geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

Ebay forcing sellers to use bank accounts from 31st May

(1/7) > >>

phinix:
Apparently Ebay is forcing sellers to use bank accounts from 31st May. I just got email about it.
If you are a selling you need to connect your bank account to your ebay account in order to manage your sales.
They no longer going to use Paypal account as a form of payment destination - ebay will take off your selling fees straight away and will transfer you sale payment to your account in 2 working days.
Interesting...
I will have to open new bank account for this now, dont want to connect my live bank account to this crap...

How do you guys feel about this, fellow ebayers?
I'm not happy at all... :mad:

fohat.digs:
That is abominable. They have not sent me anything about it, and they usually sent those things out with lots of notice.

I did notice, however, that when I got a refund a couple of weeks ago it went into my bank account rather than my Paypal account. It was only around $20 and I was busy so I didn't really think about it at the time.

foxieze:
Yeah, I got an email about that too - I don't really care tbh. If I get my money, then I'm happy.

Findecanor:
As long as it is only for money going into my bank account, and they never share my bank account details with anyone, I would be fine with it personally and maybe prefer that. But I still think it bad of them not to offer multiple options.

For private payments from buyers to sellers in continental Europe, bank transfer between bank accounts are otherwise very common. Private payments are required by EU-wide law to be free of any transaction fees.
While my salary account has the same number as my birth date/social security number (Sweden started using the SSN for everything a long time ago), I collect private payments to a savings account with a different number.

And BTW, if more people stopped using PayPal, I'd think that would only be a good thing. I have very little confidence in them these days.

foxieze:

--- Quote from: Findecanor on Fri, 30 April 2021, 07:51:35 ---And BTW, if more people stopped using PayPal, I'd think that would only be a good thing. I have very little confidence in them these days.

--- End quote ---

why? just interested, i've always been happy with paypal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version