Author Topic: [IC] GMK Modern Dolch Light - GB opening on 02/02  (Read 129403 times)

Offline geewiz

Re: [IC] GMK Modern Dolch Light
« Reply #350 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 04:29:26 »
The icon mods were the final push I needed. Curse you!  :D

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #351 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 13:57:28 »
About 50 votes right now, with pretty inconclusive results (~40% V1 ~40% V2 ~40% ~20% no preference with about 5% fluctuation on a lot of em) , 50 is also a pretty small dataset compared to the original form which is +10x that so if you haven't already and are interested in the Modern kit please do vote :)

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScsVS8-fvxLPzN7jOoFZZQWMcbMtTBS-YB3BHaDDDBAuiP5Fg/viewform

Offline zakatak

• no cash
« Reply #352 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 23:04:33 »
Any plans for a deskmat?

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Offline PocketAces

« Reply #353 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 10:28:53 »
Any plans for a deskmat?

Wondering the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #354 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 10:49:24 »
Any plans for a deskmat?

Wondering the same thing.

Possibly

Offline iliketimex

« Reply #355 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 12:05:54 »
Will definitely get the Mac style icon kit if it goes live. Had no interest in the Windows kit.  :thumb:

Offline Hedgey

« Reply #356 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 10:59:07 »
I just want to reiterate that I would ask you to add the 2 keys necessary for the Minivan to the 40’s kit.  Your reasoning and rational were weak at best and I believe that you are ignoring many factors that would only help the 40’s reach MOQ when it’s time for the GB.

Thanks!
"Resellers don't kill the community, auctioneers kill the community. Look at what happened to Diablo 3"

Offline tominabox1

« Reply #357 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 12:12:50 »
Please add minivan support.

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #358 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 12:53:48 »
Here we go again.

Offline hb_swift

« Reply #359 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 12:57:54 »
I just want to reiterate that I would ask you to add the 2 keys necessary for the Minivan to the 40’s kit.  Your reasoning and rational were weak at best and I believe that you are ignoring many factors that would only help the 40’s reach MOQ when it’s time for the GB.

Thanks!

I'm a noobie. Why is everyone complaining about Honda Odysseys?

Offline TuckTuckFloof

• Smol Boards
« Reply #360 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 13:05:12 »
This is quite a wonderful set, however it has come to my attention that it lacks the essential key caps in the "Obscure" 40% kit that lacks the compatibility with my current daily driver, the Minivan. I believe that it would help sales by adding the keys necessary for it to be a compatible keyboard with this key cap set and I would very much appreciate it if minivan was supported.

Offline factoryofidols

« Reply #361 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 13:20:06 »
As an owner of 3 minivans it is very hard for me to support sets no matter how nice when they do not have compatibility for the majority of my boards. Please consider adding 1.75u backspace and 1.5u enter.

Offline cjt9000

• Beige Man
« Reply #362 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 13:34:11 »
Excuse me Mr. Janglad sir How am I supposed to use this on my 1994 Ford Windstar without a r3 1.5u enter and a 1.75u r2 backspace??? Outrageous! :mad: :mad: :mad:
B E I G E

Offline steezkeez

« Reply #363 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 13:43:30 »

Thanks!

This is quite a wonderful set, however it has come to my attention that it lacks the essential key caps in the "Obscure" 40% kit that lacks the compatibility with my current daily driver, the Minivan. I believe that it would help sales by adding the keys necessary for it to be a compatible keyboard with this key cap set and I would very much appreciate it if minivan was supported.

• The product owner/designer owes no justification nor reasoning to the consumer for any decisions they make with regards to their own product. This is purely done as a gesture to the consumer, and as a consumer, it shouldn't be expected that the product owner beckon to every request that's thrown at them.
  • If an issue regarding kit structuring has already been addressed, the designer has obviously already taken into account the viability of the request with regards to the overall MOQ risk and financial incentives of said kit. Framing your personal desires as "it will help reach MOQ" or "increase sales" is counter-intuitive. The decision was made to structure the kits in the way that they are because research into said issue justified it as the optimal approach in the eyes of the product owner.

Offline LXVRGS

« Reply #364 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 14:04:15 »
Ah **** here we go again

Offline tominabox1

« Reply #365 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 14:06:03 »

Thanks!

• The product owner/designer owes no justification nor reasoning to the consumer for any decisions they make with regards to their own product. This is purely done as a gesture to the consumer, and as a consumer, it shouldn't be expected that the product owner beckon to every request that's thrown at them.
  • If an issue regarding kit structuring has already been addressed, the designer has obviously already taken into account the viability of the request with regards to the overall MOQ risk and financial incentives of said kit. Framing your personal desires as "it will help reach MOQ" or "increase sales" is counter-intuitive. The decision was made to structure the kits in the way that they are because research into said issue justified it as the optimal approach in the eyes of the product owner.

Yes, designer may choose to make choices without sharing their reasoning.  Although it could be argued that doing so defeats the purpose of an interest check.

They asked to see proof that there was interest from Minvan owners, and we're merely expressing that interest. As this is an interest check, that is all we can do.

Offline Hedgey

« Reply #366 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 14:18:46 »

Thanks!

His "research" was just sticking to his IC form and nothing else.  Then he came into the discord server and his justification is that the board (which is the most popular 40% in staggered form) isn't being sold anymore, and therefore he shouldn't need to provide compat.  Then when challenged, his reasoning was that "I doubt many people in the community actually use the board considering the board was a kickstarter".  (His quote word for word) That is a take that just isn't true and one that spending 10 mins doing some research, he'd be able to see how many people do in fact, use the board on a daily basis.  (Not to mention how many variants are out there) 

It's HIS choice to run the see the way he sees fit, you are correct.  However as someone who likes the colorway of this set, it's frustrating to see reasoning that wasn't well researched as an excuse to not include literally 2 keys. 
"Resellers don't kill the community, auctioneers kill the community. Look at what happened to Diablo 3"

Offline magix

« Reply #367 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 14:33:45 »
Inb4 the thread gets locked.

Offline Hedgey

« Reply #368 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 14:38:35 »
Inb4 the thread gets locked.

Why?

It's civil, and healthy discussion is good for the community, especially when people are ill-informed or have misinformation.

Offline neojonathan

« Reply #369 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 15:16:07 »
Minivan always spicy

Offline KuroTheCrazy

« Reply #370 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 15:19:59 »
I'm looking to get a minivan from TKC when they start selling them in the next couple months, and MoDoL would look great on it imo. Would hate to miss out on the set just because it's missing one key.

Offline nephlock

« Reply #371 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 15:20:41 »

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #372 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 15:56:14 »
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 January 2020, 18:28:03 by roostrc0gburn »

Offline ddnomad

« Reply #373 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 18:51:39 »
Another thread falls victim to compat wars ...

Offline tominabox1

« Reply #374 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 18:52:53 »

how is asking for support in an IC a "compat war"??

Offline ddnomad

« Reply #375 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 18:55:38 »

how is asking for support in an IC a "compat war"??

Well, I remember how that end up in Olivia++ IC lol

Not that I’m saying it is good or bad, just stating the fact that it usually escalated into a full fledged compat war :D

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #376 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 18:58:19 »

Thanks!

Yes, designer may choose to make choices without sharing their reasoning.  Although it could be argued that doing so defeats the purpose of an interest check.

They asked to see proof that there was interest from Minvan owners, and we're merely expressing that interest. As this is an interest check, that is all we can do.

OP has actually listened to a lot of the feedback here.

Offline tominabox1

« Reply #377 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 19:01:01 »

[/quote]

OP has actually listened to a lot of the feedback here.

[/quote]

Good! maybe he'll change his mind then  :thumb:

Offline leexy

« Reply #378 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 19:54:38 »
filled up the form, but would like to request for R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn added to the base kit for 65% support. Thanks!

Offline PocketAces

« Reply #379 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 22:40:11 »
Aren’t minivans making a comeback of some sort?

Offline tominabox1

« Reply #380 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 22:42:36 »
TKC has purchased the IP and is in the process of bringing them back to market. Not to mention there's over 2000 known in existence in the community

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Offline PocketAces

« Reply #381 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 22:55:48 »
TKC has purchased the IP and is in the process of bringing them back to market. Not to mention there's over 2000 known in existence in the community

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
I’m new to this hobby and when I found out I couldn’t get them anymore I was sad.

Now it’s actually in the realm of possibility for me!

Offline fabryrock

Re: [IC] GMK Modern Dolch Light - GB opening on 02/02
« Reply #382 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 10:11:49 »
is it me or i cant find any render with the accent SBs? how am i supposed to buy em if i cant see them firstly?  :p

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #383 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 10:13:40 »
is it me or i cant find any render with the accent SBs? how am i supposed to buy em if i cant see them firstly?  :p

Yes you're right, this is my bad. I'm working on more renders for the GB and will definitely include some with accent spacebars!

Offline LXVRGS

« Reply #384 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 11:36:56 »
Rip alternative caps lock keys

Offline ba7777

« Reply #385 on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 22:08:17 »
elegant color!

Offline noodleman

« Reply #386 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 09:32:34 »
any pricing info available?

Offline shoteve

« Reply #387 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 12:42:24 »
any pricing info available?
*Pricing will be announced later, but pricing will be similar to GMK 9009."

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline Dakk1d

« Reply #388 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 17:54:08 »
Any dark iso enter avail in the alternate kit?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
« Reply #389 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 03:25:40 »
Any dark iso enter avail in the alternate kit?

Still hoping to see this aswell ;D

Offline dantambok

« Reply #390 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 04:36:09 »
yeet
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline geraldjubi

« Reply #391 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 20:18:23 »
WE NEEEEEEEED THE DESKMAT!!

please and thank you

Offline iliketimex

« Reply #392 on: Wed, 29 January 2020, 00:15:37 »
Looking on the groupbuy page on Dixiemech, it lists the profile as "SCULPT: 1-2-3-4-5". Is this correct?

Offline fishinaspacesuit

« Reply #393 on: Wed, 29 January 2020, 00:56:06 »
What’s the verdict on the Apple icon kits? :)

I hope they’re making it in as the kit!

Offline V0X3L

« Reply #394 on: Wed, 29 January 2020, 02:15:29 »
Looking on the groupbuy page on Dixiemech, it lists the profile as "SCULPT: 1-2-3-4-5". Is this correct?

I really hope this is 1-2-3-4 . need to clarify this point.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #395 on: Wed, 29 January 2020, 07:24:51 »

I really hope this is 1-2-3-4 . need to clarify this point.
Woops that’s definitely a mistake, this set is indeed 1-2-3-4-4!

Offline Scriba

« Reply #396 on: Thu, 30 January 2020, 09:24:19 »
Ooh also if there are any boards you'd like to see this on feel free to suggest some :)
Iron165 white please!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I would really like to see a render for the Rama Koyu "moon" (m65-b will looks the same).

Offline Kristof

« Reply #397 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 10:13:47 »
Always love to see these kits with international kits etc. Instabuy :)

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #398 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 18:20:43 »
Hey everyone!

Final kit update, think there are some crowd-pleasers in here  ;)

Alternate

Added a ISO accent enter key.

Command

Decided to keep the kit after feedback from the form.

Modern

Decided on the V2 version of the kit after feedback from the form.

Obscure

Added support for Minivan style layouts. 

We'll have more exciting updates tomorrow including final pricing and a lot of cool accessories! Probably a good idea to keep an eye on this, there'll be surprises for those who join on day one! ;) 

Offline Zacharius

« Reply #399 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 18:21:33 »
Hey everyone!

Final kit update, think there are some crowd-pleasers in here  ;)

Alternate

Show Image

Added a ISO accent enter key.

Command

Show Image

Decided to keep the kit after feedback from the form.

Modern

Show Image

Decided on the V2 version of the kit after feedback from the form.

Obscure

Show Image

Added support for Minivan style layouts. 

We'll have more exciting updates tomorrow including final pricing and a lot of cool accessories! Probably a good idea to keep an eye on this, there'll be surprises for those who join on day one! ;)
My body is ready