geekhack Community > Input Devices

Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.

<< < (106/107) > >>

Hypersphere:

--- Quote from: rasmusx on Thu, 11 May 2017, 03:46:35 ---Any reason why Logitech G403 is not on the list? It uses PMW3366 sensor.
It is a great mouse. Nothing really bad to say about it :)

--- End quote ---
Apparently, the list hasn't been updated since the G403 was released.

I agree about the G403. I am using it now, and it's a keeper. I've now tested around 20 mice, and generally I have not liked the Logitech gaming mice. However, the G403 has been on my list for some time, based on recommendations that I've seen on GH and DT, and based on reviews by Rocket Jump Ninja.

Usually, I prefer large mice for my palm grip, and so I hesitated to try the G403 because it was one of the smaller ones on my list. Finally, I gave it a try a few days ago, and I liked it instantly. This surprised me because of its size, but the shape feels just right. Another surprise is that I liked its relatively light weight. Another plus is that the surface does not feel sticky after using it for a while -- a drawback of many mice I have tested. The scroll wheel is also nice and quiet with just the right amount of tactile feedback.

The G403 glide, buttons, lighting, software, and cable are all fine. It has an optional extra 10 gram weight held in place magnetically -- this is okay, but I am either indifferent or negative about extra weights.

I also value aesthetics -- this is the most subjective criterion of all, but I still think the Razer DA Elite is the best-looking mouse. However, I regard the G403 as a close second.

Overall, the G403 is one of the best mice I have tested. It joins my other keepers, which include the Razer DA Elite and SS Rival 300.

xtrafrood:

--- Quote from: Hypersphere on Wed, 17 May 2017, 18:13:27 ---
--- Quote from: rasmusx on Thu, 11 May 2017, 03:46:35 ---Any reason why Logitech G403 is not on the list? It uses PMW3366 sensor.

--- End quote ---

I agree about the G403. I am using it now, and it's a keeper. I've now tested around 20 mice, and generally I have not liked the Logitech gaming mice. However, the G403 has been on my list for some time, based on recommendations that I've seen on GH and DT, and based on reviews by Rocket Jump Ninja.

Usually, I prefer large mice for my palm grip, and so I hesitated to try the G403 because it was one of the smaller ones on my list. Finally, I gave it a try a few days ago, and I liked it instantly. This surprised me because of its size, but the shape feels just right. Another surprise is that I liked its relatively light weight. Another plus is that the surface does not feel sticky after using it for a while -- a drawback of many mice I have tested. The scroll wheel is also nice and quiet with just the right amount of tactile feedback.

The G403 glide, buttons, lighting, software, and cable are all fine. It has an optional extra 10 gram weight held in place magnetically -- this is okay, but I am either indifferent or negative about extra weights.

I also value aesthetics -- this is the most subjective criterion of all, but I still think the Razer DA Elite is the best-looking mouse. However, I regard the G403 as a close second.

Overall, the G403 is one of the best mice I have tested. It joins my other keepers, which include the Razer DA Elite and SS Rival 300.

--- End quote ---

Rocket Jump Ninja is afaik one of the few people to address tilt slam issues. Just thought I would throw in that fact for folks that have sensor spin out while browsing the web and other mundane tasks like I do. G403 is on my list for sure

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: csmertx on Thu, 18 May 2017, 00:49:56 ---
--- Quote from: Hypersphere on Wed, 17 May 2017, 18:13:27 ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Rocket Jump Ninja is afaik one of the few people to address tilt slam issues. Just thought I would throw in that fact for folks that have sensor spin out while browsing the web and other mundane tasks like I do. G403 is on my list for sure

--- End quote ---

It shouldn't JUMP !

It would skip a bit, but I've never seen any longer distance jumps.

keybone:
Would love to see a mention of wireless gaming mice. Even if it's a statement how useless they are (and I'm not saying they are). I simply know they a thing, and curious to know how they hold up in a game context. Esp wrt to lag, and polling.

xtrafrood:

--- Quote from: keybone on Wed, 16 August 2017, 08:00:03 ---Would love to see a mention of wireless gaming mice. Even if it's a statement how useless they are (and I'm not saying they are). I simply know they a thing, and curious to know how they hold up in a game context. Esp wrt to lag, and polling.

--- End quote ---

Until the op is updated here is another resource you may or may not want to browse. http://www.rocketjumpninja.com/logitech-g403-review/

That's not the only wireless mouse that Zy reviewed I only posted that as an example. Some reviews are sponsored but from what I've seen and read Zy will find a mouse's weakness if there is one regardless if the video is sponsored or not. Call me a fanboy if you want.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S. IIRC from my Quake 1 play/create phase (1998 - Grade 8 ), Zy's Rocket Jump Ninja alt moniker probably refers to a thing people did with the 'rocket launcher' to reach secret areas easier. They (including my older bro) called it 'rocket jumping' well before Quake 3. It's probably an old nickname that adapted well to the newer Quake 3 and Quake Champions with level layouts attuned for the activity.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version