Author Topic: [IC] GMK Shashin | GB 1st of July!  (Read 80954 times)

Offline S3LQ

• Designer and keyboard enthusiast
Re: [IC] GMK Shashin | GB 1st of May! (UPDATE, Collabs, Renders etc)
« Reply #150 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 11:26:11 »

SALVUN METAL KEYCAPS

More

ROCKETCABLES

More

Offline UGunaLOSE

« Reply #151 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 11:34:59 »
Nice set! Looking forward to seeing more.

GLWIC!

« Reply #152 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 12:23:30 »
Will the live date be pushed since there is still no pricing?
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 April 2021, 12:56:41 by byfuryattheheart »

Offline S3LQ

« Reply #153 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 13:30:34 »
Will the live date be pushed since there is still no pricing?

Due to a delay regarding GMK quote, we unfortunately need to postpone the groupbuy for now. Meaning it won't go live 1st of May

Once quote is received and prices are set we will set date!

This might be good news for some, and not so good new for others. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do, rather than being patient. The groupbuy will happen, and hopefully it won't be delayed with more than a couple of days/weeks.

Lets try to make the best out of it, and I'll try my best to keep the latin base kit in for you guys!

This being said, you guys are now granted with more time to save up some pocket change for the set!

Offline azzipa

Re: [IC] GMK Shashin | GB postponed due to quote delay
« Reply #154 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 14:14:52 »
gmk seems to be begging for other manu's to step up with ongoing delays. i know i'm much more interested in epbt at this point. i really like this set but the thought of waiting for delivery until 3Q22, at best, is not on my list of things to do. very sorry for your situation.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #155 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 14:33:50 »
Oh
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline S3LQ

« Reply #156 on: Mon, 03 May 2021, 11:47:59 »
gmk seems to be begging for other manu's to step up with ongoing delays. i know i'm much more interested in epbt at this point. i really like this set but the thought of waiting for delivery until 3Q22, at best, is not on my list of things to do. very sorry for your situation.
I can understand your decision. We are patiently waiting on the new quote, once that arrives we will sort pricing and set a new date! Hopefully, GMK also improves their manufacturing time as there were rumours about.

Offline PurpleOmega

« Reply #157 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 07:03:20 »
The IC page looks so dark, but overall I really love this set. Simplistic. I just hoped that the Japanese sub legends were an add-on instead of the alphas as add-on, but that's just "personal preference" as with everything in this hobby. Hope this GB runs successfully!!!

Offline S3LQ

« Reply #158 on: Sat, 08 May 2021, 06:27:16 »
The IC page looks so dark, but overall I really love this set. Simplistic. I just hoped that the Japanese sub legends were an add-on instead of the alphas as add-on, but that's just "personal preference" as with everything in this hobby. Hope this GB runs successfully!!!
Latin base is still in the discussion of being included for the sale. As a thank you for your patience regarding the delay, I will try to include that!

Offline Purse

« Reply #159 on: Sat, 08 May 2021, 16:47:52 »
A ton of complaining on this thread, but I personally love the set as it is with sublegends. I am super excited for this! Best of luck to you.

Offline andreiborisov

« Reply #160 on: Sat, 08 May 2021, 18:21:28 »
I even prefer standalone Latin alphas. Would grab one to pair with my WoB set. I have zero need for another WoB mods as many people in the community, I’m sure.

Offline S3LQ

« Reply #161 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 12:18:47 »
A ton of complaining on this thread, but I personally love the set as it is with sublegends. I am super excited for this! Best of luck to you.
Everything sorted out, but thanks for the support!

Offline GMK_Andy

• * Vendor
« Reply #162 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 16:06:41 »
We can't quote this because we have not received all of the vector files yet from the lead vendor. Once we receive all the materials required for the quote we will process it right away :thumb:

Personally I really dig this set! Great design work. I will do what I can to get this processed ASAP once we get all the renders and materials in!

EDIT: S3QL has sent me the files directly, so I will be working on this right away to try to get the quotes our for this set!
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 May 2021, 16:14:45 by GMK_Andy »

Offline S3LQ

« Reply #163 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 17:05:41 »
We can't quote this because we have not received all of the vector files yet from the lead vendor. Once we receive all the materials required for the quote we will process it right away :thumb:

Personally I really dig this set! Great design work. I will do what I can to get this processed ASAP once we get all the renders and materials in!

EDIT: S3QL has sent me the files directly, so I will be working on this right away to try to get the quotes our for this set!

Correct, some miscommunication and busy folks affected our vector files to be forwarded. This has now been sorted and the quote is now on the way!

Hoping to get it sorted within the next week or two, and I reckon we'll be looking at going live later this month!

More updates to come!

Offline itsazly

• website place
Re: [IC] GMK Shashin | GB postponed - Quotes on the way!
« Reply #164 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 13:34:30 »
Excited to see this! Gives a little more dimension than a standard WOB and I love the simple photography theme. The image with the Fujifilm also caught me, as that's the brand I use. Good job! Can't wait to see the coming updates!

Offline S3LQ

« Reply #165 on: Sun, 16 May 2021, 09:42:59 »
Excited to see this! Gives a little more dimension than a standard WOB and I love the simple photography theme. The image with the Fujifilm also caught me, as that's the brand I use. Good job! Can't wait to see the coming updates!
Appreciate the support!  :p

Offline S3LQ

« Reply #166 on: Tue, 25 May 2021, 07:35:58 »
UPDATE REGARDING GMK SHASHIN

- Quote from GMK is still on the way. Some delays regarding novelty measurements, we are sorting out.
- Since the set got delayed by some time, and the interest shown for the Latin Base kit, we will include that instead of the Latin Alphas, as a little plaster on the wound.
- Deskmat prototypes have been produced, and we've been sent some images of them from the factory (images have been posted in discord). Once these deskmats arrive at my place, I will get some proper photos taken!
- Artkey raffle is already done, this was a bit of a bummer, since the delay of the set, made the raffle go live before the GB even started.
- Mechsfashion has hooked me up with a sample of the Mechfashion x GMK Shashin Sleeve! Will grab some cool photos of that before GB!

Setting an estimate on when the GB will go live, is hard. There have been a few delays, but we hope to get everything sorted very soon. Regarding June, there is a few similar sets, so we will have a chat between the vendors, on when we would like to go live!

More updates will be posted, once we know more! Feel free to ask any questions here on in the discord!

Thanks for your patience!

Offline S3LQ

Re: [IC] GMK Shashin | GB postponed - Latin Basekit Back! Quote on the way!
« Reply #167 on: Sun, 06 June 2021, 16:28:50 »
DESKMAT UPDATE

Hey everyone! Still sorry for the delay, but we are hoping to go live very soon!

During the waiting period, we have gotten time to run deskmat samples, which have arrived at both MYKB and me. This begin said, this won't be the first sample run.
I'm not 100% satisfied with the outcome of the deskmats. The material, cloth, and stitching are perfect, but the coloring of the needs some adjusting.

They will both be adjusted a tiny bit. The first one (Shobori) will be adjusted to a larger contrast between the two-toned pattern, that way it will be more noticeable in all lighting. The second one (Poraroido) will also be adjusted a bit, color-wise. As of now, it seems to have a tiny blue/purple miss coloring, that we want to get rid of. We will also make it more contrasty, since it looks a bit dirty now.

Looking at these pictures won't really justify how they actually look in real life. From seeing the two first photos of the Shobori deskmat you might think it's two different deskmats. The first one is taken with a proper camera and lens, and the second one is taken with my phone. This is where I want to make the pattern a lot more noticeable, where you can actually see it in different lighting.

The picture of the Poraroido deskmat might look like the previous render I've provided in this IC. Which is sort of how I want the outcome to be. But looking at it in real life, it does have sort of a blue/purple overlay, which I want to get rid of. I want the design to be fully desaturated.

New samples has been ordered, and I will update you guys once those arrive!

Offline godofdeath

Re: [IC] GMK Shashin | GB postponed - Deskmat Samples! Quote on the way!
« Reply #168 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 21:38:13 »
So any updates?

Offline S3LQ

« Reply #169 on: Fri, 25 June 2021, 15:03:12 »
So any updates?
We are in contact with GMK regarding quotes for the new adjustments we had to do with the novelty kit. We've delivered our part, now waiting for an answer from them.

Offline Bonobo

« Reply #170 on: Sun, 27 June 2021, 11:09:57 »
nice!

Offline S3LQ

Re: [IC] GMK Shashin | GB postponed - Quotes Arrived, working on pricing!
« Reply #171 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 09:51:42 »
Quotes as finally arrived and we are working on pricing!

Will update once prices are final and we have a new GB date!

Basekeys.jp will also be joining in as a Japanese vendor!

Offline S3LQ

Re: [IC] GMK Shashin | GB 1st of July! (Prices, Samples, More vendors!)
« Reply #172 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 09:04:06 »
GMK Shashin is finally ready to go live!

Tomorrow July 1st we are bringing this photographic-inspired set out on the market! The set will be live until the 1st of August, so don't miss out!

Most prices are ready, some are still missing, but will be updated before launch! There might also be minor adjustments to the prices (lowering prices), so stay updated!

GB page is waiting for approval, once that's done I'll link it in the IC!

More updates will be posted in the Discord and on Instagram!

Offline S3LQ

Offline MrBingo

Re: [IC] GMK Shashin | GB 1st of July!
« Reply #174 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 11:24:49 »
Great set and great colors  :cool:

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
« Reply #175 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 22:49:57 »
haha! Link is up at KBDfans. Woooh!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #176 on: Thu, 01 July 2021, 17:49:55 »
I somehow never saw this thread until today.  This color combo is a nice, classic look. Hope the GB goes well for you  :thumb:

Here's an older instagram post where you can see what the colors look like IRL.  N9 from Q:01 and CR from BoW. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzLwScnlXyP/

Offline sub0001

« Reply #177 on: Thu, 01 July 2021, 18:32:08 »
Excited to join this one!