Author Topic: [GB] GMK Heck-keys - Complete  (Read 19441 times)

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
[GB] GMK Heck-keys - Complete
« on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 15:50:23 »
Update 6/26/18
Payment was submitted to GMK on 06/01, since then we should be in production and waiting for shipment to me.

Update 5/21/18
Emailed GMK this morning about order quantities and information for a final invoice. Looking to have payment submitted by the end of the week hopefully.

Everyone has that moment when they need the right key to perfectly show how they feel about various things, from politics to how your teammates are doing in games, and here at Donut Cables, we think that "Heck" is just the word for those situations. Enter Heck-keys.

Designed with love, care, and a few carefully placed expletives by none other than @avmock of Discord, the heckster himself. Crafted with GMK's high quality ABS and doubleshotting equipment, the legends on these caps will outlast your ability to "give a heck", and come in four classic color combinations to either match your keyboard's colorscheme or stand out from it.

This GB is using my pre-order system, meaning you can commit to buy now and pay once the GB is over, so you don't have to have your money tied up for the entire GB period. This also means that price drops will automatically apply, so you only pay the lowest price at the end of the GB period.

Heck-keys are available in both single and quad packs. Single packs will be the white on red/WS1 on RO2 key only. The quad pack will be all four keys.

Price drops will occur at 250 units for both the single and quad pack. Further price drops are as of yet tbd.

Single -
- 150 units - $3.60
- 250 units - $3

Quad -
- 150 units - $11
- 250 units - $9.5

Timeline is as follows:

GB period - 4/11 to 5/2, extended as see fit due to numbers
Payment collection - 5/2 to 5/9, pending end date
Payment Submission to GMK - 5/9-5/12
Production time - 1-3 months
Receive bulk shipment - 1 week after production ends
GB Fulfillment - within 1 week of receiving the bulk shipment

Do note that the timeline is highly dependent on GMK's production time. Extensions or reductions in their production time result in similar changes to the fulfillment timeline.

Shipping will happen via USPS First Class for both CONUS and International orders.

Order at https://donutcables.com/product/heck-keys/
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 September 2018, 01:43:49 by donutcat »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
Re: [GB] GMK Heck-keys
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 16:55:51 »
Approved
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline pandemic123

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 17:03:10 »
waduhek

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 17:25:57 »
heck

Edit: In for 2 packs.
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 April 2018, 14:57:53 by tanvir175 »

Offline Chromatrope

• Tortures arrows, murders Lshift, doesn't press X
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 17:38:45 »
no proxy? double the price of the keys in shipping is a bit of a dealbreaker for me. (and watsters had a proxy so there's precedent and whatever)
I dance significantly better through bullet patterns than the alphanumerics. Known to cause heart failure in touch typists on sight.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 18:54:52 »
no proxy? double the price of the keys in shipping is a bit of a dealbreaker for me. (and watsters had a proxy so there's precedent and whatever)

Unfortunately USPS's new policy on international bubble mailers is to blame for that pricing, and we weren't really counting on enough popularity for a proxy to be efficient given GMK's 30€ banking fees for each payment they need to process. If there's a decent amount of interest I can look into a proxy.

Offline darthzero

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 14:53:39 »

Unfortunately USPS's new policy on international bubble mailers is to blame for that pricing, and we weren't really counting on enough popularity for a proxy to be efficient given GMK's 30€ banking fees for each payment they need to process. If there's a decent amount of interest I can look into a proxy.
Also interested :P
Discord: kuno#0600 
Reddit: u/darthzero

Offline shadowrealmwarez

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 15:55:46 »
I just need a "D'Oh" key.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 16:05:17 »
Heck yeah
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Data

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 16:25:19 »
Nice.

If this is popular you should do Dang next.

Everybody needs a dang key.

Edit: Sorry, I just realized that may have sounded condescending.  Of course this will be popular -- it's a great idea.  I meant when, not if;) Good luck with the GB.
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 April 2018, 21:28:01 by Data »

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 15:04:06 »
Good news so far, as of this afternoon we're at 51/150 MOQ for the singles, 45/150 MOQ for the quad packs, so basically 1/3 of the way there in only 5 days. I'm looking forward to keeping this pace up :P

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 15:34:09 »
Good news so far, as of this afternoon we're at 51/150 MOQ for the singles, 45/150 MOQ for the quad packs, so basically 1/3 of the way there in only 5 days. I'm looking forward to keeping this pace up :P

Awesome! Hope the momentum keeps up :D

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 12:21:13 »
Got some updates for all the mad lads getting in on Heck-keys.

First up, current MOQs

- Single - 67/150
 - Quad - 61/150

So over 2/5 for both of them and creeping up on half way, and still 2 weeks out.

Next, I've made a poll for proxy support
https://www.strawpoll.me/15522805
If you're international and the price of shipping is making you reconsider, please fill out this form. There needs to be around 10 orders per proxy minimum in order for it to save costs.

Offline stxfreak

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 13:39:38 »
is it somehow possible to get 2 of the same colors? I could use 2 dy/tu2 for for my hyperfuse
TGR Jane V2

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 16:39:40 »
MOQs for today:
Quad Pack - 76/150
Single Pack - 83/150

is it somehow possible to get 2 of the same colors? I could use 2 dy/tu2 for for my hyperfuse

Unfortunately not directly it's not due to the way these kits have to be set up to get the best pricing from GMK. I would suggest seeing about a trade with someone looking for keys other than the Skeletor ones.

Offline darthzero

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 01:04:11 »
Eu folks where you at?^^ could we post the strawpoll on reddit for a bit more exposure?
Also what the heck is wrong with me that I want every gmk key I can get my hands on?^^

Offline superhot

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 07:29:31 »
EU reporting in!

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 09:08:26 »
In for a set. Too cheap not to.
keyboards.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 21:37:32 »
Current numbers
Single - 91/150
Quad - 83/150

Looking good with 10 days left, hope to keep it up.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 12:52:04 »
For all those concerned about intl shipping, here's the current plan: Go ahead and place your order with the pre-order system since it won't charge you. This way, I can see how many people from each region are actually interested in buying. Once the GB phase is over, I can count up the orders for each region and see if it's cost effective to contact proxies in those regions for the orders or ship directly. Once that's figured out, I'll contact everyone from those regions and let them know whether it's one way or another and if they want to change their order depending. This is the most efficient method for this and should save effort and money for everyone involved.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 16:07:27 »
Current numbers
 - Single - 116/150
 - Quad - 106/150

I'd like to thank everyone participating so far, we've got 84 individual orders right now, which I think is pretty outstanding for something simple like this. Just a reminder that if we can hit the 250 point, prices go down to $3/single, $9.5/quad.

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 24 April 2018, 16:40:48 »
Current numbers
 - Single - 116/150
 - Quad - 106/150

I'd like to thank everyone participating so far, we've got 84 individual orders right now, which I think is pretty outstanding for something simple like this. Just a reminder that if we can hit the 250 point, prices go down to $3/single, $9.5/quad.

Nice!

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 22:29:43 »
Let's heckin' go.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 01 May 2018, 14:08:59 »
Numbers:
Single - 125/150
Quad - 114/150

Let's heckin' go lads!

Offline admiralvorian

• DIY
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 15:30:35 »
i dont really come around here any more but i just had to get my hands 3x 4-packs

vvv cool
Darude Status:
☐ Not Sandstorm
☑ Sandstorm                                               wts wtt wtb

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 15:45:11 »
We want to proxy on it!
The CandyKeys Mechanical Keyboard Store

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 16:53:31 »
Please let this hit MOQ so that my Heck-Planck can be a reality.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 20:15:20 »
Tiny update, we're at:

Singles - 140/150
Quads - 126/150

At the moment I'm working on communications with CandyKeys and other potential proxies where necesary.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 14:11:14 »
Current numbers:

Singles - 146/150
Quads - 132/150

Super close so I know it's basically impossible to not hit MOQ at this point unless people dodge invoices.

Also at this point I have numbers for international orders:

Canada - 2
EU - 5
Australia - 2

So right now it's unfortunately slightly difficult to do proxying when the numbers are so low since the price of shipping won't really drop substantially, and it would be difficult to find someone that would be willing to go through the effort for low numbers of orders. EU might be fine since five should be enough to drop the shipping cost between them, but for Canada and Australia it's a different story. One solution could be in this case if one of the buyers is willing to proxy for the other one, meaning orders are shipped to a single buyer who then needs to contact the other buyer(s) and ship out the other order(s). Obvs not ideal, but a possibility.

If you want in on this, now is the time. This will be ending in a couple days and that'll be it for this round.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 12:21:47 »
What happens to quads if they don't hit MOQ?

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 13:33:18 »
What happens to quads if they don't hit MOQ?

Well, unfortunately due to the somewhat convoluted way in which I setup the kits here singles automatically hit moq if quads do, if quads don't hit then neither do singles. Good news is at 133 I'm willing to say quads have hit, as long as there's minimal invoice dodging.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 15:53:30 »
Good news in some small updates: Singles are at 179, quads are at 156, so they're both past MOQ on their own, so no issues there. Next, anyone who has already placed an intl order should see a much more reasonable shipping cost on their invoice since I've gone and adjusted them for the bulk shipping from me to the proxy. I've just realized there is an error with the countdown timer so I'm not completely certain when invoices will be sent since the timer changes based on what time zone you view it from, but they should go out tonight unless I've messed up horrifically.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 13:26:45 »
Alright, so after some slightly technical difficulties and the pre-order plugin not doing things automatically like it should have, I believe that invoice emails should have been sent to everyone. These should be emails from an @donutcables.com address with your order information and a link to pay.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 13:32:02 »
I think I'm a pretty savvy individual, but I don't see any payment link in my invoice email. I aimlessly clicked around and nothing was a link.
keyboards.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 13:34:48 »
I think I'm a pretty savvy individual, but I don't see any payment link in my invoice email. I aimlessly clicked around and nothing was a link.

Yes, I think that there was an issue with the email being sent without the payment link and I'm working on seeing how to fix that.

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #35 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 14:19:03 »

Yes, I think that there was an issue with the email being sent without the payment link and I'm working on seeing how to fix that.

Same issue here. No payment link.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
Re: [GB] GMK Heck-keys - technical difficulties :/
« Reply #36 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 14:33:11 »
Yup, seems that the auto-invoicing messed up and now I have to figure out if I can make it work or if I'll need to invoice it all manually  :/

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
Re: [GB] GMK Heck-keys - technical difficulties :/
« Reply #37 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 16:05:27 »
Alright, good news is that I've figured out what the problem is and I've managed to get one order to go through properly, the next step is either making it work for multiple orders at once or begin the slow task of individual order repair.

Update: should be working now, and I'm getting emails back out to people. There might still be a few little hiccups though, specifically for intl orders. Please make sure the amount on your receipt email and your paypal invoice match up since it seems the invoices are having slight difficulties with the shipping adjustments. I'll be keeping an eye on this from my end as well.

Update #2: Nevermind, it's not right yet. The work continues!
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 May 2018, 16:58:34 by donutcat »

Offline razor_blade

Re: [GB] GMK Heck-keys - Invoicing in progress!
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 16:56:43 »
I tried to pay for mine by following the link, but it told me that I can't pay, because the status is still "Pre-order." Also, I got one for GMK Phantom as well. I assume that was in error, since the GB is still live?

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #39 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 16:59:29 »
I tried to pay for mine by following the link, but it told me that I can't pay, because the status is still "Pre-order." Also, I got one for GMK Phantom as well. I assume that was in error, since the GB is still live?

Yeah, I'm working on fixing that issue. Also, I think you might have been the one that orders Heck-keys with Phantom in the same cart, so that order must have slipped into there.

Alright, it should be good to go now, just follow the link from the previous email and it should allow you to pay with PayPal.
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 May 2018, 17:16:36 by donutcat »

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #40 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 17:52:30 »

Yeah, I'm working on fixing that issue. Also, I think you might have been the one that orders Heck-keys with Phantom in the same cart, so that order must have slipped into there.

Alright, it should be good to go now, just follow the link from the previous email and it should allow you to pay with PayPal.

I had the same issue but it's good now. Paid!

Offline kennardsmith

Re: [GB] GMK Heck-keys - Invoices Sent!
« Reply #41 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 17:57:28 »
I still haven't received a second email with a link, order 954

EDIT: oh here it is! paid!

heck yes!

:cool:
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 May 2018, 18:05:44 by kennardsmith »
[Control] is just left side of [A]. It comes from Sun Type3 key layout.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #42 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 21:36:52 »
Heckin' paid!
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline darthzero

« Reply #43 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 01:55:27 »
Do we get a new invoice with the adjusted shipping? It’s back to 16$ for int. :*

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 09:29:00 »
Do we get a new invoice with the adjusted shipping? It’s back to 16$ for int. :*

I have to manually refund it after it's been paid since the automatic adjustment seems to have not worked. The correct amount should show up on the invoice/receipt though.

Offline MatchstickMan

• CAD Jockey - YOLO Enthusiast
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 10:18:02 »
I haven't received a second email yet, should they all be re-sent by now?

Order 892

Edit: Just got the email, thanks!
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 May 2018, 14:55:03 by MatchstickMan »
Current Projects:
- SouthPad -- Left-handed Numpad
- Full Split (Currently on hold)

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 14:55:08 »
I haven't received a second email yet, should they all be re-sent by now?

Order 892

Invoice sent again, might have been at the end of a batch and not completed. I'll be waiting a few days and resending invoices on any that I don't see paid yet in case they didn't get sent initially.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 17:09:01 »
Another small update for the intl folks. If you've paid already, you'll see the refund by now. If you haven't paid yet, I found a way to manually adjust the amount back to where it should be, so now it should show correctly.

Offline darthzero

« Reply #48 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 17:45:46 »
Thank you so much for your hard work and thanks for helping even the few eu ppl to get our hands on those keys. <3

Offline wowremy

« Reply #49 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 18:49:21 »
I joined late for 1 key, and havent had an email to ask which key i want?