Author Topic: Visit to MK's Store Front  (Read 4215 times)

Offline intelli78

Visit to MK's Store Front
« on: Sat, 31 May 2014, 00:34:18 »
I am traveling in TN with my family and got a chance to visit the MK storefront. The building is actually labeled as Tiger Imports (their other business, which seems to focus on children's play vehicles, e.g., Power Wheels). It's in a quiet, mostly residential area -- definitely not a high-traffic location. No doubt that in-store sales are a tiny portion of their overall business. I got to meet 00zeRO (Justin Sweet) who showed us a bunch of keyboards including some of his customs, the new V60, and the Ducky Mini.

I ended up picking up a Ducky DK1087 with Green XM ALPS -- a barely used floor model. It's a fun keyboard that I will eventually pass on to someone in the classifieds for what I paid. My brother was interested in their leftover Pure w/ aluminum case, but Justin wanted to hang on to that so my bro ended up getting a Poker II with reds and a silver TEX case.

Here are some photos from the trip:

Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
Re: Visit to MK's Store Front
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 31 May 2014, 00:35:52 »
Very awesome! I've wanted to make the trip down for a while. Also, if you're in the market to get rid of that 1087, let me know. I've been looking for another one for a while.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 31 May 2014, 00:43:57 »
I can't even count how many keyboards are in that mini  (closet?) room... :eek: I just counted 100+ KBs/partially finished Dox/Keyboard boxes.

To think that there's even more stock hidden somewhere in the back...!
« Last Edit: Sat, 31 May 2014, 00:45:57 by Zeal »
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 31 May 2014, 03:11:14 »
Thanks for sharing!

Always nice to see where our keyboards come from :)

Interesting display idea for someone with too many keyboards :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Belfong

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 31 May 2014, 03:20:46 »
Is that a RealForce 10AE? The one with the blue mod? Is that for sale?

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 31 May 2014, 04:42:25 »

Is that a RealForce 10AE? The one with the blue mod? Is that for sale?

That's a Ducky.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 31 May 2014, 06:46:34 »
I'm only 3 hours from these guys I need to make a trip down one of these days.

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 13:49:38 »
I can't even count how many keyboards are in that mini  (closet?) room... :eek: I just counted 100+ KBs/partially finished Dox/Keyboard boxes.

To think that there's even more stock hidden somewhere in the back...!

That was just our keyboard showroom. The only 'stock' we keep there is a limited amount of Vortex's. The boxes above are empty. They all are for the keyboards on display below.

I'm only 3 hours from these guys I need to make a trip down one of these days.

You probably will, but then again, for the money you could just buy another keyboard instead of spending your money on all that gas... :thumb:
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 13:53:03 »
I am traveling in TN with my family and got a chance to visit the MK storefront. The building is actually labeled as Tiger Imports (their other business, which seems to focus on children's play vehicles, e.g., Power Wheels). It's in a quiet, mostly residential area -- definitely not a high-traffic location. No doubt that in-store sales are a tiny portion of their overall business. I got to meet 00zeRO (Justin Sweet) who showed us a bunch of keyboards including some of his customs, the new V60, and the Ducky Mini.

I ended up picking up a Ducky DK1087 with Green XM ALPS -- a barely used floor model. It's a fun keyboard that I will eventually pass on to someone in the classifieds for what I paid. My brother was interested in their leftover Pure w/ aluminum case, but Justin wanted to hang on to that so my bro ended up getting a Poker II with reds and a silver TEX case.

Here are some photos from the trip:

Always great to have a fellow GeekHacker here to show off our goods (even the keyboards we are not willing to sell  :p). By the way, I forgot to show the custom one I made for Shaker (our leader extraordinaire): Ducky Yellow Edition Shine 3 with Purple Shine II keycaps! LSU Tigers colors all the way...
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 05 June 2014, 18:02:41 »
I want one of those LSU Duckys so bad....Intelli78, did you get to see the warehouse? It's incredible. Glad to see others are going to MK.com's storefront. :D

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 06 June 2014, 13:57:11 »
I want one of those LSU Duckys so bad....

Get in line there fancy pants!

As some who actually graduated from there, I'm calling dibs!  :p

Offline Sduck

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 02:20:57 »
I visited the store a year and a half ago or so, pretty much by accident - happened to drive through Fairview, and remembered that they were there. Initially I was sure I was in the wrong place, but they showed me the keyboard closet, and were very friendly in showing me around. I didn't know what I wanted, only knew I had a razer blackwidow that didn't work very well with my mac. They showed me a few things, and I ended up leaving with a ducky shine 2 78. Since then I've bought another shine 2 and a shine 3, and even won one of their every 500 contests - got a topre keyboard that my wife loves! Great store, great business, great people!
x3