Author Topic: [GB] GMK Oblivion V2 - CONCLUDED  (Read 163855 times)

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
Re: [GB] GMK Oblivion V2 - CLOSED - waiting for production
« Reply #250 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 09:41:00 »
Anyone else fall asleep and put in their order 5 min before the drop ended? :cool:

who else completely forgot having this on order and then saw a credit card charge popped up on their phone and freaked the crap out for about 5 mins? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Are you suggesting that, inside your brain, your Oblivion order fell into oblivion?  :cool:

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #251 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 10:11:59 »
Please make a round 3 of this

Offline steezkeez

« Reply #252 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 10:53:40 »

Dawg GB literally just ended yesterday

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #253 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 11:41:13 »
1.1k requests for this to come back already. Ridiculous. At least the aftermarket will be cracking for a while after these ship...I don't think prices will reach Serika or Olivia levels, due to supply.

Git mods took 58.6% of all git+regular base kit purchases, leaving regular kits at 41.4%. Guess that April Fools data was more reliable than some of us thought (58.3% git and 41.7% regular).
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #254 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 11:48:32 »
1.1k requests for this to come back already. Ridiculous. At least the aftermarket will be cracking for a while after these ship...I don't think prices will reach Serika or Olivia levels, due to supply.

Git mods took 58.6% of all git+regular base kit purchases, leaving regular kits at 41.4%. Guess that April Fools data was more reliable than some of us thought (58.3% git and 41.7% regular).
I should have picked up some extra kits for resell, especially at the stupid low price it hit

Offline vision-quest

« Reply #255 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 12:10:23 »

lol wut

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #256 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 12:47:40 »
Anyone else fall asleep and put in their order 5 min before the drop ended? :cool:

who else completely forgot having this on order and then saw a credit card charge popped up on their phone and freaked the crap out for about 5 mins? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

lmaooo I can feel the mini heart attack :-\

Offline LXVRGS

« Reply #257 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 15:45:13 »

yeah didnt have the cash for an extra base kit and a hagoromo alpha kit so hopefully wont pay too much of a premium on r/mm in october.

Offline Grindbox

« Reply #258 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 19:01:58 »
yeah didnt have the cash for an extra base kit and a hagoromo alpha kit so hopefully wont pay too much of a premium on r/mm in october.
Might be able to get it reasonably priced in a Massdrop Recap event.  They would be silly not to buy extra sets given how popular of a colourway this has proven to be.

Anyone want to sell me some of your extra Row 4 1.5u mods out of the Git Base Kit?  I'm not picky on which ones.  Bonus points if you're in Canada already.

Offline vision-quest

« Reply #259 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 19:18:50 »
September/October is going to be wild for deliveries.. Oblivion, Metropolis, Satisfaction 75, Fjell.

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #260 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 20:37:16 »
September/October is going to be wild for deliveries.. Oblivion, Metropolis, Satisfaction 75, Fjell.

Don't forget Wavez, and any number of other fulfillments. Does the E6.5 ship by then too?

$516 for everything I wanted, at current drop points. That's what I get for wanting different options in mods. X(

After all the drops, came down to $439. Saved me $77! Git + mono base, hagoromo + hagromo cadet, vim and alt function. Got all the oblivion I need, and then some (need to sell off one or two sets of oblivion grey alphas).

Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #261 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 21:01:42 »

Don't forget Wavez, and any number of other fulfillments. Does the E6.5 ship by then too?

$516 for everything I wanted, at current drop points. That's what I get for wanting different options in mods. X(

After all the drops, came down to $439. Saved me $77! Git + mono base, hagoromo + hagromo cadet, vim and alt function. Got all the oblivion I need, and then some (need to sell off one or two sets of oblivion grey alphas).

The E6.5 was originally planned to be shipped out early this month, but I'm not sure where E's timeline for that is at now. Also damn, I thought I went hard with Oblivion V2 (GIT base, Oblivion Cadet, & Hagoromo Cadet alphas $219 total), but you guys got me trumped LOL! :eek: Not that I blame you though, if I had the extra cash I would've grabbed at least the regular base kit & Hagoromo alphas as well. Love this colorway/theme! :thumb:

« Last Edit: Fri, 28 June 2019, 21:03:13 by Rob27shred »

Offline thelaughingman

• Simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealist and t
« Reply #262 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 21:55:35 »
Are you suggesting that, inside your brain, your Oblivion order fell into oblivion?  :cool:

hahaha nice one mate! make complete sense now  :thumb:

lmaooo I can feel the mini heart attack :-\

to add I was at work, just hope my boss didn't notice my confused+panicking+horror facial expression then  :p

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #263 on: Sat, 29 June 2019, 17:47:42 »
Great run, surprised to see monochrome sold so few compared to git & regular. (319, 1179 and 1668)

Uuuuuuhhh... humour this ignorant buffoon for a minute. What is the average number of base kits sold in a normal GB nowadays? Would some, any, GB for GMK NAMEGOESHERE be considered a success if it sold 319 base kits (besides the optional stuff)?

Offline Fezznat

« Reply #264 on: Sat, 29 June 2019, 19:45:45 »
Uuuuuuhhh... humour this ignorant buffoon for a minute. What is the average number of base kits sold in a normal GB nowadays? Would some, any, GB for GMK NAMEGOESHERE be considered a success if it sold 319 base kits (besides the optional stuff)?
I believe the point is not so much that "I can't believe it didn't sell well", but more "I'm surprised that it didn't sell even close to the number of sets that the other bases did." This buy sold some crazy numbers and I think we can all agree on that

Offline Esheu2

« Reply #265 on: Sun, 30 June 2019, 03:02:11 »
Great run, surprised to see monochrome sold so few compared to git & regular. (319, 1179 and 1668)

A lot of the time, reaching the MOQ of 150 or 250 is considered "good". Sets that sell more than 500 base kits seem to be labelled as "successful". With this taken into account, the monochrome kit did pretty well by itself. It's only when taken relative to the git and regular base kits does it seem lackluster.
Disclaimer: I'm not basing this on any hard data, but rather from what I've seen across a number of keycap gb's.
Ojou

Offline siijunn

« Reply #266 on: Mon, 01 July 2019, 01:39:34 »
Might be able to get it reasonably priced in a Massdrop Recap event.  They would be silly not to buy extra sets given how popular of a colourway this has proven to be.

Anyone want to sell me some of your extra Row 4 1.5u mods out of the Git Base Kit?  I'm not picky on which ones.  Bonus points if you're in Canada already.

I might be. Check back in a few months. I'll just send them to you.

Offline siijunn

« Reply #267 on: Mon, 01 July 2019, 01:46:50 »

Really wish I could have afforded to snag monochrome/white alphas as well but unfortunately, my wallet couldn't take any more pressure :P

Congrats on the drop- this is such a good kit! My first GB cap set and really looking forward to October. I have HPs waiting to be built to go into a new build for these. Now I just need to figure out PCB/kit I'm gonna be able to get before October, which obviously means I'll probably need to go resell. Who wants to sell me a heavily discounted Fjell for absolutely no reason. :D (Grey only plz- it is my birthday present I'm allowed to be picky)

Offline Double_D

Re: [GB] GMK Oblivion V2 - 115$ Git Base - 110$ Regular Base
« Reply #268 on: Thu, 04 July 2019, 17:50:16 »
zFrontier just placed their order, I thought they did already lol

Regular Base Kit, Oblivion Cadet, Hagoromo Cadet and Oblivion International hit lower pricing, now Assembly Base Kit is at 236/250 and likely to be cut 10$ too

Show Image

Any chance for another price drop if Hagoromo hits 1k?

Any chance for another price drop for Git base reaching 1.5k?

Next price drop would've been at 2k. I'll call GMK in the morning though as I have another idea, possibly. We'll see, no promises atm.
Any news on this "idea" Oblotzky?

Offline dk4one

« Reply #269 on: Thu, 04 July 2019, 22:01:39 »
Glad I went in hard on Monochrome. Such a clean and classic set. Definitely will be another sleeper set like GMK Bone  :p

Offline vision-quest

« Reply #270 on: Mon, 07 October 2019, 15:41:37 »
Any update on this?

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #271 on: Mon, 07 October 2019, 15:44:45 »
Any update on this?
Drop released an update on Aug 27th saying that a realistic delivery date is late November.

here is their wording:
We have an update on your Drop + Oblotzky GMK Oblivion Keycap Set. Production is underway and while we’re excited to ship the final product to you soon, unfortunately, we’re tracking behind our original estimated ship date and now expect to begin shipping in late November due to a bit of backup at the factory.
We apologize for the delay. If you’d prefer not to wait the additional time, you can cancel your order on your transactions page: https://drop.com/transactions.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out. We look forward to you receiving and enjoying your keycaps in the coming months.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #272 on: Mon, 07 October 2019, 15:47:32 »
Any update on this?

None, shipping remains scheduled for 'End of November'

Offline vision-quest

« Reply #273 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 03:39:34 »
Any update on this?

None, shipping remains scheduled for 'End of November'

Thanks

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #274 on: Thu, 24 October 2019, 22:25:45 »
Mail day

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #275 on: Thu, 24 October 2019, 22:39:45 »
Was yours in a box big enough for nearly both of your fists? I thought it was gonna be a whole SA set at first...

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #276 on: Thu, 24 October 2019, 23:26:51 »
Was yours in a box big enough for nearly both of your fists? I thought it was gonna be a whole SA set at first...
yeah it was unnecessarily yuge

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #277 on: Fri, 25 October 2019, 01:23:32 »
ooh mine should be here in a few days :D

Offline HandiHanyut

• pika, pikaaa doet
« Reply #278 on: Fri, 25 October 2019, 04:00:51 »
hope end of the year, the package arrived
Soon™ |TGR Jane V2CE | TX75 | Realforce RGB | KBDLite67 | Elis Acrylic Keyboard | UTD360C

Offline Mr.Elli0t

« Reply #279 on: Fri, 25 October 2019, 13:03:18 »
I'm a little confused, are people getting there orders already? I received a notification from Drop a while back that the drop delivery was pushed back towards end of November....  :confused:

« Reply #280 on: Fri, 25 October 2019, 13:05:50 »
Just the Rama cap. I got the Jamon Rama caps about a month before too.

Offline Mr.Elli0t

« Reply #281 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 10:03:06 »
Just the Rama cap. I got the Jamon Rama caps about a month before too.

Oh that makes sense. I regret not getting the RAMA now  :-[

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
Re: [GB] GMK Oblivion V2 - CLOSED - In Production
« Reply #282 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 17:10:34 »
are the greys in this set GMK stock colors? N9 (like gmk nines)?

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #283 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 17:22:40 »

The only stock color is the Hagoromo white, which is CP. Everything else is custom. Modifier gray is identical to GMK Carbon.

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #284 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 17:28:17 »

The only stock color is the Hagoromo white, which is CP. Everything else is custom. Modifier gray is identical to GMK Carbon.

Thanks for the swift answer!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #285 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 18:27:01 »

Here's my understanding: Signature Plastics made the first round of Oblivion (SA profile), and GMK made the second and third rounds.  The first round was 100% SP's standard colors.  GMK V1 switched two colors to GMK standards, matching SP colors for the rest.  For GMK V2, one of those was switched back to SP's.

« Reply #286 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 20:41:30 »
Dvorcol that’s amazing. Thank you.

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #287 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 23:48:17 »

Here's my understanding: Signature Plastics made the first round of Oblivion (SA profile), and GMK made the second and third rounds.  The first round was 100% SP's standard colors.  GMK V1 switched two colors to GMK standards, matching SP colors for the rest.  For GMK V2, one of those was switched back to SP's.

Show Image

Wow man! Thanks for that

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #288 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 03:14:01 »

Show Image

Almost correct, while the design for SP SA began earlier than GMK V1's, GMK got run and produced first. At the time, the SA and Massdrop queue were simply overbooked so SA took 1 year and 8 months from design to shipping.

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #289 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 07:42:47 »
Got my Rama cap today, is awesome :D

Offline Andalus

« Reply #290 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 17:19:20 »
Got my Rama cap today, is awesome :D

Got mine too.  ;D

RAMA's anodization is flawless and the resin inlay is absolutely perfect. Can't wait to pair it with one of the M65-Bs I have on order.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #291 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 00:33:21 »

Show Image

Almost correct, while the design for SP SA began earlier than GMK V1's, GMK got run and produced first. At the time, the SA and Massdrop queue were simply overbooked so SA took 1 year and 8 months from design to shipping.

So SA’s GB opened & closed before GMK V1’s opened, but GMK V1 keycaps were delivered before SA keycaps, correct?
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 November 2019, 00:36:00 by dvorcol »

Offline Knoxx

• Spends too much on keyboards
« Reply #292 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 02:55:17 »
Are we still on track for late November delivery?

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #293 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 13:51:21 »

More like shipping. Delivery date will depend on where you live. But, in essence, yes.

Offline mimalik

« Reply #294 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 14:12:48 »

Show Image

So......Oblivion SA R2 delivery will be much shorter than R1  :cool: :cool: :cool:?

Offline Preußens Gloria

« Reply #295 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 19:15:14 »

More like shipping. Delivery date will depend on where you live. But, in essence, yes.

Where are these shipping from?

Offline dantambok

« Reply #296 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 19:56:02 »

Where are these shipping from?

They''ll be shipped from the US - i think  :))
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline PocketAces

« Reply #297 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 07:25:55 »
Yo, I’m late to this party it seems, but if anyone wants to sell me their spacekeys Kit, or even just the CP white spacebars from that kit, shoot me a DM!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CodeMayhem

« Reply #298 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 11:05:07 »
Yo, I’m late to this party it seems, but if anyone wants to sell me their spacekeys Kit, or even just the CP white spacebars from that kit, shoot me a DM!

joining olivia i see.

Offline PocketAces

« Reply #299 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 12:32:05 »

joining olivia i see.
Correct my good sir. And very likely getting a Kendo.