Author Topic: Gateron silent Switches!  (Read 6859 times)

Offline HotRoderX

Gateron silent Switches!
« on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 02:40:05 »
I was wondering has anyone else been eyeing these on KBDfan's? https://kbdfans.cn/collections/group-buy/products/pre-orderkbdfans-exclusive-gateron-silent-switch-red-brown-blak

I am already a huge huge fan of Gateron blacks! like there my favorite switch... and the thought of having them silenced! just seems like adding icing to the cake. I am really thinking about pulling the trigger and ordering a set. Then using them on the Tada 68 I want to build! with custom LED's and all. I was wondering anyone else thinking about them and if ya are what projects you thinking about using them in?

The only thing stopping me from jumping right this very moment is the fact got a bag of Kailh box black switches I have no idea what to do with. I need to try and find a SMB board like the Zeal board to use them on for lighting! cause I like having lighting on my boards just adds a bit of flair and oooo factor.

Offline Targa-TV

Re: Gateron silent Switches!
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 17 September 2017, 02:56:49 »
Gateron Silents are so new, I don't think you'll find many people who tried them yet. Buy a bag and review them!
Filco MJ2 Black - MX Red | VA88M - MX Brown | Cherry G80-3000 -
  MX Blue | Cherry G80-3000 - MX Black | XD75re - MX Silent Red

[image]http://i.imgur.com/our8YUc.png[/image]

Offline ygor

• eat a butt, monkey lord
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 17 September 2017, 03:15:55 »
Do I spy a silent tactile there? OoOooo...
I generally hate all keycaps. Keycaps are for poofs. Real men touchtype on stems. Non-functional artisans are awesome, I use them for the ESC key ... escape is for cowards anyways, real men go frontal assault.

Offline Rodde

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 17 September 2017, 21:10:19 »
The tactile silents are definitely interesting. The only other properly silent non-linear switches that I can find are the ones made by Matias.

Offline psiclone

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 13:55:47 »
Have you tried using a Gateron Yellow with a Zealencio silencing clip?  It's linear, but it's damn quiet.

Offline mnm

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 14:23:55 »
Just tested some silent browns that came throught the post yesterday. The silent part is true and works well. But, I found the ones I received very scratchy. It's unpleasent and unusable in my opinion. Too bad, it was a nice idea.

Offline klennkellon

• I like bottoming out
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 18:06:01 »
Just tested some silent browns that came throught the post yesterday. The silent part is true and works well. But, I found the ones I received very scratchy. It's unpleasent and unusable in my opinion. Too bad, it was a nice idea.
they appear to be using gateron SMD housings, which are much scratchier and not as good as the black bottomed gaterons. I bet if you transplant the slider into another housing it will feel much better.

Offline _haru

• Formerly linuxfanatic
  • Back from the dead
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 18:32:06 »
From what I have heard these aren't very good. They have pretty bad sticking issues, according to some people on r/mk.
AMJ60 - 45g MX White | GH60 Rev. C - Ghost Gateron Blacks | DFK101 - Alps SKCM Cream | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL - 62g Vintage MX Ergo Clear