Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1404356 times)

Offline PuffBus

Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #8800 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 18:16:00 »
Rebuilt the injectors on a 1897 steam locomotive and drank 10 beers (so far)

Offline iri

« Reply #8801 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 02:32:51 »
The British can't make a candy right even if you hand them all the ingredients for the perfect candy bar. EU has much better nonsour chocolate unlike the US, but then they go and make **** like Flakes, Curlywurlys, and Yorkies. What a waste. And don't even get me started Parma Violets, they are like licking a dog's perfumed *******.
UK is not in the EU.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #8802 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 05:46:43 »

hahahahahhahahaha I've got to ask carefully!

Several years ago my former employer hired a guy from Poland who never lived in the UK before. At his first lunch at work, I told him "British beer is ****". He replied with "yes, and the bread here is also ****".

(Attachment Link)

Yep, that's true as well :D
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline phinix

« Reply #8803 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 05:50:37 »
The British can't make a candy right even if you hand them all the ingredients for the perfect candy bar. EU has much better nonsour chocolate unlike the US, but then they go and make **** like Flakes, Curlywurlys, and Yorkies. What a waste. And don't even get me started Parma Violets, they are like licking a dog's perfumed *******.
UK is not in the EU.

Yep, numpties kicked themselves out of it  :confused:
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline iri

« Reply #8804 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 07:44:59 »
Also, the 27 member states of the EU are more than capable of making great sweets. From the French petits fours to the Finnish liquorice nonsense :))
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #8805 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 16:17:09 »
Surprised people at work by knowing more about something that's nothing to do with me than the guy who was trying to do it, just so happens it's what I did for years at my old job.  Then I got found by my boss and tasked with pulling plastic fluff out of threaded holes in ventilator parts which isn't fun but it's hard to say it's not important.  Now for the best part of the day - cycling home in the pitch black along the canal dodging wildlife.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #8806 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 20:14:26 »
I went to a mustang meetup in my city. Apparantly there was the president of the registry there, and he had a 2020 gt in red and white stripes. It was one of two in canada.

Guys do not worry : we were keeping our social distance
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 June 2020, 17:15:58 by Sintpinty »

Offline jamster

« Reply #8807 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 21:00:59 »
I went to a mustang meetup in my city. Apparantly there was the president of the registry there, and he had a 2020 gt in red and white stripes. It was one of two in canada.

Initially thought you meant a rodeo.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #8808 on: Fri, 12 June 2020, 03:29:58 »
Sounds like a clever thing to do during a pandemic :confused:
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline PuffBus

« Reply #8809 on: Fri, 12 June 2020, 08:33:16 »

I've been to a few meets during all this, they were mostly safe. Everyone left a space between them when parked and stayed in their vehicles. Adapt and overcome.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #8810 on: Fri, 12 June 2020, 12:44:56 »

I've been to a few meets during all this, they were mostly safe. Everyone left a space between them when parked and stayed in their vehicles. Adapt and overcome.

Fair enough, but that surely makes you a little older than Sintpinty - I cannot believe she would be driving a Mustang!  Though maybe she was a passenger...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #8811 on: Fri, 12 June 2020, 17:15:33 »

Fair enough, but that surely makes you a little older than Sintpinty - I cannot believe she would be driving a Mustang!  Though maybe she was a passenger...

Yeah my dad owns it

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #8812 on: Fri, 12 June 2020, 17:41:16 »
Went on a hike in the Great Smokies. It was an easy hike and a beautiful day. That's me in the straw hat, someone was going to ask.

"It turns out that for a decade, whenever Trump wanted to get a loan, or make a deal, he would inflate the value of his real estate. For instance, suggesting that his 11,000-square foot penthouse was a 30,000-square foot penthouse.
And the attorney general of New York knew that Trump's property values were inflated because when it came time to pay taxes, Trump undervalued the very same properties.
It was all part of a very sophisticated real estate practice known as “lying.”
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline iri

« Reply #8813 on: Fri, 12 June 2020, 17:45:12 »
Went on a hike in the Great Smokies. It was an easy hike and a beautiful day. That's me in the straw hat, someone was going to ask.
:thumb:

-Ray Bradbury

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #8814 on: Fri, 12 June 2020, 19:23:25 »

You went on a walk and found 3 fossils. Amazing did you keep them?

Bad joke I know.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #8815 on: Fri, 12 June 2020, 19:29:43 »

found 3 fossils

We did find a snake. Here in the US, you can usually assume that most of the snakes that you come across are harmless.

"It turns out that for a decade, whenever Trump wanted to get a loan, or make a deal, he would inflate the value of his real estate. For instance, suggesting that his 11,000-square foot penthouse was a 30,000-square foot penthouse.
And the attorney general of New York knew that Trump's property values were inflated because when it came time to pay taxes, Trump undervalued the very same properties.
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8816 on: Fri, 12 June 2020, 19:38:17 »

found 3 fossils

We did find a snake. Here in the US, you can usually assume that most of the snakes that you come across are harmless.

you can usually tell by the shape of their head. triangular/diamond shaped head means steer clear.

Offline iri

« Reply #8817 on: Sat, 13 June 2020, 07:04:29 »

found 3 fossils

Is that the eastern indigo snake?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #8818 on: Sat, 13 June 2020, 08:02:40 »

Is that the eastern indigo snake?

No, those are more rare and found in much lower and warmer regions. This was up in the Great Smoky Mountains so it was either a black racer or a black rat snake.
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8819 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 00:27:54 »
Another horrible wasted day where I got nothing done and felt completely drained of energy. Didn't eat anything, got no work done, didn't even feel like playing video games. For like 40 mins I literally just sat on the edge of my bed staring at nothing.

Seems like the last year or so these sort of days are closer and closer together.

Offline vincenttngo1

« Reply #8820 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 19:11:49 »
Had to interview some new potential employees at my work (start-up company)

Haven't been so bored in a while.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8821 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 19:20:43 »

Really? I always loved interviews, one of the few pleasures of being a manager.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #8822 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 20:39:52 »

Vincent cringes at people spouting plattitudes, while noisyturtle takes pleasure in tormenting nervous people?
Not the same experience ...

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8823 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 21:03:53 »

Vincent cringes at people spouting plattitudes, while noisyturtle takes pleasure in tormenting nervous people?

Psychopaths are usually great workers.

Offline iri

« Reply #8824 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 06:08:47 »

Psychopaths are usually great workers.
until they frame you and take your place

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #8825 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 18:24:12 »
Another horrible wasted day where I got nothing done and felt completely drained of energy. Didn't eat anything, got no work done, didn't even feel like playing video games. For like 40 mins I literally just sat on the edge of my bed staring at nothing.

Seems like the last year or so these sort of days are closer and closer together.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8826 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 20:21:01 »

Show Image

wake up
make coffee out of instinct
realize you have nothing to do and nowhere to go
wish you were tired enough to go back to sleep. damn you coffee.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #8827 on: Sat, 18 July 2020, 21:47:15 »
My relatives are watching hamilton downstairs. It's the lamest musical i've ever seen. help

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
« Reply #8828 on: Sun, 19 July 2020, 02:49:34 »
I woke up about 07:45 (which is fine, we have a toddler, so that’s a lie-in) to find my wife’s face staring at me.
She said “There’s an illegal rave” to which I thought “That’s a very weird thing to dream”

Turns out there HAS actually been a massive illegal rave the other side of the city from us with a very powerful sound system and she’d been awake since 5am.

Fair enough.
"Romeo"     "Split75"   "Melody96"     "KBD8X MKII"     "Womier K87"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #8829 on: Sun, 19 July 2020, 06:26:08 »
I woke up about 07:45 (which is fine, we have a toddler, so that’s a lie-in) to find my wife’s face staring at me.
She said “There’s an illegal rave” to which I thought “That’s a very weird thing to dream”

Turns out there HAS actually been a massive illegal rave the other side of the city from us with a very powerful sound system and she’d been awake since 5am.

Fair enough.

Images of zombies running after people w/ it's the end of the world as we know it (REM) playing.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #8830 on: Sun, 19 July 2020, 08:06:27 »

My relatives are watching hamilton downstairs. It's the lamest musical i've ever seen.

I thought that it actually did a pretty good job of telling the story of his life - for what it was, all things considered.

But it was excruciatingly long, slow, and repetitive. It could have been compressed to about 1/3 of its original length without losing anything.

- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8831 on: Sun, 19 July 2020, 09:57:15 »

My relatives are watching hamilton downstairs. It's the lamest musical i've ever seen.

I thought that it actually did a pretty good job of telling the story of his life - for what it was, all things considered.

But it was excruciatingly long, slow, and repetitive. It could have been compressed to about 1/3 of its original length without losing anything.

What does Fohat think of the Marvel Universe 10 years of movies, like Avengers/Ironman

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
« Reply #8832 on: Sun, 19 July 2020, 10:44:15 »
Vi ĺkte till IKEA

And then picked up some roof rails for our car so we can get a roof box for camping next month.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #8833 on: Sun, 19 July 2020, 11:16:43 »

It could have been compressed to about 1/3 of its original length without losing anything.

the Marvel Universe 10 years of movies, like Avengers/Ironman

No coincidence that you quickly made that association!

Beyond that, I wish that there was a lot more story and a lot less "action" particularly the relentless and interminable silly fight scenes.

In general, the early ones were better than the later ones, and the first film for each character was usually the best.

One thing to note, I was a huge fan of the Dr Strange comics in the 1960s-1970s, and although I had low expectations for the movie it actually turned out to be quite good.
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline JayZz

« Reply #8834 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 13:12:56 »
I watched movies and played games today.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #8835 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 14:41:46 »
Went out for a sub today, got some good steps in me

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #8836 on: Thu, 06 August 2020, 00:41:05 »
Went to work (it's mostly dead downtown Chicago). Then procrastinated studying for the bar by doing projects around the home.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8837 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 03:35:14 »
Jack In The Box put hashbrowns in my milkshake and it's actually really good. Now I don't know whether to complain or to ask for hashbrowns in all my future milkshakes.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #8838 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 06:28:10 »
Jack In The Box put hashbrowns in my milkshake and it's actually really good. Now I don't know whether to complain or to ask for hashbrowns in all my future milkshakes.

Um........... ****ing what?

Offline phinix

« Reply #8839 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 06:33:17 »

You mean hashbrowns or hashbrownies?
I can never tell the difference - dont know why poeple at Mcdonalds always give me that weird look when I say I want hashbrownies with my breakfast roll....

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
« Reply #8840 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 06:35:19 »
You mean hashbrowns or hashbrownies?

I mean, one is potato-ey, one is chocolatey - so I'd suspect the latter and since ice-cream and brownies together taste good, that makes sense.

On the other hand, some people like dipping chips in milkshake, so could be the former I guess.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #8841 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 06:36:27 »
OH we are talking about chocolate and not deep fried potato.

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
« Reply #8842 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 06:38:03 »
OH we are talking about chocolate and not deep fried potato.

Still undetermined, only noisy knows for sure.

Safe to say we're all on tenterhooks here, such is the excitement of our daily lives at the moment ;)

Offline phinix

« Reply #8843 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 06:39:54 »
Ooooh I think we ARE talking about deep fried potato! I'm pretty sure I read somewhere else that noisy likes to dip his fries in milkshake.

Offline iri

« Reply #8844 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 14:36:37 »
ewww

EWWW

noisyturtle, why do you have to be like that?!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8845 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 18:35:57 »
Went grocery shopping and on the way home these two kids tried to guilt me out of my food or something. It was a really weird experience. Just walking and these two teenagers start following me asking for things out of my bag, like the bread was sticking out and they were saying "Yo can we have your bread? We're hungry. How about some sodas, you got 12 of them." They literally used the race card saying, "Come on give us your bread, Black Lives Matter." And they just kept following me for like two blocks until I blew up at them and started going off about how broke I am and their guilt trip bull**** isn't going to work on someone already struggling and they were just like "Oh you're having a bad day my bad." and just walked off.

What would make anyone **** with someone like this? What was their intention? It was a very confusing and passive aggressive encounter. This is why I don't like leaving the house.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8846 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 20:05:01 »
HRrrrrrrmm... so what you're saying is , reopening = fake news,  economy in far worse shape, 

Tp4 should prepares to short airlines 1.5-2 months out.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8847 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 01:53:10 »
Have you ever seen a beyond compare ass of indescribable perfection that was so faultless in it's unmitigated flawlessness that you felt it would be rude to not at least steal a quick glance?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8848 on: Mon, 19 October 2020, 17:27:42 »
Had some light surgery today then immediately went grocery shopping and in a drugged out haze tore my stitches open in the store as I stumbled over a display of artisanal crackers. Not my best moment or smartest decision.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #8849 on: Mon, 19 October 2020, 17:55:10 »
I used to do stuff like that just to prove that I could.

By now, I have finally learned that it is best to follow professional advice in the aftermath of medical situations and give the body the opportunity to repair itself at its own pace, as it is programmed to do.
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28