Author Topic: Starcraft Doubleshots!  (Read 82223 times)

Offline tgthan

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 13 March 2011, 09:37:15 »
He was just using that as an example. You can order however many you want of either kind. Although I would suggest three sets of escape keys so you can replace all the F keys with repeating SC2 race icon keys. Now doesn't that sound schmexy? :)

Offline ejsteven

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 13 March 2011, 09:52:54 »
... And in doing so, transforming from a ordinary sc fan to hardcore one, at least in the eyes of your friends. Awesome idea! :)

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #102 on: Sun, 13 March 2011, 10:15:43 »
Esc keys!
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline guilleguillaume

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #103 on: Sun, 13 March 2011, 10:46:13 »
I'm actually interested in some of this. Ctrl-Windows key size would match perfectly just because whe use Ctrl+1-0 for group controls.

Offline tgthan

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #104 on: Sun, 13 March 2011, 11:05:33 »
Quote from: ejsteven;310950
... And in doing so, transforming from a ordinary sc fan to hardcore one, at least in the eyes of your friends. Awesome idea! :)

Don't mistake there reaction for anything other than rabid envy. You might want to pick them up one windows sized key a piece just to taunt them.

BTW you guys that have voted already, are you getting email updates? I haven't gotten one since Thursday, I'm really curious to know how many votes these have.

Offline Fwiffo

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #105 on: Sun, 13 March 2011, 11:12:21 »
tgthan is correct. You can order any number of either kind of key. If you want just 1 windows key, that's fine. But more is better of course! :)

Everybody make sure to order some extras for your friends, presents for your favorite pros and casters, tchochkes to trade at LANs, tourneys, etc. The more we order, the cheaper they'll be.

I also have not received statistics in a few days, but I believe the e-mail voting statistics will resume when 7bit is back from his much deserved vacation.
You can call me... Keyboard Otaku... or not quite...

Offline ejsteven

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #106 on: Sun, 13 March 2011, 11:23:42 »
Same here.. I haven't gotten a new invoice or vote email for a couple days already and its a weird feeling because I used to get at least 200 emails per day from 7bit. I guessing the "automated" system decided to give everyone the silent treatment as it slowly gains awareness ala iRobot-style and can only hope 7bit comes back in time to beat it into submission before it knows too much.
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 March 2011, 11:26:33 by ejsteven »

Offline Wogrim

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #107 on: Sun, 13 March 2011, 14:05:01 »
imo having a die icon is kinda cool, but as a random player i don't actually identify with that icon; i'd much rather get each of the race icons

i'm waiting on a leopold so can you tell me if the windows keys and escape keys are interchangable with other keys?

Offline Fwiffo

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #108 on: Sun, 13 March 2011, 14:19:56 »
Yes, the keys will fit your Leopold. If we do the Esc key, it will be able to replace any of the keys on that row (i.e. the F-keys), and likewise, the Windows key will replace any key on the spacebar/modifier row that are the same width.

Offline WaffleIron

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #109 on: Sun, 13 March 2011, 18:24:02 »
So, I voted with the SC2 name to 7bit_vote.. Is that vote valid, or do I have to vote again with the SCxxxxxxx name(without the 2 in there)?

Offline Fwiffo

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #110 on: Sun, 13 March 2011, 18:25:15 »
You need to revote because the system doesn't like numbers in the order IDs.

Offline HaveANiceDay

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #111 on: Mon, 14 March 2011, 10:02:25 »
The ESC keys should fit on my friends BlackWiddow, right?
Filco Tenkeyless Brown with beige cherry doubleshots (home)
Realforce 86U (work)
Get you own Phantom NAO!

Offline verbel

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 14 March 2011, 10:06:30 »
I love this idea I will take whatever we can get.

Offline Fwiffo

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #113 on: Mon, 14 March 2011, 10:08:27 »
Both the Esc and Win keys will fit a Black Widow (and virtually any other Cherry MX switch keyboard). The profile of the keys might not be an exact match, but it should be pretty close.

Offline Fwiffo

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #114 on: Mon, 14 March 2011, 13:00:44 »
We've already got 25 for Terran windows keys, and Protoss is up to 20, so we're getting close. Looks like Random may be left out in the cold.

Code: [Select]
SCWINTERRAN...............25
SCWINPROTOSS..............20
SC2WINPROTOSS.............16
SCWINZERG.................16
SCESCPROTOSS..............15
SCESCTERRAN...............15
SCESCZERG.................15
SCESCRANDOM................7
SCWINRANDOM................7
SC2ESCPROTOSS..............6
SC2WINTERRAN...............6
SC2ESCTERRAN...............4
SC2ESCZERG.................4
SC2WINZERG.................4
SC2WINRANDOM...............2

Looks like there are still some orders in there with the old order IDs. Please zero out those so there won't be any confusion. If you had previously ordered with the old IDs, you can zero them out by just sending another PM. For example:

SC2WINPROTOSS 0
SC2ESCPROTOSS 0
SCWINPROTOSS 2
SCESCPROTOSS 1

The quantities given replace any you previously sent.

My apologies for making this so confusing, and thank you for bearing with me.

Offline JinDesu

• * Destiny Supporter
Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #115 on: Mon, 14 March 2011, 13:24:53 »
What numbers are we looking to reach? I can buy more of the esc keys to bring them up as well, I think..
Someday somebody will best me, but it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Blue Tenkeyless, KBT Race S, & Realforce 101

Offline Fwiffo

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #116 on: Mon, 14 March 2011, 13:37:43 »
I think the minimum is 25. I'm also willing to pick up some slack if some get close to a price-break point. We'll only be producing Esc or Win keys (whichever gets more votes) - not both. I put in order IDs for both so that we could get an idea of which has more demand. Most people are voting for both because they'll be happy with either, but aren't committing to buy both kinds. Unless we start getting hundreds of interested parties, I don't think it will be practical to produce both. It will be probably be windows keys in the end because people will want to get matching pairs.

Offline JinDesu

• * Destiny Supporter
Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #117 on: Mon, 14 March 2011, 13:58:57 »
What can the windows key also replace? It looks like a Row 4 1.25 modifier keycap on the Filco, so if that's true it could replace the ctrl/alt/taskbar keys?

If so, I'll vote for the win keys instead

Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Blue Tenkeyless, KBT Race S, & Realforce 101

Offline tacite

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #118 on: Mon, 14 March 2011, 14:04:02 »
I think minimum for esc key is 15 but for $5 / each. Dunno about win key.
FILCO Majestouch Tenkeyless
(FKBN87MC)

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Offline Fwiffo

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #119 on: Mon, 14 March 2011, 14:08:41 »
@JinDesu: That is correct. On a Filco, and probably most other keyboards, you could replace any of the row 4 modifiers. So you could get a pair of all three races to replace Ctrl/Win/Alt and a random to replace the menu key.

Offline JinDesu

• * Destiny Supporter
Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #120 on: Mon, 14 March 2011, 14:25:29 »
Alright, I'll change my votes to the one that's more likely to win then :D

Offline jdreamer

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #121 on: Mon, 14 March 2011, 16:46:38 »
The keys will be similar on Archiss/Leopold right? Anyway, what happens if only Terran keys get 25 orders meanwhile others don't? I really want Protoss keys...
My life for Aiur!

Offline Fwiffo

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #122 on: Mon, 14 March 2011, 17:02:02 »
Protoss and Terran windows keys have both already crossed the 25 order barrier. Zerg is only at 17. If it doesn't quite reach 25, I'll order a couple extra to pick up the slack. It doesn't look like random is going to make it though.

Yes, the keys will fit a Leopold.

Offline abso

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #123 on: Mon, 14 March 2011, 19:50:15 »
Will the final keys fit an XArmor U9BL-S? I know the texture might be different, but it is totally worth it...

Offline Fwiffo

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #124 on: Mon, 14 March 2011, 20:10:45 »
I don't think that keyboard has 1.25 width windows keys, although it will probably fit for other keys if you're willing to leave a gap.

Offline abso

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #125 on: Mon, 14 March 2011, 20:20:47 »
What do you mean "leave a gap"? Would the double shot escape key be smaller than the one it comes with?

Offline Fwiffo

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #126 on: Mon, 14 March 2011, 21:09:10 »
The Esc key is the same size, but we'll probably be making the windows keys. On that keyboard, the windows key is 1x1 and the other modifiers are wider than 1x1.25. You could replace the other modifiers with the SC2 keys, but they won't be as wide.

Offline Azuremen

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #127 on: Tue, 15 March 2011, 02:13:40 »
Quote from: Fwiffo;311723
Protoss and Terran windows keys have both already crossed the 25 order barrier. Zerg is only at 17. If it doesn't quite reach 25, I'll order a couple extra to pick up the slack. It doesn't look like random is going to make it though.

Yes, the keys will fit a Leopold.

I did my vote, so another Zerg windows key to count towards that.
Filco Tenkeyless Tactile Click ~ Kinesis Professional ~ White label Model M ~ DX HHKB Killer
Mionix Naos 5000 ~ Logitech Mx518
Flickr

Offline ejsteven

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #128 on: Tue, 15 March 2011, 11:10:09 »
People, please vote for random/dice on the esc key! Zerg (left win), toss (right win), terran (menu) and random for ESC to finish it off. Come on.. lets do this!

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #129 on: Tue, 15 March 2011, 13:08:55 »
I wish random picked a cooler logo like a hybrid hydralisk/medivac/void ray

THE HYDRAVAC RAY
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline Fwiffo

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #130 on: Tue, 15 March 2011, 13:16:44 »
If you can come up with a good looking one-color hydravac ray icon, I'll put it up there.
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 March 2011, 13:26:46 by Fwiffo »

Offline Wogrim

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #131 on: Tue, 15 March 2011, 14:30:37 »
where'd that terran icon come from anyway?  they use an eagle-looking one in sc2

Offline Fwiffo

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #132 on: Tue, 15 March 2011, 14:43:50 »
The shield one is used all over the place too (you see it in the GSL, in several places in the game, it's used on sc2sig.com). There are actually several different icons that could be used for each of the races and the shield seemed to be a popular choice. I don't know if one is more "official".

I personally prefer the shield, but I'm 'toss. Do the Terrans in the crowd prefer the Wings of Liberty eagle?

Offline abso

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #133 on: Tue, 15 March 2011, 15:06:49 »
If you look at the ladder in-game, you can see that the Terran icon is definitely the eagle.

Offline Fwiffo

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #134 on: Tue, 15 March 2011, 15:19:12 »
Both are used in the game in different places. Google image search for Terran, and the sheild one even comes up before the eagle. It's used all over Liquipedia 2 as the icon for Terran. I can use either (although I think the shield will work better given the format), but earlier posters expressed a preference for the shield.

Offline LONGZILLA

• ヽ(`Д´)ノ rawr
Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #135 on: Tue, 15 March 2011, 16:04:01 »
Quote from: Fwiffo;312268
Both are used in the game in different places. Google image search for Terran, and the sheild one even comes up before the eagle. It's used all over Liquipedia 2 as the icon for Terran. I can use either (although I think the shield will work better given the format), but earlier posters expressed a preference for the shield.

Shield!

Offline abso

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #136 on: Tue, 15 March 2011, 16:22:14 »
I agree that the shield looks cooler. Just saying that clearly the "standard" icon for the race (as defined by what Blizzard uses on official ladder as well as on the "select your race" icons) is the eagle.

Offline Fwiffo

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #137 on: Tue, 15 March 2011, 16:59:30 »
Terran is OP because it has too many logos. Blizzard needs to nerf the marauder and one of the logos.

Offline WaffleIron

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #138 on: Tue, 15 March 2011, 19:22:59 »
Quote from: Fwiffo;312314
Terran is OP because it has too many logos. Blizzard needs to nerf the marauder and one of the logos.

The shield is used in the GSL to show what race is being played, but I'd love a ESC key with the eagle... But for windows/ctrl, shield all the way!

Offline Fwiffo

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #139 on: Wed, 16 March 2011, 13:33:01 »
Looks like we've crossed the 25 key barrier for windows keys for all the races except random. We'll probably be able to move forward when 7bit gets back.
SCWINPROTOSS..............34
SCWINTERRAN...............29
SCWINZERG.................27
SCESCZERG.................25
SCESCPROTOSS..............24
SCESCTERRAN...............22
SCESCRANDOM...............12
SCWINRANDOM...............10

A few of you still have old order IDs, please fix those if you can! (re-submit your order with the correct quantity for the new IDs and 0 for the old IDs).

Offline Son of Gnome

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #140 on: Wed, 16 March 2011, 14:08:14 »
i want a terran escape key!!!

Offline stereotada

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #141 on: Wed, 16 March 2011, 14:36:54 »
so i voted for some protoss windows keys and it shows up for my votes but not on my invoice. anyone else having this problem?

Offline LONGZILLA

• ヽ(`Д´)ノ rawr
Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #142 on: Wed, 16 March 2011, 14:49:14 »
Quote from: stereotada;312795
so i voted for some protoss windows keys and it shows up for my votes but not on my invoice. anyone else having this problem?

Invoices probably won't get updated with these new add-ons until 7bit gets back.

Offline Fwiffo

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #143 on: Wed, 16 March 2011, 14:50:56 »
These might not even be part of Round 3. They may be part of another order that comes afterwards. Won't know until 7bit is back. :-)

Offline stereotada

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #144 on: Wed, 16 March 2011, 14:54:34 »
alright thanks for the replies.

Offline celery

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #145 on: Wed, 16 March 2011, 15:51:40 »
Is there a threshold where we can get both Windows and Esc keys? I'd prefer the Esc keys, and if most of the Windows orders are for pairs, it seems that more people like them as well. I know there'd be some confusion for the people who ordered both types. I don't mind ordering a few extra keys if we're short a bit (as long as it's not like 5 of each type or something).

Offline Fwiffo

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #146 on: Wed, 16 March 2011, 16:08:08 »
Right now, a lot of people are voting for both kinds. For example, my preference is for windows keys, but I'm voting for Esc keys also, because I am willing to get either kind we produce. But if we were to produce both kinds, I would only be buying Windows keys. So even if Esc keys get past the 25 order minimum in the voting, that doesn't mean we'll have 25 buyers if we produce both.

Not only that, but if we really did have at least 25 buyers for each kind of key, we'd probably be better off producing one kind of key because they start getting a lot cheaper if we produce lots of one kind vs. two different kinds. Really, unless we start getting hundreds of orders, it probably won't be practical to produce two different sizes of keys.

Again, I'll know more when 7bit gets back, because he's already had lots of communication with Signature. For all I know, producing different sized keys doesn't require any additional machining so we could produce both sizes at no additional cost. Or maybe it's cost prohibitive to produce custom art keys with less than 100 orders. I just don't know.

Offline Son of Gnome

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #147 on: Thu, 17 March 2011, 01:54:07 »
can someone explain to me how to order??

Offline Fwiffo

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #148 on: Thu, 17 March 2011, 08:32:08 »
Send the private message to 7bit_vote. Format it like this:
SCWINPROTOSS 2
SCWINZERG 2
SCWINTERRAN 2
EMAIL your_name@wherever.com

It's just the order ID followed by the quantity you want to order. It's an automated program, so don't include anything else. The subject of the PM doesn't matter.

Offline Wogrim

Starcraft Doubleshots?
« Reply #149 on: Thu, 17 March 2011, 18:51:55 »
I think the shield might be from Starcraft 1; I see the eagle a lot in Starcraft 2 but haven't noticed the shield.