Author Topic: Kinesis shift key problems.  (Read 3215 times)

fossala

Kinesis shift key problems.
« on: Sat, 31 December 2011, 12:44:04 »
With my right shift it only works for the first characters and not subsequent ones. Any ideas?

fossala

« Reply #1 on: Sat, 31 December 2011, 14:27:43 »
Fixed it by resting the controller, any ideas how I enabled it?

Offline sordna

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 31 December 2011, 16:45:01 »
You enabled the sticky keys feature! Search the manual for "sticky keys". If you hold a modifier (ie the right shift), Program, and F6, the particular shift you held becomes intentionally "sticky", allowing you for example to type capital letters while pushing only 1 key at a time. Making Shift sticky is not that useful when you have Caps Lock, but the feature can be more useful for the Control keys, so you can do things like Control-C with a single finger. Some operating systems have this accessibility feature as well, I think on windows it's turned on if you press Shift 5 times in a row or something.

Anyway, just repeat the same modifier+Program+F6 combo to undo it.
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

fossala

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 01 January 2012, 05:59:17 »
Thanks must of hit f6 instead of f5 when changing the layout for my brother to use the board.