Author Topic: [Solved] KBT Race II Keyboard acting strange?  (Read 1437 times)

Offline eoteon

[Solved] KBT Race II Keyboard acting strange?
« on: Sat, 31 May 2014, 19:17:34 »
Solved: The switch I soldered in caused a bridged connection due to too much solder(i'm not good at it yet). I've since soldered in the switch again and everything is working fine.

I got a KBT Race 2 with cherry MX Red switches today and a few blue switchesin the mail. I popped off the switch for the tilde key and installed a blue switch fine, but for the 1 key next to it I messed up and broke the metal contact prong for the switch and the LED, so I took it apart and soldered in an entire switch, everything was working fine after I put it together and plugged it in. I was exploring how to turn on the LEDS and accidentally went into programming mode and something weird happened, now the only thing that works is the windows key, the alt key, Fn, Toggle, Pn and I can turn the keyboard LED's On/OFF and control the dim. When I hit the windows key it opens everything on my taskbar and starts spamming "`12345`12345`12345" until I press the windows key again. When I re-enter programming mode and press another key to initialize that I want to program that key, nothing happens and the Pn key will blink endlessly until I re-plug the keyboard again. I've also done the factory reset with Fn+R several times but it does nothing. Anyone know what I should do?
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 June 2014, 13:52:50 by eoteon »

Offline qwack

Re: KBT Race II Keyboard acting strange?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 01 June 2014, 06:54:54 »
Is there not a DIP switch under the keyboard to perform a hard reset ?

Pure Pro w/MX Red - [review]

Offline eoteon

Re: KBT Race II Keyboard acting strange?
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 01 June 2014, 08:39:16 »
Is there not a DIP switch under the keyboard to perform a hard reset ?

There is a DIP switch with 4 settings in the back but the manual doesn't say anything about a hard reset. Sorry i'm new to mechanical keyboards, and there's nothing on the internet about fixing Race 2 Keyboards.
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 June 2014, 08:48:06 by eoteon »