Author Topic: [GB]ChicoryBLE-wireless 40% keyboard(100% Shipped)  (Read 29959 times)

Offline prod

[GB]ChicoryBLE-wireless 40% keyboard(100% Shipped)
« on: Sun, 23 September 2018, 04:26:12 »
2019.5.17 update
All packages have already shipped. Thanks so much for patience and understanding.

2019.4.26 update
As known some cases were flawed and have been re-anodizing in Feb. Because of the factory schedule, there is no way to finish it all at once, so every time I can only receive a part of re-anodizing cases.
According to keep communicate with the person in charge of ALF, I expect to receive the all rest cases soon.
This is first time I run a formal GB, there are indeed a lot of unexpected situations that I didn’t think of before started.I have already prepared some gifts for delay.

2019.2.14 update
Until now, I have finished all packages shipping except Titanium Green(AKA:Greenish Grey), Pink and some other need re-do. According to communication with the factory, it can be shipped before the end of February.

2019.2.9 update
The spring festival legal holiday will end in two days, so I will continue shipping.
Here is the quick start of ChicoryBLE here:http://help.ydkb.io/doku.php?id=en:keyboards:chicory.

2019.1.26 update
I have got all cases from ALF last week, But when I place an order at ALF, I missed one word with titanium green, so I got a wrong color. And there are also a little cases have some defect. I have already sended these cases back to ALF to re-do.

Now the Spring Festival is coming, it's the most important festival in China. The legal holidays last 7 days, but most factory will have a 15 or more days holidays actually. So I will keep in touch with ALF to make sure these cases can re-do as soon as possible.

Shipping is also a problem during these days, most express company will suspended in Spring Festival, althought SF will keeping working, but the efficiency will be affected based on previous years' experience. I am a little worried about if the package have some mistake, the express company will not process immediate. So I will continuing shipping or not depend on the situation. Until now, I have only finished a few kits shipping in China.

Here is some pics of the cases:

2018.10.6 update
The ChicoryBLE group buy will end in Oct.7 at 9 a.m. PT, and I will cancel all unpaid invoice in 3 days.Thanks for all the guys who get in the groupbuy.I will update anything news in discord channel and here.

Just a simply wireless 40% keyboard

Interest Check here:https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=97143.0

Price
  • KIT:$128
  • Extra Chicory PCB:$48
  • Extra Switch plate:$16
  • Extra Case:$90

KIT Include
  • Chicory PCB with MDBT40 BLE Module, support both MX and Alps switch
  • Hollow silvery carbon fiber switch plate,will distinguish between MX+PCB mount stabilizers and Alps+PCB mount stabilizers
  • 6061 ALU case(9+1colors for selection,pearl white need +$40),tray mount, manufactured by ALF
  • Screws, tiny clear rubber bump pads, MSS-12D16 power switch, PH-2AW pin header and other accessories if necessary

KIT NOT Include
  • Switches
  • Keycaps
  • Type-C cable
  • Stabilizers or Costar
  • Battery(The size of battery slot is 115*40*4mm,recommend 3.7v Li-polymer battery)

Chicory PCB info
  • Atmega32u4, MDBT40 BLE Module etc.(BLE mode can work under macOS or Windows)
  • TMK firmware(YDKB.io)
  • USB-C to USB-A and USB-C to USB-C
  • Split-space
  • Ledmap
  • Charging indicator lights
  • Three optional footprints for power switch(MSS-12D16)
  • Two footprints for battery plug(PH-2AW), can working together, but this case can use only one

About effective Bluetooth range and batterylife
  • According to my experience, with the 1250mAh Li-polymer battery, the battery life can be one months at least every day use
  • According to the test, the effective Bluetooth range is about 3~4 meters in open area

This Groupbuy will close Oct.7

Ships within 1.5 - 2 month after GB payment collection. Shipping fees (based on SF Economy Express, 5-7 business days,http://www.sf-express.com/sg/en/dynamic_function/price/) will be invoiced when keyboard is ready to ship.Make sure your address is in SF dest list.And all prices exclude a 5% PayPal Fee/Exchange Fee.

More pics:https://imgur.com/a/ipmfOMG

Order form: https://goo.gl/forms/mAtLEAAik13QDaI33

The updates will be synced on Geekhack and ALF Discord.

« Last Edit: Fri, 17 May 2019, 09:46:16 by prod »
Chicory|YDPv2(BLUP)|BLE40|Daisy|YDPM|YD40w|Golbat

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
Re: [GB]ChicoryBLE-Simply wireless 40% keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 05:17:53 »
Approved :)
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline ChrisSwires

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 06:17:55 »
I shall be in in a few days. It's a staggered 40. So. Obligated. Plus - loving some of the anode options and while I don't care for two of the features (bluetooth and usb-c), the price is great.

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 09:59:03 »
Great price indeed -- Submitted. Look forward to it!  :thumb:
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 10:02:32 »
Another huge value buy! Thanks ProD! Might be my first 40

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
Re: [GB]ChicoryBLE-Simply and elegant wireless 40% keyboard, USB/BLE dual mode
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 11:53:18 »
i love everything about this except the plate-mount stabilizers. big bummer. that really undermines the quality of this kit

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 13:08:35 »
i love everything about this except the plate-mount stabilizers. big bummer. that really undermines the quality of this kit

GMK plate mount stabs are pretty good :)

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 18:05:17 »

not sure why this choice was made, it looks like the prototype has pcb-mounted stabs

Offline prod

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 20:37:26 »

Offline prod

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 06:03:53 »

Thanks for your support

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 13:13:29 »

Thanks for your support

Hi Prod can you confirm this is not compatible with PCB-mount stablizers?

Offline prod

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 00:22:28 »

not sure why this choice was made, it looks like the prototype has pcb-mounted stabs

Show Image

This kit use PCB mount stabilizers, not plate mount stabilizers, I hate plate mount stabilizers either

Offline prod

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 00:37:10 »

Thanks for your support

Hi Prod can you confirm this is not compatible with PCB-mount stablizers?

Of course it suppot PCB-mount stablizers, fortunately you notice me, or I will miss this ;D
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 September 2018, 03:45:42 by prod »

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 16:54:19 »

Looks like it is pcb-mount, I talked to ProD

Offline Hanks

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 10:45:24 »
Can't wait! :thumb:

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 11:01:34 »

Show Image

This kit use PCB mount stabilizers, not plate mount stabilizers, I hate plate mount stabilizers either

nice. thanks for clarifying.

as for the battery pocket, it doesnt seem to accept "standard" sizes, which i know there are many many sizes of lipo cells and "standard" is probably too specific of a term. even the battery used in the picture does not fit the pocket (there is an extra 20-25mm space). is it too late to widen that to 50mm instead of 40mm? seems like there would be more options available to us, and the battery is just getting taped down anyway.
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 September 2018, 12:25:20 by roostrc0gburn »

Offline prod

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 01 October 2018, 02:39:27 »

Show Image

as for the battery pocket, it doesnt seem to accept "standard" sizes, which i know there are many many sizes of lipo cells and "standard" is probably too specific of a term. even the battery used in the picture does not fit the pocket (there is an extra 20-25mm space). is it too late to widen that to 50mm instead of 40mm? seems like there would be more options available to us, and the battery is just getting taped down anyway.

If change the width size of battery slot, it will changes the overall dimension of the case, and I just check on aliexpress, there have so many type of battery can fit this case.

Offline 19MODL

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 01 October 2018, 17:33:20 »
How accommodating would this kit be for my first soldering experience? BT and 40% seem to fit the perfect niche in my keeb collection so far; I can't imagine progressing further into the hobby without learning to build a custom at this point, but I'd like to know how much the battery would complicate the building experience.
iGK64 - Kailh Speed Bronze - GMK Laser
Pok3r - MX Red - GMK Red Samurai
NIU Mini - Tealio - DSA Drifter
Incoming: Mechmini 2 - SA Night King

Offline prod

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 02 October 2018, 02:25:50 »
How accommodating would this kit be for my first soldering experience? BT and 40% seem to fit the perfect niche in my keeb collection so far; I can't imagine progressing further into the hobby without learning to build a custom at this point, but I'd like to know how much the battery would complicate the building experience.

I think no matter Battery or BT have no additional complicate than wire keyboard

Offline ChrisSwires

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 02 October 2018, 08:03:27 »
Ok, ok. I'm in.

Offline prod

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 03 October 2018, 08:41:49 »
Ok, ok. I'm in.

Thanks for your support

Offline 19MODL

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 03 October 2018, 19:06:16 »

I think no matter Battery or BT have no additional complicate than wire keyboard

Awesome! I'm pretty much in at this point except I'd like some better images of the case (from more angles) since that's where most of the cost stems from. I'm sure this will help convince some people who are on the edge about joining the GB. Lastly, why is the pearl white +40 USD more?
iGK64 - Kailh Speed Bronze - GMK Laser
Pok3r - MX Red - GMK Red Samurai
NIU Mini - Tealio - DSA Drifter
Incoming: Mechmini 2 - SA Night King

Offline prod

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 04 October 2018, 00:07:58 »

Awesome! I'm pretty much in at this point except I'd like some better images of the case (from more angles) since that's where most of the cost stems from. I'm sure this will help convince some people who are on the edge about joining the GB. Lastly, why is the pearl white +40 USD more?

Because pearl white is not anodized but a special surface treatment process, it will more smooth and exquisite, great feel of touch, easy for keep clean.

Offline prod

Re: [GB]ChicoryBLE-wireless 40% keyboard(update in Oct.6)
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 06 October 2018, 10:56:25 »
2018.10.6 update
The ChicoryBLE group buy will end in Oct.7 at 9 a.m. PT, and I will cancel all unpaid invoice in 3 days.Thanks for all the guys who get in the groupbuy.I will update anything news in discord channel and here.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 07 October 2018, 12:07:20 »

Show Image

If change the width size of battery slot, it will changes the overall dimension of the case, and I just check on aliexpress, there have so many type of battery can fit this case.

not sure why widening the battery pocket another 10mm will increase the case size?? there is easily enough space to do so without any other changes to the case and this will greatly increase the battery options available to us.

i am hesitant about buying a battery off aliexpress or taobao because i dont trust the quality of the regulator circuits. you dont state it anywhere, but we need to use regulated cells in this build. i would rather buy from a reputable distributor than some random off aliexpress. a faulty battery could be very hazardous, and i would recommend caution to everyone building this kit.

I hope you will consider editing the battery pocket size so that we can use other battery sizes. i will probably not be joining this group buy unless safer options are available
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 October 2018, 12:08:53 by roostrc0gburn »

Offline prod

« Reply #25 on: Sun, 07 October 2018, 18:36:23 »

Show Image

not sure why widening the battery pocket another 10mm will increase the case size?? there is easily enough space to do so without any other changes to the case and this will greatly increase the battery options available to us.

Show Image

i am hesitant about buying a battery off aliexpress or taobao because i dont trust the quality of the regulator circuits. you dont state it anywhere, but we need to use regulated cells in this build. i would rather buy from a reputable distributor than some random off aliexpress. a faulty battery could be very hazardous, and i would recommend caution to everyone building this kit.

I hope you will consider editing the battery pocket size so that we can use other battery sizes. i will probably not be joining this group buy unless safer options are available

The Groupbuy has already end, thanks for your support!

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
Re: [GB]ChicoryBLE-wireless 40% keyboard(In production)
« Reply #26 on: Sun, 14 October 2018, 12:57:31 »
In production?
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline prod

« Reply #27 on: Sun, 14 October 2018, 22:01:38 »

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 08 November 2018, 02:39:50 »
Is there an update for this?

Offline theraphosa13

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 30 November 2018, 21:29:39 »
Still no update on this?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 01 December 2018, 21:08:04 »
Still no update on this?

Guess ProD will send pictures as soon as he receives them from ALF

Offline prod

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 04 December 2018, 01:00:00 »
Is there an update for this?
If it goes well, the production will be finished before the end of December.

Offline prod

« Reply #32 on: Tue, 04 December 2018, 01:00:13 »
Still no update on this?
If it goes well, the production will be finished before the end of December.

Offline prod

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 04 December 2018, 01:00:56 »
Still no update on this?

Guess ProD will send pictures as soon as he receives them from ALF

Thx oldcat

Offline holtenc

« Reply #34 on: Sat, 15 December 2018, 08:15:54 »
I typically prefer 45% over 40, but I'm regretting not getting in on this for the BLE. If you end up with extras hit me up!

Offline vewy_nice

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 19 December 2018, 11:14:28 »
I also missed this. I was on a hiatus from keyboards right around the time it was going on.
I'd also be interested in an extra.

Offline prod

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 24 December 2018, 05:18:31 »
I typically prefer 45% over 40, but I'm regretting not getting in on this for the BLE. If you end up with extras hit me up!

I also missed this. I was on a hiatus from keyboards right around the time it was going on.
I'd also be interested in an extra.

After all GB finish shipped, it will have some remaining kits for sale.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 08 January 2019, 21:02:18 »
What is the ETA?  I thought these would have shipped by now.  Will it be before or after 春节?
I'm back.

Offline prod

Re: [GB]ChicoryBLE-wireless 40% keyboard(Shipping)
« Reply #38 on: Sat, 26 January 2019, 08:08:21 »
Update in 2019.01.26

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #39 on: Sat, 26 January 2019, 17:18:28 »
The wrong green looks soooooo good

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 12:04:22 »
So did Titanium Grey come out as Titanium Green?
I'm back.

Offline theraphosa13

« Reply #41 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 20:32:21 »
Are there any pics of the white cases?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 20:48:09 »

I think Titanium gray is not greenish. Mine is gray. Will post some pictures when I receive it

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 30 January 2019, 11:42:09 »

I think Titanium gray is not greenish. Mine is gray. Will post some pictures when I receive it

Thx
I'm back.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #44 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 15:19:09 »

Thx

Here you go. Just received mine today. The white balance is off, the gray looks a bit cooler in real life than it appears in the picture. Super amazing. It's my first 40% and impressed by the quality of the case and PCB. Too bad I just had my 4 wisdom teeth removed, resting at home and unable to build it, will build next week if I recover from the excessive bleeding.

211858-0

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 15:35:27 »

Thx

Here you go. Just received mine today. The white balance is off, the gray looks a bit cooler in real life than it appears in the picture. Super amazing. It's my first 40% and impressed by the quality of the case and PCB. Too bad I just had my 4 wisdom teeth removed, resting at home and unable to build it, will build next week if I recover from the excessive bleeding.

(Attachment Link)

Oh that does look nice.  Do you already have your battery?  If so which one did you order?
I'm back.

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #46 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 16:05:52 »

Thx

(Attachment Link)

Get better soon OldCat, looking forward to seeing your build!

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #47 on: Wed, 06 February 2019, 06:46:56 »
恭喜发财 Happy New Year to our Asian partners!
I'm back.

Offline prod

« Reply #48 on: Sat, 09 February 2019, 03:04:59 »
恭喜发财 Happy New Year to our Asian partners!
THX SO MUCH!

Offline neon_tom

Re: [GB]ChicoryBLE-wireless 40% keyboard(50%Shipped)
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 09 February 2019, 13:51:44 »
Has anyone managed to find a battery that fits the case? If so, can you provide a link? I’ve been searching but had no luck with the dimensions.