Author Topic: We're back?? :D  (Read 2530 times)

Offline osi

We're back?? :D
« on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 09:27:02 »
Wat happen? Someone set up us the bomb

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
Re: We're back?? :D
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 09:28:01 »
My post in the morning today was the last one before going offline in the 'post your clack' thread :-\
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 August 2014, 09:30:41 by madhias »
... ...

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 09:30:15 »
Yeah, seems like Geekhack has been offline for quite some time today. Last post made today previous to the few that were made in the last few minutes was many hours ago.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 August 2014, 09:32:00 by Grim Fandango »
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
We're back?? :D
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 09:32:59 »
jesus h, what was that?
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 09:34:48 »
 :-\
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 09:35:26 »
Wat happen? Someone set up us the bomb

Operator: We get signal.
Captain: What!
Operator: Main screen turn on.
Captain: It's You!
Cats': How are you, gentlemen? All your base are belong to us. You are on the way to destruction.
Captain: What you say?
Cats: You have no chance to survive make your time. Ha Ha Ha Ha ...
Captain: Take off every "zig"! You know what you doing. Move "zig". For great justice.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 09:36:13 »
Quote from skype:

[7:00:12 AM] ming: gh is down
[7:00:16 AM] ming: hardware failure
[7:00:22 AM] ming: physical access en route
[7:00:32 AM] Noel: dang.
[7:00:33 AM] ming: uploading a video notice on the youtube site
[7:00:39 AM] Noel: who's going there? you?
[7:00:51 AM] ming: no, our local "oh ****" guy

Glad to see we're back up though!
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 09:39:24 »
I'm now recruiting for a crack team of GHers. The mission of this group is to ensure that we can have physical access to the server to fix future issues like this and to rescue our packages from the clutches of USPS. Anyone want in?

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 09:42:17 »
I'm now recruiting for a crack team of GHers. The mission of this group is to ensure that we can have physical access to the server to fix future issues like this and to rescue our packages from the clutches of USPS. Anyone want in?

For the right price, I'll move in to the server room and wait ;) As for the packages...that's federal. I'm not messing with that.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline caesar

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 09:47:11 »
time to change server/hosting? ><

Offline EpicSNES

• how do i keyboard
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 09:50:57 »
Man I was scared for a moment that I'd need to go... OUTSIDE :eek:

Filco Tenkeyless mx blue

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 09:59:52 »
I'll sell you guys my old Dell PowerEdge. I bet it's hardware would be a little more reliable (seems like we get a major hardware failure all too often around here...)
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 10:03:06 »
Glad everything is back up, but is the video still going up of what happened as I'm quite interested of what happened if they needed to record it
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 10:31:59 »

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 11:03:49 »

I'm game. I'll bring snacks.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 13:54:46 »
There are tons of switches hanging around in our store room gathering dust...

I would be more than happy to take some and exchange them for some CCs ;)
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline cbot

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 14:42:10 »
I was so scared and lonely I didn't know what to do.

Offline osi

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 14:58:20 »
All the zigs

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 15:47:53 »

I was so scared and lonely I didn't know what to do.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 16:53:18 »
I love Elzy

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 17:25:37 »
this
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 17:28:32 »
I put my daughter's keyboard back together during the outage.

What did everyone else do?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 17:33:03 »

went outside
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 17:34:04 »

went outside

:eek:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 18:03:16 »
ARE YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US. WHAT YOU SAY?!

Offline Belfong

« Reply #25 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 18:09:49 »
I went to reddit to get my fix and saw some familiar names there.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 19:01:33 »
I also had a quick look on Deskthority (the Geekhacker Refugee thread), but it has been archived.