geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

Ebay forcing sellers to use bank accounts from 31st May

<< < (2/7) > >>

phinix:
I'm ok only if its one way transfer - to the account and make sure that ebay has no access to my account.
I dont know yet how that works, but hope this is it.

Imagine how many people now will be creating new bank accounts just for this - I'm one of them, as I dont want to use my current savings account for ebay

foxieze:
They only asked for my account number and sort code, so it would be impossible for them to take money out of my accout.

phinix:

--- Quote from: foxieze on Fri, 30 April 2021, 09:51:22 ---They only asked for my account number and sort code, so it would be impossible for them to take money out of my accout.

--- End quote ---

Cool.
I wonder how chargeback will work with this.
Like if someone would like to screw you over and after buying your item call his account being hacked and start chargeback...

foxieze:

--- Quote from: phinix on Fri, 30 April 2021, 14:57:33 ---
--- Quote from: foxieze on Fri, 30 April 2021, 09:51:22 ---They only asked for my account number and sort code, so it would be impossible for them to take money out of my accout.

--- End quote ---

Cool.
I wonder how chargeback will work with this.
Like if someone would like to screw you over and after buying your item call his account being hacked and start chargeback...

--- End quote ---

i don't expect much would change and it would just be a very similar process to how they did it with paypal. i don't know how that is though, as never gone through something like that.

Findecanor:

--- Quote from: foxieze on Fri, 30 April 2021, 08:56:50 ---
--- Quote from: Findecanor on Fri, 30 April 2021, 07:51:35 ---And BTW, if more people stopped using PayPal, I'd think that would only be a good thing. I have very little confidence in them these days.

--- End quote ---

why? just interested, i've always been happy with paypal.

--- End quote ---
I have also been happy with PayPal for a long time, but I've heard many horror stories throughout the years about people getting their accounts locked for all sorts of reasons.

Recently, they changed their login system to use 2FA to phone you and give you a one-time code when you want to log in ... but they failed to verify that the phone number worked before they started doing it.
I believe that I did enter my phone number correctly... However, there is a a mix-up with country code and area code, which means that I still can't log in.

Blaming Corona, they don't have any phone support ... Instead they smugly refer to their "help center" — which would require that I first log in.
And they now also want to charge customers a yearly fee if they don't use PayPal. These things together is beyond shameful.

Plus, they have got involved with Bitcoin — which is a crime against humanity.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version