Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4155558 times)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #25400 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 21:41:25 »
my firetv seems to have died >:(
EDIT: and how nice of amazon it is bricked due to an update from them....way to try and sell more units  >:D

I hurd all the young people are using dat- Roku now.. !!

hmmm amazon gave me $40 credit...thinking of buying a new tv with roku built in....

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25401 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 21:44:32 »
Nextcloud error page everytime I tried to access the admin settings. Thankfully someone in an issue thread hinted at removing the OnlyOffice and Bookmarks apps. unforked. Yay logs.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #25402 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 22:12:29 »
EDIT: and how nice of amazon it is bricked due to an update from them....way to try and sell more units  >:D

hmmm amazon gave me $40 credit...thinking of buying a new tv with roku built in....

The awesome thing about roku is that it has Plex media-server support..  So if you have alot of Arrrgh-Matey material, it works really well..

The latest Roku 4K tvs and streamboxes support full bitstream 4K UHD material via plex Server.. So that's full 70-100mbit streaming.. (as long as your house's ethernet backbone can handle it. of course, need wired for 4K)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #25403 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 22:15:34 »

The awesome thing about roku is that it has Plex media-server support..  So if you have alot of Arrrgh-Matey material, it works really well..

The latest Roku 4K tvs and streamboxes support full bitstream 4K UHD material via plex Server.. So that's full 70-100mbit streaming.. (as long as your house's ethernet backbone can handle it. of course, need wired for 4K)

I dunno I've got no 4k content at the moment everything is mostly dvd (lots of these ripped to hdd) with some blurays.

Kids mostly watch netfilx anymore.

Maybe I'll just buy a roku and see if we like the interface.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25404 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 22:22:54 »

I dunno I've got no 4k content at the moment everything is mostly dvd (lots of these ripped to hdd) with some blurays.

Kids mostly watch netfilx anymore.

Maybe I'll just buy a roku and see if we like the interface.

It's the same as any stream box.. works with netflix..

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #25405 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 21:27:07 »
Harry should've hooked up with Luna instead of Ginny Weasley.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #25406 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 01:57:44 »
I have a housekeeper come in once a week and it looks like she has stolen my IBM 1987 SSK (along with Wrapped KBK and some Brocaps that were on it) worst part is she probably has absolutely no idea what it's worth and just took it because she thought it was old and I wouldn't notice  :'(  :'(

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25407 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 07:06:44 »
I have a housekeeper come in once a week and it looks like she has stolen my IBM 1987 SSK (along with Wrapped KBK and some Brocaps that were on it) worst part is she probably has absolutely no idea what it's worth and just took it because she thought it was old and I wouldn't notice  :'(  :'(

Same reason Tp4 dislike restaurants in-general.

The ideology endemic to the industry is of subservience.  This breeds discontent, class-strife and general hatred.

The persons in these service positions are paid too little and given no social-cachet.

Having someone who h8s you at a fundamental lvl clean your house or prepare your food is straight up asking for trouble..

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #25408 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 07:47:37 »
You not wrong but at the same time this type of work provides a mass be amount of jobs that are desperately needed here. Best you can do is treat these people really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #25409 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 09:33:41 »

**** is there any way you can get it back?

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #25410 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 09:38:07 »

airtree had their hhkb with kbk(s?) on it taken, and it was found when they tried to sell it

there could be hope

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #25411 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 09:39:21 »

guilty until proven innocent?

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #25412 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 09:41:23 »
**** is there any way you can get it back?

I am going to try speaking to her, have no will to get her into trouble just want it returned, we otherwise have had a good relationship. Unfortunately getting it back any other way is unlikely, no one will know what it's really worth so it's unlikely to end up for sale online.

guilty until proven innocent?
Unfortunately more than likely in this case, only person with access other than myself. If someone actually broke in, that's not what would have been taken. We have also had some other small things disappear during our time with her but none were important enough to really make a scene. For reasons TP pointed out it's also very common here. Honestly having someone who doesn't steal from you at all here is extremely rare, which is why we have overlooked the smaller items.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 September 2018, 09:45:44 by atlas3686 »

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25413 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 13:52:26 »
When you say you don't like MOBAs, and explain that you're OK with complicated game mechanics, and they recommend a less complicated MOBA. :confused:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25414 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 13:57:37 »
When you say you don't like MOBAs, and explain that you're OK with complicated game mechanics, and they recommend a less complicated MOBA. :confused:

AOV is less tedious, it's not less complicated..

Moba is as complicated as any other game.. If anything it's more complicated than any fixed RPG.. because gameplay elements in RPG are static and not dynamic.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25415 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 14:16:03 »

AOV is less tedious, it's not less complicated..

Moba is as complicated as any other game.. If anything it's more complicated than any fixed RPG.. because gameplay elements in RPG are static and not dynamic.

Nonsense. MMORPGs are as complicated as any other game that requires teamwork. MOBAs are just moar popular because they're moar fun to watch. heh

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #25416 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 14:19:24 »
Had someone bang on my car window this morning in a fit of road rage. I just ignored him and he stomped off back to his pickup truck.  :confused:
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #25417 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 16:04:04 »
I've concluded making a career shift is goddamn impossible unless you're very lucky or have inroads via networking. For 4 months I've been trying to make a move into content creation writing/editing jobs and for 4 months all I've been offered are more and more GIS and QA jobs I don't want. It's as if even with all the talent and motivation one can muster, no one will so much as give my resume the time of day.

It's to the point that I'm going to need to just take any position I'm offered regardless of how much I dislike the work and how bad it makes me feel. Doomed to waste my formative years doing something I have no heart or interest in.

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #25418 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 00:49:22 »
Actrually want to spend money on keeb, but the color combo I want on stock FC660C is $500.  Bleh.  I've bought a FC660M and will put some Tealios in it.  No, not the same as topre, but it will be nice.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #25419 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 02:13:42 »
I've concluded making a career shift is goddamn impossible unless you're very lucky or have inroads via networking. For 4 months I've been trying to make a move into content creation writing/editing jobs and for 4 months all I've been offered are more and more GIS and QA jobs I don't want. It's as if even with all the talent and motivation one can muster, no one will so much as give my resume the time of day.

It's to the point that I'm going to need to just take any position I'm offered regardless of how much I dislike the work and how bad it makes me feel. Doomed to waste my formative years doing something I have no heart or interest in.

Sorry to hear this. I have some experience in your desired area and lots of friends who do that kind of thing. The one piece of advice I can offer is get writing. Start a blog or start offering content for free to any news/reviews etc site that interests you or that will take the submissions. Not only could that turn into some networking that could turn into a position but it gives you something to refer to in your resume and when interviewing. Good luck, it's definitely not easy shifting careers.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #25420 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 21:17:39 »
im lazy
I love Elzy

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25421 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 09:25:01 »
Pickled okra.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #25423 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 10:07:42 »
Stupid things like Massdrop running a WoB at the same time OcO is running the SAME SET.  Is massdrop purposely trying to screw over a community vendor by undercutting them?  Anyways, I don't like it when the community competes against itself.

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #25424 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 13:19:44 »
Stupid things like Massdrop running a WoB at the same time OcO is running the SAME SET.  Is massdrop purposely trying to screw over a community vendor by undercutting them?  Anyways, I don't like it when the community competes against itself.

WOB is a colorway just generic enough to get away with it. If this happens again with a specific colorway it'd certainly raise my eyebrows. Its strange though because Oco has worked with Massdrop on several occasions so I would be hesitant to assume bad intentions in that way. On the other hand, I feel like most people would take 70USD over a bit of extra ISO support. Its even better pricing than non-profit community runs of a few years ago, like Barebones Stormtrooper.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #25425 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 13:43:25 »

For 3-5 years I wanted to switch from support analyst to developer (which was well known and had been rejected before). Even after I made it known I was planning on leaving the company, it took 9 months to transfer over, and the only position available was QA not dev. QA is much less stressful than support, but it's still not something I "want" to be doing. It's just comfortable enough not to change :/

Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #25426 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 17:18:21 »
Employers say they want people with experience, but how is one to get that experience if not by learning new skills. It's such a catch 22.

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #25427 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 19:09:37 »
Employers say they want people with experience, but how is one to get that experience if not by learning new skills. It's such a catch 22.

I was formally in IT as a Windows Server administrator.  Although that work can certainly be interesting, it was not interesting when technically ignorant committees told me how to administer instead of telling me what they wanted out of the systems.  At that point, I really wasn't interested in being the technical lead anymore.

One day, one of the committee members asked if there was a plan in place for introducing a new server feature.  I said no but jumped at the chance to create a project plan since I was interested in project management.  I made sure that project plan created a precedent, and henceforth, every new feature required a project plan.

In 2 years, I was made a Project Manager, and was out of the technical lead role.  I've since moved on to a new company, have had my PMP for 3 years, and am much happier with the increased responsibility.  I'm not clear if this is at all applicable to your circumstance, but finding an 'in' like I did, and cramming your body into that opportunity is how I transitioned into the role I wanted.
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 September 2018, 19:11:08 by digifiend »
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #25428 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 20:48:51 »
You lucky bastard.

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #25429 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 21:53:31 »
You lucky bastard.

There was a bit of luck in the fact I had someone ask me for a single project plan.  The rest of it was a deliberate plan on my part, and a lot of hard work (the PMP exam sux ballz).  The point I was trying to convey wasn't how *****en I am, but that often opportunities present themselves in odd ways and are ripe for exploitation when presented.

What is now bothering me is the lack of a FC660m layout plate.  Sure, there is Clueboard and KBD661 , but neither of them have a case color I want.  Sure would be nice to spec everything like is possible in 60% or TKL.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #25430 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 22:40:49 »
You misunderstood me. I was not trying to encourage you to reply. This thread is not for gloating to others about your successes. Please, with all due respect, **** off!
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 September 2018, 22:44:08 by Findecanor »

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25431 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 23:19:27 »
Yikes

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #25433 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 02:21:45 »
Well that escalated.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #25434 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 04:51:58 »
I bought a bike, nothing fancy but was hoping it would last a few months before needing upgrades.  It hasn't.

First problem - narrow saddle.  Replaced after one ride of ~30 miles

Seconds problem - no mudguards.  Found some, fought to get them fitted.

Third problem - summer/roady tyres.  I tried to find out about the rims to see if they'll work tubeless and how big the inner is but Kona who make the bike never responded.  WTB whose name appears on the wheels did reply to say no longer deal with Freedom and have no info, and that Freedom don't have wheels on their website anymore.  I gave up and bought some new wheels so I know what I'm dealing with.  Setting the old wheels aside I also bought a cassette (rear gears) and brake discs, thinking I can easily swap wheels for summer.

While struggling to remove the front wheel I disconnected the front brake cable and after reconnecting it and checking it didn't rub I rode to work with headphones on.  Headphones got locked in, and on heading home I was surprised to hear a loud rubbing noise.  Loosened the brake slightly and it went away.

As expected the gears have become inaccurate but while testing/tweaking them I found there's a grinding noise coming from near the pedals and it's not the front deraileur.  Annoyed I wheeled the bike round to the garage to put it away and pulled the front brake to stop it only to hear a loud honking sound...

I've ridden maybe 360 miles with no significant hils, can I possibly have killed a set of brake pads?  Maybe, I did ride to work with them rubbing perhaps the whole way and that ride was hard and didn't take significantly longer than usual.  But the pedals/bottom bracket?  Surely not...  Today I looked what the bottom bracket is to see how it's thought of and guess what - it doesn't exist.  I could ask Kona but what's the point.

Now I'm questioning whether a bike mechanic course will work out cheaper than trying to teach myself while breaking everything, but that won't get me to work on Monday :mad:
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline theseusanime

« Reply #25436 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 13:17:27 »

WOB is a colorway just generic enough to get away with it. If this happens again with a specific colorway it'd certainly raise my eyebrows. Its strange though because Oco has worked with Massdrop on several occasions so I would be hesitant to assume bad intentions in that way. On the other hand, I feel like most people would take 70USD over a bit of extra ISO support. Its even better pricing than non-profit community runs of a few years ago, like Barebones Stormtrooper.

Considering that massdrop probably earns about 20 usd for each set, originative is earning about 90 usd on a 169 usd set, thus doubling the price. Yeah. Thanks massrop for making us notice that.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25437 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 13:24:41 »

Considering that massdrop probably earns about 20 usd for each set, originative is earning about 90 usd on a 169 usd set, thus doubling the price. Yeah. Thanks massrop for making us notice that.

Hahahaha, ur all getting bamboozled..

The caps cost ~$3 to $8 to produce for double shot.

Offline iri

« Reply #25438 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 14:18:11 »
You misunderstood me. I was not trying to encourage you to reply. This thread is not for gloating to others about your successes. Please, with all due respect, **** off!
:-X
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #25439 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 14:23:42 »

*insert shh let people enjoy things png*

Offline theseusanime

« Reply #25440 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 14:49:44 »

Seems a bit low! That's the price of very low quality sets. If you look at enjoypbt and similar brands, they all get closer to the 100 USD price.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #25441 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 16:43:33 »

The word bamboozled belongs to internet dog memes now. Please consider using a different descriptor.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25442 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 17:09:50 »

*insert shh let people enjoy things png*

I try not to sp00k people, but they're being taken for a ride..

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #25443 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 23:57:31 »
Seiko stopped producing the SKXA35.  That is a shame, I probably would have bought one of those.

Offline theseusanime

« Reply #25444 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 04:46:01 »

The word bamboozled belongs to internet dog memes now. Please consider using a different descriptor.

I've been told right now that some months ago massdrop run a WOB GMK gb for 99 USD, that failed because originative suddenly lowered the price down to 99 usd (the originative set was available in the store without wait), and now massdrop is selling again the same set at 99, while originative is selling the same identical set fo 169. So the bad guy is originative, not massdrop.
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 September 2018, 06:20:07 by theseusanime »

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #25445 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 10:38:22 »
A wild challenger appears.

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #25446 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 18:18:48 »
It really bothers me when posters feel the need to use 36 point font to make a point.  In before onslaught of 36 point posts.

Regarding the who is the bad guy in the MD/OCo WoB set, there is no bad guy.  In this case, MD will sell more sets among value buyers, and those not wanting to support MD will bay a heavy premium or not have their GB MoQ met.  And somebody else will run another WoB GMK set in a few months.  It would be another story IMO if MD or anybody else locked up GMK as an excursive vendor.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #25447 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 18:57:11 »
It really bothers me when posters feel the need to use 36 point font to make a point.

wait, but how am i supposed to figure out who's right and wrong without that

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25448 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 19:25:18 »
ATI gpu detects TV as TV, it does not allow GPU scaling for 1920x1080 to 3840x2160.

So when using 1080p the gpu enforces 1080p output letting the TV scalar do the work.

This is bad because I have a really cheep TV with a low quality scalar..

The only option is to use resolution higher or lower than 1080p..

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #25449 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 21:24:17 »
It really bothers me when posters feel the need to use 36 point font to make a point.

wait, but how am i supposed to figure out who's right and wrong without that

Ask Tp4 for clarification, he seems unbiased and totally on point when making observations.  And Tp4, you are using a consistent font size, all is well with us brah.