Author Topic: Little audio help.  (Read 1497 times)

Offline Fragil1ty

• Abre los ojos.
Little audio help.
« on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 12:24:36 »
I'm looking at purchasing this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000KIPT30/ref=s9_simh_gw_p267_d4_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_r=0TQRZE3YS45J9BQWXWG8&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455345507&pf_rd_i=468294

Just for home use, it's a "Behringer HA400 Microamp", I just want to get the best sound possible really, so my question is this.

Obviously it has the 1-4 outputs and that's where my headphones will go, I get the 12v adapter also, but the input? what would go into the input slot, there's nothing in the description that implies I'll get a wire that comes with it to plug into that input and the into my computer, would I have to buy this separately and if so, what would I have to buy to plug it into my green 3.5 jack to this? would it just be 3.5mm to 6.5mm?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm not an audio wizz by any stretch of the imagination.

Thanks.
你搞砸了

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
Re: Little audio help.
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 12:35:47 »
I'm looking at purchasing this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000KIPT30/ref=s9_simh_gw_p267_d4_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_r=0TQRZE3YS45J9BQWXWG8&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455345507&pf_rd_i=468294

Just for home use, it's a "Behringer HA400 Microamp", I just want to get the best sound possible really, so my question is this.

Obviously it has the 1-4 outputs and that's where my headphones will go, I get the 12v adapter also, but the input? what would go into the input slot, there's nothing in the description that implies I'll get a wire that comes with it to plug into that input and the into my computer, would I have to buy this separately and if so, what would I have to buy to plug it into my green 3.5 jack to this? would it just be 3.5mm to 6.5mm?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm not an audio wizz by any stretch of the imagination.

Thanks.

The input slot would be your source. If you are going from your PC to the Behringer device, you will most likely need one of these:

along with
and you should be all set.
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline Lurch

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 12:38:43 »
You can always skip the adapters, and get a cable like this:

You might be able to find a cable like this in your local audio store, but if not, you should be able to find what you are looking for on Amazon (or similar).

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 12:39:17 »
Lurch, that cable you posted a pic of is mono.  You'll want a stereo 3.5mm M/M cable, Fragility - which is what Lurch meant, I'm sure.  ;)

And now you've posted a second one which is good.   :p

Offline Lurch

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 12:45:42 »
Lurch, that cable you posted a pic of is mono.  You'll want a stereo 3.5mm M/M cable, Fragility - which is what Lurch meant, I'm sure.  ;)

And now you've posted a second one which is good.   :p

Good eye, Hoffbro. ;)

That is indeed what I meant. :-*

Make sure the cable you get is stereo. :thumb:

Here is a picture of a stereo male-to-male cable:

Note the black rings on the tip of the connector.

Offline Fragil1ty

• Abre los ojos.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 August 2014, 13:17:43 by Fragil1ty »
你搞砸了

Offline Lurch

Offline nar

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 21:02:31 »
Are you trying to run multiple headphones at once? This amp won't really increase the quality at all (and depending on your source, it might make it worse for more sensitive headphones). It's solely for being a cheap way to drive multiple headphones at once.
Keyboards: Topre HE0100 | REALFORCE 103UB & 104UB-DK | FILCO Majestouch 2 Ai Cherry MX Blue | CHERRY G84-4101SPAUS