Author Topic: Observation  (Read 1261 times)

Offline typo

Observation
« on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 23:17:33 »
All know I was huge made in Kenosha Deck FanBoy. After last controller quit and did not feel like repairing. Went back to Topre and wondered how I was ever so GAGA over the Deck. It sucks in comparison IMO. Clear too stiff to begin with. I liked clear but took a toll on me. 45G uniform is good to me really. Also using since new Model M. Never one thing broke. TG3 in comparison the cops can keep them. nothing against cops though. Now they are made in china and would not even consider. If going that route a Filco or whatever even a Corsair is much better built. I wasted like 7 years on that. their keycaps suck now that I know better. They are not DS. they are a PBT top with ABS skirt. I now try a deck and like yuck. Ymmv. cheap on Ebay. I doubt anyone replies which is fine. just wanted to speak of my feelings regarding my own stupidity. when they were $225 absolutely ludicrous. Even topre RGB is way nicer. I finally had a Aluminum orange case made and there is simply no comparison. Of course total cost $2,500 now but this is my entire life right here. I code to make money to live. Luckily Logitech Rodent has it right to begin with. That is a fair deal. Maybe change to Ball later anyhow who knows. Not bashing DECK just was not so great IMO and now long gone anyhow.

Offline toby

Re: Observation
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 04:49:50 »
yup, not a fan of deck either :(

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 00:00:31 »
A lot of keyboards are considered better than they really are.
People get way to caught up in features and think that equates to a better keyboard. Sure, a Filco costs a lot and lacks a lot of features, but people forget that longevity is a feature, so is comfort.

People spend a ton on their computers internals (and often the case) and then go cheap on the keyboard mouse and monitor, the 3 things you actually interact with on a daily basis, doesn't make much sense if you think about it. No, they don't add FPS and yeah it's cool that you can run Counterstrike at 200fps, but it means nothing if your wrist and eyes feel like crap after a half hour of using that computer.

I have a customer using dual 17in square lcds @ 1024x768 *shudder*, another has a mouse with a ball in it. Thankfully the one ball mouse lacking a scroll wheel seems to have been retired last year.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline jamster

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 03:15:15 »
I have a customer using dual 17in square lcds @ 1024x768 *shudder*, another has a mouse with a ball in it. Thankfully the one ball mouse lacking a scroll wheel seems to have been retired last year.

That's because there are few things in life as satisfying as occasionally having to clean the lint out of the little sensor wheels inside the mouse.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 04:29:39 »

That's because there are few things in life as satisfying as occasionally having to clean the lint out of the little sensor wheels inside the mouse.
Except they never do.
Cleaning your own gunk is one thing, cleaning someone else's is a lot less satisfying. Nice you made it work, but you feel dirty after.

Besides hand sanitizer, I started carrying mice with me so I didn't have to even touch these nasty rodents, by not cleaning them and letting them do it, a few have been replaced finally.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion