Author Topic: Need to upgrade PC: Must run Ton of Chrome lag free.  (Read 11809 times)

Offline Larken

Re: Need to upgrade PC: Must run Ton of Chrome lag free.
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 04:48:48 »
I've absolutely no issues with the 50 tradingview.com tabs in chrome (plus a bunch of my own while using the computer), after 32 hours and 2 hibernates.

Just a wild guess - are you using any sort of chrome/chromium extension for monitoring the trading sites? Since you can replicate the issue on a different system (your laptop), I'm kinda guessing it's something you're using that's hogging up your cpu resources.

I've actually had issues with add-ons in the past causing my entire system to stutter with too many tabs/completed downloads at once. Removed the offending add-on and the stuttering no longer happened.

| Ergodox #1 | Ergodox #2 |

Filco Majestouch Brown | Ducky 1087 Brown | Cherry G80-3494 Reds | Unicomp Ultra Classics | Cherry G80-8113 Clears |

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 04:50:31 »
I needed to ugprade ram, as after 2-3 days I literally ran out of memory. 32 GB was fully occupied.

Forget everything else for now...
This alone tells me something you are using probably has a memory leak (a massive one from the sound of it). A restart now and then will do wonders for you, not even anything special, just restarting normal will help a lot. You also may want to figure out what is doing it, though that can be tricky.

As for cpu upgrades, you probably don't need a 3950x, a 3700 or 3800 is plenty.

I'm just wondering if you're a day trader and using these screens for stock market displays (I've done work for some and this all sounds familiar). I'd go a step beyong simplifying your setup and actually recommend is splitting your load entirely if possible, anything open and static, like a ticker or feed set that up on a dedicated system, doesn't need to be fast or powerful, look at net tops, nucs and used systems. It doesn't need a lot of power (cpu or electrical) to display them and this way memory leaks will not effect your main system if and when they have issues. It may sound clunky having extra systems but as you adapt to it it becomes a lot more manageable. There are cases designed to house a gaming rig and an ITX system in one case and even share a power supply either a dedicated one for that or by using a splitter. You can also setup this mini system as a file server to offload even more from your desktop, making it less and less complicated and cluttered. Again, as you adapt to it, you will find more and more uses for it. Believe it or not, splitting your load like this, may actually end up saving money on your electric bill even as you're not using power hungry GPUs for everything.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline Larken

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 05:42:15 »

Upgrade Options for starters:

Z390 + 9900k
Z390 + 3950X Ryzen
Z390 + 3800x Ryzen

These CPU upgrade options sound reasonable, or do you have different suggestions?

As for GPU, to get some high-end upgrade from a single 980 GPU, I was thinking on going for a 2070 geforce card.

As a sidenote, when I use my laptop with 2 screens, I am not even remotely experiencing the same kind of lag. I re-installed my current system literally just 3 months ago. Hopefully this step-by-step approach will solve the problem entirely. If not at the least, restarting PC every night will.

Currently thinking on going for the following specs:

https://gyazo.com/6c984085a87d2f31b91390f13c82a1a6

Corsair RM 750 PSU
Crucial MX100 SSD
Geforce 2070 GPU
AMD Ryzen 3900x
Asus Z390 Motherboard
Noctua ND-H15 Air Cooling (Not bothered with setting up watercooling and I am not going to OC hardware anyway. Need best stock/turbo performance)

Z390 is for Intel chips only.
If you're going for AMD, you're looking at x570.

Do note that the cpu's not the issue here. Something you're using is probably causing the problem you're having.

Filco Majestouch Brown | Ducky 1087 Brown | Cherry G80-3494 Reds | Unicomp Ultra Classics | Cherry G80-8113 Clears |

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 05:44:01 »
I appreciate all the input. This is my problem solving steplist. If any one does not solve the issue, I will proceed to the next:

1. Upgrade CPU. Would do this anyway.
2. Reformat & Reinstall
3. Upgrade GPU
4. Upgrade SSD
5. Perform system restart with slow reboot every nights sleep.
6. Downgrade system, or change to multiple computers using input director.

5 is free and you could do it tonight with no effort, why is it so far down the list?

Spending lots of money will usually trick your brain into perceiving an improvement even if there is none and if throwing more hardware at it does improve things it may only be masking the underlying problem.  Think how much faster it could be with the software problem solved then running it on faster hardware.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Naweo

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 06:52:31 »
I've absolutely no issues with the 50 tradingview.com tabs in chrome (plus a bunch of my own while using the computer), after 32 hours and 2 hibernates.

Just a wild guess - are you using any sort of chrome/chromium extension for monitoring the trading sites? Since you can replicate the issue on a different system (your laptop), I'm kinda guessing it's something you're using that's hogging up your cpu resources.

I've actually had issues with add-ons in the past causing my entire system to stutter with too many tabs/completed downloads at once. Removed the offending add-on and the stuttering no longer happened.

I use a software called "multiple monitor" --- right now in trial version.

Extensions:

Dark Reader
Adblock
Rename Tab
Auto Refresh
Bookmark List

Offline Naweo

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 06:53:58 »

Extensions:

Dark Reader
Adblock
Rename Tab
Auto Refresh
Bookmark List

I appreciate all the input. This is my problem solving steplist. If any one does not solve the issue, I will proceed to the next:

2. Reformat & Reinstall
3. Upgrade GPU
4. Upgrade SSD

5 is free and you could do it tonight with no effort, why is it so far down the list?

Spending lots of money will usually trick your brain into perceiving an improvement even if there is none and if throwing more hardware at it does improve things it may only be masking the underlying problem.  Think how much faster it could be with the software problem solved then running it on faster hardware.

I get lag after about 5-6 hours of uptime. Generally some small lag straight after restart anyway.

Plus, the upgrades are supplementary to other reasons to upgrade pc (such as for upcoming games.)

I got some patience with the upgrading my PC, but for now, it is still my preferred go-to solution.

I have tried to eliminate tabs and/or software, and lag still seems to be persistent. Small after 5-6 hours.

As we speak, I restarted yesterday, sitting at 18 hours of uptime. Idle is around 30% CPU usage, 32% ram usage, with everything open. Some minor, yet noticable, lags.

On my 144hz screen, main screen, everything is really smooth when it comes to mouse movement. but if I drag anything, any windows, the selection cursour on desktop, or try to work with anything in tabs/internet, even just typing this very post, it feels like I have 10-15 FPS.

Extensions:

Dark Reader
Adblock
Rename Tab
Auto Refresh
Bookmark List

2. Reformat & Reinstall
3. Upgrade GPU
4. Upgrade SSD

I get lag after about 5-6 hours of uptime. Generally some small lag straight after restart anyway.

Plus, the upgrades are supplementary to other reasons to upgrade pc (such as for upcoming games.)

I got some patience with the upgrading my PC, but for now, it is still my preferred go-to solution.

I have tried to eliminate tabs and/or software, and lag still seems to be persistent. Small after 5-6 hours.

As we speak, I restarted yesterday, sitting at 18 hours of uptime. Idle is around 30% CPU usage, 32% ram usage, with everything open. Some minor, yet noticable, lags.

On my 144hz screen, main screen, everything is really smooth when it comes to mouse movement. but if I drag anything, any windows, the selection cursour on desktop, or try to work with anything in tabs/internet, even just typing this very post, it feels like I have 10-15 FPS.

--- When I try to load new pages in Tradingview, and yes, its for viewing some markets, my main issue is that it says "loading" on the top right of the page for almost 30-60 seconds before data comes in.

When I look at CPU load at the time I load those, it does not jump up that high. It loads the data very slowly, and thats is my primary issue.

When I contacted the website, they say that its a known issue when using multiple tabs.

Is there a way to solve that as a workaround?

Specifically, Tradingview support said:

"Hi there! Thanks for getting in touch!

You can create a shortcut that opens the TradingView chart in a separate window based on the Chrome browser:

This is a known issue when multiple tabs with TradingView are open and they are loading slowly. This depends on the device that you use and can be solved by increasing the CPU.

I also see that the ping was too high at the moment you sent this ticket:
maximum: 790 ms
average: 218.1ms
You can contact your internet provider or web administrator regarding this issue.

Kind regards! "

As a last attachment, here is a video showcasing what looks like 0.5-1 FPS as I am trying to work. This happens at this intensity every 1 hour or so. As you can see, I am simply dragging a text bubble that follows my mouse. The mouse has no lag whatsoever, but the website is NOT responding almost at all.

CPU usage at the time of the recording: 40%.
Ram: 30%

Generally the PC has tendencies to feel like this and it is quite frustrating. Any typing, any tool I select, anything really, on chromium, resorts to 0,5-2 FPS.

Fun fact however, if I go to brave browser and open a naked tab of tradingview, there is no lag. Rather smooth. 50-60 fps. This is while I have 0.5 fps in chromium.

I havev no idea if it is hardware or internet related, and tradingview support seems reluctant to provide answers.
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 March 2020, 07:36:17 by Naweo »

Offline Larken

« Reply #56 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 07:15:36 »

Extensions:

Dark Reader
Adblock
Rename Tab
Auto Refresh
Bookmark List

If you're auto-freshing 50 tabs on a short timer, that explains a lot. Try disabling the auto refresh extension and see if your CPU and Ram usage goes down.

If you have to have the tabs refreshing constantly, a more powerful system might help. But I'll leave that to others with more expertise on this to comment on.

Offline Naweo

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 07:21:42 »

Extensions:

Dark Reader
Adblock
Rename Tab
Auto Refresh
Bookmark List

If you're auto-freshing 50 tabs on a short timer, that explains a lot. Try disabling the auto refresh extension and see if your CPU and Ram usage goes down.

If you have to have the tabs refreshing constantly, a more powerful system might help. But I'll leave that to others with more expertise on this to comment on.

I have it installed, but have not been running the extension at all today.

the attachment in my previous post is a video that described my issue rather clearly.

Offline epicfacethe3rd

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 10:09:48 »

that's not what idle is? Idle means you're not running any programs at all.

--- When I try to load new pages in Tradingview, and yes, its for viewing some markets, my main issue is that it says "loading" on the top right of the page for almost 30-60 seconds before data comes in.

When I look at CPU load at the time I load those, it does not jump up that high. It loads the data very slowly, and thats is my primary issue.

When I contacted the website, they say that its a known issue when using multiple tabs.

Is there a way to solve that as a workaround?

Specifically, Tradingview support said:

"Hi there! Thanks for getting in touch!

You can create a shortcut that opens the TradingView chart in a separate window based on the Chrome browser:

This is a known issue when multiple tabs with TradingView are open and they are loading slowly. This depends on the device that you use and can be solved by increasing the CPU.

I also see that the ping was too high at the moment you sent this ticket:
maximum: 790 ms
average: 218.1ms
You can contact your internet provider or web administrator regarding this issue.

Kind regards! "

As a last attachment, here is a video showcasing what looks like 0.5-1 FPS as I am trying to work. This happens at this intensity every 1 hour or so. As you can see, I am simply dragging a text bubble that follows my mouse. The mouse has no lag whatsoever, but the website is NOT responding almost at all.

CPU usage at the time of the recording: 40%.
Ram: 30%

Generally the PC has tendencies to feel like this and it is quite frustrating. Any typing, any tool I select, anything really, on chromium, resorts to 0,5-2 FPS.

Fun fact however, if I go to brave browser and open a naked tab of tradingview, there is no lag. Rather smooth. 50-60 fps. This is while I have 0.5 fps in chromium.
have you tried sticking with brave browser? that's very odd
I havev no idea if it is hardware or internet related, and tradingview support seems reluctant to provide answers.
no, they provided an answer, just a very unfortunate one in nerdspeak
this is code for "we know it's a problem but we don't want to fix it so we're going to blame your hardware instead." pretty much the worst possible answer you could have gotten from them
someone suggested the possibility that your mixed refresh rates is part of the issue. I'm not familiar enough with windows anymore to be able to say that for sure but try messing with that.
compartmentalizing your system is a good suggestion. you could do this with anything from VMs to buying a stack of raspberry pi's and Synergy https://symless.com/synergy
your ping is also much worse than you originally said which intrigues me. it's not at all close to what i would expect with ethernet. follow up with your ISP on that.
for reference, here's my ping to a lot of places very far away from me. i'm US east

your ping should not be nearly as high as that if you're running over an ethernet connection. try disabling wifi and see what happens
Teaching sand to think was a mistake
Wendel, Level1techs, 2020-02-04

Offline Naweo

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 10:11:50 »
My ping is high because it spiked to 1000 ms for a second. Then averages at 200-300.

I will test to see if I can open as many browsers in brave and experience any issues.

I could also try to split up load onto many different browsers.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 10:22:41 »
Hey, I am experiencing some serious lag running a lot of chrome windows, tabs, and extensions. Which is necessary.

I recently upgraded ram to 64 GB to avoid run-out-of ram issue, and so far thats doing fine. But my CPU is constantly running between 60-95% usage, and I have trouble loading pages.

I use a 5930k CPU.

Would upgrading to one of the new modern CPUs be helpful?

Could it be time to upgrade my SSD and/or HHD, even though they are in fine condition?

Thank you.
This is as mentioned before, software related. I have a 2600k + 16GB of ram and I'm idleing 10% with 15+ tabs open. Try running another web-browser or use chromium which is the lightweight version of chrome.
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 17:25:05 »
Alright, I went to this tradingview.com, opened 50 charts in separate tabs, and this tab in the same window. In another FF window I have 110 random open tabs, although most of them probably have not been reloaded since starting FF this evening. In yet another window I have another 15 open tabs (more random content from previous viewing) I just now refreshed to be sure that they factor in. All windows are up on 3 separate 1920x1080 displays. I also have Avast, Keyscrambler, and Discord running in the background (and potentially other somewhat superfluous processes, but I usually run my systems pretty lean).

With an i7-3770, 16gb of DDR3, and a GTX 1070, in fairly bone stock Windows 10, I am at a whopping ... 5-10% CPU usage, 55-56% memory usage, 0% disk usage, 0% network usage, and 4-7% GPU usage. If I open one of the charts, or switch between them, CPU and GPU usage spike nominally (between 5-10%) and quickly dip back down to normal.

I suppose that I should add that I do have both of the secondary displays connected to the integrated graphics, since waste not, want not, but the charts are all in a window on a display dedicated to the 1070.

I have one hell of a lot of hardware I could test this on, down to Pentium 4s, if I even have a modern OS installed on systems that old. I bet my very first desktop computer with its Athlon X2 processor wouldn't have much trouble, if I can find a web browser that's updated enough for Windows XP.
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 March 2020, 17:40:27 by Maledicted »

Offline Naweo

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 03:35:10 »
I may have located the source of my lag.

It may have been PC instability.

When I reset my BIOS to default, I am now noticing much less lag.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 04:18:40 »
200ms, 300ms, 1000ms ping...

What are you using, tin cans and string?
You should be able to ping Australia from United States in less than 250, if you are seeing it that high locally something is very wrong.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline Naweo

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 04:52:51 »
It might be due to my VPN, causing some spikes.

95% of the traffic is in the sub 40 ms category.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 07:47:48 »
Increase CPU voltage.  if it's running lean, that could happen.

Test it with PRIME 95, WITHOUT AVX,  you need an older version of prime95.

Offline Naweo

« Reply #66 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 07:05:51 »
I managed to solve the issues with hardware tinkering. I have a last question however.

I have four monitors enabled, but I only have 2 displayports on my GPU.

What will be the best solution?

1. Add a random 2nd GPU with displayport and put 4th monitor there

- or  -

2. use the onboard graphics unit with displayport (Asus Z390 PLUS WIFI).

I am not sure which would be best for performance.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #67 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 07:28:28 »
What was the tinkering that fixed it ?

I'd try the onboard graphics first, since that's free.

Offline Naweo

« Reply #68 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 07:38:33 »
What was the tinkering that fixed it ?

I'd try the onboard graphics first, since that's free.

I already have a few functional GPU cards around.

The onboard graphics card seems to work without issue.

Just wondering if there is an underlying performance issue I am unaware of.

And dont worry about the money.

My uncle had a 9900k lying around, and I installed Mobo and a 2070 GPU. After that, everything runs so damn smooth r/n.

Could be a generation compatibility thing, or just dying hardware.

I am "idle" with less than 10% CPU usage now with 30 tabs open.

Also, TP4Tissue, what would be a decent low-end OC starting point for 9900K? I am thinking 1,25v with 4800 GHZ. Then maybe up it/lower it from there. Max temps on 8H test less than 80c degrees.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #69 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 07:54:28 »
Also, TP4Tissue, what would be a decent low-end OC starting point for 9900K? I am thinking 1,25v with 4800 GHZ. Then maybe up it/lower it from there. Max temps on 8H test less than 80c degrees.

No, push to 5.1, if it doesn't hold 5.1, go to 5.0.

Test the 5.1 and 5.0 with a NON-avx prime 95 .  You can set the avx offset later.

Start with MAX voltage, 5.1ghz.  That's how you overclock.

Backup your HDD before OC, so you don't have to reformat and install apps if you get corrupt OS.

Offline Naweo

« Reply #70 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 07:55:29 »

No, push to 5.1, if it doesn't hold 5.1, go to 5.0.

Test the 5.1 and 5.0 with a NON-avx prime 95 .  You can set the avx offset later.

Realbench is non-avx prime 95?

Offline Naweo

« Reply #72 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 08:08:57 »
Z390 TUF

Stresstesting 1.275v with 5.0 GHZ now using 16 torture and "blend" settings in prime 26.6 version.
Noctua ND-H15 Air tripple fan.

(5.1 at 1.275v was instant BSOD at around 65 max temp.)

As long as max temp stays below 80, I will just deload frequency until it can hold an 8 hour stress test.

Any other tips/ideas?

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #73 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 09:38:00 »
Other than triple-fan is not worth the 2 degrees, no.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #74 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 10:12:30 »
Z390 TUF

Stresstesting 1.275v with 5.0 GHZ now using 16 torture and "blend" settings in prime 26.6 version.

As long as max temp stays below 80, I will just deload frequency until it can hold an 8 hour stress test.

Any other tips/ideas?

Don't worry about the temperatures , you want to stay below 80 during benchmarks.  Other than that,  the majority of other scenarios, you might actually consider Upping the voltage to something higher than what you need to be prime stable.

You're not going to kill the cpu before it's obsolete, so there's no reason to keep pushing down unless you run above 80 in daily tasks.  Which I doubt it will.

Higher voltage reduces the the probability of CPU math errors.

This doesn't mean you don't push the voltage DOWN until it crashes though, you still want to know the bottom line.

The reason is, because the voltage is dynamic and the switch between loads causes voltage droop,  you have to make sure it never droops below that voltage during the load switches.

The frequency also responds nonlinearly to voltage, so again, you never want to use minimum voltage. you want to use many ticks above.

Offline Naweo

« Reply #75 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 10:38:12 »
Z390 TUF

Any other tips/ideas?

Don't worry about the temperatures , you want to stay below 80 during benchmarks.  Other than that,  the majority of other scenarios, you might actually consider Upping the voltage to something higher than what you need to be prime stable.

You're not going to kill the cpu before it's obsolete, so there's no reason to keep pushing down unless you run above 80 in daily tasks.  Which I doubt it will.

Higher voltage reduces the the probability of CPU math errors.

This doesn't mean you don't push the voltage DOWN until it crashes though, you still want to know the bottom line.

The reason is, because the voltage is dynamic and the switch between loads causes voltage droop,  you have to make sure it never droops below that voltage during the load switches.

The frequency also responds nonlinearly to voltage, so again, you never want to use minimum voltage. you want to use many ticks above.

Gotcha, awesome.

I ran MEMORY at 2400 mhz (and auto settings) and 4800 ghz and 1.25 voltage stable for 1.5 hours with a max temp of 83 degrees. This seems to be about ok.

I suppose I can test 1.24v overnight for about 8 hours, and if stable, then just upclock the voltage to 1.25 again.

Before I forget: If I have a GPU lying around with displayport, would that be better to use for multi-monitor setup that onboard graphics?
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 March 2020, 10:55:29 by Naweo »

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #76 on: Sun, 08 March 2020, 09:49:39 »
I think it's just best to run things in another browser

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #77 on: Sun, 08 March 2020, 22:22:20 »
Before I forget: If I have a GPU lying around with displayport, would that be better to use for multi-monitor setup that onboard graphics?

From what perspective, and to what end?

Your onboard GPU is literally just sitting there doing nothing otherwise, and from the sound of it, you're not doing anything particularly demanding with your multi monitor setup. The only major downside to utilizing integrated should be that your integrated graphics will use a tiny fraction of your ridiculous amount of superfluous RAM, as it doesn't have any of its own dedicated video memory.

An additional card should not, but it will use up PCIE bandwidth/lanes (probably irrelevant in your use cases), and consume more energy.

Then again, bothering to overclock an i9 9900k outside of some extreme rendering, encoding, etc (so probably something like 1-5% of the population would ever need), also seems entirely absurd to me. To each their own though.