Author Topic: Wyse 160 terminal keybord adapter  (Read 3175 times)

Offline rodnet

Wyse 160 terminal keybord adapter
« on: Thu, 26 July 2018, 19:35:36 »
Hello, i have seen projects to adapt Wyse keyboards to be used modern computers. I was wondering if anyone knows about a project to convert a USB or PS2 keyboard into the the Wyse protocol? I have a WYSE 160 terminal with no keyboard, i found replacement online for 65$ but if i can make an Arduno adapt a newer keyboard i can build it out of parts i already have. i assume that if there is code already to convert  Wyse to newer formats then going the other direction cant be to much work.

I found a github project that does this for a wyse60 the question is are the protocols the same. /bryanc806/WyseBoard is the project.

so just to restate what im trying to do   MODERN USB/PS2 KEYBORD -----> arduino (if nessary)  ------->wyse160 terminal. 

looking at the terminal it has a what looks like RJ11 jack, so 4 wires 1 Data, 2 +5V, 3 Clock, 4 GND.

if anyone knows if this already exist or is familiar with the wyse terminals any input would be help full .

Offline Tactile

Re: Wyse 160 terminal keybord adapter
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 13 August 2018, 12:39:27 »
Wyse 60 & 160 are same protocol according to this fellow. The same keyboard will work with both according to these folks.
REΛLFORCE

Offline johnh

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 10:25:02 »
Rodnet,

Did you ever find an adapter to do this? I am in the same boat with a Wyse 150 and no keyboard but would like to use PS2 or USB keyboard.

John

Offline rodnet

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 05:00:56 »
not as of yet, that said after trying to find a cheap option on ebay, not very good options there. i have renewed interest. i will post the code if i do make a working solution.