Author Topic: Outemu Sky V2 Tactile Switches with Silent Stems  (Read 16094 times)

Offline Wood_Cables

• Wood/Cables
Outemu Sky V2 Tactile Switches with Silent Stems
« on: Wed, 06 February 2019, 09:42:54 »
First of all, by far the best switch I've ever used, but with a couple of caveats.

/u/hbheroinbob is the guy that sells these things, and he basically sells them as a DIY kit, so you gotta put them together yourself which is easy.

Alright, so I stuffed a 75g spring in these things, which are smooth as butter once you get past the bump. Speaking of the bump, it's drastic but feels very nice. It's a "soft" bump, for lack of a better work. I have some Hako Royal tactile switches with a similar spring, and they're much more abrupt.

Now for the negatives, and one of them is based on the type of board I use. On my rev 6 Planck, which uses hotswap sockets, the switches don't sit very snug due to the switch leads being thin. Look at Kailh Pro switches for thicker switch leads. So, they do wiggle a little bit. Secondly, since I have SA caps and these are not box type switches, there's some cap wiggle...but less than other standard switches that I've used.

So, people should definitely check these things out.

Offline Findecanor

Re: Outemu Sky V2 Tactile Switches with Silent Stems
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 06 February 2019, 10:50:57 »
Do you have a link?

Offline Wood_Cables

• Wood/Cables
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 06 February 2019, 10:58:44 »
Do you have a link?

https://www.reddit.com/user/hbheroinbob/comments/a7ugnk/silent_outemu_22_stems_and_blue_ice_bases_have/

He doesn't have any type of store online or otherwise. Just go there and find most of the info you need. The pricing is kind of weird but I'll tell you this, I got 50 complete switches for like $38 which is obviously not that bad.

Offline Bernice93

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 20 April 2019, 04:03:12 »
Do you have a link?

He doesn't have any type of store online or otherwise. Just go there and find most of the info you need. The pricing is kind of weird but I'll tell you this, I got 50 complete switches for like $38 which is obviously not that bad.

Just what I needed, worked a treat, thank you!

Offline Zoro_Senpaii

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 21:12:49 »
This gets me juiced :) I am excited  to try these quiet bois

Offline Legonut

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 13 July 2019, 01:42:35 »
How do you feel about the bottom out stiffness compared to Zilents? I don't like how "squishy" they are, feels kinda cheap and rubber-domey.

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 17:20:01 »
How do you feel about the bottom out stiffness compared to Zilents? I don't like how "squishy" they are, feels kinda cheap and rubber-domey.

i just got me a set of these and yeah, i don't exactly like the squishy feeling compared to zilents.  then again, they're half the price, so it's a compromise i'm willing to make.  these are really nice.  i'll give 'em a few days and see how i adjust but my initial thought is they're zilents with a little extra rubber dome squish.

Offline eas

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 17:35:46 »
I experimented with cutting the bottom bumpers off some 3203 lubed v2.2 and must say I really love the results. However kept the bumpers for a work board because I work with crybabies.