Author Topic: Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless and USA Distribution  (Read 62847 times)

Offline Bruce

• http://www.keyboardco.com
Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless and USA Distribution
« on: Wed, 23 February 2011, 16:33:01 »
The FR4 PCB is an option that I was offered by Filco for my 88TKL models. It is only used on these right now. It made sense for me to do this because there was some re-design going on anyway. I cannot say when it will be made available on other models but customer feedback will play a role.
It does have distinct advantages, mainly better feel and durability. It is similar to those used by Topre, I am told. All European 88TKL models use this board, those that I flew in early as well.
Incidentally - the feel thing is also why Filco stick with lighter keytops, any more robust keytops tended to detract from the feel of the keyboard, many were tried and are still being tried but none have yet been found that don’t compromise the typing experience which Filco hold sacred above all else. A decision has been made to stay with the existing keytop until or unless a more durable replacement is found that does not compromise feel.

I have been specifically requested by Diatec Management to convey to you all that they are 100% committed to providing the best possible service to Filco customers - wherever they may be.
The situation with EK happened suddenly. Majestouch did a great job, was uniquely suited to the situation and will be a hard act to follow, I think we can all agree on that. We owe him our gratitude, and I know him as a gentleman.
But things didn’t work out and we are where we are. Filco did not plan for this to happen and did not have a Plan B with regards to USA distribution. Companies are approaching them for distribution rights but they need time to be sure of any new partnership and are anxious not to jump from frying pan to fire.
The Keyboard Company will be partnering Diatec to address the situation and there will be news within weeks about Filco availability in USA. Please be patient, this is closer than you think. But I can say no more for now.

In the meantime, we are supporting USA customers from here in the UK quite successfully and are more than happy to ship accross the pond. It all works on http://www.keyboardco.com and your credit card or Paypal will be gratefully accepted.
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 February 2011, 16:57:16 by Bruce »

Offline manfaux

« Reply #1 on: Wed, 23 February 2011, 17:01:25 »
Majestouch 2 in ANSI layout will eventually come right?

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 23 February 2011, 17:26:46 »
Quote from: ripster;299986

So it sounds like KL's reports on Filco's death are greatly exaggerated.

I think YOU exaggerated them. I never said anything about Filco dying. I said I think they're scaling back. And I still do.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 23 February 2011, 17:45:36 »
I believe the Unicomp mini will come out first.

Offline phillip

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 23 February 2011, 17:52:38 »
Hooray :D

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 23 February 2011, 17:55:12 »
Good flick I'm guessing?

Offline Bruce

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 05:29:23 »
Take a look at this on Amazon

Offline phillip

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 07:42:50 »
Awesome :D

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 07:45:10 »
Congrats on the Amazon deal.  That'll be awesome.

Offline Bruce

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 09:03:08 »
This is the first batch you're seeing, there are more en route including some 'R' eal goodies.

Offline jsvd

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 10:26:13 »
Europe wants some love too! Can't wait for a tenkeyless brown w/us layout :)

Well..can't, but have to :)

PS: clears would be nice too

Offline jsvd

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 10:49:14 »
I like the fact that they all have (grew?) beards :D

Offline Bruce

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 10:49:31 »
Hi jsvd

They arrived!
Tenkeyless-Browns-USA

Offline Bruce

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 10:50:13 »
What is a Unix beard?

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 12:17:58 »
Quote from: Bruce;302213
Hi jsvd

They arrived!
Tenkeyless-Browns-USA

Are these the Majestouch 2s with the new PCB and all that?

Offline manfaux

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 12:53:41 »
Quote from: itlnstln;302278
Are these the Majestouch 2s with the new PCB and all that?

don't think so, it's still FKBN87M/EB, same as before, from the looks of the new ISO Majestouch 2's the model number for the ANSI's should be something like
FKBN87M/EB2

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 12:54:30 »
That's what I thought.  Damn.

Offline Kelsin

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 15:27:16 »
Ouch, looks like right now the tenkeyless comes out to a lot (around $150) with the pounds->dollar conversion. Can someone remind me if that's normal or if I should hold off a bit for US distribution? $187 for the keyboard (including shipping) is a bit more than I was ready to spend at the moment unfortunately.

(Edited for clarity)
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 February 2011, 15:30:20 by Kelsin »

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 15:30:08 »
$150 is going to be about what it will cost through Amazon if the 104s are any indication.  With free shipping from Amazon, it's about what you would have paid through Elitekeyboards.  It's about as good as it's going to get.

Offline digitalleftovers

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 16:05:35 »
Quote from: itlnstln;302376
$150 is going to be about what it will cost through Amazon if the 104s are any indication.  With free shipping from Amazon, it's about what you would have paid through Elitekeyboards.  It's about as good as it's going to get.

I fell like that is after the price hike that took place last fall.  I recall the filco NKRO boards were about $132 on EK (that is what I paid for my 104) and were raised $10 dollars, shortly before going out of stock.  I feel like the 10key-less were in the 120 range back then
Keyboards:
Filco 104 MX Brown (Otaku) - FKBN104M/NPEK 黒い空
Ducky TKL MX Brown/Blue 80% (White) - 1087-F 白の空
KBC Poker MX Red with PBT Key Caps - PFCN6000

"Consumers use touch screens.  Producers use keyboards."

Offline Bruce

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 16:30:34 »
Thanks Ripster.

The reds are only available as per the Diatec website.
But those models will be stocked in Europe and on Amazon USA.

We chose Amazon because it was the best way we could conceive to provide the sort of service we want to achieve in USA. Amazon are known to provide high service levels and we are using their experience and capacity to move the goods while I will be available should there be any issues - and to maintain contact. We pay them to fulfil our orders, the Buck still stops with me. We felt this might be beneficial because you will have an extra layer of support.
In Europe we work to the ‘Distance Selling Directive’ which gives all EU citizens very high levels of protection when buying online. I am not certain of the norm in USA but we will use this as the basis and Amazon already work to these levels.
There is a little cost added but Amazon are very efficient and nobody packs boxes for free - there is some saving too. Exactly how efficient it is remains to be seen.

Offline digitalleftovers

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 16:31:12 »
Quote from: ripster;302391
Added Amazon links to the WW Shopping Guide Wiki and sticky.

The other way to think of it is for only $5 more you get a spiffy blue Limited Edition model.

And, if something goes wrong, you don't have to pay return international shipping!  That alone should keep people from buying the 104 from pchome or armygroup...
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 February 2011, 16:45:46 by digitalleftovers »
Keyboards:
Filco 104 MX Brown (Otaku) - FKBN104M/NPEK 黒い空
Ducky TKL MX Brown/Blue 80% (White) - 1087-F 白の空
KBC Poker MX Red with PBT Key Caps - PFCN6000

"Consumers use touch screens.  Producers use keyboards."

Offline Kelsin

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 20:16:10 »
Quote from: Bruce;302399
Thanks Ripster.

The reds are only available as per the Diatec website.
But those models will be stocked in Europe and on Amazon USA.

We chose Amazon because it was the best way we could conceive to provide the sort of service we want to achieve in USA. Amazon are known to provide high service levels and we are using their experience and capacity to move the goods while I will be available should there be any issues - and to maintain contact. We pay them to fulfil our orders, the Buck still stops with me. We felt this might be beneficial because you will have an extra layer of support.
In Europe we work to the ‘Distance Selling Directive’ which gives all EU citizens very high levels of protection when buying online. I am not certain of the norm in USA but we will use this as the basis and Amazon already work to these levels.
There is a little cost added but Amazon are very efficient and nobody packs boxes for free - there is some saving too. Exactly how efficient it is remains to be seen.

I honestly couldn't pay the $187 total today, but if the tenkeyless brown were to be added to the amazon selection I would definitely buy one immediately.

Offline Armando Penblade

• http://thegeekery.org
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 20:53:28 »
Anyone know if these will feature the extra colored keys (red escape and differently colored WASD)?
Filco Majestouch 104-US, Metallic Blue, with Chery MX Blues  //  Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000, 104-US + Media Keys & Browser Controls  //  iRocks RF-6570 Cordless 104-US, 2.4GHz Wireless, White  //  SteelSeries 6Gv2 104-US, Black, with Cherry MX Blacks

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 21:04:53 »
I don't think so. That's an armygroup thing.

Offline Armando Penblade

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 22:27:59 »
Also, anyone know if KBCo does the same sort of "pre-sorting" that EK used to do for Filcos? Presumably their quality is better now that EK whipped 'em into shape for so long, but if I could avoid bouncing a keyboard back and forth with Amazon to ensure my $150 is well-spent, that would be awesome.
Filco Majestouch 104-US, Metallic Blue, with Chery MX Blues  //  Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000, 104-US + Media Keys & Browser Controls  //  iRocks RF-6570 Cordless 104-US, 2.4GHz Wireless, White  //  SteelSeries 6Gv2 104-US, Black, with Cherry MX Blacks

Offline neo

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 28 February 2011, 23:16:37 »
Quote from: Armando Penblade;302551
Also, anyone know if KBCo does the same sort of "pre-sorting" that EK used to do for Filcos? Presumably their quality is better now that EK whipped 'em into shape for so long, but if I could avoid bouncing a keyboard back and forth with Amazon to ensure my $150 is well-spent, that would be awesome.

They probably ship them directly from Taiwan to US.

Offline jsvd

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 01 March 2011, 03:33:02 »
So..the US layout is still a Majestouch 1, but the German/French, etc are majestouch 2? Since the price is the same, is there a big difference?

Offline ironman31

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 01 March 2011, 06:37:36 »
Quote from: jsvd;302609
So..the US layout is still a Majestouch 1, but the German/French, etc are majestouch 2? Since the price is the same, is there a big difference?

I would think the difference is enough to warrant a high price point than the majestouch 1. So you could think about it either as your're getting a good deal on the m2 or overpaying for the m1.. That's what I'm thinking.
Keyboards:
IBM Model M Space Saving Keyboard (Used), HHKB Pro 2 (White, Lettered), Realforce 87U all-45g in White, Filco Majestouch 2 TKL with Cherry MX Browns, Model F PC/ATNoppoo Choc Mini (MX Browns), Model F XT, IBM Model M 1397735 (bought NIB), (2) Siig Minitouch (GHSS) one with XM, one with complicated ALPs (modded),2 Dell AT101W, Cherry G80-11900HRMUS (modded with MX browns)

Pointing Devices:
Logitech G500, Evoluent VerticalMouse 3, Logitech G5, CST 2545W, Microsoft IntelliMouse Trackball, Logitech M570, Logitech MX revolution

Offline British

« Reply #29 on: Tue, 01 March 2011, 09:32:39 »
Quote from: Bruce;302121
This is the first batch you're seeing, there are more en route including some 'R' eal goodies.

Any ETA on those specific "goodies" (at least for Europe :whistle:) ?

Offline Kelsin

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 02 March 2011, 19:50:41 »
Tenkeyless brown bought from amazon! Thanks!

Offline kozarrat

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 02 March 2011, 22:08:10 »
Quote from: Armando Penblade;302522
Anyone know if these will feature the extra colored keys (red escape and differently colored WASD)?

I received mine (104-key Black keyboard w/ brown switches) today. No extra key is included.

Offline Armando Penblade

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 02 March 2011, 22:09:09 »
That's super sad. . . guess I have to give EK my extra money for that stuff, then!

Well, I did get the limited edition, so maybe? I'll know tomorrow.

Offline Kelsin

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 02 March 2011, 22:29:55 »
Quote from: Armando Penblade;303922
That's super sad. . . guess I have to give EK my extra money for that stuff, then!

Well, I did get the limited edition, so maybe? I'll know tomorrow.

Yeah after ordering my tenkeyless I immediately bought the blue wasd, red esc and blank window keys from Elite to make it match my 104.

Offline zaerst

« Reply #34 on: Sat, 12 March 2011, 16:23:06 »
My tenkeyless Red came with red wasd

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #35 on: Sat, 12 March 2011, 17:16:22 »
Quote from: zaerst;310698
My tenkeyless Red came with red wasd

Same here.  Mine also came with a Filco key puller but no red Esc key.
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline victheslik

« Reply #36 on: Sat, 12 March 2011, 17:23:06 »
-
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 November 2023, 22:28:47 by victheslik »
"The only antidote to mental suffering is physical pain. " Karl Marx
A wiseman once said, "If Bible proves the existence of God, then comic books prove the existence of Superheros."

Offline Bruce

« Reply #37 on: Mon, 14 March 2011, 14:59:01 »
Did someone put a notice up for me? How do you do that? I would answer but I don't know where it came from - help! I am interested.

About the escape and wasd keys. We ship what comes in the box, so usually no extras. Diatec put the wasd and a puller in with Majestouch R. So it is only the R models that will have anything extra in there.
Sorry for any confusion.

Offline PostalWorker

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 15 March 2011, 19:16:06 »
Any idea when the 104 reds will become available?  Been checking amazon for awhile now but still listed as currently unavailable.
Boldly going forward, \'cause I can\'t find reverse!

Offline stereotada

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 15 March 2011, 20:19:04 »
Im in the same boat as you. I check amazon like 5 times a day but to no avail.

I emailed bruce from keyboardco a couple days ago and he told me that amazon should be putting up the last batch of 104 reds anytime now. That was 3 days ago though so it might be up by the end of the week or the beginning of the next.

also noted was that it would be up for 2-3 weeks after which there won't be anymore unless they produce more reds in the future.

Really can't wait for these goodies.

Offline Huntor0

« Reply #40 on: Tue, 15 March 2011, 21:58:23 »
Same here I check several times a day for the 104 reds on Amazon and received the same answer from Bruce last week.
Majestouch-2  Linear R MX-Red / Topre Realforce 103U-UW / XArmor U9BL-S MX-Brown / Deck Fire 82 MX- Black / TG3 BLT82 (Blood guard removed) MX- Black / Model M 42h1292 19JAN96 / Model M 1391401 23MAR93

Offline Bruce

« Reply #41 on: Wed, 16 March 2011, 07:38:53 »
Hi Guys.

Red Switch 104 are at Amazon right now but we're not certain how long until they have them listed. We are expecting them to go live any day.

Offline Lpb45

« Reply #42 on: Wed, 16 March 2011, 10:33:29 »
Hi Bruce,

Do you know when Amazon will refill their stock of Majestouch 2 tenkeyless Linear R w/ reds.  They have 8 left in stock now and I cannot buy until friday
Topre - 86U   |   Filco - Tenkeyless Linear Red
Filco - Tenkeyless Blue       |   Filco - Fullsize Non NKRO Blue (Work)

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 16 March 2011, 11:44:30 »
Quote from: Lpb45;312683
Hi Bruce,

Do you know when Amazon will refill their stock of Majestouch 2 tenkeyless Linear R w/ reds.  They have 8 left in stock now and I cannot buy until friday

I think the chance of them selling out is quite slim, but who knows.
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline PostalWorker

« Reply #44 on: Wed, 16 March 2011, 12:31:37 »
Quote from: Bruce;312601
Hi Guys.

Red Switch 104 are at Amazon right now but we're not certain how long until they have them listed. We are expecting them to go live any day.

Thanks for the update. :biggrin1:

Offline stereotada

« Reply #45 on: Wed, 16 March 2011, 13:29:05 »
Quote from: noodles256;312709
I think the chance of them selling out is quite slim, but who knows.

actually they may very well be gone by friday.

on monday they only had around 20 left
tuesday, they only had 14 left
and now its down to 5, so it is going pretty fast.

might even be out by the end of the day.

Offline Bruce

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 16 March 2011, 15:15:56 »
Lpb45, I think you need to get in there about now.
Drop me an email if you miss them, we have some in Europe too and I wouldn't want to disappoint.
They are getting snapped up like hot cakes.

Offline Lpb45

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 16 March 2011, 15:53:51 »
ya they are all gone, they had 14 left this morning.

I am going to try and get one on the forums here, I may shoot you an email Bruce.

Offline Bruce

« Reply #48 on: Wed, 16 March 2011, 17:51:07 »
I'll save you one.

Offline Maverick

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 17 March 2011, 14:43:08 »
Looks like the Filco stock at Amazon has been completely depleted. How much stock will Amazon have when the Filco Majestouch 2 104 Reds are listed?

Offline panda-R

« Reply #50 on: Thu, 17 March 2011, 15:47:33 »
Quote from: Maverick;313427
Looks like the Filco stock at Amazon has been completely depleted. How much stock will Amazon have when the Filco Majestouch 2 104 Reds are listed?

it's a secret and you shouldn't waste your first post with such boring messages.
DO YOU FEEL THE BEAT? I DO.
One Keyboard to DOOM them all, REALFORCE.

Offline Huntor0

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 18 March 2011, 07:53:07 »
Quote from: Bruce;312601
Hi Guys.

They are up on the Amazon site this morning and one will be in my hands Monday.

Link:
http://www.amazon.com/Majestouch-2-NKR-104-ASCII-Switch/dp/B004OX4HWG/ref=sr_1_9?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1299609676&sr=1-9
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 March 2011, 07:56:21 by Huntor0 »
Majestouch-2  Linear R MX-Red / Topre Realforce 103U-UW / XArmor U9BL-S MX-Brown / Deck Fire 82 MX- Black / TG3 BLT82 (Blood guard removed) MX- Black / Model M 42h1292 19JAN96 / Model M 1391401 23MAR93

Offline panda-R

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 18 March 2011, 11:06:38 »
BRUCE, when will we get majestouch 2's in BLUE CHERRIES? I wants!!!

Offline panda-R

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 18 March 2011, 11:58:33 »
Quote from: kalrykh;313963
Not like you'll feel or see a difference between a 1 and 2 for blues.  Why wait?

i don't buy keyboards to feel or see a difference. I buy them for the sake of buying them and then to sell them at a loss afterwards.

besides i had a version 1 already.

Offline PostalWorker

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 18 March 2011, 12:17:38 »
Just ordered up a 104 red, I wonder how long the stock will last.

Offline panda-R

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 18 March 2011, 12:39:12 »
Quote from: ripster;313981
I thought that worked out especially well with the Duckys.  OCN Nooobs Bwahahahahaha!

Quack Quack, I'm a duck.

Offline Bruce

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 18 March 2011, 15:50:23 »
Hi
TBH I'm not very sure when we'll have Blues in a 104 Majestouch2.
I can check it out next week though.

Offline BababooeyHTJ

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 19 March 2011, 20:17:15 »
Any eta on a tenkeyless with cherry browns??

Offline Eric5676

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 20 March 2011, 12:40:57 »
I had thanked Bruce over an email but I wanted to thank him and the Keyboard Company publicly for a lot of us here in the States for working out that setup with Amazon. :)

Offline K5Doom

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 20 March 2011, 21:34:03 »
Is there a way to get Amazon to also ship to Canada?

Offline Armando Penblade

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 20 March 2011, 21:43:11 »
It is pretty awesome of them. I am absolutely adoring my fullsized Filco with MX Blues and I really, *really* want to buy the 2KRO fullsize with Browns when it's back in stock for work. $150's too rich for me to shell out again for a work keyboard, but $120 for a quiet fullsize sounds just right. I'd get a cheaper tenkeyless elsewhere, but A) I really need a numpad for my work and B) I like supporting TKC!

Offline Maverick

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 21 March 2011, 01:31:37 »
Quote from: K5Doom;315063
Is there a way to get Amazon to also ship to Canada?

Add the item to your cart via Amazon.com (US site) and go through the checkout process. You should have no problems placing your order, I do it all the time on Amazon.co.jp when importing Japanese Blu-rays. Your account login details should be universally accepted on all of Amazons sites.

Offline panda-R

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 21 March 2011, 11:30:29 »
Quote from: Maverick;315121
Add the item to your cart via Amazon.com (US site) and go through the checkout process. You should have no problems placing your order, I do it all the time on Amazon.co.jp when importing Japanese Blu-rays. Your account login details should be universally accepted on all of Amazons sites.

Thanks for the info but sometimes are marked non export so regardless of your checkout process it won't ship outside of the U.S.A.

Offline pcunite

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 21 March 2011, 18:53:15 »
When will the FKBN87ML/EB model be updated to the 2 version? This is the Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless Black MX switch version for USA.

Offline RiGS

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 21 March 2011, 19:23:35 »
The only difference is the pcb material, and the dark logo. Genereration 1 should be fine.

Here's what sixty said about it.
Feels pretty much the same to me as the Filco generation 1... only difference I really noticed with this type of PCB is that its much harder to desolder and seems to even require a higher wattage iron.
Last edited by RiGS; Jan 2011

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 21 March 2011, 20:11:16 »

Offline panda-R

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 21 March 2011, 21:19:12 »
Quote from: RiGS;315548
The only difference is the pcb material, and the dark logo. Genereration 1 should be fine.

Here's what sixty said about it.

I thought the dark logo was only for the limited edition Reds. That would spoil my plans to sell my DARK FILCO logo for 1 million pesos to an unsuspecting noobcake at OCN.

Offline Maverick

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 21 March 2011, 22:27:50 »
Quote from: panda-R;315250
Thanks for the info but sometimes are marked non export so regardless of your checkout process it won't ship outside of the U.S.A.

Are the Filco's on Amazon.com marked non export? Maybe Bruce would know??? K5Doom should give it a shot and see if it lets him place the order.

Offline Bruce

« Reply #68 on: Tue, 22 March 2011, 16:29:28 »
Hi Guys

Thanks for all your support. Supplying Filco to the USA has been a pleasure so far and we are working to improve all the time.

Canada is on my mind, I feel awful that we can't include you, it was a surprise when I realised, but the truth is Technology products are on a list of items they won't ship from Amazon USA. I expect it is a deal they did with one of the big tech firms who wanted to maintain channel control and avoid grey markets. Just a guess though. The carriage cost to Canada from http://www.keyboardco.com is being reviewed tomorrow.

We have got down to just the 104 Majestouch R on our listing right now but en route we have Tenkeyless with Browns, Blues and Blacks and full size with Browns (NKRO I think - i'm doing this from memory) and a small amount of the Electric Blue, but I don't remember which switch. That's all Mark1 Variety.  That should arrive in the next week or two.

I really appreciate all feedback.

Offline panda-R

« Reply #69 on: Tue, 22 March 2011, 16:59:50 »
If you're crafty you can get amazon usa products into canada and save yourself a butt load of money in the process!

Offline Mazora

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 23 March 2011, 08:26:32 »
How would you do that?

Quote from: panda-R;316237
If you're crafty you can get amazon usa products into canada and save yourself a butt load of money in the process!
HHKB Pro 2: black case white keys
Filco Masjestouch v2 / MX-Reds / hard lending pads /Dye-sub keycaps
RF-87UW

Offline phillip

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 23 March 2011, 09:00:14 »
Quote from: Bruce;316214
Hi Guys

Thanks for all your support. Supplying Filco to the USA has been a pleasure so far and we are working to improve all the time.

Offline panda-R

« Reply #72 on: Wed, 23 March 2011, 09:15:17 »
Quote from: Mazora;316662
How would you do that?

have someone in the U.S.A. send it to you or go pick it up in the U.S.A. :P

Offline Eric5676

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 23 March 2011, 09:42:36 »
It says "fulfillment by Amazon" which means Amazon U.S. has them physically in stock so it's like a "normal" Amazon transaction. :)

Quote from: Bruce;316214

We thank YOU.

Offline Mazora

« Reply #74 on: Wed, 23 March 2011, 09:57:31 »
.XL was kind enough to do that for me
HHKB Pro 2: black case white keys
Filco Masjestouch v2 / MX-Reds / hard lending pads /Dye-sub keycaps
RF-87UW

Offline .XL

• http://www.paokfc.gr/
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 23 March 2011, 22:14:47 »
Quote from: Mazora;316713
.XL was kind enough to do that for me

And now I can't find a tenkeyless red filco anywhere! GAHHH I want one so bad!!
Keyboards: Filco Majestouch-2 87key Browns - Realforce 103UB 55g - Compaq MX11800 (ghetto clears + doubleshots)

Offline Lpb45

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 28 March 2011, 14:40:55 »
Best bet is to eithor buy one from KBC or the chinese lettered one from Armygroup and put a set of the round 3 double shots on it.  That is if they ever ship.

Offline Maverick

« Reply #77 on: Tue, 29 March 2011, 04:46:36 »
Quote from: .XL;317358
And now I can't find a tenkeyless red filco anywhere! GAHHH I want one so bad!!

They've been restocked on Amazon for a few days now. I haven't checked today, but there still should be some available.

Offline Bruce

« Reply #78 on: Tue, 29 March 2011, 10:09:41 »
Hi Guys

Tenkeyless with Reds is now only available on our UK site but the good news is shipping to USA and Canada is now £15.

Bruce

Offline MrSneis

« Reply #79 on: Tue, 29 March 2011, 10:41:50 »
Bruce, are you going to be supplying amazon with more tenkeyless reds?
Filco Tenkeyless Brown | Filco Tenkeyless-2 Blue | Leopold Tenkeyless Blue

Offline guilleguillaume

« Reply #80 on: Tue, 29 March 2011, 14:01:41 »
Quote from: Bruce;320664
Hi Guys

Tenkeyless with Reds is now only available on our UK site but the good news is shipping to USA and Canada is now £15.

Bruce

That shipping price is AMAZING. EliteKeyboards should try to do the same....paying 50$ for shipping is insaneely expensive plus possibles Custom taxes.

Offline javifast

« Reply #81 on: Tue, 29 March 2011, 14:40:49 »
Quote from: guilleguillaume;320832
That shipping price is AMAZING. EliteKeyboards should try to do the same....paying 50$ for shipping is insaneely expensive plus possibles Custom taxes.

Yes, very, very good price.
Too many keyboards....

Offline kachaffeous

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 30 March 2011, 13:32:44 »
Do you think a white filco (case) will ever land at amazon?  Really want to do a white case w/ black keys.

Offline Bruce

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 30 March 2011, 15:41:22 »
Hi Ripster.
Credit where credit is due. Helen, my new Customer Service Manager sorted out the carriage using her existing contacts. Or maybe she spiked the rep...

Kachaffeous. I can't say when we'll see a new batch of Whites. They are a 'limited edition' so a batch gets made every now and again. Got them on http://www.keyboardco.com though.

Offline .XL

• http://www.paokfc.gr/
« Reply #84 on: Wed, 30 March 2011, 22:16:00 »
Bruce:

I'm assuming by what you said that they will not be seen on Amazon again?

BTW - I'm typing on a white filco tenkeyless right now, and I've seen quite a few around. Are they really limited edition, or is that just a marketing gimmick? I feel like limited edition filcos are anything but...
Keyboards: Filco Majestouch-2 87key Browns - Realforce 103UB 55g - Compaq MX11800 (ghetto clears + doubleshots)

Offline wanabe

« Reply #85 on: Wed, 30 March 2011, 23:48:26 »
maybe that's why he called it 'limited edition' (with quotes).

either way, I would love to see them on amazon because I want one

Offline cmr

« Reply #86 on: Fri, 01 April 2011, 00:39:16 »
My order to the US (the US layout Filco 104-key with brown switches and the metallic blue case) arrived rapidly and I am highly satisfied. Thanks!

Offline Engine

« Reply #87 on: Fri, 01 April 2011, 20:13:27 »
I am interested in your site but have no clue on currency exchange and to international shopping in general.  Also, I would like to know how I can tell if I'm able to get a "US" ready board?  Really, what do I have to know to shop your site???  I'm a newbie and don't know what to even ask.  I don't know ansi from iso from joe blow when it comes to international shopping.
In order of purchase:
Unicomp Space Saver(Black) - Topre Realforce 103U-UW -   Topre Realforce 103UB - Leopold Tenkeyless MX Blue - Leopold Tenkeyless MX Brown - Filco Majestouch 2 MX Blue - Filco Majestouch 2 MX Brown

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #88 on: Fri, 01 April 2011, 20:41:47 »
Engine,  market level currency exchange can be calculated at http://www.xe.com.  This is generally within a few dollars of Paypal exchange after fees.  The Filco's all say "USA" toward the end of the short item description, Topre looks the opposite where UK is marked, and US isn't.  However all KBC's items have matching images.  Look at the pic and you'll know if it's the layout you want.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline Engine

« Reply #89 on: Fri, 01 April 2011, 22:38:32 »
Will apurchase work automatically w/my cc or pp?
Thanks for the info too.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 April 2011, 01:55:00 by Engine »
In order of purchase:
Unicomp Space Saver(Black) - Topre Realforce 103U-UW -   Topre Realforce 103UB - Leopold Tenkeyless MX Blue - Leopold Tenkeyless MX Brown - Filco Majestouch 2 MX Blue - Filco Majestouch 2 MX Brown

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #90 on: Sat, 02 April 2011, 09:51:02 »
KBC accepts paypal and I recommend them over using your CC since in my experience you get *****d by the fees CC companies charge for exchange.  There's no difference in method of payment, pp handles the juggling for you.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT

Offline Engine

« Reply #91 on: Sat, 02 April 2011, 13:58:07 »
I have a Cap One card but can I just use it and not need to hastle with any other details, like exchange/conversion, etc etc?  Just use it?  Sorry for the dumb questions but am a totol noob on this whole concept.

I may consider PP too.  I have a reason to have an acct for the first time in my life.  On that topic, I would just tie my bank acct to it and "just use it" too and again, no hastle on the details?
Thanks.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 April 2011, 14:07:33 by Engine »
In order of purchase:

Offline Engine

« Reply #92 on: Sat, 02 April 2011, 14:26:12 »
Thanks!  I do prefer using a cc. I'm going to look for this "45g" uniform Topre that RiGS has been talking about that KBC is supposed to offer someday and also "custom" Filcos.
I'm going to look into PP too though to compare but I think you need the cash on the barrrel though.  Could be a problem w/mulit-purchases, hence the cc!

Edit:
I had deleted my last question on whether KBC was using the "Pound" or Euro, since I had looked up the online converter posted here and dug around a bit to find the answer.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 April 2011, 15:28:26 by Engine »
In order of purchase:

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #93 on: Sat, 02 April 2011, 15:15:59 »
That silly looking L (£ - thank you copy/paste) is the British Pound.  (GBP on XE.com)
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT

Offline RiGS

« Reply #94 on: Tue, 05 April 2011, 10:54:19 »
Bruce, are you going to stock the new FKBN87ML/EW2 on http://www.keyboardco.com/ ?

Offline Bruce

« Reply #95 on: Tue, 05 April 2011, 14:33:16 »
Hiya RiGS

I don't know about this, you've got me!
Where have you seen it? Judging by the number we're talking Tenkeyless, USA, Black switch in White body Majestouch 2. Sweet.
If any of those come my way I will certainly grab some and make them available.

Offline Lpb45

« Reply #96 on: Tue, 05 April 2011, 14:36:23 »
How about a white bodied tenkeyless blue or brown switch board?  you guys have those?  black switches are for masochists like RiGS

Offline kolbenito

« Reply #97 on: Wed, 06 April 2011, 12:16:21 »
Opening my Filco Tenkeyless Red I bought from the Keyboard Co on April 4th, just got here not 5 minutes ago in Idaho.

Honestly I have had Amazon Prime shipments take longer, just blown away by the good service and fast shipping.

To Bruce and the other folks at KBC, Thanks!

Offline Bruce

« Reply #98 on: Wed, 06 April 2011, 13:37:02 »
Thanks Kolbenito,, Enjoy.

You guys know we have these don't you?
http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard_search.asp?SG=10028

Offline RiGS

« Reply #99 on: Wed, 06 April 2011, 14:29:19 »
Quote from: Bruce;325156
Hiya RiGS

I don't know about this, you've got me!
Where have you seen it? Judging by the number we're talking Tenkeyless, USA, Black switch in White body Majestouch 2. Sweet.
If any of those come my way I will certainly grab some and make them available.

Well, that's good news!

I have only seen the FKBN87MR/EW2 with reds on http://www.diatec.co.jp/en/det.php?prod_c=749

Despite the product code of FKBN87ML/EW, it seems to me that this is the new majestouch 2 linear black from
http://www.filcochina.com/Products.asp?Bigclassname=ProductsTenkeyless&productname=FKBN87MLEW
Can you confirm this?

Do these have this sticker under the feet of the keyboard?
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 April 2011, 17:13:29 by RiGS »

Offline Chobopants

« Reply #100 on: Wed, 06 April 2011, 15:15:09 »
That keyboard is so sexy I want it in a bad way.
Realforce 87UW 45g - Filco Blue 87 - Filco Linear R - Filco Brown 104

Offline Bruce

« Reply #101 on: Fri, 08 April 2011, 14:05:58 »
That is a good looking Filco!
I don't know much about it, but I will find out.
If it were Majestouch 2 it would have 2 on the part number I am pretty sure of that.
I am currently using an FKBN87ML/EW and that has the same pads on the feet. Lovely Keyboard...

Offline nocturn4l3030

« Reply #102 on: Thu, 21 April 2011, 19:44:00 »
Hi, posted in the other thread, but this is probably the more appropriate thread to post.  You said in the other thread that you have some stock coming in a couple days.. I was just curious if you'll have any tenkeyless in this stock.  And if so, if you'll have browns and reds in them?  Or you might as well say what you're getting because some people are curious too.  thanks
What happens when you discover GeekHack:
[strike]Black Ducky dk1087 Cherry (Brown)
Topre Realforce 103UB 55g
Topre Realforce 103UB
Cherry G80-8113HRBUS-2 (Clear)
White PLU ML-87 (Blue)
1990 IBM Model M 1391401
Cherry G80-3000LSCEU-0 (Blue)
[/strike]

Cherry G80-3600LYCEU-2 (Red)
Topre Realforce 86UB
Filco Tenkeyless (Brown)

[/SIZE]

Offline Gfresh404

« Reply #103 on: Thu, 21 April 2011, 20:15:23 »
Quote from: Bruce;325717
Thanks Kolbenito,, Enjoy.

You guys know we have these don't you?
http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard_search.asp?SG=10028

I'd bite if you had any in Cherry MX Blue.

Any chance of getting any of those anytime soon?

Offline RiGS

« Reply #104 on: Wed, 27 April 2011, 14:48:41 »
Bruce, any news on that Filco?

Offline Chobopants

« Reply #105 on: Wed, 27 April 2011, 16:59:10 »
If an MX Blue comes in that white color I will buy it SO fast.

(Or if you get a tenkeyless blue up on Amazon, have trouble justifying another 200+ for another board...though I may just do it anyway) :x
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 April 2011, 17:04:58 by Chobopants »

Offline godofdeath

« Reply #106 on: Wed, 27 April 2011, 19:40:29 »
if you get a white full sized with nkro blue or brown i'll bite

Offline turtleslikejohn

« Reply #107 on: Wed, 27 April 2011, 23:14:47 »
Tenkeyless... *drools*

Offline Bruce

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 28 April 2011, 05:30:30 »
Hi
I don't think we'll be getting any pure white for a bit as there are other things being worked on.
I'll keep pushing it though.

Offline jsvd

« Reply #109 on: Thu, 05 May 2011, 05:44:51 »
Why can't I buy a MJ-2 blue us layout from the keyboard co?

Why you wont you take my money??? WHY??

Offline godofdeath

« Reply #110 on: Thu, 05 May 2011, 19:52:31 »
i think you should go get some white nkro boards people will gobble them up

Offline kektr0city

« Reply #111 on: Thu, 05 May 2011, 22:16:48 »
gotta thank you for the new board, bruce.  i wanted the tenkeyless red when they first went up, but i had already ordered a leopold.  second go round, i couldn't resist.  just got mine today, and, i must say, i'm already addicted to the cloud of boobs.

Offline Chobopants

« Reply #112 on: Fri, 06 May 2011, 20:49:22 »
Reds my fave! I retract previous comment. Want white with blacks like shown. :)

Offline Wallach

« Reply #113 on: Sat, 07 May 2011, 03:36:32 »
I'm definitely interested to hear when those Majestouch 2 "Ninja" boards make their way up to Amazon for US distribution. I just bought a Majestouch 2 tenkeyless from you guys through Amazon but I can't help but like those front-printed keys.

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
« Reply #114 on: Tue, 24 May 2011, 02:35:23 »
Bruce, will you have more tenkeyless Filco with red switches available on Amazon soon?  Thanks.

Offline whsper

« Reply #115 on: Tue, 24 May 2011, 05:18:26 »
semi thread-jack... any chance for more full size red switches as well?  Maybe on amazon.ca?  Canadians get no luck =(

Offline Bruce

« Reply #116 on: Tue, 24 May 2011, 14:13:41 »
Wow, it looks like a bit of an update is in order.

Electric Blue. These are a limited edition which means they may well be around again but I don't know anything for certain. I do know the Filco dance card is quite full so I suspect it won't be this summer.

Red Switch. There seem to be remaining supply problems with the Red Switch itself but rumour is this will ease soon and availability will improve.
I was never certain why there was a problem anyway - so I am not the best person to say - but I know we will get more when we can. We have a few left in the UK but it was not enough to merit sending to Amazon.

Ninja. These are making their way, stealthily, towards you right now. Should be no more than 2 weeks.

Amazon.CA. This is a bit of a frustration. It now seems that CA are not geared up to do the job for us that Amazon.com do so it is not happening. If you're in Canada I do urge you to order from http://www.keyboardco.com - Our shipping is really good now and we are pleased to help if we can.

Thanks for all your support

Offline oddsratio

« Reply #117 on: Wed, 25 May 2011, 00:13:19 »
Any word on when you will be restocking the blue switches on amazon?

Offline ironman31

« Reply #118 on: Sat, 18 June 2011, 23:29:35 »
Are any non-Ninja tenkeyless keyboards coming over?
Keyboards:
IBM Model M Space Saving Keyboard (Used), HHKB Pro 2 (White, Lettered), Realforce 87U all-45g in White, Filco Majestouch 2 TKL with Cherry MX Browns, Model F PC/ATNoppoo Choc Mini (MX Browns), Model F XT, IBM Model M 1397735 (bought NIB), (2) Siig Minitouch (GHSS) one with XM, one with complicated ALPs (modded),2 Dell AT101W, Cherry G80-11900HRMUS (modded with MX browns)

Pointing Devices:
Logitech G500, Evoluent VerticalMouse 3, Logitech G5, CST 2545W, Microsoft IntelliMouse Trackball, Logitech M570, Logitech MX revolution

Offline dreamingftw

« Reply #119 on: Fri, 24 June 2011, 01:46:33 »
Yes, still waiting for the tenkeyless reds to be in stock. I got that page bookmarked. Any ETA on it?

Offline Waterdr1nker

« Reply #120 on: Tue, 05 July 2011, 15:40:45 »
Bruce, have you been getting a lot of Filco returns lately? I ordered a tenkeyless Ninja with browns and there was definitely some ping going on with every key. I just wanted to know if a lot of people were experiencing this, because, from what I noticed, it seems that it's mostly people getting their boards from Amazon that are experiencing this issue.
[Use] Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Blue . Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless Blue . KBT Race 75% Red
[Sold] Filco Majestouch NINJA Tenkeyless Brown . Leopold FC200R Tenkeyless Blue

Offline SecrtAgentMan

« Reply #121 on: Tue, 05 July 2011, 17:48:11 »
I was about to return my MJ2 TKL w/ reds, but me and bruce didn't want to chance getting a keyboard that pinged again.

I decided to keep it but I really wish Diatec would actually do something about it and not just tell me to f**k off.

Offline ironman31

« Reply #122 on: Tue, 05 July 2011, 20:23:01 »
I actually might buy one just to hear the ping.
Keyboards:

Pointing Devices:

Offline Bruce

« Reply #123 on: Thu, 07 July 2011, 04:37:21 »
Hi Secretagent and waterdrinker.

Yes, Filco Majestouch make a bit of noise.
Some people have found it annoying. We have had three or four people contact us about it, one of whom had a refund. We’re not offering replacements because we feel it is in the nature of the product, and as such cannot promise a quieter one upon exchange.
I’m not sure what Amazon USA have been hearing about it but overall return rates are about normal. There have been no complaints at all from Diatec’s other markets.
On the whole Majestouch 2 return rates are very low.

Those of you who know the history will be aware that from day one Diatec aimed to make the best keyboard for typing. One of the main aims for Majestouch 2 was improved feel and response. My engineering and my acoustics knowledge are limited but it seems this was achieved with the new PCB and some improvement to how the steel plate is used making everything tighter. Now it would follow that as keyboards act like little drums that this has had some effect on the noise qualities and resonance.
Cherry MX switches make a very small noise that is quite well described as a ping. You can hear this if you hold a single switch next to your ear and press. I can’t tell you what is going on in there but it would be something to do with the mechanism bouncing back to it’s ‘rest’ position. It is quite different with different presses, if you press right down and just let go it is loudest.
There may be some small variance in this from switch to switch I really don’t know and I am not sure that would be relevant.
So we’ve got this little noise and this drum type box and Bingo! Or Pingo!

I don’t want to dismiss anybodies concerns as unimportant and Diatec would never either. We are both concerned for all our customers needs, but at the same time, we have decided it is a symptom of the great features of the keyboard and we are relaxed about it in that sense.  We would never sell a Majestouch as a quiet keyboard and if we had to warranty noise levels we would be out of business pretty quick I guess.

A keyboard mat does help and some desks do serve to further amplify the noise.

Offline Fawley

« Reply #124 on: Fri, 08 July 2011, 12:20:06 »
Bruce . . . Can you tell us if/when the ordinary (non-ninja) majestouch 2 tenkeylesses browns will be back in stock on amazon?  Thanks.
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 July 2011, 12:46:27 by Fawley »

Offline Fawley

« Reply #125 on: Fri, 08 July 2011, 12:38:52 »
Browns, that is.

Offline Bruce

« Reply #126 on: Fri, 08 July 2011, 14:20:20 »
Hi Fawley.

Welcome to Geekhack.

We have a shipment on the way right now which should be on Amazon on about 2 weeks.

Offline ElEveNapm

« Reply #127 on: Tue, 19 July 2011, 22:40:49 »
Im look for red tenkeyless too
Any information about then they will be in stock?

Offline Bruce

« Reply #128 on: Thu, 21 July 2011, 11:21:23 »
Hi Dante
Good idea. We did look at this when we were trying to keep as many languages as we could without holding so much stock but the way things work at the factory does not seem conducive. We were told then it is not practical and would not save any cost.

Offline ironman31

« Reply #129 on: Thu, 21 July 2011, 19:06:31 »
Was it ever figured out why the Add to cart button does not show up on the Amazon page? I'm having that problem at the moment.

Edit: Just saw the wish list trick
Keyboards:

Pointing Devices:

Offline Waterdr1nker

« Reply #130 on: Fri, 22 July 2011, 20:09:27 »
If anyone's having trouble with the cart on Amazon, there is another way other than the wishlist trick and that is to use the Amazon app on iOS or Android, which is what I did.

Just thought I'd but that out there. =)
[Use] Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Blue . Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless Blue . KBT Race 75% Red
[Sold] Filco Majestouch NINJA Tenkeyless Brown . Leopold FC200R Tenkeyless Blue

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
« Reply #131 on: Sat, 23 July 2011, 07:38:12 »
Another method I did was click on the view all customer reviews then the add to cart options appears on the top right of the screen
REALFORCE|FILCO|HHKB|KBC POKER X|LEOPOLD|CM STORM|SIIG (GHSS)|IBM SSK

Offline ambroise

« Reply #132 on: Mon, 25 July 2011, 20:56:10 »
Yet another trick is to buy the package deal they have and then just remove the stuff you don't want.

Offline Bruce

« Reply #133 on: Tue, 26 July 2011, 14:56:01 »
Hi All
It seems the Amazon buy button bug has been recurring randomly. I don't really know what the root cause is or if other vendors get the same problem. All we can do is lean on them to fix it. Which we are doing.
Oh, and we can apologise for the inconvenience and thank you all for your patience.

Offline Bruce

« Reply #134 on: Mon, 08 August 2011, 07:44:10 »
Hi Dante
Return rates have been close to zero since Maj2 came along.
Although I did have a guy this morning who says his Full size with Blues is not responding at all.
It's the first Filco fault I can remember in a long time and we're still checking there are no faulty user issues. The Ping thing has gone quiet now (sorry for the pun) and in total I think we ended up with one returned for credit - which is mine now and being used in the office!

Offline jakis

« Reply #135 on: Tue, 09 August 2011, 09:38:21 »
Is the Ninja Maj-2 TKL with browns due to be restocked anytime soon?
I sure would love one out here in Canada  ;___;

Offline Bruce

« Reply #136 on: Tue, 09 August 2011, 14:32:55 »
Hi Jakis
Welcome to Geekhack.
We have them in stock here http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard_details.asp?PRODUCT=849
And we will have more on Amazon USA but I think Amazon won't ship to USA so I think you will be better ordering from our website.

Offline jakis

« Reply #137 on: Tue, 09 August 2011, 14:40:53 »
Thanks!
I had read that someone said Amazon doesn't ship to Canada... I was trying not to believe it :(
I was trying to avoid the price of overseas shipping for the Filco (getting dauntingly close to $200 CAD :|) but it almost seems worth it from what I hear about Filcos, and for those AWESOME ninja keys. I could always save my money and get a Leopold from this continent, or even one of the soon-to-arrive OCN Duckys, but I don't know if I want to sacrifice the quality...

I've never owned a mechanical keyboard before so I really don't know what to choose and how much of a difference it will make.

Offline alaricljs

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #138 on: Tue, 09 August 2011, 14:51:22 »
There are those of us on GH that are willing to forward ship to canadians... There's also a fellow that crosses the border frequently and so can ship canada->canada after picking up the package in the US.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT

Offline shawn o

« Reply #139 on: Tue, 09 August 2011, 22:17:31 »
I just purchased a cherry brown Majestouch2 and Filco wristrest. I was hoping to purchase a set of genuine red WASD keycaps for it as well. I see them on your site direct but not on Amazon.

Will I just have to order from your site and pay shipping to the USA?

Thanks!

Offline Bruce

« Reply #140 on: Wed, 10 August 2011, 15:50:43 »
Hi Shawno, Welcome.
Yes, it does seem a long way around it but we're still working to get the smaller stuff on Amazon.
Thank You..

Offline bah

« Reply #141 on: Sun, 14 August 2011, 18:24:32 »
Any ideas when Filco (FKBN104MR/EB2) (Reds) KB will be back in stock at Amazon?
Thx.

Offline jakis

« Reply #142 on: Mon, 15 August 2011, 13:23:09 »
When the KeyboardCo website calculates shipping to Canada, the Filco I'm looking at comes to a whopping £108.77 (~$176 CAD). If I were crazy enough to pay that, should I expect extra random border fees? Or would that be the grand total?

Offline Bruce

« Reply #143 on: Tue, 16 August 2011, 06:06:54 »
Hi Bah
We plan to have more Red Switch on Amazon in good time for Christmas but there are still supply issues with the switch so I cannot be certain.

Jakis
I can't be sure what happens in Canada as it varies around the world, but the normal thing is for a state to collect any local sales taxes from you at the point of delivery so that would be normal. You would need to check with your tax or import authority to make sure.

Offline bah

« Reply #144 on: Thu, 18 August 2011, 06:46:17 »
Hey Bruce. Thanks for the info. Yeah a few months back (weeks?) I saw this model in stock then, bam, out of stock.  :(
Be sure to have an ass load in stock on Amazon...    :)
Thx!

Offline Skeese

« Reply #145 on: Sat, 10 December 2011, 18:01:40 »
Bruce, will we see any Filco Ninja TKL with US International layout?

Thanks

Offline Bruce

« Reply #146 on: Wed, 14 December 2011, 09:16:31 »
Hi Skeese, Welcome!
US International sounds familiar, did we speak via email?
I don't think we will have them any time soon. Sorry.

Offline Skeese

« Reply #147 on: Thu, 15 December 2011, 14:25:31 »
Yes we did, wrote that before I rang up :)

Offline precarious

• LOOK MOM, I'M A DRAGONZORD! DOOOO DODOODODODOODOO
« Reply #148 on: Mon, 16 January 2012, 22:26:12 »
I purchased the Majestouch 2 with browns on Friday with two-day shipping, it arrived Monday -- over a holiday weekend, and on the holiday.  Pretty amazing shipping, and the keyboard is even more spectacular.  I just need to figure out where to get a set of blank PBT keys now.  The stock keys are superb, I just wish there were an option to have it blank from the factory.  Otherwise, you really can't go wrong with this keyboard!

Offline Acedio

« Reply #149 on: Wed, 18 January 2012, 17:36:56 »
Hi Bruce, is there any chance you will stock the white ninja version of the TKL Majestouch 2 with MX Blues? I think the model number would be FKBN87MC/EFW2. I see one of them with MX Browns on Amazon, but not one with MX Blues. Thanks!

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #150 on: Wed, 18 January 2012, 19:37:44 »
I also want a white Filco in cherry blues, really like that look Bruce, just dont like Browns
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 January 2012, 19:42:34 by NorrisB »

Offline Hatsuharu

« Reply #151 on: Mon, 23 January 2012, 13:00:42 »
+1 to White MX Blues.

Offline Bruce

« Reply #152 on: Tue, 31 January 2012, 05:29:20 »
Regarding the white models, they are special order and there are none in the pipeline at present.
It will be summer time at the best.
Sorry.

Offline Crinan

« Reply #153 on: Thu, 09 February 2012, 08:30:17 »
Bruce,
Was wondering if I could find out when the amazon store will be restocked with black(looks like very color but black is available currently) USA Filco Ninja Majestouch-2, Tenkeyless, NKR, Tactile Action, Keyboard (FKBN87M/EFB2)
Many thanks!

Offline kryzis

« Reply #154 on: Sat, 11 February 2012, 01:07:12 »
I'm interested in a black Ninja Tenkeyless Tactile as well. I keep checking Amazon just in case. =)

Offline megnin

• Topre, or not Topre? That is the question.
« Reply #155 on: Sat, 11 February 2012, 11:37:58 »
I hope this question hasn't been asked to death... Will there be any more Filco Tenkeyless with reds?
“The only difference between me and a madman is I'm not mad." -- Salvador Dali

Offline posthaste

« Reply #156 on: Sat, 11 February 2012, 14:44:38 »
Quote from: megnin;511728
I hope this question hasn't been asked to death... Will there be any more Filco Tenkeyless with reds?

I definitely want one of those, too.

Offline Bruce

« Reply #157 on: Mon, 13 February 2012, 05:23:18 »
Hi Guys
Yes, we will be restocking everything on Amazon. Some things will be out for a month or so - we got caught out by Chinese New Year and a couple of things.
Tenkeyless with Reds is coming for USA models too.

Bruce

Offline ironman31

« Reply #158 on: Mon, 13 February 2012, 19:02:49 »
Quote from: Bruce;513162
Hi Guys
Yes, we will be restocking everything on Amazon. Some things will be out for a month or so - we got caught out by Chinese New Year and a couple of things.

Bruce

*****in
Keyboards:

Pointing Devices:

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #159 on: Tue, 14 February 2012, 23:26:34 »
Quote from: Bruce;513162

Bruce

Awwww snap.  If you people buy them out before I see them... caps will fly.