Author Topic: The Vape Thread!  (Read 464678 times)

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
Re: The Vape Thread!
« Reply #600 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 18:33:28 »
the tugboxes are so nice. I had a difficult time finding a build i thoroughly enjoyed on it though. The button is what really drives it home... so clicky.

havent posted here in a while, my desk is a mess.

Show Image

official problem

Between keyboards, vaping, and smoking my desk and desk adjacent have collected some clutter.  :))

Have you tried the tugbox with an RTA? I was thinking of buying one for it.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #601 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 19:38:02 »
I got a Sigelei 100w Plus with an Authentic Vertex, my favorite build is twisted 26 paralleled with 24 gauge.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #602 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 20:15:44 »
Was looking for a Rebuildable, and was looking to grab the Youde Goblin Mini, some nickel wire and some cotton.

My question is, since my box detects the resistance automatically, do i need to buy something that tests before hand? Or will i be good, to make the coil/wick it, and the screw just the bottom on to see the resistance?

If your box tests the resistance I don't think you'll need to test beforehand, I wrap for mechs and unless I know it'll be below 0.15ohms I don't test mine.

I would think I would be able to guess the resistance by look after a few. I just wanted to be sure.

Thanks Joey  :thumb:

This should help you out

http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp

Offline TimIsABat

• MX Clears are life
    • Instagram
« Reply #603 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 21:28:03 »
Was looking for a Rebuildable, and was looking to grab the Youde Goblin Mini, some nickel wire and some cotton.

My question is, since my box detects the resistance automatically, do i need to buy something that tests before hand? Or will i be good, to make the coil/wick it, and the screw just the bottom on to see the resistance?

If your box tests the resistance I don't think you'll need to test beforehand, I wrap for mechs and unless I know it'll be below 0.15ohms I don't test mine.

I would think I would be able to guess the resistance by look after a few. I just wanted to be sure.

This should help you out

Good for a guesstimate, but don't rely on this solely.
Leopold FC660M MX Reds | Poker X 62g  Ergoclear modded and plate modded (out of comission) | IBM Model M 1391401 | Dell AT101 | Compaq RT101 | HHKB Pro 2 | WASD CODE TKL MX Clears

Avid vape collector and advocate. I used to work at to renowned vape shops here in New Jersey. Message me for any vape related questions.

Main driver : WASD CODE TKL MX Clear

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #604 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 22:23:05 »

This should help you out

Good for a guesstimate, but don't rely on this solely.

The only builds I've tested have been done so on my friends IPV3 and have all been within 0.02 Ω of the calculations.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #605 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 09:19:59 »
Got my authentic tuglyfe box today, I know some people don't like the splatter but it matches my 454 big block so I'm happy.

(Attachment Link)

I don't actually have a build in the 454 because it leaks all the time so for now I'm using my velocity with it.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

the tugboxes are so nice. I had a difficult time finding a build i thoroughly enjoyed on it though. The button is what really drives it home... so clicky.

havent posted here in a while, my desk is a mess.

Show Image

official problem

Love seeing the keypuller and your stickers on the juice bottles!

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #606 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 20:32:23 »
I see you have a haze dripper I almost bought one the other night but the price tag made me hesitate  :eek: im really trying to find something small and compact I can run a single coil build in with emphasis on flavor.(which from the sounds of it the haze is all about) I like vapor production but chucking the biggest clouds isn't a big deal for me. All of my mods are single battery devices (i like em small) so I want something that isn't going to drain my battery in an hour. Anything over 45 watts that isn't temp controlled destroys my batteries.

Anyways anyone that has a haze please let me know your thoughts and if you feel it's worth the price tag(I'm not a huge fan of clones so the tobeco haze really isn't an option although for $20 it is tempting)thanks all and vape on
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline TimIsABat

• MX Clears are life
    • Instagram
« Reply #607 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 00:49:28 »
So recently I just lost my job but I got my last paycheck and decided, "You know what!? I am going to go for my last hardware purchase ever now". So I decided to pick up the Efusion DNA200 by Lost Vape and a Zenith RDTA by Science of Vaping.

All in all, a $278 purchase from VaporDNA.  I tried out my friends Hobo DNA 200 and I loved it, so why not!? Gonna throw in either a SS or Ni200 build and go nuts. Just need to purchase some more juice (RONIN FTW), and I'm all set. Bank account gonna take a hit but I'm sure to get a higher paying job than working at a vape store.
Leopold FC660M MX Reds | Poker X 62g  Ergoclear modded and plate modded (out of comission) | IBM Model M 1391401 | Dell AT101 | Compaq RT101 | HHKB Pro 2 | WASD CODE TKL MX Clears

Avid vape collector and advocate. I used to work at to renowned vape shops here in New Jersey. Message me for any vape related questions.

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #608 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 08:33:51 »
Damn Tim, thats one hell of a set up!

Also, sorry to hear about your job, thats never fun.
B.Face HHKB - B.mini - Black/Purple Custom

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #609 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 16:01:28 »
Vape mail from the past couple of days

2x180ml bottles of one hit wonders milk man (almost halfway done with one already haha definitely my ADV)

1x120ml of  Cuttwoods Unicorn Milk

3x30ml of Revolutions Broadway E juice(love this stuff)

Coils for my UWell Crown and tvf4 minis although I mainly use the RBA Sections in both they are nice when your feeling lazy

1x Youde Bellus RDTA (excellent flavor and one of my new faves unfortunately needs MOAR AIRFLOW )
Rrr
1x Smok TVF4 Mini sub ohm tank in black (I already have one in stainless but IMO its one of the best subohm tanks there is amazing flavor,RBA Section etc etc my biggest nitpick is the size of the tank 3.5ml is too small)

1x Velocity Mini Cline from tobeco (have dual Clapton's in it right now and have been vaping it the past 2 days and i am pleasantly surprised at the taste and vapor production however it is pushing the limits of my evic minis power and draining the battery crazy fast....makes me wish I could find the authentic velocity as the clone isn't horrible )

1x Giant bag of Japanese organic cotton

2x rolls of different gauge Clapton wire

Youde v2 Coil Jig (should have gone for the v3 as the v2 works but nothing Great

Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline bubbedi

« Reply #610 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 16:26:35 »

2x180ml bottles of one hit wonders milk man (almost halfway done with one already haha definitely my ADV)

Coils for my UWell Crown and tvf4 minis although I mainly use the RBA Sections in both they are nice when your feeling lazy

1x Youde Bellus RDTA (excellent flavor and one of my new faves unfortunately needs MOAR AIRFLOW )
Rrr
1x Smok TVF4 Mini sub ohm tank in black (I already have one in stainless but IMO its one of the best subohm tanks there is amazing flavor,RBA Section etc etc my biggest nitpick is the size of the tank 3.5ml is too small)

1x Velocity Mini Cline from tobeco (have dual Clapton's in it right now and have been vaping it the past 2 days and i am pleasantly surprised at the taste and vapor production however it is pushing the limits of my evic minis power and draining the battery crazy fast....makes me wish I could find the authentic velocity as the clone isn't horrible )

Youde v2 Coil Jig (should have gone for the v3 as the v2 works but nothing Great

What an order! I'm jealous of the access of to all these american liquids. It's hard for me to get a hold of in Denmark. At least from the same shop.

I think the Smok TVF4 will be my next tank. Right now I use the Kangertech SUBtank mini.

Do you know how these compare to one another? My RBA does not have much room to build but I do not know what the standard is. I'm use Clapton wire as well, 26ga + 32ga, I see that yours is 28. Wonder how much difference it makes.

Grats on the arrival of your order - really looking like a solid goody bag :)

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #611 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 17:36:47 »

Rrr

Big mail week sed!  :thumb:

32g kanthal has still been a pain in my ass, it was exploding again out of the spool when I was trying to wrap my claptons, even with the tamer.  >:D

Tried out the Sweet Dreams Earl Grey/Melatonin e-juice from vaporboost last night since I ran out of Royal Milk Tea from Sweet Spot Vapors..  I don't know if it worked or I was just tired but I'll try it out for a bit.  :))  If I like it I might get another aromamizer rdta and just dedicate 1 to this juice  :))

Have Taro/Ube and Strawberry Lavender flavors coming in from the vape kitchen that I'm pretty excited to get (especially the taro)

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #612 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 14:20:58 »

Rrr

What an order! I'm jealous of the access of to all these american liquids. It's hard for me to get a hold of in Denmark. At least from the same shop.

I think the Smok TVF4 will be my next tank. Right now I use the Kangertech SUBtank mini.

Do you know how these compare to one another? My RBA does not have much room to build but I do not know what the standard is. I'm use Clapton wire as well, 26ga + 32ga, I see that yours is 28. Wonder how much difference it makes.

Grats on the arrival of your order - really looking like a solid goody bag :)

Build deck is a bit wonky, but better than the subtank's.  Muchmuchmuch more airflow with the tfv4.

I like that parallel clapton roll, btw. Also, you said they were different gauge but they look the same to me.

Offline jaffers

« Reply #613 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 14:39:09 »
Just picked up some BLACK N BLUE from house of vape, here is the description

A devilish mix of blueberries and grapes, is hosted by, a full on aniseed candy kick, underlined by a refreshing menthol exhale.

In other news I put WAY too much menthol concentrate in my mix and now I can barely lung inhale it....

Offline bubbedi

« Reply #614 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 15:42:36 »

Build deck is a bit wonky, but better than the subtank's.  Muchmuchmuch more airflow with the tfv4.

I like that parallel clapton roll, btw. Also, you said they were different gauge but they look the same to me.

Okay. I'm not sure what to get next to replace my subtank. I like the subtank alot, but I have nothing to compare it with really, only the nano, but it lacks a RBA - which i enjoy playing with.

Oh, and if anyone knows about Nicoticket e-Juice, i will remind you of the 50% off discount sale going on atm.
Quality liquid and a fully transparent company in regards of what their juices contain.

The stuff I can vouch for, is the desert juices. I have not gone over every juice yet, but so far they just have not disappointed me.

Grandma's cinnamon Danish: The cinnamon is dominant in this one, but coupled with that bakery dough it all adds up to a cinnamon based cake. This + coffee = a delicious combination, especially in the morning.

Got cookie?: Their take on a chocolate cookie juice. I'm pretty sure people are biased on this one, since the chocolate is not really chocolate, but the cocoa is definitely present and when it's paired with the sugary cookie (one on the inhale and other on exhale) I find it really delicious.

Frenilla: Sweet as hell vanilla. Very tasty. My brother could not stand it though, so this one is towards the sweet tooth. Easily an all day vape if you got a sweet tooth.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #615 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 17:01:43 »

Okay. I'm not sure what to get next to replace my subtank. I like the subtank alot, but I have nothing to compare it with really, only the nano, but it lacks a RBA - which i enjoy playing with.

Oh, and if anyone knows about Nicoticket e-Juice, i will remind you of the 50% off discount sale going on atm.
Quality liquid and a fully transparent company in regards of what their juices contain.

The stuff I can vouch for, is the desert juices. I have not gone over every juice yet, but so far they just have not disappointed me.

Grandma's cinnamon Danish: The cinnamon is dominant in this one, but coupled with that bakery dough it all adds up to a cinnamon based cake. This + coffee = a delicious combination, especially in the morning.

Got cookie?: Their take on a chocolate cookie juice. I'm pretty sure people are biased on this one, since the chocolate is not really chocolate, but the cocoa is definitely present and when it's paired with the sugary cookie (one on the inhale and other on exhale) I find it really delicious.

Frenilla: Sweet as hell vanilla. Very tasty. My brother could not stand it though, so this one is towards the sweet tooth. Easily an all day vape if you got a sweet tooth.
im really enjoying RDTA's right now I have the
 Aromamizer-
 its got some quirks but a really solid choice comes in 3ml and 6ml variants very nice build feel however it pricier then the other variants nice flavor and better airflow then the bellus.
-Youde Bellus
 it feels a little cheap but again its got really good flavor a 5ml tank it has an insert so you can close off the deck for single coil builds but unfortunately it cuts the air flow in half. For $25 shipped its a pretty solid choice and i feel does everything the aromimizer does (a bit differently albeit) and is $20 cheaper.
The Bellow v2
 this RDTA is freaking amazing! great build quality great flavor lots of build flexibility I think this is my new favorite RDTA and you can get it at eciggity for $35 shipped.

Now the Smok tvf4 mini is what I would go for if I wanted a sub ohm tank that also has an RBA. Build quality is freaking top notch it does not leak has amazing flavor and chucks like a champ. It has a lot of coil options however they are a bit pricy ! One good thing is I'm still going 3 weeks strong on one of the pre built coils it has a bunch of extras and is currently my favorite subohm tank. My only nitpick is the fairly small tank size of 3.5ml and the fact the pre made coils drink ejuice like an alcoholic guzzling natty ice. I have a single coil build on my RBA on the mini dialed in @25watts and its sipping juice and yet has great flavor and decent vapor.

I have the regular tvf4 and it leaks and has other issues the mini IMO is a much better choice.

There are so many other setups I really want to try right now one being the haze dripper the zenith and the vapeston Magnus ni.

Oh one more thing I officially hate vaping on nickel or titanium ughhhhhhhh to tell you the truth I have found that the only TC vape I like is Stainless Steel the others taste funny or just don't give me the warmth and thickness I like in a vape.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #616 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 17:03:02 »

Oh one more thing I officially hate vaping on nickel or titanium ughhhhhhhh to tell you the truth I have found that the only TC vape I like is Stainless Steel the others taste funny or just don't give me the warmth and thickness I like in a vape.

I agree whole-heartedly with this.  I didn't like TC at all until I tried with SS

Offline TimIsABat

• MX Clears are life
    • Instagram
« Reply #617 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 18:28:11 »
So my Efusion DNA 200 came in with my SOV Zenith RDTA, and I go to build the Zenith, when I notice that there is no top nut for the center post (if you don't know what that is, it is what holds the wire on the positive post). I was so excited to be disappointed right away.

Offline bubbedi

« Reply #618 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 04:31:18 »
 Aromamizer-
 its got some quirks but a really solid choice comes in 3ml and 6ml variants very nice build feel however it pricier then the other variants nice flavor and better airflow then the bellus.
-Youde Bellus
 it feels a little cheap but again its got really good flavor a 5ml tank it has an insert so you can close off the deck for single coil builds but unfortunately it cuts the air flow in half. For $25 shipped its a pretty solid choice and i feel does everything the aromimizer does (a bit differently albeit) and is $20 cheaper.
The Bellow v2
 this RDTA is freaking amazing! great build quality great flavor lots of build flexibility I think this is my new favorite RDTA and you can get it at eciggity for $35 shipped.

Now the Smok tvf4 mini is what I would go for if I wanted a sub ohm tank that also has an RBA. Build quality is freaking top notch it does not leak has amazing flavor and chucks like a champ. It has a lot of coil options however they are a bit pricy ! One good thing is I'm still going 3 weeks strong on one of the pre built coils it has a bunch of extras and is currently my favorite subohm tank. My only nitpick is the fairly small tank size of 3.5ml and the fact the pre made coils drink ejuice like an alcoholic guzzling natty ice. I have a single coil build on my RBA on the mini dialed in @25watts and its sipping juice and yet has great flavor and decent vapor.

I have the regular tvf4 and it leaks and has other issues the mini IMO is a much better choice.

There are so many other setups I really want to try right now one being the haze dripper the zenith and the vapeston Magnus ni.

Alright thanks for the enlightenment. An RDTA is what i will be getting next, no doubt. I just saw that you can get the Billow v2, the one I believe you mentioned, in a NANO version(or just a kit for the regular, to transform it at low cost - neat!).
Im quite certain that I will be getting the nano after what i've read about the billow v2 - thanks for mentioning it. I found it here in denmark with a 45 USD price. Probably the same when shipping adds up.

I agree whole-heartedly with this.  I didn't like TC at all until I tried with SS

Can you please elaborate a bit on this, im not quite sure i follow. TC = temperature control, my kanger box has TC. Stainless Steel? wat?

So my Efusion DNA 200 came in with my SOV Zenith RDTA, and I go to build the Zenith, when I notice that there is no top nut for the center post (if you don't know what that is, it is what holds the wire on the positive post). I was so excited to be disappointed right away.
Sorry to hear that, really unfortunate. I can relate to your feels from similar situation unrelated to the vape world. Such a freaking bummer. :( :(

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #619 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 05:03:06 »
nooooo I was really looking forward to hear your experience with both of those as they are on my want really bad but can't afford right now list  :eek: hopefully you can get a quick replacement Timbo !!!!

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #620 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 05:13:46 »
 Aromamizer-
-Youde Bellus
The Bellow v2

Alright thanks for the enlightenment. An RDTA is what i will be getting next, no doubt. I just saw that you can get the Billow v2, the one I believe you mentioned, in a NANO version(or just a kit for the regular, to transform it at low cost - neat!).
Im quite certain that I will be getting the nano after what i've read about the billow v2 - thanks for mentioning it. I found it here in denmark with a 45 USD price. Probably the same when shipping adds up.

Can you please elaborate a bit on this, im not quite sure i follow. TC = temperature control, my kanger box has TC. Stainless Steel? wat?

Sorry to hear that, really unfortunate. I can relate to your feels from similar situation unrelated to the vape world. Such a freaking bummer. :( :(
dohhh sorry bubbedi I was just stating that I am not a big fan of nickel or titanium temp control setups. When I first tried temp control nickel or titanium were your choices and I have not had a good or pleasent vape with either of them!!! I have bought a couple of temp control mods and them just put them in variable wattage or power mode and vape. I wasted a ton of coil trying both and it dust not happening. Not long ago I saw people using stainless steel for temp control and finally got around to trying it and was actually quite surprised as I enjoyed TC for the first time   :thumb:

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #621 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 12:29:24 »

wow for a $100 RTDA thats not cool, i just got the haze big dripper clone
http://brokevapers.com/haze-dripper-tank-rda/

makes me wanna shell out the $$$ for an authentic its so good.

dripper tanks are my jam right now, once that Zenith gets up and running let me know how it is. I cant put the Haze down

dohhh sorry bubbedi I was just stating that I am not a big fan of nickel or titanium temp control setups. When I first tried temp control nickel or titanium were your choices and I have not had a good or pleasent vape with either of them!!! I have bought a couple of temp control mods and them just put them in variable wattage or power mode and vape. I wasted a ton of coil trying both and it dust not happening. Not long ago I saw people using stainless steel for temp control and finally got around to trying it and was actually quite surprised as I enjoyed TC for the first time   :thumb:

have you tried nichrome? it heats up so quickly, i never got temp control to work properly. Nichrome was perfect medium for a diff taste + quicker ramp up.
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline TimIsABat

• MX Clears are life
    • Instagram
« Reply #622 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 12:56:43 »

dripper tanks are my jam right now, once that Zenith gets up and running let me know how it is. I cant put the Haze down

have you tried nichrome? it heats up so quickly, i never got temp control to work properly. Nichrome was perfect medium for a diff taste + quicker ramp up.

You know me bro. Money ain't a thang as long as it is worth it. I'll let you know if it's worth the $100. So far no clones are out and I tried the Authentic Haze tank and it's pretty good. The Zenith allows for dual coil right off the bat and holds a lot more juice than the Haze tank. Also more airflow that you can still cut off.

What's a good source for some SS 317L wire? I've been wanting to try doing a SS build for temp control and I kinda wanna put that in my Zenith. I can only go as thick as 26g and 24g for the tank as well.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #623 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 14:33:46 »
You know me bro. Money ain't a thang as long as it is worth it. I'll let you know if it's worth the $100. So far no clones are out and I tried the Authentic Haze tank and it's pretty good. The Zenith allows for dual coil right off the bat and holds a lot more juice than the Haze tank. Also more airflow that you can still cut off.

Excited to hear what you think, an RDTA sounds perfect for me. I'm headed to the shop today to get more juice so if they have a haze clone I may pick one up.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #624 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 14:59:36 »

just picked up a roll of it as I saw you mention it has a nice fast ramp up which I like (i tend to thread my fire buttons even when I don't Have to so the nichrome sounds nice) also did you get the tobacco haze clone punks? I always here people say tobeco when they buy clones so I don't know if they make better clones or if its a crap shoot. I saw your haze in you last post and mistook it for an authentic so it looks nice for a clone 8) ....I just don't Have a $100 to spend on a tank in not sure if I will like  ....ya know. I love that there's a small portion of us keyboard enthusiasts that are krazy about vaping also !!!

Thanks everyone  :-*

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #625 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 15:06:44 »
Anyone got any recommendations on good high VG juice?

So far the Milkman by the vaping rabbit has been my favorite juice and its a 90/10 mixture.
B.Face HHKB - B.mini - Black/Purple Custom

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #626 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 16:33:15 »

So far the Milkman by the vaping rabbit has been my favorite juice and its a 90/10 mixture.

My suggestion as always, check out mechsauce.com

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Mer caps, mindre käbbel
« Reply #627 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 05:12:12 »

Seen a lot of people recommend this site, just placed my first order :)
Kinda gotten sick of MBV lately, hope this could be a substitute. Price is fantastic but once you add $25 shipping and close to 40% import tax, its not that fantastic anymore
|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||
@Reserve:: HHKB (Topre 45g / Mixed PBT) // Das v3 (Mx Brown / Blank PBT)

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #628 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 06:58:01 »

Seen a lot of people recommend this site, just placed my first order :)
Kinda gotten sick of MBV lately, hope this could be a substitute. Price is fantastic but once you add $25 shipping and close to 40% import tax, its not that fantastic anymore

That kinds sucks =/ being in the US and only having to pay $5 for shipping makes the prices pretty great (not trying to rub it in). Hope you enjoy!

Offline jaffers

« Reply #629 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 07:34:55 »

Make your own brah, grab a 250ml bottle of vg and a handful of concentrates and go nuts

Offline TimIsABat

• MX Clears are life
    • Instagram
« Reply #630 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 16:38:36 »
So I finally got the part I needed for my Zenith RDTA. It's a bit of a pain at first to build, but after its built out it's great! Still trying to get used to wicking as it is very different from any tank or rda out there. With the current build (26 g Nichrome 80 8 wrap over a 3.0 mm screw driver), it's pretty cold of a vape with airflow wide open. I had to buy the delrin chuff cap from Science of Vaping cause I've been reading that the atty gets pretty hot other wise.

As far as the Efusion DNA 200,  I need to rebuild this with SS 304 so I could use the temperature control function and make it a warmer vape. So far, using my Bonsai RDA, the DNA 200 definitely is more accurate than the SXJ chips out there with straight power. Absolutely no complaints. Also for anyone using a DNA 200, use Escribe to make sure you have the right settings for your battery to get the most out of the LiPo. It took 1 hr of straight vaping using my dripper at 150 watts (which is more than enough considering I am using a reduced sized atty which is extremely warm) for the battery to be even halfway.

Here is some vape porn to end this post:

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #631 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 17:33:44 »
So I finally got the part I needed for my Zenith RDTA. It's a bit of a pain at first to build, but after its built out it's great! Still trying to get used to wicking as it is very different from any tank or rda out there. With the current build (26 g Nichrome 80 8 wrap over a 3.0 mm screw driver), it's pretty cold of a vape with airflow wide open. I had to buy the delrin chuff cap from Science of Vaping cause I've been reading that the atty gets pretty hot other wise.

As far as the Efusion DNA 200,  I need to rebuild this with SS 304 so I could use the temperature control function and make it a warmer vape. So far, using my Bonsai RDA, the DNA 200 definitely is more accurate than the SXJ chips out there with straight power. Absolutely no complaints. Also for anyone using a DNA 200, use Escribe to make sure you have the right settings for your battery to get the most out of the LiPo. It took 1 hr of straight vaping using my dripper at 150 watts (which is more than enough considering I am using a reduced sized atty which is extremely warm) for the battery to be even halfway.

Show Image

:eek: :eek:
All your setups look so freaking dope..... Really sexy Tim. The only one I have tried there is the ud goblin....what's the one at the end ??

Also how sexy is that zentith

Hnnnnnng

Offline TimIsABat

• MX Clears are life
    • Instagram
« Reply #632 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 17:42:41 »

Show Image

:eek: :eek:
All your setups look so freaking dope..... Really sexy Tim. The only one I have tried there is the ud goblin....what's the one at the end ??

Also how sexy is that zentith

Hnnnnnng

The one at the end is a Castigador mechanical box mod by Emperor Vape East and a Bonsai RDA by The Cloud Factory. That set up is around $320 retail. Insanely hard hitting box mod with an amazing cloud and flavor chasing atty. Such an easy little bugger to build, too.

The Zenith is so damn sexy. Just gotta figure out a build that compensates for all that airflow. I get full flavor out of it, but it is still too cold of a vape with full airflow. This will be my cloud chasing tank, so I Just need to put a nice warm SS 304 build and crank the temperature and wattage up (bye bye battery life).

Offline lucaslink

« Reply #633 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 20:50:20 »
lucaslink was super generous and surprised me with a velocity RDA. So I've had it for a few days and I have to say it's my new favorite RDA, for both flavor and vapor production it kicks my 454 big block's ass! It has very adjustable air flow so you can easily change between a warm dense vape and a cooler super cloudy vape.

Duuude i'm stoked!. based on how you said you vaped i figured you'd like it.

it's amazing how many vapers are in here.

Offline TimIsABat

• MX Clears are life
    • Instagram
« Reply #634 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 22:51:05 »
Made a video especially for you all on how amazing this Zenith RDTA is. I wish I had a better place to shoot the video, but my parents hate it when I vape inside the house. Thus, I must vape inside my garage. Also a nice little shameless plug on my Instagram for you all to follow XD.

Pushing 58 watts which is 5.03 volts on a 0.44 ohm coil.

Can't wait to be chucking on some TC coils.

https://www.instagram.com/p/-SzKt9StKz/?taken-by=timisabat

Offline TimIsABat

• MX Clears are life
    • Instagram
« Reply #635 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 17:25:22 »
Hey there my mechanical keyboard and vaping family!

So, randomly eating pizza I have come up with the idea of giving daily vape tips on this thread.

Now I am not trying to boast like I have all the knowledge, but I have worked in the vape industry for more than a year doing research on my own as well as learning from the best minds in the industry. Their knowledge surpassed mine, and we bounced ideas and concepts off of each other daily. These tips are really meant for those of you that have started vaping recently and need some ideas on what to buy, what builds to build, and etc. Do not hesitate to contribute or discuss the tips given.

You do not have to follow these tips, but these all stem from experience from other vapers as well as myself.

So here we go!

Tip #1: You don't need to super-subohm on a high wattage device

Back when I started vaping over two years ago, sub-ohming started to boom. We had no choice but to sub ohm on mechanical mods as those are the only mods we had that could produce the clouds that we all desired. To achieve great lengths of vape production, we had to build 0.5 ohms or lower using 26-22 g kanthal, N80, or other types of specialty wire. The reason was that the power was being supplied directly from the battery (which we all made sure they were safe to handle the resistance), and because of this, we had to build low to get the full strength.

Times have changed and high variable wattage devices have emerged. The biggest misconception with these mods is that you had to build low to reach the desired power. Builders would build their atomizers to 0.2 and lower to reach 150 w or even 80 w. Through research and experience, many of us have found that this is a great misconception. Being able to add more power to coils that are higher resistance made the ramp up time much faster. Therefore, you can build 0.5 ohm coils and it would ramp up as fast as a 0.15 ohm coil using more power. This being said, you have more capabilities using higher ohm coils. A 26g 13 wrap over a 3.0 mm screw driver has much more surface area than a 22 g six wrap over the same size diameter. The resistance will be much higher, but because one has the capability of using more power, you can shoot 90 w and get a warmer much denser cloud than a 22g 6 wrap. The coils also cool down much faster so you don't have to worry about a burning hot atomizer when you touch to take off the cap. This really unlocks the capabilities and versatility in your builds. Now pair those high ohm surface area covering builds with wire like nichrome 80 or stainless steel and the ramp up time would be even faster (and much warmer). This concept of surface area coils that read higher is the reason why a Herakles can handle so much power on a 0.6 ohm coil.
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 November 2015, 17:27:10 by TimIsABat »

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #636 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 19:30:25 »

So, randomly eating pizza I have come up with the idea of giving daily vape tips on this thread.

I like the idea and greatly appreciate the sharing of your knowledge, but I feel that a tip a day will be too much to quick and leave little for the future.
Looking forward to more tips in the future!

Offline TimIsABat

• MX Clears are life
    • Instagram
« Reply #637 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 13:16:47 »

I like the idea and greatly appreciate the sharing of your knowledge, but I feel that a tip a day will be too much to quick and leave little for the future.

Yeah I  was thinking about that. I'll just do weekly then. Plus I'm hungover right now and can't come up with anything

Offline lucaslink

« Reply #638 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 19:23:37 »

Yeah I  was thinking about that. I'll just do weekly then. Plus I'm hungover right now and can't come up with anything

hahaha. your first tip was spot on! i'd agree that daily would be too much. i have a batty conspiracy theory that the manufacturers of vape products and juices banded together to push sub-ohm on the masses in order to increase their sales of both juice and coils. that build you described above can be run lower and still blow clouds and provide a warm flavorful vape that won't cost as much in juice as its sub-ohm counterpart would.

Offline TimIsABat

• MX Clears are life
    • Instagram
« Reply #639 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 20:05:43 »

hahaha. your first tip was spot on! i'd agree that daily would be too much. i have a batty conspiracy theory that the manufacturers of vape products and juices banded together to push sub-ohm on the masses in order to increase their sales of both juice and coils. that build you described above can be run lower and still blow clouds and provide a warm flavorful vape that won't cost as much in juice as its sub-ohm counterpart would.

You do also have to keep in mind your airflow. It may seem like you are just burning the center of the wick, but if you have wide airflow and take deep  pulls, the entire wick should dry up instead of just the center. Sub ohming does eat up a ton of juice so you are right. Running lower power can still give you a great experience. How much power for those high ohm coils is all up to the user.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #640 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 08:44:11 »
I need one of you to put me together a budget but quality vape setup, please. I don't have the time or energy with everything going on to do it myself. I need everything, including good juice.

Please PM me if you are interested and willing to do this. I will compensate you somehow.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline mullidan

• !(Lt. Dan)
« Reply #641 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 10:09:49 »
I need one of you to put me together a budget but quality vape setup, please. I don't have the time or energy with everything going on to do it myself. I need everything, including good juice.

Please PM me if you are interested and willing to do this. I will compensate you somehow.

IPv2 w/ kangertech subtech mini would probably be perfect for you.

It requires little to no knowledge of vaping. That is, you can buy pre-made .15 ohm coils in packs of 5. Replace when it starts tasting funny. Fill it up, replace the batts when needed. Oh, and its SMALL, doesn't leak, and gives you what you need when you need it. You're not going to be blowing clouds or anything, but if that's your goal you should just build yourself a mofset box for about $40 (assuming you can solder) and get RDA like the mutation.

FWIW I've been vaping about 2 years now. Started off using mech mods (Nemesis w/ Keyfun,Mephisto all the way to the Smpl w/ PlumeVeil ), when VV/VW tech finally caught up moved to the dna200, and ever since I've been on the IPv2 w/ subtank. I've built nearly every coil and I've also been making my own e-liquid for over a year now. I have quite a bit of knowledge in this area and have been close to opening my own shop now for quite some time.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #642 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 07:32:11 »

Please PM me if you are interested and willing to do this. I will compensate you somehow.5
eleaf I stick 100w as a as $30(amazing mod for the price)

Smok tvf4 mini between $25-$35 (amazing sub-ohm tank with a ton of pre made coil options and if you' ever change your mind it comes with a decent RBA section and extras)

I recommend buying at least 4x18650 batteries as running a mod that requires 2 married(married. Just means the 18650s have been charged together so they have the same amount of juice )
What I'm getting to is with 2sets you will have a spare to switch out 8)
I recommend going for Samsung 25rs or LG HG2 you can find deals for. 4 batteries for around $24 or roughly $6 a piece. I also recommend to not buy them from the vaping sites unless they are that cheap as they tend to charge a premium (there are exceptions if you can find authentic batteries in that price range I say jump on them.

As far as juice goes that's really hard you would have to tell me things you like flavor wise and even then it's a very individual thing.

A couple sites that have great prices are ejuicedirect and ejuicemafia

Some very affordable juice at mtbaker however most of those juices you need steep as they are too fresh and will taste funky. I let mine breathe for a week or 2 and it usually helps also there are different nicotine levels I find anything over 12mg tastes like **** and myself vape 3 to 6 but that's considered low. If you were a heavy smoker 12 might be a good place to start although as said it's very individual.
Also there is vg/pg mixes and I don't have the time to go into that however 70by/30pg is a good place to start.

I'm on my phone and have to work but hopefully this helps 8)

Anyways absurd good luck and enjoy

P.s. I have been smoke free for a. Couple of months now which is the longest I have ever made it. Honestly I have only craved a smoke maybe 2-3 times in that whole period punks kind of introduced me and I haven't looked back

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #643 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 14:15:49 »
http://www.myvaporstore.com/Uwell-Crown-Sub-Ohm-Tank-p/uwc20.htm

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Joye-eVic-VTC-Mini-60W-Express-Kit-p/joye-vtc30.htm
OR
IPv2 (as suggested by a few peoples)

and

LG HG2 batteries

Good enough to start?
Just charge via USB?
And I assume it comes with coils? Do I buy extra?

My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #644 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 14:46:46 »

OR

and

LG HG2 batteries

Good enough to start?
Just charge via USB?

The ipv d2 will need a different charger, it won't really work via usb.  The crown tank comes with three coils and a spare glass tank piece when you buy it.

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #645 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 14:59:54 »

OR

and

LG HG2 batteries

Good enough to start?
Just charge via USB?

https://www.elementvape.com/kanger-subox-nano-starter-kit

https://www.elementvape.com/charlie-s-chalk-dust-combo-pack-5-flavors
+20% off juicedup20

$80

your gonna wanna start with a tank, and this is a great mod/combo for the price. Kanger USB charging is great as well.
5 15mls for about $8 each with varying flavors to see which flavor you like the best.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #646 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 15:02:42 »
Awww ****. And those colors right up my girly alley.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #647 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 15:09:44 »

The only downside I have with the subtanks is you aren't going to be able to get as deep of a pull as you will the crowns.  Also, if you go kanger - https://www.elementvape.com/kanger-nebox-60w-sub-ohm-kit

Same coils/airflow/usb charging, but with 2.66x the juice capacity and a protected reservoir because it's in the mod itself.

OR

and

LG HG2 batteries

Good enough to start?
Just charge via USB?

+20% off juicedup20

$80

your gonna wanna start with a tank, and this is a great mod/combo for the price. Kanger USB charging is great as well.
5 15mls for about $8 each with varying flavors to see which flavor you like the best.

He had a tank link, btw.  The subox is a fine entry level kit, but the crown/evic (or d2) will grow with him for not a lot more $

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #648 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 15:17:24 »
The only downside I have with the subtanks is you aren't going to be able to get as deep of a pull as you will the crowns.  Also, if you go kanger - https://www.elementvape.com/kanger-nebox-60w-sub-ohm-kit

Not phallic enough. I want the girls to thing I have a big swinger in my pants.

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #649 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 15:19:57 »

Same coils/airflow/usb charging, but with 2.66x the juice capacity and a protected reservoir because it's in the mod itself.

OR

and

LG HG2 batteries

Good enough to start?
Just charge via USB?

+20% off juicedup20

$80

He had a tank link, btw.  The subox is a fine entry level kit, but the crown/evic (or d2) will grow with him for not a lot more $

agree completely on your choices. The Nebox was going to be my original pick, but i didnt want to limit him with only using a tank. I took it as a challenge to find the cheapest rig+ juice while staying away from pens.

if i were going on personal preference, with all the money i have wasted on tanks/mods/rdas

https://www.elementvape.com/sigelei-150w-watt-temperature-control-box-mod-tc

strictly for the 2 battery option, i hate carrying extra batteries. You will never need more than 75w. If carrying an extra battery isnt an issue for you

https://www.elementvape.com/ipv-d2-75w-temperature-control-box-mod-by-pioneer4you

https://www.elementvape.com/smok-tfv4-mini-sub-ohm-tank

or the Uwell Crown, seriously top fill tanks should be mandatory. just keep some extra juice on you. Nothing worse than trying to fill a goblin mini or bottom screwed tank.