Author Topic: [IC] EnjoyPBT Spectrum : In stock at kbd fans, soonTM for the other proxies  (Read 56918 times)

Offline rockydbull

Re: [IC] EnjoyPBT Spectrum COLOR SAMPLES ARE HERE !
« Reply #150 on: Wed, 20 May 2020, 08:49:07 »
Hm, if it is always reproduced - would it solve the peoples concerns if they always could pre-order the kits (and they feel like in a gb ... a never ending gb ;) )

Because yes, it would be annoying to see the sold out sign, then it is available for a day, and then gone again for some time

So a preorder option with the vendors would be nice, and maybe would also help vendors/epbt to plan the next production run

My concern is that it won't be reproduced continually (especially child kits). I don't see how preorders are any better than groupbuys (which are essentially preorders). Running multiple preorders would just be multiple rounds of groupbuys.

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #151 on: Wed, 20 May 2020, 13:43:10 »
Hm, if it is always reproduced - would it solve the peoples concerns if they always could pre-order the kits (and they feel like in a gb ... a never ending gb ;) )

Because yes, it would be annoying to see the sold out sign, then it is available for a day, and then gone again for some time

So a preorder option with the vendors would be nice, and maybe would also help vendors/epbt to plan the next production run

My concern is that it won't be reproduced continually (especially child kits). I don't see how preorders are any better than groupbuys (which are essentially preorders). Running multiple preorders would just be multiple rounds of groupbuys.

Exactly, but from a vendors perspective it would make sense - as it is a nice pull system without risking too much unsold kits. 

Just producing the kits in a random amount doesn‘t make sense to me.  And producing things one time ...

Otherwise the term „in stock“ would be pretty useless.   

So i have some trust in enjoy and the vendors and just hope that its available for everyone in a reasonable amount of time

€dit: the advantage of pre-orders for me is this: you roughly know the demand for the next production batch. You just order. X % more for the in stock items and are fine until next time

And with this sets - its so versatile that it rally makes sense to have a longer run. with a one time gb i think aftermarket will go crazy
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 May 2020, 13:46:32 by Hell-es »

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #152 on: Wed, 20 May 2020, 14:11:26 »

Exactly, but from a vendors perspective it would make sense - as it is a nice pull system without risking too much unsold kits. 

Just producing the kits in a random amount doesn‘t make sense to me.  And producing things one time ...

Otherwise the term „in stock“ would be pretty useless.   

So i have some trust in enjoy and the vendors and just hope that its available for everyone in a reasonable amount of time

€dit: the advantage of pre-orders for me is this: you roughly know the demand for the next production batch. You just order. X % more for the in stock items and are fine until next time

And with this sets - its so versatile that it rally makes sense to have a longer run. with a one time gb i think aftermarket will go crazy

All of the advantages you cite for a preorder would be true of an unlimited groupbuy. You can do multiple runs of an unlimited groupbuy. Instead, with preorders there will be limited spots to be filled each round, creating a potential of multiple rounds going by that are extremely hard to get into. The only advantage for preorders I see is for the vendor because it caps the amount of product that has to be sorted and shipped per round.

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #153 on: Wed, 20 May 2020, 14:20:28 »
Maybe i‘m just too optimistic ;). Would there be a big advantage in limiting quantities for each round ? Shouldn‘t the margin get better with higher production quantities as overall cost/kit decline?

Wouldn‘t the producer just limit it if the production schedule is just already too full?

€dit: maybe we are drifting too much into evonomics  ;D

Enjoy  :thumb: still waiting on this to start

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #154 on: Wed, 20 May 2020, 20:24:50 »
Maybe i‘m just too optimistic ;). Would there be a big advantage in limiting quantities for each round ? Shouldn‘t the margin get better with higher production quantities as overall cost/kit decline?

Wouldn‘t the producer just limit it if the production schedule is just already too full?

€dit: maybe we are drifting too much into evonomics  ;D

Enjoy  :thumb: still waiting on this to start

I honestly do not see an advantage (at least on the buyer side). It is claimed to help people with money, but I don't see how since the buy could just be delayed (though I do not see the economy recovering any time soon for most people). Perhaps it is a production schedule issue. I know other sets will be running around the same time in unlimited GB like CoolKids.

Offline keyboardkrill

« Reply #155 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 18:23:05 »
Really looking forward to this set! Thanks for all the hard work and communication! I did notice that the KBD Fans IC doesn't include all the kits listed here or a link to this thread. Would you mind helping get that updated? I think it may be helpful for some of the folks who are less familiar with geekhack.

Offline dennismdc

« Reply #156 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 21:32:37 »
This set is a big yes for me!  :thumb:

I hope it reaches the group buy

Offline syke

« Reply #157 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 23:47:04 »
subbed

Offline tunb

« Reply #158 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 23:50:02 »
Nice, when groupbuy ?

Offline tunb

« Reply #159 on: Thu, 04 June 2020, 01:44:55 »
Suggest add Shift 1u, Shift 2u

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #160 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 17:20:44 »
Really looking forward to this set! Thanks for all the hard work and communication! I did notice that the KBD Fans IC doesn't include all the kits listed here or a link to this thread. Would you mind helping get that updated? I think it may be helpful for some of the folks who are less familiar with geekhack.

Thanks, I’ll tell them to change it !

Reminder to the people asking. The kits won’t change (for this round) and it’s not a groupbuy, everything will be in stock, ready to ship !

I’ll post updates when I’ll have some, hope you’re all doing great :)

Offline gaiden

« Reply #161 on: Sun, 05 July 2020, 16:30:28 »
Any new updates?  :)

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #162 on: Sun, 05 July 2020, 18:47:07 »
Yes!!!!this has me feeling like I enjoy not having $$$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #163 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 10:33:21 »
Set is in production, should be in stock for september :)

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #164 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 12:58:09 »
Great, when will we be able to purchase it?

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #165 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 13:11:30 »
Great, when will we be able to purchase it?

If i would guess ... erm ... September  :cool:

Great news - count me in on - everything  :thumb:

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #166 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 14:47:36 »
Thanks, need to make sure I join KBD's waitlist!!!

Offline keyboardkrill

« Reply #167 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 03:28:12 »
Great news. Already planning which board to put this on.

Offline Phazis

« Reply #168 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 07:16:00 »
IMO some serious milkshake vibes. Love ePBT ABS but will definitely have to try this!

Offline soloplayer

« Reply #169 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 21:44:36 »
is it dead yet? :(

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #170 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 06:09:40 »
Love it; looking forward to buying this set!

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #171 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 06:32:48 »
Hey guys, sorry for the lack of update.

the set was delayed because spacebars were re-made with new ePBT molds because they had "banana" problems.

Everything is done besides the spacebar kit (I'm waiting on set/pictures to show you) we just want to make it perfect considering that it's an in stock item.

It should be in sale for october, worst scenario very early november.

Take care, and thanks for your support,

Enjoy.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #172 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 08:27:45 »
Thanks [mention]EnjoyMyInSec [/mention] , this gives me more of a reason to be ready to buy on release!

Offline fatalruin

« Reply #173 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 16:54:16 »
Any updates for November by chance?

Offline pandaman97

« Reply #174 on: Tue, 17 November 2020, 10:23:28 »
Any chance can you add 2u Spacebar in Additive Kit  :-[ Anw very nice set  :thumb: Definitely in!!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #175 on: Tue, 17 November 2020, 12:36:40 »
The renders look "too-white" to be CP—we all know that CP is more yellow.

Offline EnjoyMyInSec

• 60% or bust
« Reply #176 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 13:59:48 »
Hi guys, quick update, the set is actually in stock at kbdfans.
Other proxies being candykeys and Apex keyboard will follow as soon as they get their sets.

Thanks for your support.

Ill provide personnal pics as soon as I have the set in my hands :) !

Offline Chippie

Re: [IC] EnjoyPBT Spectrum : In stock at kbd fans, soonTM for the other proxies
« Reply #177 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 10:59:59 »
Can't wait to see the real life set! I really want to get it but I want to see how white / yellow this set is compared to other ePBT sets that I have (ePBT 9009 and Black Japanese set). Looking forward to seeing it here / instagram!

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #178 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 15:44:32 »
Please make it cheap epbt pricing, I dont want to pay over 100 thanks
Looks good

Treeleaf approved but No numpad support in base kit makes him unhappy

treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline noodleman

« Reply #179 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 16:59:27 »
Looks good

https://kbdfans.com/products/icepbt-x-enjoymyinsec-spectrum-pbt-keycaps-set?_pos=1&_sid=3279d73cc&_ss=r

it's in stock right now.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #180 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 17:43:54 »
Looks good

https://kbdfans.com/products/icepbt-x-enjoymyinsec-spectrum-pbt-keycaps-set?_pos=1&_sid=3279d73cc&_ss=r

it's in stock right now.

Yay! I won't buy it cause I prefer beige, but it's still nice
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #181 on: Tue, 22 December 2020, 11:34:29 »
Just got shipping notification so this seems to be finally moving

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #182 on: Fri, 25 December 2020, 15:39:23 »
Just got my set and the font seems different than the prototype pictures. Alphas are a lot more bold and modifiers seem to have a larger font. Was that intentional?

Offline vsrnth

« Reply #183 on: Fri, 25 December 2020, 20:09:12 »
Just got my set and the font seems different than the prototype pictures. Alphas are a lot more bold and modifiers seem to have a larger font. Was that intentional?
Please post the pics.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #184 on: Fri, 25 December 2020, 21:31:21 »
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/kk5wqs/epbt_spectrum_just_arrived/

here is a thread with a board showing the set and in the comments I put an example of the Q key being different.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #185 on: Fri, 25 December 2020, 21:53:51 »
It would be interesting to see the mods' legends.

Offline Shorle

I'm not sure "review" style posts are apreciated in IC / GB threads but I didn't find any contradicting rules. If this is considered wrong please correct, meanwhile here is at least something for you.
263486-0 263488-1

Regarding the quality of the ePBT Spectrum caps I am confused about some dimples on the northe side of the caps and some bumps on the sharp bottom side (i.e. FN key above).
Do all ePBT sets have these dimples and are those injection spots from production or from handling the caps with sharp robotic machines?
263490-2

Offline hammerbrotha

I'm not sure "review" style posts are apreciated in IC / GB threads but I didn't find any contradicting rules. If this is considered wrong please correct, meanwhile here is at least something for you.
(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

Regarding the quality of the ePBT Spectrum caps I am confused about some dimples on the northe side of the caps and some bumps on the sharp bottom side (i.e. FN key above).
Do all ePBT sets have these dimples and are those injection spots from production or from handling the caps with sharp robotic machines?
(Attachment Link)
Yes, all epbt (and GMK) have these sprue marks on the north side of the caps. It's part of the manufacturing process.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Offline Shorle

Yes, all epbt (and GMK) have these sprue marks on the north side of the caps. It's part of the manufacturing process. [/quote]
Wow, I am shocked, especially if even GMK has them ... I mean even low key OEM and small time manufacturers realised it's better to inject from the bottom.
With a community with a high standard as ours, that often obsesses over small imperfections in print and non-restrictive warping of keys, I assumed those high cost keycaps were actually better, especially GMK ones...

Offline rockydbull

Yes, all epbt (and GMK) have these sprue marks on the north side of the caps. It's part of the manufacturing process.

Wow, I am shocked, especially if even GMK has them ... I mean even low key OEM and small time manufacturers realised it's better to inject from the bottom.
With a community with a high standard as ours, that often obsesses over small imperfections in print and non-restrictive warping of keys, I assumed those high cost keycaps were actually better, especially GMK ones...
[/quote]

There might be a functional reason for this. I also see many more of those cheap caps have stem issues (possibly from where it is injected). I would much rather a sprue mark than a mishappen stem.