Author Topic: [Collection Sell-Off] IBM Keyboard Collection [Model F's Model M's Beam Springs]  (Read 4509 times)

Offline 127001

I've been presented an unique opportunity so I'm selling off my entire collection.

Ebay sale:

http://www.ebay.com/usr/austin127001

I'll be adding stuff throughout the next few days. I can probably do international shipping but buyers need to be willing to accept all risks associated (I'm not paying for insurance on international shipments as I don't have time to go through that process).

I'm aware of the high price of the kishsaver so we don't really need to go into that here.  :p

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
That's quite a collection!

I hope the opportunity works out well for you :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline 127001

Added a modified F 122 that has an M topcase along with teensy.

Offline 127001

Added some Model M's

Offline 127001

The F AT and German Beam Spring Sold this morning. They're going pretty fast.

I MAY put up my SSK but I kind of bought it at peak market and it seems pretty low right now. Also I'm currently using it.

Offline 127001

Added an M13

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
The F AT and German Beam Spring Sold this morning. They're going pretty fast.

I MAY put up my SSK but I kind of bought it at peak market and it seems pretty low right now. Also I'm currently using it.

I would gladly take that ssk assuming it's at a reasonable price
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline 127001

I'll consider it, I know it would be up for less than the $300 I paid for it.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
The only problem is that you would have to ship that to Canada.
I would pay the $50 that it would cost, but I don't know if you would do that.

Offline 127001

I've shipped a couple internationally now.
Here's the deal:
I purchase one keyboard from germany. It cost me about $80 to have it shipped to the US. It took 5 & 1/2 months to arrive. When it did arrive the box was torn apart entirely ( I assume customs). It was only by a miracle that the keyboard arrived in perfect shape.

My conditions are:
1. I'm not buying insurance because I don't have time to wait for that to complete.
2. If the keyboard arrives destroyed or is lost thats all there is to it. The sale is final and there will be no refund
3. The buy has to pay for the cost of shipping and packaging.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
It's only from the US to Canada which is practically a hop, skip, and a jump. I am entirely fine with all of your conditions as I have had keyboards shipped internationally from the US before.

Offline 127001

Added 2 IBM Model M 122 Keys

Offline scubaste

Put that SSK up.  :p

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
Put that SSK up.  :p

I call dibs  :p

I am amazed at the prices. Inflation is accelerating.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline 127001

Had extra space in the shipping boxes of the following two auctions so I've added an extra mystery item to each:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-Keyboard-Model-F-Parts-/161448751346?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161450552165?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

(hint, they both have 122 keys)