Author Topic: [IC] GMK 1520 | GB Announced!  (Read 123133 times)

Offline _haru

• Formerly linuxfanatic
  • Back from the dead
Re: [IC] GMK 1520 | Vendors Announced and Updated Kitting
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 26 November 2021, 12:53:08 »
my 2c: @hark, don't change a thing. you have nailed it on the design, and i think this is a faithful reproduction of the vintage keyset. looking forward to purchasing every kit.

I agree, this is the first GMK set in a while that's really grabbed my attention. I really think you should keep it as is, especially the grey F keys. They're my favourite. :D
AMJ60 - 45g MX White | GH60 Rev. C - Ghost Gateron Blacks | DFK101 - Alps SKCM Cream | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL - 62g Vintage MX Ergo Clear

Offline azzipa

« Reply #101 on: Fri, 26 November 2021, 19:17:21 »
my 2c: @hark, don't change a thing. you have nailed it on the design, and i think this is a faithful reproduction of the vintage keyset. looking forward to purchasing every kit.

I agree, this is the first GMK set in a while that's really grabbed my attention. I really think you should keep it as is, especially the grey F keys. They're my favourite. :D

i think we all have an appreciation for this set as well as the inspiration. so why do you think the keys were originally colored? it appears there is a logic in color matching "alt" with alpha sublegends that aligns with common keyboard shortcuts.

by all means, don't change a thing if you don't want to. i sorta assumed the non-vintage 1.5u system keys don't really have a place on a windows board. if there is a use for 1.5u system keys in windows i'll quit pushing a mac agenda. but if the systems keys are intended for macos users then they do not serve their intended purpose for our use case. that's all i'm trying to say. (guess i'm as uninformed about windows as many are about macs, and i'm actually looking to learn here.)

and fwiw, i fully understand the inspiration. i was only attempting to get the runner to see things from a macos user's pov, something that is not intuitive for many windows users. to say it differently, imagine the alt keys had yellow sublegends. makes no sense, right? not only because of the inspiration, but because the alpha sublegends are blue. the colors do not align. THAT is my point about the system keys being blue. since there are no system keys in the inspiration set i am confused why people who likely will not buy/use the system keys even care? peace

Offline hark

« Reply #102 on: Fri, 26 November 2021, 21:52:42 »

i think we all have an appreciation for this set as well as the inspiration. so why do you think the keys were originally colored? it appears there is a logic in color matching "alt" with alpha sublegends that aligns with common keyboard shortcuts.

by all means, don't change a thing if you don't want to. i sorta assumed the non-vintage 1.5u system keys don't really have a place on a windows board. if there is a use for 1.5u system keys in windows i'll quit pushing a mac agenda. but if the systems keys are intended for macos users then they do not serve their intended purpose for our use case. that's all i'm trying to say. (guess i'm as uninformed about windows as many are about macs, and i'm actually looking to learn here.)

and fwiw, i fully understand the inspiration. i was only attempting to get the runner to see things from a macos user's pov, something that is not intuitive for many windows users. to say it differently, imagine the alt keys had yellow sublegends. makes no sense, right? not only because of the inspiration, but because the alpha sublegends are blue. the colors do not align. THAT is my point about the system keys being blue. since there are no system keys in the inspiration set i am confused why people who likely will not buy/use the system keys even care? peace

Those keys are primarily for HHKB users, not MacOS users.

Offline andreiborisov

« Reply #103 on: Sat, 27 November 2021, 05:41:13 »

Those keys are primarily for HHKB users, not MacOS users.

Who would have 1.5 System key in the same place as Mac users, no? So it makes sense for them to be blue?

Offline andreiborisov

« Reply #104 on: Sat, 27 November 2021, 05:43:19 »
IMO flipping colors between 1.5 System and 1u Alt makes sense for all layouts and users

Offline andreiborisov

« Reply #105 on: Sat, 27 November 2021, 05:54:14 »

The frow can be used as m keys as seen in the Nine_ renders, I don't really think the profile of the keys matters all that much for XT layouts, as they're not constantly used to type. I also feel like there are more people who want a black frow than those who want macro keys, so the black frow has been prioritised in kitting.

As Zenith owner I strongly disagree.

I think it makes sense to include this in IC form. From I can gather from this thread people mostly prefer gray F-row, which would make sense since it’s more striking and original. By converting to M-keys you’d increase sales for both Extension kit and Base kit IMO.

Offline andreiborisov

[IC] GMK 1520 | Vendors Announced and Updated Kitting
« Reply #106 on: Sat, 27 November 2021, 06:00:06 »
I mean if you personally want a second F-row, that’s absolutely ok. It’s your set and I respect it. I think pretty much everyone in this hobby make things mostly for themselves.

What I’m trying to say is your assumption regarding how many people prefer what, might be incorrect in this case.
« Last Edit: Sun, 28 November 2021, 08:12:01 by andreiborisov »

Offline azzipa

« Reply #107 on: Sat, 27 November 2021, 09:30:06 »
Who would have 1.5 System key in the same place as Mac users, no? So it makes sense for them to be blue?

this. hhkb bottom row is 1u, 1.5u, 7u, 1.5u, 1u. if using a system key for 1.5u then it makes sense to be blue. same with macos and tsangan bottom row. last time i’ll post on this issue: please change 1.5u system to blue and have two 1u yellow alt in extension. there simply is no use case where 1.5u system in yellow makes sense.
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 November 2021, 09:32:20 by azzipa »

Offline snaiL678

« Reply #108 on: Wed, 15 December 2021, 20:40:04 »
Please nor de kit  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #109 on: Sun, 02 January 2022, 17:51:14 »
Is there a target date for the GB yet?

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #110 on: Sun, 02 January 2022, 18:15:48 »
Please get to GB status with this one.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline normous

« Reply #111 on: Sat, 22 January 2022, 22:16:13 »
Still hoping for 40s support, especially since the inspiration has quite a few 1u modifier keys.

Offline genevatypes

« Reply #112 on: Sun, 23 January 2022, 05:42:50 »
Just pitching in that Alice spacebars should be included w the base kit if you are putting an extra B.  :thumb:
GLWIC!

Offline Neely_12

« Reply #113 on: Sun, 23 January 2022, 10:29:01 »
Just pitching in that Alice spacebars should be included w the base kit if you are putting an extra B.  :thumb:
GLWIC!

Would add unnecessary cost, since there's an extra color and a uv legend.

Offline ZoomBoy

« Reply #114 on: Tue, 01 February 2022, 14:06:24 »
Definitely condensed my "to buy" list in 2022, but this is the only set now. Looking forward to the GB!

Offline h40

• h40.io
« Reply #115 on: Sun, 06 February 2022, 00:47:10 »
Super excited for this. Take care to get this right, but please do it quickly.

Offline andreiborisov

« Reply #116 on: Mon, 14 February 2022, 06:19:43 »

The frow can be used as m keys as seen in the Nine_ renders, I don't really think the profile of the keys matters all that much for XT layouts, as they're not constantly used to type. I also feel like there are more people who want a black frow than those who want macro keys, so the black frow has been prioritised in kitting.

The thing is, there are many ways to get WoB F-row, and 0 ways to get a proper XT-column in WoB.

Compatibility should be always prioritized IMO.

Offline Belled

• I like shoobs
« Reply #117 on: Mon, 14 February 2022, 19:12:30 »
I'm mclovin it

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #118 on: Tue, 01 March 2022, 18:27:10 »
any update on this set? hoping to see this get to GB this year

Offline hark

« Reply #119 on: Tue, 01 March 2022, 21:50:30 »
I want the set to get GB soon as well although I'm not quite sure when that'll happen, in terms of updates:
 - I have confirmed a cable collab.
 - I have received pricing from GMK.
Not quite sure when the best time to run the set will be as GMK lead times have been increasing and sales of GMK sets have been decreasing recently.
As much as I do want to run the set sooner rather than later, I do want the set to actually hit moq and I definitely don't want to change manu.

Offline Neely_12

« Reply #120 on: Wed, 09 March 2022, 14:17:36 »
I want the set to get GB soon as well although I'm not quite sure when that'll happen, in terms of updates:
Not quite sure when the best time to run the set will be as GMK lead times have been increasing and sales of GMK sets have been decreasing recently.
As much as I do want to run the set sooner rather than later, I do want the set to actually hit moq and I definitely don't want to change manu.

If you are able to do 250 moq like some of the other sets ran recently, I think it will hit that for sure. I really hope this can happen sooner rather than later.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #121 on: Sun, 13 March 2022, 16:06:23 »

If you are able to do 250 moq like some of the other sets ran recently, I think it will hit that for sure. I really hope this can happen sooner rather than later.

if you dont mind paying $1k for this set... delivery 2025

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #122 on: Sun, 13 March 2022, 20:03:08 »
Moq 250 would put this at 150$ for the base kit at the cheapest? 145? That’s a buncha colors.

Offline Neely_12

« Reply #123 on: Sun, 13 March 2022, 20:44:56 »

if you dont mind paying $1k for this set... delivery 2025

What is the purpose of this comment especially the delivery part. Sounding like people on r/mk. Little exaggerated there

Offline Hentoys

« Reply #124 on: Wed, 25 May 2022, 03:11:36 »
Really love this set!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #125 on: Wed, 15 June 2022, 10:36:42 »
Is this still coming?

Offline gotgoodiez

« Reply #126 on: Mon, 25 July 2022, 12:04:12 »
I hope this set has not died, really looking forward to this...

Offline infinitum

• i buy expensive plastic
« Reply #127 on: Mon, 25 July 2022, 13:07:50 »
this looks sick, glwgb!

Offline DetectiveNio

« Reply #128 on: Tue, 02 August 2022, 12:39:14 »
Hark plis come back for this dank set

Sent from my LM-F100 using Tapatalk

Offline MoarCoffeePlzzz

• Formerly Deeptek
« Reply #129 on: Tue, 02 August 2022, 17:27:59 »
Think offering a copy of just the alphas would be nice for those that want to pair it with WoB.

Offline chaos2theory

« Reply #130 on: Tue, 13 September 2022, 15:16:48 »
@Hark Just wanted to join the others here in saying this looks absolutely sick.  Really hope there is a GB sometime :D

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
« Reply #131 on: Sat, 17 September 2022, 16:06:07 »
@Hark Just wanted to join the others here in saying this looks absolutely sick.  Really hope there is a GB sometime :D

Yeah but then you would be missing the 7-8-9 num pad legends that are not on the alphas. ( I get that the numbers are still there. ) It would look a little wonky & Splitting the MOQ up would drive the cost up further. Vala Supply is running GMK Lilac on Black 69usd for alt alphas and 125usd for base and its two color. This is more complicated. I'd rather pay 135+ for the whole thing than 85+ for just alphas.

The extension kit pairs really well with WOB.

Also - This set has really grown on me. I'll pickup everything.
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 September 2022, 16:08:36 by HappyB0T »

Offline just.hymn

« Reply #132 on: Mon, 19 September 2022, 00:37:16 »
I had a similar design, but this is beautifully executed. Well done
Take my money

Offline hark

Re: [IC] GMK 1520 | November 2022 Update
« Reply #133 on: Wed, 23 November 2022, 10:01:53 »
Hi all!
Sorry for the lack of updates, unfortunately I've had family issues to deal with over the past year and have had not had any time to work on this set.
However, I still love this set and would eventually love to run it. Are you guys still interested in purchasing GMK 1520 if it were eventually to go into group buy?
If so, I would be glad to do the work required to have it run and get the set made.

Offline DetectiveNio

« Reply #134 on: Wed, 23 November 2022, 10:14:30 »
Aw sheesh he's back. Let's do ittt

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Offline StingrayShuffle

« Reply #135 on: Wed, 23 November 2022, 11:16:57 »
Count me in!

Offline Elendil-7

« Reply #136 on: Fri, 25 November 2022, 15:59:11 »
Hi all!
Sorry for the lack of updates, unfortunately I've had family issues to deal with over the past year and have had not had any time to work on this set.
However, I still love this set and would eventually love to run it. Are you guys still interested in purchasing GMK 1520 if it were eventually to go into group buy?
If so, I would be glad to do the work required to have it run and get the set made.

Sorry to hear; I wish you and your family the best!

I'm personally still very much looking forward to this set if you're still willing to get it produced. I have the perfect board for it! ;D

Offline caap

« Reply #137 on: Fri, 25 November 2022, 16:50:01 »
yes please consider still running these kits!

here to vocalize my support  :thumb:

Offline TheWonderBubble

« Reply #138 on: Fri, 25 November 2022, 20:39:34 »
Hi all!

You still have my attention
Shhhhh...my wallet doesn't know I'm here.

Offline XiXora

« Reply #139 on: Fri, 25 November 2022, 21:21:13 »
Still checking regularly!

Offline Neely_12

« Reply #140 on: Fri, 25 November 2022, 22:54:16 »
Hell Yes. Still in for all kits

Offline ankit

• Formerly ankit-sachdeva
« Reply #141 on: Fri, 25 November 2022, 23:00:29 »
+1
collection:
More
  Daal, Emp Mini, HHKB x5, Horsey, Prophet, RS60, Seis Cero, Unikorn, Pixy Mini

Offline gotgoodiez

« Reply #142 on: Fri, 25 November 2022, 23:16:46 »
For sure still in, please run it!

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #143 on: Fri, 25 November 2022, 23:17:18 »
Base n extension

Offline tngpq

« Reply #144 on: Sat, 26 November 2022, 02:31:25 »
If you need a certain number of replies to feel comfortable, count mine in.

Offline mcmcmc

« Reply #145 on: Sat, 26 November 2022, 03:05:02 »
pls give. thanks.

Offline neverfail

« Reply #146 on: Sat, 26 November 2022, 05:45:09 »
This is absolutely beautiful, just saying

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #147 on: Sun, 27 November 2022, 13:08:04 »
Hi all!

i'm in, but i'm willing to wait until the timing is right - competing with other keyset group buys and gmk pipeline

Offline BlueTongue

« Reply #148 on: Mon, 05 December 2022, 23:38:53 »
He’s back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline zuma

• ZumaZ
« Reply #149 on: Wed, 07 December 2022, 19:00:23 »
Count me in too  :thumb: