

All 3 appleseed blurays together remuxes out to ~80GB

Then I can only assume that Dominion Tank Police is in there somewhere as well!

I recently tried to watch Appleseed and stopped about 20mins into the first movie.  Maybe I just need to power through it (it wasn't a video quality issue).

Perhaps after I finish Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Neon Genesis Evangelion I'll try again.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #26253 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 16:58:07 »

I recently tried to watch Appleseed and stopped about 20mins into the first movie.  Maybe I just need to power through it (it wasn't a video quality issue).

Perhaps after I finish Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Neon Genesis Evangelion I'll try again.

There's not a whole lot of plot to Appleseed, I believe it's more of a tech demo for the studio.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26254 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 17:00:38 »

There's not a whole lot of plot to Appleseed, I believe it's more of a tech demo for the studio.

Definitely not a bad tech demo.  They've got all kinds of cartoony CG that was popular for the time.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26255 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 17:14:06 »

Definitely not a bad tech demo.  They've got all kinds of cartoony CG that was popular for the time.

Both Ghost in the Shell original  and Innocence movie are available in 4K.

You can skip the Individual 11 and Laughing man ova movie, from Stand alone complex. You will need to watch the  SAC - Solid State Society

Then you need to watch the Arise series, 1-5,   

Skip the rebrand for tv episodes, alternative architecture (it's just the movies chopped up into tv shows),   

Finally, you watch the  Ghost in the shell - New movie,  which is continuation from ARISE.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26256 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 18:03:34 »

Both Ghost in the Shell original  and Innocence movie are available in 4K.

You can skip the Individual 11 and Laughing man ova movie, from Stand alone complex. You will need to watch the  SAC - Solid State Society

Then you need to watch the Arise series, 1-5,   

Skip the rebrand for tv episodes, alternative architecture (it's just the movies chopped up into tv shows),   

Finally, you watch the  Ghost in the shell - New movie,  which is continuation from ARISE.

I mention the cartoony stylized CG of Appleseed and tp4tissue's ruby script fired off for Ghost in the Shell.  Sort your server tp4--it's misfiring.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #26257 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 18:31:54 »
Tripped in the kitchen and spilled curry all over my white walls.  Feels good, man.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26258 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 18:46:06 »

I mention the cartoony stylized CG of Appleseed and tp4tissue's ruby script fired off for Ghost in the Shell.  Sort your server tp4--it's misfiring.

Tp4 konws what Tp4's doin'  , !!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26259 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 18:46:39 »
Tripped in the kitchen and spilled curry all over my white walls.  Feels good, man.

gotta get dat glossy top coat.. prevent stains.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #26260 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 06:31:09 »
Didn't get to work today, moved a lamppost 20 feet while it was still vertical instead.  I'm bothered that gravity didn't work, it's a pretty fundamental principal we rely on but aparently we shouldn't.

RIP mum's car :-[
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Starius

« Reply #26261 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 06:57:18 »
Didn't get to work today, moved a lamppost 20 feet while it was still vertical instead.  I'm bothered that gravity didn't work, it's a pretty fundamental principal we rely on but aparently we shouldn't.

Did your airbags work at least? 

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #26262 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 07:19:05 »

Oh yes, I'm physically fine.  There might be a scratch on my neck from the seatbelt but maybe that was a stray fingernail while I slept...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26263 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 08:56:12 »

Oh yes, I'm physically fine.  There might be a scratch on my neck from the seatbelt but maybe that was a stray fingernail while I slept...

What childhood trauma spurred such deep h8tred for lamp posts ?

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26264 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 10:45:08 »

Holy hell, I'm glad everyone is alright.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26265 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 10:55:16 »

But was he too fast or too furious ??

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #26266 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 11:40:58 »

Definitely not furious (I'm too chilled to have ever been called furious) and as I've not been charged with dangerous driving I think the concensus is not too fast either.  Too stupid maybe, but I've driven that bend 5/6 times a week for the past 12 weeks and today was the third time I had to scrape my car.  Unfortunately, I assume, today was also the first time there was ice on that corner.  Bad luck, bad driving, or more likely a bit of both.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline iri

« Reply #26267 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 12:49:27 »

Definitely not furious (I'm too chilled to have ever been called furious) and as I've not been charged with dangerous driving I think the concensus is not too fast either.  Too stupid maybe, but I've driven that bend 5/6 times a week for the past 12 weeks and today was the third time I had to scrape my car.  Unfortunately, I assume, today was also the first time there was ice on that corner.  Bad luck, bad driving, or more likely a bit of both.
You scraped three cars in three months?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26268 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 12:56:37 »

I read Tesla has dis' ice detect algorithm.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #26269 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 13:01:58 »

You scraped three cars in three months?
Haha, not quite!  Scraping a car is removing ice from the windows, scrapping a car is destroying it.  One is plenty of the latter...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline iri

« Reply #26270 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 14:08:06 »
lol :D
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline invariance

• ...here with all the other boson's
« Reply #26271 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 15:14:41 »
We have gas bottles on our house for the cooktop and hot water system and the pressure regulator is leaking.  That’s annoying but what is the kicker is waiting for pay day as we are down to our last 80 cents.  F*ck the quarterly bills and car service and school fees all coming in at once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only BS I
want to hear is
from a Model M:
PN:1391401
DOB: 04FEB87
      Wyse 85      Mtek K104
SMK Blue: Chicony KB-5181; HyperX Aqua: HyperX Alloy Origins *Yet-to-rebuild: A 69 key C. P. Clare Foam & Foil assy *Rubber: Digital LK46W-A2; uSoft Natural Pro RT9401, Natural Multimedia 1.0A RT9470, Natural Ergonomic 4000 KU-0460; "Avid" Sejin SLKR2233; "Diamond Touch" Mitsubishi 6511-PB

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #26272 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 15:15:57 »

Glad it wasn't worse.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #26273 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 15:22:23 »
We have gas bottles on our house for the cooktop and hot water system and the pressure regulator is leaking.  That’s annoying but what is the kicker is waiting for pay day as we are down to our last 80 cents.  F*ck the quarterly bills and car service and school fees all coming in at once.

Can you get a roll of duct tape with your last 80 cents?  I can't think of anything better to spend it on!
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26274 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 15:27:58 »

Can you get a roll of duct tape with your last 80 cents?  I can't think of anything better to spend it on!

It's like a real life trailor park boys episode .. !

212783-0

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #26275 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 05:09:21 »
It's never good to wake up with a headache :(

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #26277 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 19:46:25 »

I hope this is not a regular occurrence!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #26278 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 20:01:59 »

No it isn't a regular thing but it eventually eased off. :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #26279 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 20:18:26 »

No it isn't a regular thing but it eventually eased off. :thumb:

:D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #26280 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 22:17:28 »
Can't remember if I still have a topre numberpad (23U/23UB) somewhere in a box....I've bought and sold a few over the years.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26281 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 22:25:30 »
Can't remember if I still have a topre numberpad (23U/23UB) somewhere in a box....I've bought and sold a few over the years.

Maybe start a new collection..

Tp4 recommends Computer Monitors Collection. !!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #26282 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 22:36:34 »

No I don't need more things, I've got too many things, although I'm going to see if I can get some 27" monitors at work if they decide to get me a new workstation.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26283 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 23:10:53 »

No I don't need more things, I've got too many things, although I'm going to see if I can get some 27" monitors at work if they decide to get me a new workstation.

Awww yea boi... Wurk Swipe...  Ask them for Colorimeter too.. !!

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #26284 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 05:41:15 »
Internet is down for the whole neighborhood and the estimated fix date is 20/2  :confused:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26285 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 07:14:27 »
Internet is down for the whole neighborhood and the estimated fix date is 20/2  :confused:

Perfect time to quick the Internet..

Dno't be like Tp4 , Internet 100% of life.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #26286 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 07:49:45 »

I've been spending a lot of time with the wife, even did some reading.
"Unfortunately" I've discovered that I can USB-tether my main PC and get internet that way.
So now I can browse the web and listen to some music once in a while, but the internet is far from stellar. 550KB/s average download speed.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26287 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 08:50:34 »

"Unfortunately" I've discovered that I can USB-tether my main PC and get internet that way.
So now I can browse the web and listen to some music once in a while, but the internet is far from stellar. 550KB/s average download speed.

That's too much internet..  Hurry before it's too late.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #26288 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 10:40:27 »

That's too much internet..  Hurry before it's too late.

Show Image

I tell you what if we ever get fiber out here I'm going to buy a good line.
All my life the best internet I've had was 10/1 and that's just sad.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26289 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 16:28:29 »
Don't know where to start again.  There's too many tutorials for everything.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #26291 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 10:15:32 »
The thing thats on my mind is how to solve coding exercises.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #26292 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 15:32:49 »
**** you tigrex, you jumpy runny bastard

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26293 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 16:05:33 »

I tried playing monster hunter the other day.

Couldn't' get into it.  The premise for killing them didn't jive,  playing the game felt like personifying a headless murderer chopping up animals for no reason, and using their body parts to chop up other animals..

just a headscratch moment,  why are we cutting up these animals ?

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #26294 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 16:12:37 »

I tried playing monster hunter the other day.

Couldn't' get into it.  The premise for killing them didn't jive,  playing the game felt like personifying a headless murderer chopping up animals for no reason, and using their body parts to chop up other animals..

just a headscratch moment,  why are we cutting up these animals ?

Just pretend they are all evil.

Honestly I feel bad, especially when they limp. But damn if I don’t love the series. Took two different attempts to love it when I first played years ago.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26295 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 16:21:05 »

Just pretend they are all evil.

Honestly I feel bad, especially when they limp. But damn if I don’t love the series. Took two different attempts to love it when I first played years ago.

IDK, it might just be the consequence of Tp4 eating too many vegetables..

Wouldn't say Tp4 felt bad for -the digital animal- , but probably It's as you said, they didn't look EVIL enough, and the plot does not give the player any reason for being there other than Hurry Kill this thing, you signed up to Kill this thing, you already paid $60 for nonrefundable Murder Simulator.

Yet the feeling is very different in Dark souls.. Because the enemies are more Obviously monsters. If nothing else, Killing the monsters in dark souls is Helping to free the Monsters from continuing to exist as Themselves..

Monster hunter feels like,  Murder animals because they're there being animals.

Dark souls feels like, Help these suffering Monsters, by Murdering them ?

I mean, I get it,   I'm overthinking a video game.

But then the Social Justice Warrior would come in and say,  Well, the Proliferation of Violent Videogames is very much due to our warped perspective on the rights of other cultures and species, in order to ameliorate our internal dissonance for enacting pointless violence through our food choices.

Why protect puppies, but kill the cow. They're basically big dogs.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26296 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 17:15:27 »
oh dear

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26297 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 17:43:45 »
I got laid off yesterday. "Reduction in payroll/force" was the check box I had to sign off on. I haven't lost a job since 2000.

It's not so much the direct loss of job. It's the loss of the benefits that is bothering me. Finally landed with a great company with great benefits and just got the ball rolling on bettering my physical health and BAM! I'm out.

Between my final check, remaining PTO and my tax returns I have about 3.5 months to recover before I have to start dipping into my savings and other resources. I'd really like to avoid that.

At least I have extra time for games and keyboards  :D...   :-[
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26298 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 17:49:24 »
I got laid off yesterday. "Reduction in payroll/force" was the check box I had to sign off on. I haven't lost a job since 2000.

It's not so much the direct loss of job. It's the loss of the benefits that is bothering me. Finally landed with a great company with great benefits and just got the ball rolling on bettering my physical health and BAM! I'm out.

Between my final check, remaining PTO and my tax returns I have about 3.5 months to recover before I have to start dipping into my savings and other resources. I'd really like to avoid that.

If you're worried about health,  Tp4 recommend the Tp4 health plan.. comes with Free veggie chat..

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26299 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 18:04:26 »

If you're worried about health,  Tp4 recommend the Tp4 health plan.. comes with Free veggie chat..

At least tp4 from the best of my knowledge is not the smurfing type.  Pretty straight forward and to the albeit sometimes ad nauseam point.  Hope you're not out for too long, etc.