Poll

Would you be interested in a pink linear Zealio?

Yes
No

Author Topic: [Poll] Pink Linear Zealio interest? (Project closed)  (Read 61259 times)

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
[Poll] Pink Linear Zealio interest? (Project closed)
« on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 00:16:41 »
Would you be interested in the revival of the linear Zealios (will decide on a single weight of 62/65/67g) if they were this pink?

« Last Edit: Mon, 23 January 2017, 01:54:15 by Zeal »
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Saiph

Re: [Poll] Pink Linear Zealio interest?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 00:17:31 »
I wouldn't mind if they were pink, but is there a particular reason?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 00:17:39 »
What are the current weights of Gateron linears now? Specifically, Black and Yellow. Maybe something a bit lighter than those to differentiate them enough?

Offline scott.stamp

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 00:18:23 »
I don't really care for linears, but pink. Do it Gateron, c'mon.

Offline cmd

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 00:34:39 »
nice

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline cmd

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 00:39:14 »
I wouldn't mind if they were pink, but is there a particular reason?
> revival of linear zealios.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline juahenza

• DoSmallThingswithGreatLove
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 01:09:28 »
10/10 would buy  :thumb:
456GT | TGR Jane CE | Dolphin v2 | Whale | 360c | LZ FE | LZ IRON | TX-CP | Varmilo VA87M | HHKB P2 | IBM SSK P.1397681| IBM Industrial SSK P.1395682 | VE.A | Realforce 87u | Datamancer Streamline TKL | Datamancer Mechinist TKL | TANK v1 | RAMA M-4 | Realforce 108UW-HIPRO

Offline logomachy

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 01:15:01 »
Yes, I want linear zealios. Pink is even better.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 01:16:14 »
Interested? Sure.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 01:56:25 »
In theory yes, but if only the spring weights and the coloring of the stem and case would differ from the original Gateron I'm not sure wether or not I'd be willing to pay the full Zealio price for it. I mean my OCD did not yet reach levels that would cause me to need to match up stem colors and as long as I don't use a board with on-PCB RGB I don't see why I would choose a clear case for it. Sure a few cents for not having to do a spring swap and the custom colors would be okay for me, but if custom springs and a set of off-the-shelf Gaterons would cost me half, if not less, I'm not interested.

Side note: That's just my 2 cents, I don't want to criticise Zeal or his current Zealios switches or their (rather aggressive, but understandable since they are fully custom) pricing. I just want to share my optinion on how attractive those are, if they don't really offer any major advantages over the other options and keep the same price of the other Zealios (which do offer a major advantage over the other options).

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 02:12:46 »
In theory yes, but if only the spring weights and the coloring of the stem and case would differ from the original Gateron I'm not sure wether or not I'd be willing to pay the full Zealio price for it. I mean my OCD did not yet reach levels that would cause me to need to match up stem colors and as long as I don't use a board with on-PCB RGB I don't see why I would choose a clear case for it. Sure a few cents for not having to do a spring swap and the custom colors would be okay for me, but if custom springs and a set of off-the-shelf Gaterons would cost me half, if not less, I'm not interested.

Side note: That's just my 2 cents, I don't want to criticise Zeal or his current Zealios switches or their (rather aggressive, but understandable since they are fully custom) pricing. I just want to share my optinion on how attractive those are, if they don't really offer any major advantages over the other options and keep the same price of the other Zealios (which do offer a major advantage over the other options).

SMD RGB 60% is already designed and prototypes are being manufactured. Stay tuned, pictures will come very soon.

August will be the month of wallet hack, prepare your wallet for new products being released concurrently.

The spring weight is different from Gateron's stock offerings, and who doesn't want a pink/magenta stem? :)

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 02:23:46 »
August will be the month of wallet hack, prepare your wallet for new products being released concurrently.

May and the beginning of June already killed my wallet (twice), August will definitely be hard on me because I just cannot justify spending more money without earning any, which due to some circumstances (aka. university starts in september, which makes it basically impossible to find a job since I have no idea how much time I will have and how stressfull it will get) will be impossible for me in the next few months.
Hope there will be a Round 2 for most of the stuff I miss out on :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 04:04:44 »
Cherry MX silent pink switches found here: http://www.diatec.co.jp/products/det.php?prod_c=2270
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 13:08:01 »
Cherry MX silent pink switches found here: http://www.diatec.co.jp/products/det.php?prod_c=2270

Not really interest in those doubleshot silent switches. :/ the pink also looks funny irl. Going for a deep colour this time.

Offline graefeln

« Reply #14 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 13:48:48 »

May and the beginning of June already killed my wallet (twice), August will definitely be hard on me because I just cannot justify spending more money without earning any, which due to some circumstances (aka. university starts in september, which makes it basically impossible to find a job since I have no idea how much time I will have and how stressfull it will get) will be impossible for me in the next few months.
Hope there will be a Round 2 for most of the stuff I miss out on :)

So much this. Between the Weaven case, R3, and Skeletor; well, I am a bit spent at the moment and the summer months, when not in school, are always the hardest financially. That said, I can't wholey say I am uninterested, just that timing will play an important role...

Offline y2bd

• I'm just here for the caps
    • Twitter
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 13:59:35 »
Yeah. I want a linear in between reds and black switches.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 14:01:12 »
Gateron Yellows activate at 55g and bottom out at 65g, while Gateron Blacks also activate at 55g but bottom out at 70g. If this project goes forward and Zeal selects 65g for the spring, we would essentially have a pink stem full transparent smoother version of the Gateron Yellow switch. This is all I ever wanted and I still remember the day when I suggested you to do it on Slack. You can count me in for at least 130 switches and I know at least 2 other people who would join as well. Linear guys don't have a full clear casing option without transplating and the task gets quite exhaustive after a while. Smooth linears with clear casing is the sickest combo RGB users could ask for, the cute hot pink stem is icing on the cake.

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #17 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 14:33:26 »

If you are familiar with Zealios you should know that they come in various weights.  And yes SMD RGB LEDs are a thing, thats why cherry uses the clear switches as well
Hi :)

Offline PriusProblems

• No ISO, no interest.
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 16:10:24 »

If you are familiar with Zealios you should know that they come in various weights.  And yes SMD RGB LEDs are a thing, thats why cherry uses the clear switches as well

Zeal stated in the original post that a single weight of either 62g, 65g, or 67g will be decided upon. You could always swap the springs though (although that is what kawasaki161 wants to avoid by purchasing linear Zealios).
« Last Edit: Sat, 16 July 2016, 16:12:30 by PriusProblems »

Offline vegs

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 18:29:37 »
Yep!!
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline kundica

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 21:52:57 »
Gateron Yellows activate at 55g and bottom out at 65g, while Gateron Blacks also activate at 55g but bottom out at 70g. If this project goes forward and Zeal selects 65g for the spring, we would essentially have a pink stem full transparent smoother version of the Gateron Yellow switch. This is all I ever wanted and I still remember the day when I suggested you to do it on Slack. You can count me in for at least 130 switches and I know at least 2 other people who would join as well. Linear guys don't have a full clear casing option without transplating and the task gets quite exhaustive after a while. Smooth linears with clear casing is the sickest combo RGB users could ask for, the cute hot pink stem is icing on the cake.
I just put Gateron Yellows in an old keyboard I had on the shelf. They feel great. I'm surprised they're not more popular. I've since ordered 65g springs to swap out on some Gateron Reds I have, I suspect they'll feel like the Yellows when I'm done. Zealios would save me a bit of work. Looking forward to see how this develops.

Offline breckstar

« Reply #21 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 23:04:49 »
Would be interested if the weights were 120-150g :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 02:27:37 »

Not really interest in those doubleshot silent switches. :/ the pink also looks funny irl. Going for a deep colour this time.

Fair enough.

Just thought I'd throw it out there that there are official Cherry MX pink switches :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 03:09:56 »
I'm up for it, I was just looking for linear Zeals yesterday, when I noticed they were no more. I'm definitely interested, even more b/c I now work in a quiet office environment.
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 July 2016, 03:14:50 by William_S_Jones »

Offline Tre3Cycl3S

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 17:06:02 »
Definitely interested too! Been looking into getting a linear switch for a while now. Was seriously thinking of picking up MX/Gateron Black, but if there will be linear Zealios switches coming out very soon then I am definitely interested in jumping in, with pink stems being a cute bonus! :)
QFR           HHKB Pro-2     JD45         VE.A                    XMIT 61-Key       JD40 Mk.II                    Realforce 87U     M65-A                 Custom:Annie      NightFox      Pearl                  E6-V2 R2                          Norbaforce
MX Blue     45g Topre        MX Blue     R5 67g Zealios     50g Hall Effect     Modded Gateron Red     55g Topre           R5 78g Zealios     62g Ergo Grey     Hako True     R9 62g Zilent     Lubed Holy Trash Panda     OG Sony BKE Domes

Offline ntw

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 01:41:32 »
not pink enough. need this manly pink!!
Wishlist: Hungrkey, Creamsicle Skullthulhu, MDMAver Skullthulhu, Goo, Taka

Offline Purp

• Banned
  • the colour, not the weed
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 12:23:49 »
I'm definitely in, as I've been looking for new switches recently and tactile/clicky didn't work very well for me. Hopefully we will have 65g for this round and a pink stem plus clear case would be hella rad. I'm willing to order extras so we can reach MOQ as a group and I also hope that you release this together with the clear stabs.

Offline effectiveduck

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 08:52:40 »
Very interested! 67g would be my preference.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 16:07:53 »
My opinion: Don't just take a new colour for the hell of it. There is already white, red, yellow and black linear switches.
A new stem colour should signify a switch with easily discernible different weighting from existing switches, otherwise you will just use up a stem colour for no reason.

"62g" does not tell me much. What is the actual force curve of the switch? If the actuation force is comparable to a MX/Gateron Black but the slope is different then that could justify a new stem colour.
But if this switch feels close enough to a Cherry MX Black, then the stem should be black, otherwise you are just muddling things up.

Offline Purp

• Banned
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 18:04:52 »
My opinion: Don't just take a new colour for the hell of it. There is already white, red, yellow and black linear switches.
A new stem colour should signify a switch with easily discernible different weighting from existing switches, otherwise you will just use up a stem colour for no reason.

"62g" does not tell me much. What is the actual force curve of the switch? If the actuation force is comparable to a MX/Gateron Black but the slope is different then that could justify a new stem colour.
But if this switch feels close enough to a Cherry MX Black, then the stem should be black, otherwise you are just muddling things up.

I believe you're missing the main point, what he actually wants to do is provide us with a full clear housing linear switch. They don't exist anymore and the improved smoothness plus a new colored stem are just extra nice little features that he's pushing forward, since he's at it anyway. Why would Gateron offer new linears if we can simply swap springs? Well the answer is pretty simple; because swapping springs is a total KITC (kick in the crotch). About your question, If I'm not mistaken 62g means that the switch bottoms out at 62g and activates at about 55g (just like Yellows and Blacks), so the curve is practically the same from said linears.

Offline mrkevint

• OK.
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 18:19:43 »
I am interested in this and I will keep an eye out for its release  :thumb:.

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 22 July 2016, 10:30:12 »
Project is dead, rest in pieces. Really did try negotiating to make it happen (3x), but alas, it won't.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 22 July 2016, 10:35:35 »
Project is dead, rest in pieces. Really did try negotiating to make it happen (3x), but alas, it won't.

RIP in pieces.

Offline Purp

• Banned
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 22 July 2016, 11:49:17 »
That's a shame. :'(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #34 on: Sat, 23 July 2016, 05:40:33 »

What made this one fail, when the purple Zealios succeeded so well?

Offline juahenza

• DoSmallThingswithGreatLove
« Reply #35 on: Sat, 23 July 2016, 07:07:43 »
 :'( :'( :'( why.....this is gonna be great
456GT | TGR Jane CE | Dolphin v2 | Whale | 360c | LZ FE | LZ IRON | TX-CP | Varmilo VA87M | HHKB P2 | IBM SSK P.1397681| IBM Industrial SSK P.1395682 | VE.A | Realforce 87u | Datamancer Streamline TKL | Datamancer Mechinist TKL | TANK v1 | RAMA M-4 | Realforce 108UW-HIPRO

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 29 July 2016, 19:53:33 »

DAMMIT!!!!

Offline Aricil

« Reply #37 on: Sun, 14 August 2016, 18:35:48 »
What would make this different from the lineup gateron already offers? IE: why is this a product which is needed?
Professional amateur.

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 15:14:39 »
What would make this different from the lineup gateron already offers? IE: why is this a product which is needed?

its pink dude
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 03:43:56 »
In for 55g/62g
UNREALFORCE TKL | KMAC Happy | LSJ Ares | LZ CLS h | NIX Sofia | Noxary X60 | OTD 356 Mini | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (Black) | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | PFU Limited HHKB JP Type-S | SINGA x TGR Unikorn | TGR 60% | Weaston & nachie GSKT-00 |
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (pending shipping) | Daily driver: TGR Alice
Collection: Salamander PC, Keycult No1(OG) Salamander TKL, M60A, THE60, Jane V2, LZ MP, LZ GH V2, KC 1/60, OTD 456GT. Kepler, Think 6.5 Brass, Think 6.5 PC, T60, The Raine, F77, E7-V1 SE
Topre Realforce 87U 55g | Corsair K70 w/ MX Browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #40 on: Mon, 23 January 2017, 01:42:06 »
100/10 for 67g or 62g
I like mechanical keyboards