Author Topic: [IC] Alpha7° - A 75% with Rotary Encoder and OLED ***UPDATE***  (Read 4549 times)

Offline Di5gui5edW0lf

• Divine Keyboards
    • Divine Keyboards
[IC] Alpha7° - A 75% with Rotary Encoder and OLED ***UPDATE***
« on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 01:38:42 »
Content taken down until it can be updated and more user friendly for the community.

I was intending to see if a post I created on spark would show up the way I was hoping it would in the forum. I'm still trying to understand why it wont show me a preview of my post's pictures when i hit the preview button. It keeps showing a blank box where the picture should be and a fakepath file path...

I didn't intend to post this when I did in the first place, my apologies and will ensure there are no more posts until it is actually ready...
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 January 2021, 03:18:22 by Di5gui5edW0lf »

Offline whirlwind

Re: [IC] Alpha7° - A 75% with Rotary Encoder and OLED ***UPDATE***
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 01:52:28 »
Reserved

Offline noorejji

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 02:18:02 »
Please don't use a picture like that. Can't even be bothered.

Offline Di5gui5edW0lf

• Divine Keyboards
    • Divine Keyboards
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 02:22:35 »
I apologize about the way this post turned out first off. for some reason it wouldn't allow me to view the photo in the preview and then when I exited out of the post i somehow posted it 2 separate times. I'm going to be editing the post asap and was hoping to have the picture be more in line with the width and length it actually is which is 2560x5120...

If that is how I was able to see that the IC was going to be shown I would have never intentionally posted this....

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
[IC] Alpha7° - A 75% with Rotary Encoder and OLED ***UPDATE***
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 02:54:47 »
A few things:

- please post an IC/GB not as a monolithic image. Text works a lot better especially for those on mobile.
- even if you do post a monolithic image, please use a more readable font. This isn't a rock concert.
- people are going to want prototype photos for keyboard case ICs (although after reading that really hard to read font, it seems you'll get them on the 10th)
- GB lasts two days? Why just two days?
- Jan 21st GB seems ambitious when few people know about both you and your keyboard
- I think you should have someone build this live. I know this almost has become a requirement and some people hate it, but for a first time seller, I think you may need that to build some credibility
- you need typing test m8

Your post is as much as a product, as is your product itself. Your product seems to be quite thought out but your IC post needs a lot of work.

GLWIC!
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 January 2021, 03:01:20 by esclab »

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 03:19:49 »
I'm a huge proponent of split space, but 3.75u and 2.5u spacebars/keys either don't exist or are extremely rare. I've never seen them at least. I would suggest the much more standard 2.25/1.25/2.75 split, which has far better compatibility.

I also think that this looks like a rather ambitious project and considering it's your first, I would strongly encourage you to not run it unlimited.

I also second everything esclab above me said.
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 January 2021, 03:22:12 by dklein »

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 03:22:11 »
I'm a huge proponent of split space, but 3.75u and 2.5u spacebars/keys either don't exist or are extremely rare. I've never seen them at least. I would suggest the much more standard 2.25/1.25/2.75 split, which has far better compatibility.

I also think that this looks like a rather ambitious project and considering it's your first, I would strongly encourage you to not run it unlimited.
re: my comment

Maybe you should build it

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 03:22:55 »

re: my comment

Maybe you should build it

Hah always happy to, but as long as someone reputable does I'll be content.