Author Topic: #GETREKT  (Read 780646 times)

Offline 3Love

• Bumpino Supremo
  • I want to become a great collector. Greedy!!!
    • https://geekhack.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=j6r0folj8phck6uvm0kli1bgiv8b63gb&topic=63161.0
Re: #GETREKT
« Reply #200 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 21:13:48 »
GO GO GO
I♥Keyboard  I♥Clack  I♥Brobot  I♥Hammer
                          I♥♥♥friends 
【WTB/WTTF】https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63161.0

KBD Collection: 356CL, 356.2, 356DGE, Koala, 356MINI, 356N, 356N-MK2, 356PAD, 360C, 456GT, FMJ, LZ-MXSE, LZ-RE, KMAC 1.0, KPAD, Duck Orion, Duck Pad, Exo, TEX and etc.

Offline NexVestrum

« Reply #201 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 21:20:14 »

If I just allow this person to taunt, mock and copy my work with impunity, it sends the message that I won't do anything to protect my intellectual property. I think I have sent the right message, in that I wont tolerate it at all.

Basically:

It starts as sending messages but before you know it you're implanting bombs in peoples bellies, I worry for you Bro.

But seriously, this is great news. Congrats! Now please excuse me while I go cry that I wont be getting a Beatdown BroBot.

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #202 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 21:46:28 »
Reddit is fine, it is actually where I come from. Although DT is my most favorite site, r/mk has some really nice eye candy.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #203 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 21:50:29 »

r/mk has some really nice eye candy.

All those pokers and qfrs with sneakers are almost irresistible.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #204 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 22:46:07 »
I don't have a problem with r/mk per se, except for the fact that it seems to be a safe haven for people who bash Geekhack for no reason and douchebag k3kc apologists.

Once in a while, you can actually find something interesting there that isn't simply a link back to GH.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #205 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 22:48:25 »

I never got the sneaker thing. What do those mean when they take sneakers by their KB?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #206 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 22:48:54 »
I don't have a problem with r/mk per se, except for the fact that it seems to be a safe haven for people who bash Geekhack for no reason and douchebag k3kc apologists.

Once in a while, you can actually find something interesting there that isn't simply a link back to GH.

I feel the same way, but apparently that's not a popular opinion over there.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #207 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 22:57:39 »

Ripster will never admit to any propaganda or bull****, hopefully he'll go nuclear and disappear or slowly fade away.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #208 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 00:10:33 »

The more I go on reddit for anything, the more sad I become.  Its become a cesspool for idiocy.  The new youtube or news outlet comments =/
Hi :)

Offline tbc

« Reply #209 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 00:44:05 »

The more I go on reddit for anything, the more sad I become.  Its become a cesspool for idiocy.  The new youtube or news outlet comments =/

anywhere you can +1 anonymously without needing to read is going to be a ****hole.
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Kinaesthetic

« Reply #210 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 01:51:16 »
Posting animosity towards one group will just keep up the hate between the two groups. I came from Reddit. And I enjoy BOTH websites. I've read and heard of all the drama that happened between GH and Ripster+crew.

....WHO CARES?

In all honesty, the some of the people bashing Reddit over here are no worse than the people on Reddit bashing GH over there. It is incredibly immature.

And as someone who spends far more time on Reddit than here, it really makes me not want to participate here on GH because of your deplorable attitude in lumping up everyone with an incredibly small group of antagonistic people. Comments like what Spamray make honestly drive users away from here. Way to make people not feel welcome.

Honestly disgusting attitude from some people. Makes me wonder why I joined.
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 March 2015, 02:00:28 by Kinaesthetic »

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #211 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 01:57:41 »
Comments like what Spamray make honestly drive users away from here. Way to make people not feel welcome.

Man if you're getting that bent out of shape over a comment about sneakers (which is dead on to be honest) then maybe you should get off the internet for a while.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #212 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 01:58:33 »
lumping up everyone with an incredibly small group of antagonistic people

That pretty much sums up what you just did.

There are good and bad eggs in both communities.  Accept it and move on, or add to your ignore list.

Offline Kinaesthetic

« Reply #213 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 01:59:53 »
Comments like what Spamray make honestly drive users away from here. Way to make people not feel welcome.

Man if you're getting that bent out of shape over a comment about sneakers (which is dead on to be honest) then maybe you should get off the internet for a while.

I'm not getting bent out of shape over that comment. I'm ticked at the miserable attitude of some users here towards a group of users who like and enjoy both websites fully for what they offer in content. The words and actions of a few people are not indicative of an entire group. And he in particular was lumping everyone together.

lumping up everyone with an incredibly small group of antagonistic people

That pretty much sums up what you just did.

There are good and bad eggs in both communities.  Accept it and move on, or add to your ignore list.

That was my bad in wording what I said. I modified my post to reflect my true intentions. I had no intent in lumping every user here on GH as a group. I was referring to the few users here that did and are doing what I was talking about.
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 March 2015, 02:02:13 by Kinaesthetic »

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #214 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 02:00:03 »
Posting animosity towards one group will just keep up the hate between the two groups. I came from Reddit. And I enjoy BOTH websites. I've read and heard of all the drama that happened between GH and Ripster+crew.

....WHO CARES?

In all honesty, the people bashing Reddit over here are no worse than the people on Reddit bashing GH over there. It is incredibly immature.

And as someone who spends far more time on Reddit than here, it really makes me not want to participate here on GH because of your deplorable attitude in lumping up everyone with an incredibly small group of antagonistic people. Comments like what Spamray make honestly drive users away from here. Way to make people not feel welcome.

Which comment?  I saw a few jokes, and a few comments that actually say what you just said.  You may want to go through and read again.

There is a point to be brought up when idiocy or complete ignorance is involved with bashing or with information.  On both sides. 
Hi :)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #215 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 02:21:04 »
 :-*
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 March 2015, 11:23:51 by baldgye »

Offline moptimus

« Reply #216 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 03:29:12 »

And everyone here is so level headed about reddit?

Nothing but two monkeys throwing **** at each other.

Filco TKL Brown| Dox Clear| Poker II Brown| QFR Red| Ducky Zero Blue Dolch| Ducky 9087G2 Black

Offline psyEDk

« Reply #217 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 04:36:36 »

I never got the sneaker thing. What do those mean when they take sneakers by their KB?

Some people have a theory that switch and keyboard size preference correlates with shoe fashion preference. It sounds weird but honestly 60% of the time it works every time.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #218 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 05:45:39 »

Please be more specific I make a LOT of comments.

I think anyone who has ever taken the time to get to know me knows I'm about community and I always try and help people new or old.

I'm not always nice but I am usually sarcastic and that doesn't always translate in text.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #219 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 05:49:26 »

I think anyone who has ever taken the time to get to know me knows I'm about community and I always try and help people new or old.

I'm not always nice but I am usually sarcastic and that doesn't always translate in text.
If it matters to you reading that really annoyed me too, you're always really welcoming of new people here.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #220 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 06:07:02 »

anywhere you can +1 anonymously without needing to read is going to be a ****hole.
This checks out!
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #221 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 11:16:37 »
Wow, I missed a lot of discussion in this thread.

Note to new users from reddit: Yes quite a few of our members have strong opinions (myself included) but they almost always know more information on the "argument" with ripster than you do. Those members are also outstanding members of the community who make sure that new folks feel welcome and get to enjoy this awesome community. Please try to inform yourself on a situation before forming a strong opinion. I'm not saying that you shouldn't voice your opinion but being uninformed on a subject and spouting incorrect information can make you seem like an ass.

Back on topic

Hope your situation improves Bro!
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #222 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 11:20:18 »
Enough of the reddit vs gh bull**** already. Plenty of that to be had in r/mechripster's sub.

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #223 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 11:23:37 »
Enough of the reddit vs gh bull**** already. Plenty of that to be had in r/mechripster's sub.

bro <3

Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #224 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 11:31:17 »

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
« Reply #225 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 11:39:11 »

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
« Reply #226 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 11:40:15 »

bro <3

Show Image

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #227 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 12:08:49 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Is that good ole Vlad blushing ha second good laugh of the morning . Bro please erase(or only break it out in situations of extreme nature... Yes its that bad) that Seth rogan gif with his shirt off blowing a kiss or what ever he's doing that straight gave me nightmares the other night  :'(
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #228 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 12:20:50 »

bro <3

Show Image

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #229 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 12:21:31 »

bro <3

Show Image

Show Image

Is that Hoffman the early years?

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #230 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 12:23:43 »

bro <3

Show Image

Show Image

not tall enough  :))

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #231 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 12:37:16 »

bro <3

Show Image

Show Image

Man, just watching that gif made me uncomfortable, so much awkwardness.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #232 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 13:30:15 »

bro <3

Show Image

Show Image

:-X

not tall enough  :))

:-X

:))

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #233 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 16:06:54 »

Understatement :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline nasby99

« Reply #234 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 18:01:18 »
What I have currently
356CL(Black,Gun-metal), 356L, 356.2, 356DGE,356N MK2, 356MINI v1(military,red) 356MINI v2(red) 360c(apple silver,hyper blue),Koala,Cheat..
G81-3000SAV, G81-3100SAV,G81-3004SAT,G81-3000SAT,G81-3000SPBUS,G80-3000HAV,G80-2100HDU...

What I want to get now
Nothing atm

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #235 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 18:20:21 »
Damn the v2 just look marvelous. I'd gladly take one! :D

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #236 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 18:29:06 »
First you mustvtask yourself on finding the winners.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #237 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 18:31:53 »

What do you mean?

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #238 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 18:33:39 »
To get one if those

Offline pesky brat

« Reply #239 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 18:59:28 »

What do you mean?

Only two were made, and they were both auctioned off, ending at about $800 each.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #240 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 20:16:46 »
DAT 1 OF 1 TOPRE THO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :-X

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #241 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 05:02:12 »

What do you mean?

Only two were made, and they were both auctioned off, ending at about $800 each.
Oh wow. Damn almost one minimum French wage for key cap ... I love Bro but that's way too much for what I can afford.

I thought the auction was for the rainbow v2 and textured Fn.

Edit: oh OK I didn't know this was in order to help Bro. I'm glad people were able to help him out.
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 March 2015, 05:08:38 by Ngt »

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #242 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 03:42:59 »
Oh wow, work has kept me so busy lately, I have been missing out. Congrats to the auction winners! That one of one Topre!!

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #243 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 07:24:15 »
I thought the big players preferred MX more?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #244 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 09:11:56 »
I thought the big players preferred MX more?

The real big players swing both ways.

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #245 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 09:32:24 »
The real big players swing both ways.

If that's not sexy I don't know what is.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around