Author Topic: Broken Links on Uploaded Images  (Read 6808 times)

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
Broken Links on Uploaded Images
« on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 09:53:36 »
It appears some old images have been corrupted recently, see here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=24466.msg461494#msg461494

If I click on the broken thumbnail, it just sits on loading. If I try to open the image in a new tab, I'm greeted with this:

I've also noticed on other old topics, the pictures are completely random and not what should be there: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=9456.msg170493#msg170493

All these pics were broken at one point, now they're just random images somehow.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: Broken Links on Uploaded Images
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 10:21:58 »
Alerted the magic man behind the curtain, hopefully we can resolve this SoonTM:thumb:

Offline Matt@Drop

• * Administrator
    • Massdrop
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 13:03:35 »
So this was a permissions issue inside of SMF, and ultimately I'm not sure if the board permissions are even correct, but I have given guests the ability to view attachments on this board. This should fix the issue at least for a couple of boards I've seen in the same state, however not all were like this, only a handful.

We will loop around and double check all of the permissions on the boards to ensure they're properly setup and usable by all.

Cheers,

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 13:19:32 »
So this was a permissions issue inside of SMF, and ultimately I'm not sure if the board permissions are even correct, but I have given guests the ability to view attachments on this board. This should fix the issue at least for a couple of boards I've seen in the same state, however not all were like this, only a handful.

We will loop around and double check all of the permissions on the boards to ensure they're properly setup and usable by all.

Cheers,

Looks much better now, thanks for the quick turnaround!