geekhack Marketplace > The Athenaeum

We are a part of this community

<< < (23/23)

ploooopp:

--- Quote from: Bro Caps on Thu, 25 February 2016, 17:54:06 ---
--- Quote from: bcredbottle on Thu, 25 February 2016, 17:42:49 ---lol https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/47lwv1/ripster_chronicles/d0dvpyc

--- End quote ---

top kek NA

--- End quote ---

Excuse my ignorance, but what happened with Ripster? Wasn't/Isn't he a mod on R/mk and a highly regarded member of the community? Or have I gotten it all wrong?

FLFisherman:

--- Quote from: ploooopp on Fri, 26 February 2016, 15:59:58 ---
--- Quote from: FLFisherman on Thu, 25 February 2016, 12:03:15 ---
--- Quote from: ploooopp on Thu, 25 February 2016, 12:00:31 ---I'm not sure if mr Brocaps sir will see this or not. I've never bought an artisan keycap, mostly because I can't afford one at the moment (no job and alot of studying) but I've always been under the impression that you pay for what you get, so when I see a keycap going for 60$ and It's an 11 piece aluminium structure, I can absolutely get behind that. I wont be able to buy it even though I really want to, but I understand the reason for the price. I go on CtrlAlt alot, to just look at the brobots, I think the caps look fantastic and I've always wanted one (currently looking for a conservative red to match my keycap set) So I understand paying 35$ for one, because they look clean and absolutely fantastic. Sure I got a bit supprised when I saw the price of the NightStalker and didn't think it was a good idea to not offer an option to where you could only buy the keycap. It took a day and the team at Brocaps had listened and added a 48$ option where you only get the keycap, I think that's absolutely fair.

Here's another thing. How in the everything that is holy can I miss a brocaps sale by 3 hours and nothing is available, it sucks. I wanted a Ridic Red reaper but couldnt get one. The guys buying the keycaps are lightning fast.

Either way, great keycaps in general, amazing design and atleast you're learning from your buiseness misshaps, which is alot better than most companies!

Good luck in the future, I hope to get a hold of some Brobots sooner or later!

--- End quote ---

This sale was a raffle. If you didn't enter in the allotted period I'm afraid you will miss out.  :(

That being said, I agree with you. Artisans don't have to justify their prices to us. They know exactly how much it cost to produce, and they charge what they think is a fair price. Hell, they could charge even more and it's still fair.

--- End quote ---

Sorry, I'm new at this, how does a raffle work if the sale is/was up on the site? Truly clueless!

--- End quote ---

You enter the raffle through the website. You select the caps that you're interested in, and then submit your ticket. If your ticket is selected you are then eligible to win up to three of the caps you chose (if they are all still available).

Malenky:

--- Quote from: deduction on Thu, 25 February 2016, 18:19:56 ---
--- Quote from: HoffmanMyster on Thu, 25 February 2016, 18:05:26 ---
--- Quote from: bcredbottle on Thu, 25 February 2016, 17:42:49 ---lol https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/47lwv1/ripster_chronicles/d0dvpyc

--- End quote ---

top kek NA

--- End quote ---

At least you know you didn't make a mistake.  :))

--- Quote from: romevi on Thu, 25 February 2016, 17:57:50 ---What does NA mean? bee told me that and I don't know what it means.

--- End quote ---

North America.  IIRC it (the whole phrase, not NA = North America) came from a video game dominated by Asian players, so people half-jokingly said "Best <blank> NA" to identify the top players in North America, though they were still nowhere near as good as the Asian players.  Can't find where I read that though, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hence why billnye is "top skammer NA", etc.

--- End quote ---

Yep, my understanding, too.  People used it a TON in CSGO a year or two years ago and it seems to have caught on like wildfire in gaming communities that have more skilled EU and APAC player bases.

--- End quote ---

It's also used a lot in WoW pvp, since its one big community but EU and NA servers are separate and players from the two region don't face each other. So you get "best ... EU" or "best ... NA".

rowdy:

--- Quote from: ploooopp on Fri, 26 February 2016, 16:02:33 ---

--- End quote ---

top kek NA

--- End quote ---

Excuse my ignorance, but what happened with Ripster? Wasn't/Isn't he a mod on R/mk and a highly regarded member of the community? Or have I gotten it all wrong?

--- End quote ---

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=80004.0

Bigpock:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version