Author Topic: Tanning Salon ?  (Read 1745 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Tanning Salon ?
« on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 13:35:32 »
Any Tan geekhackers ?

I've never understood why people go to these.  And for some of them, they come out really dark..  Whuddup wit dat..

Is it a fashion ?

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
Re: Tanning Salon ?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 13:38:56 »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 13:41:26 »
I think we should all pitch in a few bucks so noisyturtle can go to a tanning salon and do a review on it.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 13:41:41 »
i go tanning but i wear a tshirt only when i do it. This makes me look like a farmer and i pretend i work hard. Another benefit is that my downstairs area gets really dark and i pretend i have a bbc. My hand is tricked, mostly.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 13:42:31 »
Show Image

Are you trying to say, Tan people become President ?

Hahahahahahahahhahahah

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 13 June 2017, 13:19:28 »
Do Asian people even go tanning? I feel like the social tendency is towards the opposite. Pale as can be, aside from ganguro girls that aren't really a thing anymore and were fake tanned.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 13 June 2017, 18:08:57 »
ganguro girls

oh my god i googled it

nightmares await me
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 13 June 2017, 18:42:35 »
Being from Arizona I'm surprised there is a market for them here. It's sunny for at least 80% of the year and depending on where you are in the state the average summer temp is 115F(46C).

I have no knowledge of how they work. Is it getting a tan without the crazy heat? That could make sense but I still think it's ridiculous when you can just go outside with minimal clothing most of the year and tan up.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 13 June 2017, 18:47:18 »
Do Asian people even go tanning? I feel like the social tendency is towards the opposite. Pale as can be, aside from ganguro girls that aren't really a thing anymore and were fake tanned.

there's quite a few here, as there's a lot of beaches

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 13 June 2017, 19:32:54 »
Being from Arizona I'm surprised there is a market for them here. It's sunny for at least 80% of the year and depending on where you are in the state the average summer temp is 115F(46C).

I have no knowledge of how they work. Is it getting a tan without the crazy heat? That could make sense but I still think it's ridiculous when you can just go outside with minimal clothing most of the year and tan up.

On my way home, I went to one that was next to my takeout place to ask the cashier whuddup.

They got 2 types,

Spray tan , is usually for spontaneous necessities, such as sudden weddings, or meetups.. lasts ~2 showers or so.

The Regular tan in the machine is what most people get is for a 2 to 3 weeks tan effectiveness.

Apparently the Purpose, is Mostly cosmetic.

Tanning hides blemishes, evens out skin tone, and for many people with acne problems, it mitigates acne temporarily to some extent..

She said 80% of the customers are female,  it'd make sense that that's what they'd be after.. females haz lots more pressure on looks.. 

no one cares what TP looks like.. hahahaha