Author Topic: E6-V2 Round 2 - 60% custom keyboard - (GB End)  (Read 193344 times)

Offline prelude46

Re: E6-V2 Round 2 - 60% custom keyboard
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 26 February 2018, 20:04:58 »
Out of curiosity, why the anodized over MAO? I know they're different finishes, but the texture is different isn't it?

Personally, I like the color options that ano offers more.

Yeah, definitely loving the color combinations for the ano. I've been wanting a white/brass build for a while now though, which is why I was initially interested in the MAO. Too bad there isn't an option for ano white this time around.

Still kind of flip-flopping between if I want to change from MAO to the teal.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 26 February 2018, 20:19:44 »
Out of curiosity, why the anodized over MAO? I know they're different finishes, but the texture is different isn't it?

Yeah, definitely loving the color combinations for the ano. I've been wanting a white/brass build for a while now though, which is why I was initially interested in the MAO. Too bad there isn't an option for ano white this time around.

white ano is just a really bright silver, you can't ano true white
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 26 February 2018, 22:30:40 »
I really wanted a blank weight but forgot to write it in the form. Is this an option only if an extra weight is purchased? I don't want to bother you with custom engravings so I figured getting a blank one and finding a shop locally would be best.

Sry. There was no blank weight to purchase

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 26 February 2018, 22:47:56 »
Great keycaps and combo  :thumb:

Offline cicada

• Formerly iamacicada
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 13:05:32 »
I'd highly recommend anodized aluminum over MAO for this keyboard, at least with this new (dark) green and blue that i currently have on hand.

The anodising on this thing is miles miles better than the E8 and feels super smooth IRL. Here's just a ****ty shot of the alu surface and i don't think it does the board justice at all.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4720/39782151684_4495e2324b_o.jpg

Edit: oh and to avoid confusion this is NOT the dark blue that will be used for the GB, its just a 'regular blue' prototype  :thumb:

yeah the texture is different. And MAO is super matte, like superdoedoe said it feels like dry ceramic. Also its much more prone to dirt and finger oil than anodized alu, one of the advantages is that mao finish is usually very consistent and doesn't suffer from the defects often seen on anodized alu.

For this board I personally prefer ano as it looks and feels so good :thumb:. That dark blue/mao combo looks really awesome though.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 18:59:02 »
Anyone have silver AND mao components from R1 that they can photo together.  Trying to see how they look together.
keyboards.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 19:06:12 »
Anyone have silver AND mao components from R1 that they can photo together.  Trying to see how they look together.

looking at the spreadsheet from r1 i don't think anyone got this combo, but it might have changed after exclusive took over
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 20:00:49 »

In the R1 no one have this combo

Silver with Mao

Offline crtexcnndrm99

• *profile image used without permission* ;)
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 20:15:19 »

I was thinking the same sort of thing. Really muted colours could be amazing. If only beige was an option  :p
You're a smooth smoothie, you know? ~ Gaear Grimsrud

Offline prelude46

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 21:18:20 »

Ahh ok. Didn't know that. Well I hope I made the right choice going MAO   :))

I'd highly recommend anodized aluminum over MAO for this keyboard, at least with this new (dark) green and blue that i currently have on hand.

The anodising on this thing is miles miles better than the E8 and feels super smooth IRL. Here's just a ****ty shot of the alu surface and i don't think it does the board justice at all.

Edit: oh and to avoid confusion this is NOT the dark blue that will be used for the GB, its just a 'regular blue' prototype  :thumb:

yeah the texture is different. And MAO is super matte, like superdoedoe said it feels like dry ceramic. Also its much more prone to dirt and finger oil than anodized alu, one of the advantages is that mao finish is usually very consistent and doesn't suffer from the defects often seen on anodized alu.

For this board I personally prefer ano as it looks and feels so good :thumb:. That dark blue/mao combo looks really awesome though.

I do like the feel of matte ceramic. From the some pictures with certain lighting the MAO looks super white and beautiful, but I'm more curious to know if it's more of a true white or an off white bordering gray. The ano on this board does looks really great though. Still kind of torn between if I want white or that teal.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 22:44:25 »

Ahh ok. Didn't know that. Well I hope I made the right choice going MAO   :))

I do like the feel of matte ceramic. From the some pictures with certain lighting the MAO looks super white and beautiful, but I'm more curious to know if it's more of a true white or an off white bordering gray. The ano on this board does looks really great though. Still kind of torn between if I want white or that teal.

Neither Anodizing or MAO will ever give you true white. MAO is still grey. The only ways to get white are cerakote, powdercoat or paint.

Offline lumpofunworth

• I’m a guy, that does stuff, with things, for fun.
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 13:13:26 »
Thinking about getting in on this GB. I want to get a good color combo to match XDA Godspeed, any color suggestions?
I like keyboards like I like people... I like keyboards a bit more come to think of it... nvm

Offline Puree

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 13:58:25 »
 :thumb:

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 18:32:03 »
Thinking about getting in on this GB. I want to get a good color combo to match XDA Godspeed, any color suggestions?

MAO- BRASS-MAO :thumb:

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 21:25:19 »
I will sort the table next days and let you check it . :thumb:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 21:32:40 »
I will sort the table next days and let you check it . :thumb:

Thanks exclusive

Offline midnight2903

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 07:24:27 »
I was contemplating on whether I should wait till I secure a GMK Royal Alpha before I get this but **** it. Dark green LETS GOOOOO

Offline pon10

• looking at my keycaps..
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 07:39:04 »
No red color this time?  :rolleyes:

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 08:15:09 »

Sry this time was no red

Offline pon10

• looking at my keycaps..
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 10:00:03 »

Sry this time was no red

Roger, thanks! and no carbon fiber plate either correct? :P

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:03:13 »

Sry this time was no red

Roger, thanks! and no carbon fiber plate either correct? :P

Yea

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #71 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 18:01:02 »

Welcome to the club of disappointed red fans.

e: on a more positive note that means there is an open slot for other colors that had more people interested than red.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 19:04:24 by fatpolomanjr »
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 19:00:23 »
Someone told me he can’t afford it

Emm if you  really like this board you can purhanse one and pay it later

It will have deadline also this will be last chance get this board .wont open again

Thanks

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 19:06:06 »

That's an interesting idea. When you say paint it you mean with actual paint? Or something like re-anodize to a different color? What would be the recommended middle case color / material to do something like that? Will any color or material work?

Who/where does re-anodization? I really like this keyboard but if I can't get the black/red/black top/middle/bottom then there's no point for me.
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 March 2018, 00:23:17 by fatpolomanjr »
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 19:24:24 »

It will have deadline also this will be last chance get this board .wont open again

Thanks
Show Image

Show Image

i'll send you a message on discord, i might need a but of extra time to pay

Offline Tally810

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 19:32:10 »
@exclusive how to make a rockets board with no red

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline ullr

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 20:33:25 »
Last chance and there is no red anodization :(

Offline HardcoreDesk

« Reply #77 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 22:57:06 »
Conflicted about whether to go with PC or brass plate on this one. I plan on using slient blacks and prefer not too harsh of a bottom out to try and be as quiet as possible. Any advice?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #78 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 23:25:39 »
Conflicted about whether to go with PC or brass plate on this one. I plan on using slient blacks and prefer not too harsh of a bottom out to try and be as quiet as possible. Any advice?

pc or alu for softer bottomout

im prolly gonna change mine to pc since i'm thinking of using gat yellows

Offline midnight2903

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 00:33:34 »
Also not sure to get brass or PC. The brass looks fkin amazing but my previous PC plate was pretty good too D:
Tactile PC anyone?

Also not sure if I should get an extra PCB....

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #80 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 00:45:22 »
Also not sure to get brass or PC. The brass looks fkin amazing but my previous PC plate was pretty good too D:
Tactile PC anyone?

I’ve tried PC plates a few times and do like them for tactile switches. However, if you’re on the fence, I am almost done building my R1 E6-V2 and Exclusive’s brass plate is one of the nicest I’ve ever used. It is heavy and solid and has a nice matte finish to it. It’s extremely tasty. Plus, for longevity’s sake, PC is brittle and I’ve broken one when pulling switches.

Offline midnight2903

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 00:52:17 »
Tactile PC anyone?

I’ve tried PC plates a few times and do like them for tactile switches. However, if you’re on the fence, I am almost done building my R1 E6-V2 and Exclusive’s brass plate is one of the nicest I’ve ever used. It is heavy and solid and has a nice matte finish to it. It’s extremely tasty. Plus, for longevity’s sake, PC is brittle and I’ve broken one when pulling switches.

Guess I'm getting brass then, I really love the royal look of the green-brass combo. Together with Royal Alpha its gonna be dope.

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 01:17:53 »
How many orders need red color !!!

I need to know

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.
« Reply #83 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 01:25:17 »

Oh Talley

Emmm there may need Red

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #84 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 01:31:48 »

I need to know

I would add a red plate to my order.

Offline Tally810

« Reply #85 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 01:33:06 »

Oh Talley

Emmm there may need Red
You the man exclusive :)

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #86 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 01:34:12 »

I need to know

:-X

Current count: 8
Tally810, pon10, ullr, fatpolomanjr (me), ArchCel, ak_xf1re, Ryu_Dragoon, bminhz.

Puddsy (plate). Do we need 10 interested in any part red? Like 5 middle case and 5 bottom? Or 10 middle and 10 bottom and 10 plate? This seems a little complicated. No wonder you just want 5 color. :\

I'm in 100% with red middle case. 200% with red nameplate (but I know there are only 3 plate colors haha). ;p
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 March 2018, 19:48:11 by fatpolomanjr »

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.
« Reply #87 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 01:36:14 »

I need to know

Tally810, pon10, ullr, fatpolomanjr (me). By my count. I'm in 100% with red middle case. 200% with red plate (but I know there are only 3 plate colors haha). ;p

Possibly green middle if it is bright enough to match:

Green
Show Image

Red
Show Image

wow  so many red keycaps

Orders need to reach 10🤭

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #88 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 01:37:22 »
See my above post for current red count.
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 March 2018, 18:23:51 by fatpolomanjr »

Offline Tally810

« Reply #89 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 01:42:01 »
@exclusive Do you want us to pm you or will there be a form of sorts?

Offline Priapus

« Reply #90 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 15:40:32 »
If you are going to add a red option I would like to add a red middle plate to my order!

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #91 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 17:19:39 »
See my above two posts for current red count.
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 March 2018, 18:24:04 by fatpolomanjr »

Offline ArchCel

« Reply #92 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 17:26:03 »
I might very well be interested in red middle, would like a red nameplate if possible.

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #93 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 17:34:20 »
With all this red popping off, any chance we can do purple too  :))

Offline ak_xf1re

• Daydreamer
« Reply #94 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 17:57:28 »
Mentioned before, I would like to add a red middle and red nameplate aswell!

Offline RyuDragoon

« Reply #95 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 18:26:28 »

I need to know

Tally810, pon10, ullr, fatpolomanjr (me), ArchCel, ak_xf1re. 6 by my count. I'm in 100% with red middle case. 200% with red nameplate (but I know there are only 3 plate colors haha). ;p

Sign me up for another red one. Black and Red is the best colorway don't @ me.

Offline Tally810

« Reply #96 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 19:00:40 »
Red outsides brass middle I'm thinking I want

Offline bminhz

« Reply #97 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 19:46:28 »
I am up for red too...thinking it could very well together with the dark blue

Offline excluisve

• * Maker
  • Making & Thinking.
« Reply #98 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 20:06:17 »
Wait . It seems ppl like rainbow color .

Permit red then will ask purple  :mad: :mad:

Offline Tally810

« Reply #99 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 20:08:55 »
Wait . It seems ppl like rainbow color .

Permit red then will ask purple  :mad: :mad:
thanks exclusive