Author Topic: The Vape Thread!  (Read 464669 times)

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
Re: The Vape Thread!
« Reply #750 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 07:04:57 »
I only went with the vtc4 because the description of the sigelei suggested 30A or higher. May have been a mistake, for sure.

I'm not struggling at all! I've had 1 cig in a week and that was only when my batts were down.

Wait... I am struggling... I want more vape stuff! **** is interesting. Hahaha.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #751 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 10:49:42 »
Man am I spamming this thread. Sorry guys. I just don't feel like delving into the vape forums. Rather stick with the nerds I know.

Anyone recommend a storage container or "stand" for tanks? I'd really like to keep my ADV in one and all the fruity experiments in another tank.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #752 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 11:33:58 »
Man am I spamming this thread. Sorry guys. I just don't feel like delving into the vape forums. Rather stick with the nerds I know.

Anyone recommend a storage container or "stand" for tanks? I'd really like to keep my ADV in one and all the fruity experiments in another tank.
http://www.vaporkings.com/Aluminum-510-threaded-atomizer-stand-p/attystand.htm

Offline _joe_king

« Reply #753 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 12:40:35 »

I found a great solution at harbor freight.

http://www.harborfreight.com/quickview/index/index/id/987/

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #754 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 14:04:13 »
Picked up my custom box today.

CNC aluminum case with magnetic cover. Painted and cleared with automotive paint.
Dual 18650 in series with a Raptor step-down chip.

RDA is the Lush by Wotofo. Dual 5 wrap 24 awg kanthal. (0.25 ohm). I've been keeping the box at about 40% power.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I love my lush wotofo makes some nice affordable products!!
I have really been wanting to get a mechanical or unregulated mod. Does anyone know of a decent one for $75-$100 ??? I know flawless has the tug boxes for $125 but I was hoping to spend a little less

Beautiful custom by the way !!!!
You could get a tugboat clone for $30ish but I'd recommend the authentic. I dropped mine last night and it was kicked across a concrete floor, the cerakote is almost flawless after it.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #755 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 18:49:06 »

CNC aluminum case with magnetic cover. Painted and cleared with automotive paint.

RDA is the Lush by Wotofo. Dual 5 wrap 24 awg kanthal. (0.25 ohm). I've been keeping the box at about 40% power.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I have really been wanting to get a mechanical or unregulated mod. Does anyone know of a decent one for $75-$100 ??? I know flawless has the tug boxes for $125 but I was hoping to spend a little less

You could get a tugboat clone for $30ish but I'd recommend the authentic. I dropped mine last night and it was kicked across a concrete floor, the cerakote is almost flawless after it.

Are the 200w regulated tug boxes just as good?
B.Face HHKB - B.mini - Black/Purple Custom

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #756 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 18:51:20 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I'd assume they are but I've never seen one.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #757 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 18:56:08 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

http://flawlessvapeshop.com/200watt-tuglyfe-box-mod/ - these guys right here

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #758 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 18:59:12 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

http://flawlessvapeshop.com/200watt-tuglyfe-box-mod/ - these guys right here
I meant I've never seen one in person. My unregulated tugbox is great so I'd recommend the company if you're looking for a box. I've heard good things about the 200w.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #759 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 08:15:16 »
I threw my tank on an evic mini at the vape store yesterday 450F and 42.5W. Even that high, it doesn't come close to hitting as hard as my sigelei. I need the harder hits so it feels like a cig for now. I can see puffing on the evic for nice, smooth hits later on in my progression.

And I got about 40-48 hours out of my VTC4s on the sigelei; I was just complaining earlier based upon an estimate and the not-so-accurate battery meter on the mod.

In other words, y'all did me very well and I am now happy with the sigelei.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #760 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 12:00:08 »

You could always make your own. Here's mine

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #761 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 12:18:37 »

More
Show Image

I wonder if Inanis could make those? I would love a cool little shelf for juice bottles like that too.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #762 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 13:36:17 »

More
Show Image

I wonder if Inanis could make those? I would love a cool little shelf for juice bottles like that too.

You are a ****ing genius. Gonna talk to her right now.

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #763 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 13:43:46 »

More
Show Image

You are a ****ing genius. Gonna talk to her right now.

If you get a yes let me know!

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #764 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 14:01:49 »
I can totally do this. It is like a shorter, longer pen holder with bigger holes. I don't vape though and I have no clue how big the holes actually need to be, or how high would be appropriate to hold the equipment properly. Someone would have to tell me, or point me to some dimensions. Hook me up with the info and I'll see what I can do. I sent absyrd a few pictures of stuff I've been working on for other things to see if I'm in the ballpark.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #765 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 14:22:39 »
I can totally do this. It is like a shorter, longer pen holder with bigger holes. I don't vape though and I have no clue how big the holes actually need to be, or how high would be appropriate to hold the equipment properly. Someone would have to tell me, or point me to some dimensions. Hook me up with the info and I'll see what I can do. I sent absyrd a few pictures of stuff I've been working on for other things to see if I'm in the ballpark.

I think most tanks/atomizers are 22mm diameter, and some of the larger ones like the aromamizer hexagonal shaped atty are 25-26mm

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #766 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 14:27:58 »
Yeah the attachment nub at the bottom to balance is prob important.

See this ebay jawn:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/252174952026?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82

And this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/391208171301?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82

And plenty of others I found but hate.

C'mon inanis!

And who has more dimensions or an extra tank they can ship her?

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #767 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 14:29:34 »

See this ebay jawn:

And this:

C'mon inanis!

I'll send her a tank later this week (probably tomorrow).  We're both in the same state atm, so it shouldn't take too long.

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #768 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 14:34:26 »

Judging off my tank i currently have sitting here, The holes would need to be an inch in diameter and about an inch tall from bottom to top. This would hold tanks kind of like the example picture does, sitting in the bottom with the top wood hold tanks near the center. The only quirky thing would be a small hole would need to be drilled out right in the center of the bottom to hold the tanks as they have the threads to screw into the mod. http://imgur.com/a/tuFdZ

I think the same thing would hold 15-30ml bottles as well.

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #769 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 14:47:08 »

See this ebay jawn:

And this:

C'mon inanis!

I'll send her a tank later this week (probably tomorrow).  We're both in the same state atm, so it shouldn't take too long.
You's the best my east coast brother. I can work on it right away. I only have one open order right now that I'm working on, so it is a good time to delve into a new project. So are we thinking like room for three tanks for now? I can start without it, but it is good to have an example on hand to make sure it sits correctly.

If this is too OT for this thread I apologize, you can always move it to my thread over in the artisan section.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #770 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 14:49:15 »

See this ebay jawn:

And this:

C'mon inanis!

You's the best my east coast brother. I can work on it right away. I only have one open order right now that I'm working on, so it is a good time to delve into a new project. So are we thinking like room for three tanks for now? I can start without it, but it is good to have an example on hand to make sure it sits correctly.

If this is too OT for this thread I apologize, you can always move it to my thread over in the artisan section.

3 in a line or possibly 3x2 would be a pretty good start.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #771 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 02:35:30 »

This is very ON topic. If you look through the thread, not many of the people have cool storage for all their tanks, juices, etc.

It is recommended with tanks that you store them upright. And I only have 1 tank right now, but I'll be getting another eventually as I transition from 6mg to 3mg. Plus I want two totally diff flavor profiles and you get residual taste trying to go from one flavor to the next.

3 in a line or possibly 3x2 would be a pretty good start.

Sounds good to me. Hopefully some others chime in with how many tanks they have.

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #772 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 03:37:28 »
Do any Canadians have a suggestion for a site that sells good liquid AND coils for a subtank mini? I'm looking to change my liquids up a bit, but I'm not too sure on a good vendor to go with. It would be best if they also sell coils, because I don't want to pay for shipping twice.  :))

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #773 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 03:56:18 »
Do any Canadians have a suggestion for a site that sells good liquid AND coils for a subtank mini? I'm looking to change my liquids up a bit, but I'm not too sure on a good vendor to go with. It would be best if they also sell coils, because I don't want to pay for shipping twice.  :))

Where in BC you located? Any local vape shops? Best advice I got was to go to every vape shop in a 20 mile radius and try ****.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #774 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 07:08:39 »

mechsauce.com is my preferred juice vendor. They're flavors are amazing, wide selection, and prices are good.

I don't know about coils. Since I use an RDA I always build my own.
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 December 2015, 07:10:28 by UsualSuspectXXX »

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #775 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 07:33:01 »

mechsauce.com is my preferred juice vendor. They're flavors are amazing, wide selection, and prices are good.

Wow. mechsauce.com is CHEAP. How the hell do they stay afloat?

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #776 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 07:43:58 »

Wow. mechsauce.com is CHEAP. How the hell do they stay afloat?

They're the manufacturer. So it's pretty much all profit. Also, very high volume of orders.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #777 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 07:46:19 »
You rock. They seem to make flavors very similar to the ones local to me. For as cheap as mechsauce is, I'm down to test. ROFLZ at my town vape store charging $15 for 15ml of **** they make.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #778 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 07:54:33 »

Show Image

Just saw all the interest in this. I could make a few more with solid wood instead of plywood and stain them. The plywood was pretty much a proof of concept, I just never went anywhere with it.

Shoot me a PM with what you're interested in. I'm off from work today, so I've got time. Should be able to ship it out by the end of the week.
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 December 2015, 07:56:58 by UsualSuspectXXX »

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #779 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 07:58:57 »
You rock. They seem to make flavors very similar to the ones local to me. For as cheap as mechsauce is, I'm down to test. ROFLZ at my town vape store charging $15 for 15ml of **** they make.

Wow! That's ridiculous! I thought the same thing when I found them. Bought a couple bottles just to test and I haven't bought anything else since.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #780 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 09:00:48 »
If I get a tfv4 mini as a 2nd tank which coils should I go for? Too many ****ing options. I know I don't want nickel because I have a bunch for my crown.

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #781 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 10:09:13 »
If I get a tfv4 mini as a 2nd tank which coils should I go for? Too many ****ing options. I know I don't want nickel because I have a bunch for my crown.

To use the Temp Control features, you need to use either the NI or TI coils.

But if your interested in trying the power control features, the S6 looks the most interesting.

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #782 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 10:35:00 »
In other news, I have a Tuglyfe box, an aelous v2 clone, some 20 & 26 awg kanthal (Clapton coils anyone?), ceramic tweezers, an ohm tester and some cottonman angel hair cotton on the way.

Then next week I will have a bunch of DIY juice supplys on the way.
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 December 2015, 11:31:29 by trees »

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #783 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 11:57:16 »
In other news, I have a Tuglyfe box, an aelous v2 clone, some 20 & 26 awg kanthal (Clapton coils anyone?), ceramic tweezers, an ohm tester and some cottonman angel hair cotton on the way.

Then next week I will have a bunch of DIY juice supplys on the way.
dude how dope is the flavor on the aeolus tobeco clone I got that last week and I'm loving it (tobeco actually fixed all the problems of the authentic version)  also just ordered a SMPL mechanical clone by wotofo and got the wismec noisy cricket to try my first series box (it was cheap so **** it) now let's hope I don't lose fingers to an unfortunate venting accident haha

The quad tvf4 coil has the best flavor but it literally drinks the freaking . ...I use the rba deck primarily but the dual Clapton coil is .4ohms so you can get decent flavor at 50-60 watts and it just gulps the juice instead of guzzling it ....absurd I know you said you didn't want to build your own could but if you have the time open the rba deck you got from the smok it already d has a clapton coil attached in it all you have to do is run some cotton through it .....who knows you might love it
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #784 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 12:00:49 »
dude how dope is the flavor on the aeolus tobeco clone I got that last week and I'm loving it (tobeco actually fixed all the problems of the authentic version)  also just ordered a SMPL mechanical clone by wotofo and got the wismec noisy cricket to try my first series box (it was cheap so **** it) now let's hope I don't lose fingers to an unfortunate venting accident haha

Im not sure yet, haha, I just ordered it. now i gotta sit around and play the waiting game :p

Im hoping its good, Im going with the RDA too so that i can swap out juice flavors quicker for when i start making some juice to test.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #785 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 13:39:42 »

SS, clapton and tri coils.

But if your interested in trying the power control features, the S6 looks the most interesting.

The problem with the s6 is they burn out quick because of how they're assembled.

Oh and they just added more coils for the tfv4 line.  8core, triple clapton rba (so I guess just triple rba), and quad clapton (similar to the tri coils they released with).  So uh, try those too?

Also, reauleaux might be end game for me.  The dna, at least mentally feels more accurate for tc, but they're both solid on battery life and power mode.  Now to find a skin for the dna that doesn't look like ass
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 December 2015, 13:41:17 by tjcaustin »

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #786 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 12:23:10 »
Just found out that everything i ordered i being delivered via USPS. Cross my fingers and prey it all shows up quickly, and safely.

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #787 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 12:27:39 »

SS, clapton and tri coils.

The problem with the s6 is they burn out quick because of how they're assembled.

Oh and they just added more coils for the tfv4 line.  8core, triple clapton rba (so I guess just triple rba), and quad clapton (similar to the tri coils they released with).  So uh, try those too?

Also, reauleaux might be end game for me.  The dna, at least mentally feels more accurate for tc, but they're both solid on battery life and power mode.  Now to find a skin for the dna that doesn't look like ass

how is the battery life on reauleaux? I dont need TC or anything fancy, battery life has been my new obsession. Are 3 18650's really lasting that long? not to mention the design is sleek AF.
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #788 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 13:39:57 »
Going on 3 days pushing 80 watts and I'm about halfway or a little less battery charge with lg hg2s....

I am veeeeeeerrrryyy impressed I just started wrapping my own clapton using different wire for the core but my favorite so far has been with a nichrome and also tried a stainless steel core as it's allowing me to use temp control with my claptons and the flavor has been pretty insane
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #789 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 13:43:37 »
Going on 3 days pushing 80 watts and I'm about halfway or a little less battery charge with lg hg2s....

I am veeeeeeerrrryyy impressed I just started wrapping my own clapton using different wire for the core but my favorite so far has been with a nichrome and also tried a stainless steel core as it's allowing me to use temp control with my claptons and the flavor has been pretty insane

wow thanks for the info, gonna have to put that on my xmas list. my sigelei 150tc lasts me all day if i baby it. If i could chain vape and get a full days worth of charge out of the reux, worth it
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #790 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 14:00:22 »

wow thanks for the info, gonna have to put that on my xmas list. my sigelei 150tc lasts me all day if i baby it. If i could chain vape and get a full days worth of charge out of the reux, worth it

I get ~2 days of vaping at 80w chaining the crap out of it.  It's almost constantly in my hand, unless I'm typing or soldering.  I'm done looking at stuff once I try the new herakles plus tank that everyone loves.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #791 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 14:44:39 »

I get ~2 days of vaping at 80w chaining the crap out of it.  It's almost constantly in my hand, unless I'm typing or soldering.  I'm done looking at stuff once I try the new herakles plus tank that everyone loves.
sure tj haha I tell myself that all the time.....I'm really looking forward to the vapeston ceramikas anyone take a look at that yet?

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #792 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 14:50:47 »

sure tj haha I tell myself that all the time.....I'm really looking forward to the vapeston ceramikas anyone take a look at that yet?

Ceramic instead of metal for coils?  That's interesting.  A more even and consistent heat should mean longer coil use.  But I'd be unsurprised if they're priced in some kind of obscene bracket, too.  I might keep an eye out for it, the maganus was a decent tank, so there's a bit of pedigree there.  But really before I went sub-ohm and watching youtube vids daily/weekly, I'd used an mvp for like 2 years with aspire tanks.  I wore the buttons out is the only reason I'm not still using it.

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #793 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 04:39:48 »

Where in BC you located? Any local vape shops? Best advice I got was to go to every vape shop in a 20 mile radius and try ****.

I live in the Okanagan, Penticton to be exact. There are no vape shops in my town yet. There's a hemp shop that sells liquid but they don't have any 100% VG liquids, and high PG sucks in sub-ohm tanks in my experience. They also carry only crap tanks and batteries, and no coils - they told me everyone usually just buys another tank when the coil goes.  :))

There should be an Atomic Vapor shop here in a couple months. Mechsauce looks cool, but I don't know if they will work for me since they're based in the US. I've heard it's difficult to get nicotine liquids across the border, a lot of people say they get turned back at customs.

In other news, I've been having a bad experience with my tank. Has anyone else had any problems with the Kanger Subtank Mini? I've been repeatedly burning coils no matter what I do.. I've been priming, and dropping liquid onto the coil before I install it. It even burns at minimum power. I can't get a coil to last longer than two days, no matter what I do. I've been looking at other sub-ohm tanks, but there aren't many that fit into my batteries power range (30w max). I'm tempted to buy another Subtank but I don't want to end up with another tank that does this. I've been smoking cigarettes again for the last month or so because I can't get the tank working properly. I really loved this tank when it was working properly though..

Does anyone have any suggestions for a new sub-ohm tank? I've never tried building coils before. The only other option seems like the Aspire Atlantis.

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #794 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 04:47:55 »
In other news, I've been having a bad experience with my tank. Has anyone else had any problems with the Kanger Subtank Mini? I've been repeatedly burning coils no matter what I do.. I've been priming, and dropping liquid onto the coil before I install it. It even burns at minimum power. I can't get a coil to last longer than two days, no matter what I do. I've been looking at other sub-ohm tanks, but there aren't many that fit into my batteries power range (30w max). I'm tempted to buy another Subtank but I don't want to end up with another tank that does this. I've been smoking cigarettes again for the last month or so because I can't get the tank working properly. I really loved this tank when it was working properly though..

Does anyone have any suggestions for a new sub-ohm tank? I've never tried building coils before. The only other option seems like the Aspire Atlantis.

My buddy has the Atlantis v2 and loves it. He's used it both without and with TC, and won't stop singing it's praises.

I've a Subtank Mini, and haven't had any issues with burning coils, however same previously mentioned buddy had a Subtank Mega and was constantly burning through coils. I'm usually running the .5ohm coils @ 40W and it hits really solid, no spitting or dry hits.

What ohm coils are you going with? Have you tried the new style coils yet? How many watts are you pushing? I usually make sure that I prime them with a decent amount of liquid, maybe try more?

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #795 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 05:57:43 »

I live in the Okanagan, Penticton to be exact. There are no vape shops in my town yet. There's a hemp shop that sells liquid but they don't have any 100% VG liquids, and high PG sucks in sub-ohm tanks in my experience. They also carry only crap tanks and batteries, and no coils - they told me everyone usually just buys another tank when the coil goes.  :))

There should be an Atomic Vapor shop here in a couple months. Mechsauce looks cool, but I don't know if they will work for me since they're based in the US. I've heard it's difficult to get nicotine liquids across the border, a lot of people say they get turned back at customs.

I just saw a thread about this on Reddit same exact problem meow..... Have you tried inserting a needle through the wicking holez to create a little channel in your coils cotton? Another very common occurrence is people drilling out there sub tanks to increase channel size. So either way you should be getting at least a week out of your coils....

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #796 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 06:43:04 »

A few pages back when i first started vaping i got a subtank and had this same problem. I could NOT get my subtank to work right, always burning cotton hits, sputtering and popping all the time, etc. I called up the place i bought it from and they refunded me and made it sound like a common problem.

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #797 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 08:25:39 »

My buddy has the Atlantis v2 and loves it. He's used it both without and with TC, and won't stop singing it's praises.

I've a Subtank Mini, and haven't had any issues with burning coils, however same previously mentioned buddy had a Subtank Mega and was constantly burning through coils. I'm usually running the .5ohm coils @ 40W and it hits really solid, no spitting or dry hits.

What ohm coils are you going with? Have you tried the new style coils yet? How many watts are you pushing? I usually make sure that I prime them with a decent amount of liquid, maybe try more?

I've been using the 1.2ohm, but I do use 0.5ohm's as well. I prefer the 0.5, but I found the 1.2 lasted longer. The last time I bought coils, I bought the new style of coil. Same problem with both the old and new coils. For power, I used to use 21 watts on both .5 and 1.2, but now if I do 21 they burn almost instantly. on the minimum wattage for 1.2 (15w I think?), I get a couple days of half-decent vaping. I've primed them until they've flooded and they still burnt. Honestly, it's such a frustrating problem. All I want is to not smoke cigarettes.  :))

I'll take a look into the Atlantis V2. I've heard good things about some of the sub-ohm tanks that have come out since I bought the Subtank, but only the Atlantis and Subtank seem to fit into the power range of my iTaste MVP3.

I just saw a thread about this on Reddit same exact problem meow..... Have you tried inserting a needle through the wicking holez to create a little channel in your coils cotton? Another very common occurrence is people drilling out there sub tanks to increase channel size. So either way you should be getting at least a week out of your coils....

I did try the needle through the cotton when I was still using the old coils (still burnt), maybe I'll give it a try with the new style ones.

A few pages back when i first started vaping i got a subtank and had this same problem. I could NOT get my subtank to work right, always burning cotton hits, sputtering and popping all the time, etc. I called up the place i bought it from and they refunded me and made it sound like a common problem.

Hmm, it's long past the window for me to return it, as it worked fine for the first long while - but that's the same problem I'm having, minus the sputtering and popping. It does flood once in a while though. Maybe I'd have better luck with another Subtank Mini? I love everything about it except this problem.  When it was working, it was the best thing ever.  :blank:

I'll have to get a new tank later though, as I'm pretty broke. I've been hand rolling cigarettes because I'm a poor ass college student right now.  :))

Thanks for the replies guys, appreciated.

Boards:

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #798 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 10:29:10 »
I'm sure you guys have had juice that smelled good but tasted awful, but has anyone else experienced juice that tastes good but smells awful?
I love Elzy

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #799 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 11:03:25 »
Most of these berry flavored ****s smell too sweet or like cough syrup but taste fine. I thought I'd never vape flavors other than mint or tobacco.