Author Topic: The Vape Thread!  (Read 464701 times)

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
Re: The Vape Thread!
« Reply #800 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 14:14:23 »
So, apparently i messed up.

I felt like I wasn't getting enough power from my Ti coils in temp control mode, so i switched to power control mode. I was doing this for like a week, and just came across a post on a forum about how you should NEVER use TI/NI in power control modes, and it can be incredibly bad for both you and the coil.

Now, this was not something i knew. When looking at reviews for the eVic VT that I'm using I had seen reviews put it in power mode for the Ti or Ni coils and didn't think anything of it. But after some googling it turns out the guy on the forums was right.

Luckily I am going to be building my own coils soon enough (When ever my stuff arrives) and I will be using Kanthal so I will be fine, but more as a warning for other people still semi-new like me, do not use your Ni or Ti coils in power control modes.

On the other hand, Almost all my stuff is set to arrive very soon. Some today and some on Monday, I'm very excited!
B.Face HHKB - B.mini - Black/Purple Custom

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #801 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 01:17:36 »
Thank goodness a couple of you warned me about tc with nickel. I really wanna try just some SS now.

EDIT: This pink lemonade is delicious but def not ADV.

EDIT 2: mechsauce.com "Mechmint" is WAY too minty. Eaten 2 things and drank coffee and I'm still tasting it. Not menthol, but just TOO minty.
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 December 2015, 13:24:17 by absyrd »
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #802 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 13:27:03 »
Hmmm... why are the reauleaux you guys linking $150-200 and the rx200 is $50?
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #803 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 14:00:01 »
Quote from: absyrd :link=topic=42022.msg1964437#msg1964437 date=1449948423
one uses the DNA chip and the other uses a joyetech chip. The DNA is a very cool chip just not 100$ worth cooler Imo ....I have the rx200($40 shipped on BF) and with the newest firmware has been quite amazing !!!
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #804 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 14:10:16 »
one uses the DNA chip and the other uses a joyetech chip. The DNA is a very cool chip just not 100$ worth cooler Imo ....I have the rx200($40 shipped on BF) and with the newest firmware has been quite amazing !!!

Gotcha! You the best.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #805 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 14:47:28 »

I like the dna better for TC still, it feels a lot more accurate, but watt mode they feel very similar.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #806 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 15:00:32 »
I'm going to try moving away from nickel and tc for now. This is fun.

Sed8 and triz sent me care packages to help with this. <3

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #807 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 15:32:00 »
Anyone else have weird 510 issues with a tugbox? Sometimes mine doesn't fire, I found the issue and fixed it but I still didn't think the authentic would have any issues.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #808 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 15:36:52 »
absyrd's current juice review:

mechsauce "Cosmic V": Very light lemonade flavor with a hint of blueberry on exhale. So much easier on throat than the Vapor Chef "Trillian". Def opting for the much cheaper and tastier mechsauce.
mechsauce "Mech Mint": WAY too ****ing minty. Do not buy. Takes forever to get it out of your tank. Opting for Vapor Chef's "Vanill-O-Mint" for sure.
mechsauce "2000 Berries": Tastes like a mixed berry sorbet. NOT too sweet at all for a berry flavor. Will order again.
mechsauce "Grape Drank": Tastes exactly like you think. A bit on the sweet side.
Detroit Rock Candy "Trip": Got this on that mystery $5 dealy. Smells and tastes like cotton candy. Not an ADV for sure, but maybe a nice change-up for dessert.

Offline jaffers

« Reply #809 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 18:14:14 »
Anyone else have weird 510 issues with a tugbox? Sometimes mine doesn't fire, I found the issue and fixed it but I still didn't think the authentic would have any issues.

Funny you say that, my tugbox clone has the same issue and I have found taking off the rda and putting it back on fixes the issue, but when I looked closely I can't seem to find the cause for it. It's a very simple circuit. One theory is that some e liquid gets caught between the center screw and spring loaded 510 post and causes a gap thus breaking the electrical connection. This is somewhat likely as there is movement due to being spring loaded and VG is a very thick juice. I will make some grooves on the surface of the 510 to try to allow for juice to move out of the way (similar to the way tires have tread to allow water to move out of the way to stop a layer from forming and maintain grip) and maybe increase the pressure of the spring.

In other news I ordered some milk man juice to see what all the fuss is about. And Black 'n' Blue from T Juice is amazing. I mixed it with some 100% VG and nicotine and let it seep for 2 weeks and the flavour is amazing.

I need to get a 200 watt VW/TC mod but I can't seem to decide on one. Anyone have any suggestions? I don't want to go spending to over the top

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #810 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 18:15:46 »

Funny you say that, my tugbox clone has the same issue and I have found taking off the rda and putting it back on fixes the issue, but when I looked closely I can't seem to find the cause for it. It's a very simple circuit. One theory is that some e liquid gets caught between the center screw and spring loaded 510 post and causes a gap thus breaking the electrical connection. This is somewhat likely as there is movement due to being spring loaded and VG is a very thick juice. I will make some grooves on the surface of the 510 to try to allow for juice to move out of the way (similar to the way tires have tread to allow water to move out of the way to stop a layer from forming and maintain grip) and maybe increase the pressure of the spring.

I actually know what the issue is and how to fix it, give me a bit to take some pictures.  :thumb:
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #811 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 18:16:41 »

I actually know what the issue is and how to fix it, give me a bit to take some pictures.  :thumb:

Interested to see this as my tug box just came in!

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #812 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 18:30:28 »
Tugbox 510 Spring Pin Issue

Sorry for the vertical picture, it was easier to hold my phone like that.  :p
More
119834-0

If you look at the red wire and follow it to the bottom of the 510 connector you'll see it attaches to a small pin that is seated a tube, this is the spring loaded part of the 510 that makes contact with the bottom of your RDA/RTA/tank/whatever. From what I've seen after playing with it the small pin attached to the red wire is a bit too small, leading to a bad connection. The solution is moving the red wire around until it forces the small pin to bind in the tube, this has no affect on the adjustability of the 510 and it still works with all my RDAs.

119832-1

^ ****ty diagram of what I'm saying.

Offline jaffers

« Reply #813 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 20:17:57 »
Tugbox 510 Spring Pin Issue

Sorry for the vertical picture, it was easier to hold my phone like that.  :p
More

If you look at the red wire and follow it to the bottom of the 510 connector you'll see it attaches to a small pin that is seated a tube, this is the spring loaded part of the 510 that makes contact with the bottom of your RDA/RTA/tank/whatever. From what I've seen after playing with it the small pin attached to the red wire is a bit too small, leading to a bad connection. The solution is moving the red wire around until it forces the small pin to bind in the tube, this has no affect on the adjustability of the 510 and it still works with all my RDAs.

(Attachment Link)

^ ****ty diagram of what I'm saying.

I see what you mean. I will try that, thanks for looking into it It's funny because my clone has identical parts to your authentic. And its painted on the inside of the case. I'd go as far to say its slightly better quality
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 December 2015, 20:22:42 by jaffers »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #814 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 20:57:30 »

In other news I ordered some milk man juice to see what all the fuss is about. And Black 'n' Blue from T Juice is amazing. I mixed it with some 100% VG and nicotine and let it seep for 2 weeks and the flavour is amazing.

I need to get a 200 watt VW/TC mod but I can't seem to decide on one. Anyone have any suggestions? I don't want to go spending to over the top

Depending on your budget:

reauleaux rx200 - $60
reauleaux dna200 - $160

Offline jaffers

« Reply #815 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 21:26:13 »

reauleaux rx200 - $60
reauleaux dna200 - $160

Cheers dude, I think I will go with the RX200.

I just cooked up a 90 dollar order on fasttech... More batteries. Wires, heaps of cotton, and rx200. It's gonna be good but I will have to be patient

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #816 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 21:34:07 »

reauleaux rx200 - $60
reauleaux dna200 - $160

I just cooked up a 90 dollar order on fasttech... More batteries. Wires, heaps of cotton, and rx200. It's gonna be good but I will have to be patient

Which batteries?

Also, you might have been able to spend about the same amount and get it all a lot sooner going through something like vapenw.com depending on how much cotton/wire/batteries you got.
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 December 2015, 21:43:16 by tjcaustin »

Offline jaffers

« Reply #817 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 02:26:14 »

reauleaux rx200 - $60
reauleaux dna200 - $160

Which batteries?

Also, you might have been able to spend about the same amount and get it all a lot sooner going through something like vapenw.com depending on how much cotton/wire/batteries you got.

I am getting it shipped to australia and that website said they don't ship there unfortunately. But you can pay a little extra on fasttech to significantly improve the speed. I am getting LG 18650 batteries. 3000mah ones

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #818 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 09:38:57 »
anyone bought steep popdeez online? any reputable online shops that's selling it for a good price?

I'm based in Malaysia and I've been looking for popdeez for a long time and it's always sold out. Decided to order it soon.

Tried Charlie's Chalk Dust (Dream cream) and it was darn good.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #819 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 09:41:52 »
anyone bought steep popdeez online? any reputable online shops that's selling it for a good price?

I'm based in Malaysia and I've been looking for popdeez for a long time and it's always sold out. Decided to order it soon.

Dream Cream made me want to barf. Anything cream, milk just tastes sour and awful to me.

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #820 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 09:43:27 »

Dream Cream made me want to barf. Anything cream, milk just tastes sour and awful to me.

maybe you're the fruity / tropical lover?

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #821 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 09:44:37 »
I guess. I think I've like the acidic stuff the most like the 2 lemonades I've tried. And I like subtle mint.

I'm going to experiment with a bunch more mechsauce because it is SO cheap to test.

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #822 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 09:49:52 »
I guess. I think I've like the acidic stuff the most like the 2 lemonades I've tried. And I like subtle mint.

I'm going to experiment with a bunch more mechsauce because it is SO cheap to test.

Alien ooze looks good. too bad they don't have 60/40 or 50/50 mix.

still using KFLP. maybe it's time for a dripper, or subohm tank

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #823 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 09:57:15 »
#happyholidays takes $5 off order 'til tonight. That is a free 30ml basically. Gonna get the wyfe some 0nic, max VG and see if she wants to vape. If it comes even close to triggering a migraine, game over.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #824 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 12:21:57 »
How strong is the metal taste when your coils start going?

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #825 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 12:37:25 »

I hated all the CCD I tried recently.  It all tasted similar and kinda bland.

I am getting it shipped to australia and that website said they don't ship there unfortunately. But you can pay a little extra on fasttech to significantly improve the speed. I am getting LG 18650 batteries. 3000mah ones

Ah.  Also, great choice on batteries.

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #826 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 12:42:46 »

hmm, pretty subjective i guess. I don't really taste them. maybe because i change my coils every two days

I hated all the CCD I tried recently.  It all tasted similar and kinda bland.

Ah.  Also, great choice on batteries.

maybe bad batches of them?  :confused:

Planning to brew my own liquid. Not sure if peanut butter, hazelnut and slight vanilla would be a good combination

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #827 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 12:44:13 »

hmm, pretty subjective i guess. I don't really taste them. maybe because i change my coils every two days

You build your own? Otherwise sounds mad expensive haha.

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #828 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 12:47:10 »

You build your own? Otherwise sounds mad expensive haha.

Yeah. well, i guess you'll have to learn how to build coils on your own eventually. what's your setup?

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #829 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 12:48:32 »
Right now sigelei 150w plus uwell crown tank. But I have a tfv4 mini otw so I guess I can try to build some coils.

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #830 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 12:51:46 »
OCC for uwell?

didn't know that there's a tfv4 mini. the original tfv4 mini is nice though

market's too saturated with subohm tanks now. don't know which one to choose, if i want one

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #831 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 12:54:22 »
Ladies and gents in this thread have me on the fast track. No mo cigs.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #832 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 15:16:44 »
OCC for uwell?

didn't know that there's a tfv4 mini. the original tfv4 mini is nice though

market's too saturated with subohm tanks now. don't know which one to choose, if i want one

Crown, tfv4 or herakles plus.  Ignore the rest.

Offline jaffers

« Reply #833 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 18:57:26 »

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #834 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 19:25:42 »
http://houseofvape.com.au/vape/accessories/ez-dripper-by-ez-cloud-company/

So this is a thing

I had to look up a review, found one by a budget rip trippers:  :))

TL;DW: this guy reviewed the damn thing when his cotton wasn't even dry, lol

Just get a tank m8

Offline _joe_king

« Reply #835 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 20:58:04 »
http://houseofvape.com.au/vape/accessories/ez-dripper-by-ez-cloud-company/

So this is a thing

That hurts my brain... I got sick of spilling my dripper in the car so I got a subtank mini. When I get to work (we are fortunate enough to be able to vape at work) I switch to my dripper. Dont drip and drive :p

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #836 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 10:01:23 »
I made it about 30 secs into that video before I wanted to shoot myself.

Thanktanks.

tfv4 will be here today.  :thumb:

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #837 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 11:32:45 »

Thanktanks.

if you do decide to use the rba on the tvf4 (i use it because a it is cheaper to make your own coils and b I'm running the stock Clapton it came with .6 ohms at 32 watts and my battery is lasting 2 days and it is sipping juice instead of guzzling and it is still chucking like a champ 8)

Rofl I'm just trying to picture your face absyrd when you see the size of the coils it uses oh Jesus they are obscenely large
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #838 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 11:49:40 »

Thanktanks.

if you do decide to use the rba on the tvf4 (i use it because a it is cheaper to make your own coils and b I'm running the stock Clapton it came with .6 ohms at 32 watts and my battery is lasting 2 days and it is sipping juice instead of guzzling and it is still chucking like a champ 8)

Rofl I'm just trying to picture your face absyrd when you see the size of the coils it uses oh Jesus they are obscenely large

Oh god they are large. And they guzzle juice like mad. I'm using the dual Clapton cool currently. I tried building the  rba and did something wrong because I burned cotton like a mad man.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #839 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 14:11:13 »

Thanktanks.

Oh god they are large. And they guzzle juice like mad. I'm using the dual Clapton cool currently. I tried building the  rba and did something wrong because I burned cotton like a mad man.

I'm using the pre-installed dual clapton (TF-CLP2) as well. BAHAHA. You ain't ****tin about the size. .35ohms at 40w and I'm not getting big clouds like my ni200 or .25 SS on the crown. Gotta figure this crazy thing out. Fun.

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #840 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 14:16:21 »
all these cloud chase talks :< am i the only one with the least vapor here?

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #841 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 14:21:11 »
This thing gets ****ing HOT even at 30W. Perhaps I have to TC this bad boy.

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #842 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 14:21:58 »

what's your resistance and the voltage at 30w?

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #843 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 14:24:03 »

I've been using mine at 50w. It does get pretty warm but it's rated for up to 100 I believe.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #844 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 14:40:21 »
Here is a fool proof easy way to wick your smok rba and no burnt hits or leaking it works freaking amazing
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/smok-tfv4-tank-review-and-how-to-wick-rba-for-no-dry-hits.158263/
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 December 2015, 14:42:26 by Sed8op8 »

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #845 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 14:55:48 »

I've been using mine at 50w. It does get pretty warm but it's rated for up to 100 I believe.

Trying 50W and this thing is drinking juice and making me cough like a mofo. No clue what I'm doing wrong.

Here is a fool proof easy way to wick your smok rba and no burnt hits or leaking it works freaking amazing
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/smok-tfv4-tank-review-and-how-to-wick-rba-for-no-dry-hits.158263/

Will watch this in full before the game tonight. Thanks, sed8!

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #846 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 15:05:32 »

Trying 50W and this thing is drinking juice and making me cough like a mofo. No clue what I'm doing wrong.

Yeah, it most definitely drinks up the juice. I dialed it back to 45w for a bit cooler hits but i wasn't getting any coughing no matter how high i went when i was testing.

Good flavors though!

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #847 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 15:11:02 »

Will watch this in full before the game tonight. Thanks, sed8!

It sounds to me like you might need to open up your tank airflow or take a different kind of inhale when you vape those coils.  I haven't messed with them in particular, but usually if I'm coughing and it's not because I took a drag of too high nic, it's because the air/juice ratio is screwy.  Additionally, don't try TC on the clapton coils for the tfv4, they're not made of a wire that works in TC.  Only stainless steel, ni200 and ti are compatible at the moment.

Edit:  Just found a trial pack of everything but the three newest coils - http://sweet-vapes.com/tanks/smoktech/smoktech-coils/tfv4bigfamily.html
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 December 2015, 15:15:11 by tjcaustin »

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #848 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 16:04:51 »
I think I just didn't prime the coil/cotton for long enough. Walked away from it for 30 mins and it is fine now. Still like my crown better for the time being.

Prob gonna try the triple coil next:
https://www.elementvape.com/smok-tfv4-replacement-triple-coil-0-2ohm-pack-of-5

EDIT: Already through half a tank of juice. Jebus ****ing christ. Good thing for mechsauce.
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 December 2015, 16:07:57 by absyrd »

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #849 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 16:13:55 »
I think I just didn't prime the coil/cotton for long enough. Walked away from it for 30 mins and it is fine now. Still like my crown better for the time being.

Prob gonna try the triple coil next:
https://www.elementvape.com/smok-tfv4-replacement-triple-coil-0-2ohm-pack-of-5

EDIT: Already through half a tank of juice. Jebus ****ing christ. Good thing for mechsauce.

Thats going to be one cloud throwing coil right there.

Im going to give the rebuildable another shot when i get home.