Author Topic: Post Pictures Of Your Desk/Set Ups!  (Read 1407779 times)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
Re: Post Pictures Of Your Desk/Set Ups!
« Reply #3950 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 05:16:16 »
Got a new external HDD enclosure, and waiting for my Pexon Realforce cable. Everything else the same, so quite a solid setup for me now. Standing desk is great by the way! Especially when you have a little boy who likes cables...

Show Image

That is so nice and clean... What standing desk is that? Also, I love the monitor you are using.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3951 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 06:02:20 »
Got a new external HDD enclosure, and waiting for my Pexon Realforce cable. Everything else the same, so quite a solid setup for me now. Standing desk is great by the way! Especially when you have a little boy who likes cables...

Show Image

Lian Li case?  Looks a lot like the old Sun workstation cases.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #3952 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 06:39:33 »
That is so nice and clean... What standing desk is that? Also, I love the monitor you are using.

I really like very much! I bought the legs separate to the desktop table, unfortunately they were not cheap. But it works perfect, and they look "normal" and not like typical standing desk legs.

[EDIT]:

Yes! It is my second one, the first one has my mother-in-law now. This one is not bad, I like the HDD cage very much. It has not that much space, but enough for me. It is this model (PC-V750A).
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 June 2015, 11:58:42 by madhias »
... ...

Offline divito

« Reply #3953 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 18:33:59 »
Some nice stuff posted since I last took a look. I'm moving in the next few months and have been going crazy researching and designing what I want my office to look like. I need to make more money lol.
Varmilo (MX Grey) KeyCool 87 (MX Clear) Quickfire Stealth (MX Green)

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #3954 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 08:02:49 »

I really like very much! I bought the legs separate to the desktop table, unfortunately they were not cheap. But it works perfect, and they look "normal" and not like typical standing desk legs.

[EDIT]:

Show Image

Yes! It is my second one, the first one has my mother-in-law now. This one is not bad, I like the HDD cage very much. It has not that much space, but enough for me. It is this model (PC-V750A).

I have LOVED every Lian Li case I've owned. They are so well made.

I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3955 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 09:55:15 »

Show Image

Really like this setup

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3957 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 17:48:03 »
is that a fossil wallet?

i liked mine, but the edges in the middle slot started to fray in less than a year =/
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3958 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 21:26:41 »
Bored

Got rid of the ****ty book stands that my monitors were on and put everything back in its natural state. Typically is not this clean for sure lol.

Bonus picture, because she was nosing around.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #3959 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 23:29:25 »
My work desk. Screens minimized except for GH so I don't give away any top secret information ;)

Vortex iKBC with IMSTO dyesubs on MX browns on the left. Some obscure keyboard you guys probably haven't heard of in the middle. Both essentially have blank keycaps so it does put off people.

I mostly use the HHKB, but change it up whenever. It's pretty plain at the moment because I've only had it for a month, but I'm waiting on a couple of KRAPs from the recent sale which should spruce it up.

Oh yeah and please excuse the horrific pile of cables you see in the back.

« Last Edit: Mon, 22 June 2015, 23:31:19 by nmur »

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #3960 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 00:23:15 »
is that a fossil wallet?

i liked mine, but the edges in the middle slot started to fray in less than a year =/

It sure is, bought it 3 years ago when I was in SFO. Still works.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3961 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 00:46:08 »
lucky you, i ended up upgrading to a bellroy "very small"

possibly the best wallet i've ever owned.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #3962 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 03:00:21 »

I've seen some neat wallets on massdrod. Thinking of upgrading soon now that you mention it

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3963 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 03:10:23 »
Bored

Got rid of the ****ty book stands that my monitors were on and put everything back in its natural state. Typically is not this clean for sure lol.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

your desk looks so similar to my ikea one... though yours looks deeper

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3964 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 04:25:56 »
Bored

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60244745/

They don't seem to run in the black/white anymore though. Frankly I thought yours looked deeper than mine, but that's probably because I have two monitors using up a bit more space.

If anything, I want another desk that is deeper and one with a lower height, but this is okay for now.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3965 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 05:15:19 »
Bored

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

They don't seem to run in the black/white anymore though. Frankly I thought yours looked deeper than mine, but that's probably because I have two monitors using up a bit more space.

If anything, I want another desk that is deeper and one with a lower height, but this is okay for now.

yeah thats the one I have, and yeah I was tbh pretty disappointed with how shallow it was, it's also a bit of a pain because my chair is your standard office char and so for me to get my legs and knee's under the desk I've had to remove one of the draws and lower the chair arms to there lowest setting... but I think I was mostly just spoilt with my old desk, which was massive and pretty damn awesome

I was thinking to have a second screen but am worried about space, do you have yours mounted on arms that are bolted to the back of the table or your wall?
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 June 2015, 05:17:14 by baldgye »

Offline julayyy

« Reply #3966 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 11:06:21 »
My set up at work for now

Sorry for bad edit, picture was really dark and I just did random thing to get it brighter
QuickfireTK MX Reds         v60 mini MX Clears

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #3967 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 11:08:00 »

Show Image

Really clean setup!  :thumb:

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3968 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 11:13:15 »
Bored

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

yeah thats the one I have, and yeah I was tbh pretty disappointed with how shallow it was, it's also a bit of a pain because my chair is your standard office char and so for me to get my legs and knee's under the desk I've had to remove one of the draws and lower the chair arms to there lowest setting... but I think I was mostly just spoilt with my old desk, which was massive and pretty damn awesome

I was thinking to have a second screen but am worried about space, do you have yours mounted on arms that are bolted to the back of the table or your wall?

Ugh yea, tell me about it. I hit my legs/knees on this ****ty thing all the time. Partially why I want another one XD

I mean, my monitors are just sitting on the desk, nothing special because I move things around a lot. I imagine you could easily figure out something that's effective for the space you have though.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3969 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 11:16:48 »
Bored

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Ugh yea, tell me about it. I hit my legs/knees on this ****ty thing all the time. Partially why I want another one XD

I mean, my monitors are just sitting on the desk, nothing special because I move things around a lot. I imagine you could easily figure out something that's effective for the space you have though.

ok fair enough, I have mine perched on the edge of the back of the desk, when I slam my knees too hard into it it rocks a fair old bit... but I guess if you have your two screens angled maybe you can get away with them being more stable and slightly further back...

turns out measuring stuff before you just #yoloikea is probably a good idea...

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3970 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 11:20:47 »
Bored

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

ok fair enough, I have mine perched on the edge of the back of the desk, when I slam my knees too hard into it it rocks a fair old bit... but I guess if you have your two screens angled maybe you can get away with them being more stable and slightly further back...

turns out measuring stuff before you just #yoloikea is probably a good idea...

To be fair, I did take measurements, I just was not anticipating banging my body parts against it all the time lol.

Also these monitors are quite heavy, they aren't moving at all anyway.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3971 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 11:21:54 »
To be fair, I did take measurements,

nerd

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #3972 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 11:27:48 »

Show Image

Love this setup. That is an amazing looking case.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3973 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 11:32:10 »
I need a desk plant.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3974 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 11:34:07 »
I need a desk plant.

get some kind of succulent, minimal water, just lots of sun bathing

To be fair, I did take measurements,

nerd

:(

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3975 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 11:39:27 »
Looking at a lucky bamboo

I'm just afraid it'll attract ants and I'd have to burn my street down.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #3976 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 12:47:40 »

I used to have a nice bonsai on my desk, but I had to get rid of it when I went to college. I ****ing loved that plant. :'( :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 June 2015, 13:21:31 by Vibex »

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #3977 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 12:49:50 »

Such a lil *****

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3978 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 13:00:36 »

Such a lil *****

God damn right. You can blame when wild animals attack and goosebumps/are you afraid of the dark

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #3979 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 14:21:12 »
where are all the sloppy desks, everyone always feel the need to cleanup before taking pictures i bet demik has a sloppy desk!

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #3980 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 15:35:13 »
where are all the sloppy desks, everyone always feel the need to cleanup before taking pictures i bet demik has a sloppy desk!

demiks desktop is also rather clean! There are some pics here...

Bellroy Note Sleeve reporting in! Its even in my last pic of my desk under the smartphone.

I need a desk plant.

Yep. The girls like it, and you will be healthier and also are more productive!
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 June 2015, 15:37:25 by madhias »
... ...

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3981 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 16:16:00 »
Ever have problem with bugs?

I have an ant phobia.

Bellroy has great products!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3982 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 16:20:53 »

Negative ghostrider.

Show Image

new speakers and turntable (that needs speakers -.-)

Offline cantbecool

• Battlestation Wars
« Reply #3983 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 17:01:18 »

Hope you guys like it.
battlestationwars.com • find inspiration and vote for the coolest battlestations from around the world

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3984 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 17:26:14 »
Show Image

Hope you guys like it.

Welcome to Geekhack!

How large is that, um, screen on the right wall?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline cantbecool

• Battlestation Wars
« Reply #3985 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 17:27:52 »
Show Image

Hope you guys like it.

Welcome to Geekhack!

It's a projection. I know it's overkill.
battlestationwars.com • find inspiration and vote for the coolest battlestations from around the world

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3986 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 17:31:17 »
Show Image

Hope you guys like it.

Welcome to Geekhack!

Nearly as cool :)

I originally wondered if it was just a window, but we don't have flying cars yet.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3987 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 17:32:36 »
Show Image

Hope you guys like it.

Welcome to Geekhack!

Nothing is ever overkill when it comes to your desk

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #3988 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 17:33:29 »
I originally wondered if it was just a window, but we don't have flying cars yet.
Sure we do.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3989 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 17:34:02 »
Sure we do.
Show Image

Not generally available to the public.

And that is probably a good thing.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #3990 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 17:34:42 »
Not available to the general public.

And that is probably a good thing.
Have to agree with you there.

Offline TopreFan333

« Reply #3991 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 19:51:58 »
Show Image

Hope you guys like it.

Welcome to Geekhack!

What kind of projector? I'm using just a cheapish Epson and it has seriously changed my life.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3992 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 18:27:39 »

Bro, did you even see my posts?  :P

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #3993 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 18:29:23 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Thats not sloppy, you just have a unique set of organizational skills. :rolleyes:

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3994 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 18:29:54 »
How could you trust that TV up there

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #3995 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 03:38:06 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Thats how its done!

Edit: how do you even know what keycap sets you own? Thats fregging insane

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #3996 on: Sun, 05 July 2015, 19:52:57 »
Currently mine.

Will be getting a brand new desk when I move to Texas

104559-0

104561-1

Offline hoz

• 60% is more than enough.
« Reply #3997 on: Sun, 05 July 2015, 19:59:45 »
Main workstation:

Setup behind my soldering table:

bedside box:

....yep, it´s pretty great being single and starting to overcome being overly pedantic about every aspect of my living space, just the main setup i´m still not to found about having a mess around.
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 July 2015, 20:05:44 by hoz »
one 40% and seven 60%'s

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #3998 on: Sun, 05 July 2015, 21:39:40 »
Main workstation:
Show Image

Show Image

bedside box:

Show Image

....yep, it´s pretty great being single and starting to overcome being overly pedantic about every aspect of my living space, just the main setup i´m still not to found about having a mess around.

What do you mean it's great being single? If you had someone you could use their money too for the master kingdom! ;)

Offline hoz

• 60% is more than enough.
« Reply #3999 on: Sun, 05 July 2015, 21:57:11 »
Main workstation:
Show Image

Show Image

bedside box:

Show Image

What do you mean it's great being single? If you had someone you could use their money too for the master kingdom! ;)

....that's not how any of that works, sadly >_<
one 40% and seven 60%'s