Author Topic: [IC]KK Light Wave Switch V2+GB is Live  (Read 21216 times)

Offline john08099

• Velocifire MK
  • * Vendor
    • Mechanical keyboards for typers
[IC]KK Light Wave Switch V2+GB is Live
« on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 20:39:48 »
GB IS LIVE  :thumb: due to holiday break, some vendors may open GB a few days later.
US Vendor: Bolsakeyboard

Canada Vendor: Deskhero

Rest of the world: Velocifire

Hi Everyone,
We just update the final samples. The update is for a more translucent housing and space for lights.
GB TIME: 5PM PST, Dec. 29th -- 5PM PST, Jan. 13t, 2021
Sound Test:Gymleadernathan will live stream the switches' samples and have a typing test on his Twitch Channel at 7 PM, 28th, PST.

Updated: December 24,2020
EU Vendor: https://mykeyboard.eu/

Edit:December 15,2020
Live Streaming and Giveaway
Alexotos will showcase the switches this coming Wednesday on Twitch, and giveaway 100 switches, pls feel free to head over and ask if you have any questions. Thanks.
GB time: Late December
Vendor updated:
US Vendor: 📷https://bolsakeyboardsupply.com/
Canada Vendor: 📷https://www.deskhero.ca/

Gallery: https://imgur.com/a/9chKcra
If you would love to receive an update, please fill in this IC FORM or Join our discord server HERE

Linear Switch | 60 grams of Gold Plated Spring | PCB mounted
4.0MM TRAVEL | 2.00±0.5MM ACTUATION | 35GF PEAK FORCE
| 45±10GF ACTUATION | 65GF BOTTOM OUT
Translucent Housing: PC
Stem: POM
GB Price: US$0.55 Per switch
Mold: Custom mold, custom and improved from commonly seen switch.
Different from the normal switch molds,  the custom molds applies slow-speed wire cutting technology, its production time is twice longer than normal ones. Therefore, the molds are more precise, and the positioning between each component is more accurate and compact. It can effectively eliminate the wobble between the upper and lower housings, and also make sliding rails' performance more stable. In order to increase the smoothness, the molds also apply full mirror polishing process technology, so the surface of the housing is smoother. Such treatments can significantly reduce the scratch between the stem and the inside of the housing. All in all, KK light wave V2 achieves stabler and smoother hand feel and gives more typing pleasure :) Hope you like it
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 April 2021, 04:07:15 by john08099 »
Velocifire Website: https://www.velocifiretech.com/
E-mail: John@velocifiretech.com
Make Typing Better | Velocifire

Offline of_sam

Re: [IC]Velocifire X KK Light Wave Switch V2
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 20:40:47 »
Damn it John.
Typing on: HHKB Pro 2 - Stock :aware:
Collection: F1.69, Police, Jubi, RF 87U, En Dash, Rosenthal, Soulless, Frog, Calliope, GAF 910, Sabre, W1-AT

Offline yoot

• none
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 20:41:28 »
John so lit

Offline ChromePcok

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 20:50:04 »
Same housing material? V1 housings sound so good

Offline ShadowProgr

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 21:01:00 »
Now I just need to know who makes them

Offline ThereminGoat

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 21:06:31 »

Tecsee.
Edit: V1s were made by Tecsee. These clearly appear to be different molds, but I want a hardline answer as to what is different other than just different mold stamps and am going to be under the assumption they are of the same factory until we can be told/prove otherwise.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

If you would love to receive an update, please fill in this IC FORM or Join our discord server HERE

Linear Switch | 60 grams of Gold Plated Spring | PCB mounted
| 45±10GF ACTUATION | 65GF BOTTOM OUT
Translucent Housing: PC
Stem: POM
GB Price: US$0.5+- Per switch
Mold: Custom mold, custom and improved from commonly seen switch.
Different from the normal switch molds,  the custom molds applies slow-speed wire cutting technology, its production time is twice longer than normal ones. Therefore, the molds are more precise, and the positioning between each component is more accurate and compact. It can effectively eliminate the wobble between the upper and lower housings, and also make sliding rails' performance more stable. In order to increase the smoothness, the molds also apply full mirror polishing process technology, so the surface of the housing is smoother. Such treatments can significantly reduce the scratch between the stem and the inside of the housing. All in all, KK light wave V2 achieves stabler and smoother hand feel and gives more typing pleasure :) Hope you like it
1. What about new molds requires slow speed wire cutting? This does not conform with my understanding of how injection molded plastic parts, since those were the only things that you said improved, are made.
2. How are these molds specifically different than those from V1?
3. The biggest issues with KK Lightwave V1 switches were not necessarily in the housings themselves, but rather the metallic crunching sounds that were either springs crunching or leaf issues of some sort. Do you propose the V2s fix this issue since that is not stated there?
4. Will any sort of reviewers, content creators, or anybody with some sort of established opinion platform that isn't a vendor be receiving these to review prior to them going on sale?

Edit II: I've been told I "type mad." I'm genuinely curious and appreciate if you could let us know. I'm not out to try and get anyone, I just find Lightwave V1s strange switches and am hoping we can know more about V2s.
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 December 2020, 21:26:37 by ThereminGoat »

Offline kk73715

• Why are you even reading
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 21:07:21 »
Just hope it's not another JWK... Someone please confirm

Edit: read Theremingoat's post above
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 December 2020, 21:08:54 by kk73715 »

Offline john08099

• Velocifire MK
  • * Vendor
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 21:13:40 »
Same housing material? V1 housings sound so good
Yes, same housing material

Offline john08099

• Velocifire MK
  • * Vendor
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 21:38:21 »

Tecsee.
Edit: V1s were made by Tecsee. These clearly appear to be different molds, but I want a hardline answer as to what is different other than just different mold stamps and am going to be under the assumption they are of the same factory until we can be told/prove otherwise

1. What about new molds requires slow speed wire cutting? This does not conform with my understanding of how injection molded plastic parts, since those were the only things that you said improved, are made.
3. The biggest issues with KK Lightwave V1 switches were not necessarily in the housings themselves, but rather the metallic crunching sounds that were either springs crunching or leaf issues of some sort. Do you propose the V2s fix this issue since that is not stated there?
4. Will any sort of reviewers, content creators, or anybody with some sort of established opinion platform that isn't a vendor be receiving these to review prior to them going on sale?

Edit II: I've been told I "type mad." I'm genuinely curious and appreciate if you could let us know. I'm not out to try and get anyone, I just find Lightwave V1s strange switches and am hoping we can know more about V2s.
(1) The V2 mold uses a lot of slow-moving wire processing, not plastic parts.
(2) The V2 mold has higher precision, which improves the smoothness of the stem and the stem shaking too much.
(3) The V1 is the problem of plastic parts, the spring is lengthened, in order to ensure the feel, but there will be a sound when pressed
(4)Sure, we have sent out some samples for review. GB will start after receive their feedback. Thanks.
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 December 2020, 23:54:42 by john08099 »

Offline ThereminGoat

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 21:55:39 »

Tecsee.
Edit: V1s were made by Tecsee. These clearly appear to be different molds, but I want a hardline answer as to what is different other than just different mold stamps and am going to be under the assumption they are of the same factory until we can be told/prove otherwise

(2) The V2 mold has higher precision
(3) The V1 is the problem of plastic parts
(4)Sure, we have sent out some samples for review. GB will start after receive their feedback. Thanks.

Re 1: Are these not being produced by plastic injection molding? This would be relatively revolutionary as far as I am aware in the way of mechanical switch production. If MX style switches were being produced via a non-injection molded process at comparable costs, I would imagine people would be extremely interested in its potential to be cost effective with respect to waste. As well, if that is the case, I'd be even further surprised that larger production houses then the one you are assumedly using had not figured out yet. This would insinuate an otherwise unrecognizable mold lettering scheme coming from a small, if not completely unknown production house, would have tuned a completely new process to such standards as to be comparable with big name producers.

Re 2: Higher precision with regards to what? Have the top housing holes been narrowed? Have the stems been increased in width to accommodate wobble? Like even just as much as saying broad yet still specific changes would be insightful.

Re 3: I have no understanding how a metallic sound is the fault of the plastic housings.

Re 4: Dope, I look forward to those responses.

Thank you for your responses!
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 December 2020, 21:58:26 by ThereminGoat »

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 22:17:23 »
I don't think John did a good job of communicating
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 23:03:02 »
I'm with ThereminGoat here.  If there isn't some sort of communication barrier, it sounds like these are quite the revolutionary product and an engineering marvel to some degree.  Looking forward to reviews.

Offline Anthixious

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 23:09:55 »
Ugh, I still haven't used my v1 switches, hoping these are a hit out of the park, because now I feel like unloading my v1's for these.

Offline Jefff

• jlabs.co
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 23:39:14 »
Hi, are the current Lightwaves on the velocifire store not v2? If not, when will the groupbuy be?

Offline john08099

• Velocifire MK
  • * Vendor
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 23:57:41 »
sorry :(

Offline john08099

• Velocifire MK
  • * Vendor
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 00:08:40 »

Tecsee.

Re 1: Are these not being produced by plastic injection molding? This would be relatively revolutionary as far as I am aware in the way of mechanical switch production. If MX style switches were being produced via a non-injection molded process at comparable costs, I would imagine people would be extremely interested in its potential to be cost effective with respect to waste. As well, if that is the case, I'd be even further surprised that larger production houses then the one you are assumedly using had not figured out yet. This would insinuate an otherwise unrecognizable mold lettering scheme coming from a small, if not completely unknown production house, would have tuned a completely new process to such standards as to be comparable with big name producers.

Re 2: Higher precision with regards to what? Have the top housing holes been narrowed? Have the stems been increased in width to accommodate wobble? Like even just as much as saying broad yet still specific changes would be insightful.

Re 3: I have no understanding how a metallic sound is the fault of the plastic housings.

Sorry, I didn't explain the questions clearly
Re: 1 V2 is a mold improvement. The plastic parts are still produced by injection molding, just the custom molds apply slow-speed wire cutting technology
Re:2 the V2 molds are more precise, and the positioning between each component is more accurate and compact, which improves the smoothness of the stems and the wobble between the upper and lower housings. Not just including you mentioned
Re:3 the V1 is the problem of plastic parts, because the spring is lengthened, in order to ensure the feel, there will be a sound when pressed
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 December 2020, 00:29:03 by john08099 »

Offline ThereminGoat

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 07:08:34 »

Tecsee.

Sorry, I didn't explain the questions clearly
Re: 1 V2 is a mold improvement. The plastic parts are still produced by injection molding, just the custom molds apply slow-speed wire cutting technology
Re:2 the V2 molds are more precise, and the positioning between each component is more accurate and compact, which improves the smoothness of the stems and the wobble between the upper and lower housings. Not just including you mentioned
Re:3 the V1 is the problem of plastic parts, because the spring is lengthened, in order to ensure the feel, there will be a sound when pressed

I mean, while I again appreciate the responses, you seemingly just said the same thing you did the first time but with more words.

Re 1: I still don't understand what this wire technology you clam is referring to. It doesn't appear to add any sort of value to your product nor degrade the production process because otherwise we'd see the results of either of these in your price. The only thing that I can think of is this simply being marketing fluff.

Re 2: You've just defined what we all here understood as more precise. We want to know which dimensions/gaps are more precise

Re 3: Like the wire technology thing, this still makes absolutely no sense to me. On top of that, there are other long spring switches in existence which don't have any sort of sound or metallic crunch, so this clearly isn't a 'necessary' feature of their usage.

Since those questions didn't really go anywhere, I guess I could ask an easier question:

"Linear Switch | 60 grams of Gold Plated Spring | PCB mounted
| 45±10GF ACTUATION | 65GF BOTTOM OUT"

How can you have a 60g spring with a 65g bottom out force, a 45g actuation, and a 35g peak force? Not all of those numbers can be true unless you've defined actuation, bottom out, or peak force in some strange way.

If the 60g spring refers to bottom out, then the bottom out force of 65g is wrong and the 35g peak force is wrong.
If the 60g spring refers to actuation, then the 45g actuation and the 35g peak force is wrong.
If the 65g bottom out is correct, then the 60g spring could be wrong, and the 35g peak force is wrong.
If the 45g actuation force is correct, then the 35g peak force is wrong, and the 60 spring could be wrong.
If the 35g peak force is correct, then none of the other values are correct.

If the 60g spring refers to the actual physical weight of the spring (which would be the strangest answer) then the actuation, peak force, and bottoming out still have the same issue of not being all simultaneously possible either.

Could you please explain which of these numbers is actually correct since it doesn't appear they all can be?
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 December 2020, 07:11:06 by ThereminGoat »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 09:17:27 »
I believe the slow wire tech he’s referring to is the way they make the injection mold.  Slow wire processing is a more accurate way to cut the molds to a high degree of precision. 

Offline ThereminGoat

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 09:33:38 »
I believe the slow wire tech he’s referring to is the way they make the injection mold.  Slow wire processing is a more accurate way to cut the molds to a high degree of precision.

I don't get how that necessarily translates into a longer production time for switches, unless he means that its longer production time for the molds. If it is a longer production time for the molds, then I guess the question is why should we care? There are already samples so its assumed those come from the molds that will be used for production.

I think its neat that we might have some manufacturing process then that is making the molds more precise, but then we also have yet to hear a single tangible difference to the switches other than "better tolerances".

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 10:06:38 »
I liked the V1s. They actually make for pretty decent tactile housings as well. Glad to see PCB mount pins on the V2. That's honestly the only "innovation" I needed to see from the V1. Looking forward to these.
WTB Resin Cast Click Clack Leaf

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 11:08:30 »
sorry :(

TREELEAF LOOK WHAT YOU DID

~~ clipped for space economy~~

I know I'm famous for 1) being a toxic ****poster and 2) not giving a single **** about switches, but the way you're going about this is really irking me.

I had a nice conversation with one of my switch manufacturer friends (not John) about this the other day:

Slow wire processing allows for a more smooth and consistent surface finish on an injection mold. As far as i know it's a VERY new piece of technology (only reached commercial level in the last year or 2) and this is likely the first switch to feature it. It also increases the life and overall quality of the mold, meaning that "batch inconsistency" (the bane of all injection molded products) should be minimized. More people want to use it, but it's very inconvenient, and I'm excited to see it here.

Slow wire is not some pseudoscience/secret thing. Just takes an age, which would likely be the cause of any delays, since we don't know if all the molds are made yet. Defining which dimensions are more precise would be a nightmare, since it's most likely all of them. Slow wire tech in general allows for better tolerances.

Instead of harassing John about it, you could have googled it, as there are many articles explaining the benefits of slow wire in clear terms.

If the mold and spring quality are up as John says they are, then it's most likely that any other switch noises should be reduced. Switch manufacturers aren't 100% sure where all the noises switches make come from, so just overall upping quality seems like a good strategy. If you're dissatisfied with the springs just change them, most people are gonna be taking them out when they lube anyway.

60g is likely the average weight distribution (which is how some springs are sold) and then the specific numbers are the force curve? not sure about this one

~~

And an aside:  The VAST majority of the work and testing I've done with Chinese factories hasn't been "please give me your tech specs," it's been more, "i'll send you a design and you tell me if you can make it." Getting specific technical information is extremely hard with any Chinese manufacturer, because it's very hard information to communicate if you don't have the specific language to do so. It's nobody's fault, that's just the nature of working across language barriers.

Knowing a lot about something doesn't necessarily mean you know a lot about how it's made. One of the reasons I only use MX blacks (of various vintage/source) and Gateron yellows is because I know I like them. I haven't the first clue about what the plastic makeup is, what the assembly process is, or any of the things we expect from modern custom switches. I just like em. I like tealios too, but they're expensive and I have a huge stash of MX blacks/Gat yellows, so I have no reason to switch.

I also want to stress heavily that manufacturers are the backbone of this community. Without manufacturers to make the things we want, we have nothing. Be nice to manufacturers, it's largely thankless work.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 December 2020, 11:37:09 by Puddsy »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline joshuarubin

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 11:28:42 »
I know I'm famous for 1) being a toxic ****poster and 2 )not giving a single **** about switches, but the way you're going about this is really irking me.

Careful there Puddsy, your reputation might be in jeopardy if you keep posting so reasonably.

Offline donny_pete

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 13:05:20 »
I told myself I wasn't going to buy anymore keeb stuff. Thanks John for making me doubt myself

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 15:29:05 »
Oh, my goodness.
Thank you for clearing this up my friend P.

Sorry John I didn't intend to hurt your feelings  :(

Now this is actually entrancing. I always like hearing about new technologies and this is an endeavor for sure. You can count me interested~

Offline Xonuss

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 16:42:03 »
Would there be a chance for EU proxy? Customs and handling fee is killing my budget and I would really like some of these switches.

Offline paperassgasket

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 18:56:34 »
I'm just here for the Wavez green colorway.
Please let the first batch be in the OP colors. PLEASE.

Offline john08099

• Velocifire MK
  • * Vendor
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 19:34:07 »
Oh, my goodness.
Thank you for clearing this up my friend P.

Sorry John I didn't intend to hurt your feelings  :(

Now this is actually entrancing. I always like hearing about new technologies and this is an endeavor for sure. You can count me interested~
I'm fine. Don't worry. Thanks for everyone's help.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 08:12:26 »
Interested to know how these would feel and sound.  Reading with interest.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline I.Hiyori

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 19:38:19 »
Interested in the switches, and also the “drama” is actually highly informative.  ;D
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 December 2020, 19:40:13 by I.Hiyori »

Offline BeachFan69

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:26:21 »
These look great!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 00:05:47 »
Interested to know how these would feel and sound.  Reading with interest.

we cooled it out in slack, theremingoat is a good dude
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 05:01:02 »
I love happy endings.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline paperassgasket

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 08:51:47 »
I love happy endings.

I really hope this is just the beginning.

Offline DasGnome

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 22:58:34 »
Finally something not JWK. I feel obligated to purchase just to fund your endeavors.

Offline john08099

• Velocifire MK
  • * Vendor
« Reply #34 on: Sun, 13 December 2020, 20:13:36 »
Finally something not JWK. I feel obligated to purchase just to fund your endeavors.
:thumb: Appreciate your help

Offline EdgeOfInfinity

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 16:45:16 »
yay R2  :)

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 16:57:47 »
I will buy it, if it is cheap.

Offline john08099

• Velocifire MK
  • * Vendor
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 20:51:02 »
It's USD $0.55 per switch :D

Offline paperassgasket

« Reply #38 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 21:07:37 »

It is cheap. I will see you in the checkout like treeleaf.

Offline Yuinth

Re: [IC]KK Light Wave Switch V2+Live Streaming and Giveaway this Wednesday
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 14:49:48 »
Interesting switch. Looking forward for the GB. Good to see innovation/different products like this coming up.

Offline john08099

• Velocifire MK
  • * Vendor
« Reply #40 on: Sun, 20 December 2020, 19:41:58 »
Interesting switch. Looking forward for the GB. Good to see innovation/different products like this coming up.
Thanks for your support! :D

Offline OJtheTiny

« Reply #41 on: Sun, 20 December 2020, 22:58:04 »
With how downright horrible the first iteration was. I'm passing on this. I hope they turn out good though, would be great to see some good non jwk linears

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline john08099

• Velocifire MK
  • * Vendor
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 21 December 2020, 05:02:19 »
With how downright horrible the first iteration was. I'm passing on this. I hope they turn out good though, would be great to see some good non jwk linears

Thanks.

Offline Jefff

• jlabs.co
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 22 December 2020, 21:57:22 »

What made the first iteration horrible? I've heard they make great housings for Halo stems, creating Holy Lightwaves

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
Re: [IC]KK Light Wave Switch V2
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 10:13:48 »
Will there be a UK or EU vendor?

Systems -
More

Keyboards -
More

Offline john08099

• Velocifire MK
  • * Vendor
Re: [IC]KK Light Wave Switch V2
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 21:14:14 »

Offline john08099

• Velocifire MK
  • * Vendor
Re: [IC]KK Light Wave Switch V2+- Final Samples and GB Time Updated
« Reply #46 on: Mon, 28 December 2020, 03:44:07 »
GB time updated  :thumb:

Offline john08099

• Velocifire MK
  • * Vendor
« Reply #47 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 19:18:48 »
GB is live now :D

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
Re: [IC]KK Light Wave Switch V2+GB is Live
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 30 December 2020, 04:23:27 »
Ordered a ton load.  Looking forward to trying these.

Systems -
More

Keyboards -
More

Offline cptblack

Re: [IC]KK Light Wave Switch V2+GB is Live
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 22:44:53 »
Hmm...might give these a go!