Author Topic: [GB] Infinikey Græn - GB closed - Sets delivering to GB participants  (Read 55010 times)

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
Re: [GB] Infinikey Græn - GB closed - color matching in-process
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 20 May 2020, 00:14:46 »

Offline Bonsa

Re: [GB] Infinikey Græn - GB closed - Color Samples en-route!
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 04:21:39 »
I missed the GB, but I'll hunt some extras...

Offline Wyze69

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 24 July 2020, 19:28:59 »
Any date for extras or an I too late?

Offline jimboytacos

« Reply #53 on: Sat, 25 July 2020, 00:39:38 »
There'll be extras.

Offline Liub

« Reply #54 on: Sat, 25 July 2020, 01:59:41 »
Need. Extras. Bad.

Offline Daggerfall

Re: [GB] Infinikey Græn - GB closed - Caps en route to TKC!
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 14:20:45 »
Way too late I realize I really should have bought the mega add-on as well. If anyone has ordered more than one and feel like parting with one please msg me <3

Offline tiamo123654

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 05:03:06 »
Received it today. Very disappointed to the low quality.
I don’t buy any keycaps made by Infinikey anymore :(

Offline Tyson

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 05:22:35 »

This is disappointing to hear. What issues did you have with the caps?

Offline Sycomore

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 05:22:59 »

Saw a picture of a Graen spacebar, maaaajor yikes

Offline sagarsiddhpura

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 06:34:59 »

Can you please post pics?

Offline tiamo123654

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 07:15:51 »
I just give the *** keycaps to my friend.
You can refer to the pic took by other buyer.
https://www.zfrontier.com/app/flow/4XkJY8WPQrdv

I searched "Infinikey" on Trandmark Office Of National Intellectual Property Administratuin in China. You can see that's the same as brand "無铭诚品".
Here is the Taobao site of it....

https://world.taobao.com/dianpu/155189908.htm?spm=a21wu.12321156-tw.0.0.7342f80fZLIqe4

Offline Jhambone9160

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 08:17:40 »
For clarity, the specks in the caps and two tone spacebar are actually on the caps and not photography issues?

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #62 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 08:29:42 »
Well...this sucks.

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 11:28:35 »
I think y’all need to chill and wait until we have a product in hand and not base your opinions on really bad pictures.  :cool:

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 15:47:11 »
Y'all need to chill.
Jae (TopClack) just showed the set on stream and apart from the too high sitting arrow key legends the set looks absolutely perfect.
There is no color fading or any major defects visible on the set and the legends are perfectly aligned.
It's probably just the ****ty lighting in the pics on that zF post.
(What even did this quy try to prove there by comparing the keycap to the box color??? lmao)

Edit: Short clip from the stream: https://clips.twitch.tv/SpunkyCredulousHeronPrimeMe

Show Image

I searched "Infinikey" on Trandmark Office Of National Intellectual Property Administratuin in China. You can see that's the same as brand "無铭诚品".

https://world.taobao.com/dianpu/155189908.htm?spm=a21wu.12321156-tw.0.0.7342f80fZLIqe4

What exactly is that supposed to prove?
Almost all chinese manufacturers have Taobao stores. Like JWK and ePBT for example.
There's nothing wrong with selling your products directly on some marketplace :confused:

Did you expect these caps to be made in US or what?

Also you should always take the stuff that gets posted on zF with a grain of salt because the community on that page can get somewhat "pent-up" sometimes.
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 August 2020, 16:27:56 by elmo »

Offline SwitchKeys

• SwitchKeys
« Reply #65 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 17:22:15 »
Now I need a green board!  :D

Offline Wyze69

« Reply #66 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 20:35:52 »
I'm so jealous right now, gonna have to wait for extras. Gonna look sick on my plum board

Offline santela

« Reply #67 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 22:34:12 »
Interesting, glad I haven't got in on any of the Infinikey GBs yet, I'll see whether it's just one set or if it's a more common problem.

Offline tiamo123654

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 02:20:34 »
Y'all need to chill.
Jae (TopClack) just showed the set on stream and apart from the too high sitting arrow key legends the set looks absolutely perfect.
There is no color fading or any major defects visible on the set and the legends are perfectly aligned.
It's probably just the ****ty lighting in the pics on that zF post.
(What even did this quy try to prove there by comparing the keycap to the box color??? lmao)

Edit: Short clip from the stream: https://clips.twitch.tv/SpunkyCredulousHeronPrimeMe

Show Image

What exactly is that supposed to prove?
Almost all chinese manufacturers have Taobao stores. Like JWK and ePBT for example.
There's nothing wrong with selling your products directly on some marketplace :confused:

Did you expect these caps to be made in US or what?

Also you should always take the stuff that gets posted on zF with a grain of salt because the community on that page can get somewhat "pent-up" sometimes.

I thought you totally mistook my meaning.
I don't care the origin (or brand) of keycaps if they're qualified.
We all know JWK and ePBT are good manufacturer.
But 無铭诚品(Infinikey) is known for low quality and knock-off GMK series in China keyboard community.
If they use the original manufacturer name "無铭诚品" on this GB. Most of the Chinese keyboard fans won't join the GB.

And the price range of 無铭诚品's  keycaps mega set  is $39~$68.
They charge you $95/+$50 when changing the name "Infinikey" with the same quality.
This's a kind of scam.

There are some Pic for other buyer. Good luck.

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #69 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 03:44:32 »
But 無铭诚品(Infinikey) is known for low quality and knock-off GMK series in China keyboard community.
If they use the original manufacturer name "無铭诚品" on this GB. Most of the Chinese keyboard fans won't join the GB.

They charge you $95/+$50 when changing the name "Infinikey" with the same quality.
This's a kind of scam.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I totally get your point.

But I don't think that a manufacturer should be completely ruled out from custom sets just because they made some lower quality stuff as well.
ePBT used to make lower quality clone sets too but their groupbuy sets are usually much higher quality than the stuff that they used to sell on Aliexpress.

The dented keycap is indeed not cool. But so far that seems to be a single case. Not the standard.

And to be honest with you, shining a light through a dye sublimated keycap doesn't prove anything.
Light will always shine through them since they are simple white plastic that just has a layer of dyed plastic on top.
Even my PBT MT3 keycaps shine through when I put a bright phone flashlight under them. And those are thick af.
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 August 2020, 03:47:49 by elmo »

Offline shansoft

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 03:58:54 »

This's a kind of scam.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

But I don't think that a manufacturer should be completely ruled out from custom sets just because they made some lower quality stuff as well.
ePBT used to make lower quality clone sets too but their groupbuy sets are usually much higher quality than the stuff that they used to sell on Aliexpress.

The dented keycap is indeed not cool. But so far that seems to be a single case. Not the standard.

And to be honest with you, shining a light through a dye sublimated keycap doesn't prove anything.
Light will always shine through them since they are simple white plastic that just has a layer of dyed plastic on top.
Even my PBT MT3 keycaps shine through when I put a bright phone flashlight under them. And those are thick af.

To be fair, I have own quite a bit of keysets, Infinikey so far have the highest defect rate. I have yet to received a single kit from them that doesn't have anything wrong. Ranging from half broken key to wrong printing.
I have ePBT side by side, and Infinikey definitely feels cheap to type on, also with slight warp on almost every key (Including the alpha)

If I would know Infinikey is "無铭诚品", I wouldn't even put money into it in first place as I have experience with their stuff before.
The only difference is GB keys seem to have slightly better dyesub, and that is about it.......
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 August 2020, 20:45:53 by shansoft »

Offline Radium

« Reply #71 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 00:38:56 »
It is too sad to hear bad review about this set, maybe it is not different with "scam" :(

Offline Langelandia

Re: [GB] Infinikey Græn - GB closed - Sets delivering to GB participants
« Reply #72 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 08:03:24 »
Gb participants: there seems to be several folks who have received sets with issues. Please continue to share photos of the issues and work directly with your vendor from the GB. I'm confident that with good communication we can resolve the issues. Apologies for any trouble that's come with this - I want you to get the product you expected as best I can.

<3

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 09:22:09 »
I thought people learned to stay away after all the red flags concerning tkc and infinikey, hope it was a lesson for all of you

When I forwarded issues to TKC (in public, it was on TC's discord, you can probably search the discord for exact quotes) in regards to infinikey, the just shunned me stating:
"Our customers don't have the same high standards as you do"
So in 1 line they called their own customer base peasants while also admitting that their product is trash

When I asked what they are doing to make sure their sets will be free of issues moving forwards
"We can't guarantee the next set will be better, but if you don't buy our products then we can't fix it"
So basically they want you to blindly buy and pray it'll be better (spoiler alert, it won't) so that MAYBE it'll get better in the future. They don't care

Now you know. Steer clear from infinikey and tkc
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 August 2020, 09:26:13 by Emir »

Offline Capsy

« Reply #74 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 09:53:53 »
I thought people learned to stay away after all the red flags concerning tkc and infinikey, hope it was a lesson for all of you

When I forwarded issues to TKC (in public, it was on TC's discord, you can probably search the discord for exact quotes) in regards to infinikey, the just shunned me stating:
"Our customers don't have the same high standards as you do"
So in 1 line they called their own customer base peasants while also admitting that their product is trash

When I asked what they are doing to make sure their sets will be free of issues moving forwards
"We can't guarantee the next set will be better, but if you don't buy our products then we can't fix it"
So basically they want you to blindly buy and pray it'll be better (spoiler alert, it won't) so that MAYBE it'll get better in the future. They don't care

Now you know. Steer clear from infinikey and tkc
What issues did you highlight to them that are still there?

Curious because when people brought up legending issues with GMK, your words were 'dont expect these to change'.

Offline KuroTheCrazy

« Reply #75 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 11:16:16 »
I'm glad I've been avoiding any infinikey sets since the first round of candybar caps. Still waiting on the replacement spacebars for those.

Offline dom

• XOXO
« Reply #76 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 12:43:49 »
Steer clear from infinikey and tkc

Lesson learned!
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 August 2020, 00:24:19 by dom »

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #77 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 14:33:23 »
It is too sad to hear bad review about this set, maybe it is not different with "scam" :(

I would suggest that you take a dictionary and look up the definition of the word "scam"

Just because you don't like the product that you ordered or it didn't meet your high expectations doesn't mean that this is some kind of fraud.

Be a little bit more careful with the words that you use around here.  :confused:

Offline Rexcramer

« Reply #78 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 15:22:38 »
Did not join this GB since it didn't support my ISO-DE layout but I hope this colorway will get rerun with a more stable manufacturer ( Maybe KAT :rolleyes: ). Really like the look of the set and it would be a shame if it fell by the wayside cuz of a suboptimal manu.

Offline ackzot

« Reply #79 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 15:55:08 »
Did not join this GB since it didn't support my ISO-DE layout but I hope this colorway will get rerun with a more stable manufacturer ( Maybe KAT :rolleyes: ). Really like the look of the set and it would be a shame if it fell by the wayside cuz of a suboptimal manu.

every keycap manufacturer has issues.

kat has issues as seen with milkshake (off centered legends), possibly spacebars being outside cherry spec enough to make certain stabs like c3 not work with KAT.

gmk has had issues with crooked stems (gmk olive), known legend issues that won't be addressed as they are part of the mold (like scroll, z, etc), legend quality issues (gmk wob and bow extension kit had issues, oblivion mods had issues - thankfully in both cases gmk did deliver corrections), and with newer sets, more space bars appear to be warped with GMK getting feedback but being largely silent so far. not to mention the new gmk packaging is bleh.

it seems tkc is working with infinikey on improving the keysets. yes, it does suck a bit to be guinea pigs, but here are some things they have done:
1. packaging is better than gmk.
2. will re-run BoW mods as the font size was not to their specification. people who bought BoW should be getting replacement mods in a few months (i hope)
3. acknowledged alignment issues with mod legends, have implemented a fix starting with sets after hive (yes it does suck that for sets prior to hive and including hive may not have better aligned mods)
4. acknowledged homing bar issues and other issues. are willing to work with infinikey to make new molds
5. keep a ton of spare space bars in case of warp.

anyway, i am sure TKC has given bad responses, but their actions also indicate they are working on improving the product.

Offline siggerzz

« Reply #80 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 17:07:50 »
Received my set today and couldn't be happier :)

Excuse the key alignment! Looks really grey in bright light, but I can assure you, it is green  ;D

Offline shansoft

« Reply #81 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 20:10:03 »
I'm glad I've been avoiding any infinikey sets since the first round of candybar caps. Still waiting on the replacement spacebars for those.

I am still waiting for Sanctuary's cap replacement as well from the GB. Rather than exchange my set directly for my, they sold off all the extra and let those who have issues wait on Infinikey to do something about it.

Been waiting for a replacement caps. All other vendor do a direct exchange for the entire set and no wait time like this......
At this point I doubt they will ever deliver the replacement cap. These caps are far worse quality than ePBT. It's hard to believe they actually charged more than 50 bucks for budget caps, or they simply charge extra for custom color and box.
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 August 2020, 20:14:08 by shansoft »

Offline yuuS0cut3

• Stay young
« Reply #82 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 23:55:47 »

This's a kind of scam.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

To be fair, I have own quite a bit of keysets, Infinikey so far have the highest defect rate. I have yet to received a single kit from them that doesn't have anything wrong. Ranging from half broken key to wrong printing.
I have ePBT side by side, and Infinikey definitely feels cheap to type on, also with slight warp on almost every key (Including the alpha)

If I would know Infinikey is "無铭诚品", I wouldn't even put money into it in first place as I have experience with their stuff before.
The only difference is GB keys seem to have slightly better dyesub, and that is about it.......
Omg, I really can't believe that Infinikey is Wuming...

Offline endjy

« Reply #83 on: Sun, 23 August 2020, 07:28:17 »
To those who are happy and fine with Graen, just go to taobao and buy some wuming caps, same quality, much cheaper.

Offline werc

« Reply #84 on: Mon, 24 August 2020, 09:28:50 »
Just wanted to add my two cents. I am quite happy with the my Græn set.

Got my set yesterday. Looked it over pretty thoroughly and now have it on my main daily keyboard. My set is perfect other than some very slight warping on one of the space bars in the add-on set (fortunately one that I was not planning to use). I also have Infinikey BRED and, while I was satisfied with that set, I had a couple more substantial issues with that one.

So, at least for me, I have been satisfied with two different Infinikey sets and their quality control appears to be improving. 

Offline repo156

« Reply #85 on: Mon, 24 August 2020, 22:21:48 »
Just an update on the set since it doesn't seem to be here

There is one issue that is widespread among all sets and that is there are 3 missing keys, which is going to be alleviated as soon as possible, this is not on the factory, this was on us when we made the file. They shouldn't impact most layouts but those include

R1 Green Umbrella Novelty
R3 Pgup
R4 Pgdn

Also, there seems to be issues with people receiving more or less keys than what they should've, and some keys having severe fading on all sides. All of this can be found on their discord channel.

Thankfully they're looking to replace all the keys for those affected.
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 August 2020, 22:47:12 by repo156 »

Offline rconeeleven

« Reply #86 on: Mon, 24 August 2020, 23:00:51 »

Thanks for sharing, who's they?

Offline repo156

« Reply #87 on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 01:42:06 »

Thanks for sharing, who's they?

TKC

Offline sagarsiddhpura

« Reply #88 on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 03:56:18 »

There is one issue that is widespread among all sets and that is there are 3 missing keys, which is going to be alleviated as soon as possible, this is not on the factory, this was on us when we made the file. They shouldn't impact most layouts but those include

R1 Green Umbrella Novelty
R3 Pgup
R4 Pgdn

Also, there seems to be issues with people receiving more or less keys than what they should've, and some keys having severe fading on all sides. All of this can be found on their discord channel.

Show Image

Show Image

That backspace key looks unevenly dyed and scuffed. Infinikey sure has issues it is acceptable only if TKC is covering/replacing them

Offline rconeeleven

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 26 August 2020, 21:42:14 »
just got mine, everything looks fine, typing this message on the set
250409-0

Offline beekey

« Reply #90 on: Fri, 28 August 2020, 03:38:18 »
I also got mine, looks fine to me. Slight fade from top to bottom of the keys if you looks close, but nothing I worry about when mounted to a board.
Only think I would have wished for, would have been a bit darker colors on the deskmat. Looks a bit faded.

Offline dyxlesic

« Reply #91 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 01:40:29 »
Received this as my first Infinikey set in Australia today from SwitchKeys as a surplus to a GB. I liked the poetic nature of the set, it's rather understated and muted tones and the melding of green and gray conceptually, and I was looking for something other than the ABS of GMK.
First impressions: Packaging is slick, and really compliments the set.
Comments on the set itself:
Overall finishing is good, no overt burrs on the edges of keys, the undersides are neat and tidy. One only flaw on the front of F12 with uneven finishing. Picture attached.
I echo the comment above that there is fading top to bottom on the front of some keys. Mine are Backspace, R Shift, L Shift and L Code. Pic of one attached.
Three out of four spacebars are definitely not level when laid down (do you call this warped)? Pictures attached.
More pertinent is the size and alignment of the Alpha legends. I need more experienced eyes than my newbie ones to tell me if I am seeing things. Pics attached.
1 seems lower than it should be.
Q and T seem higher, maybe Y seems higher, or W seems lower.
What do you think of the ASD row, D a bit low?
X definitely looks smaller than it should to me.

How do the vendors usually deal with these issues if they indeed are issues?
I guess the spacebar can be heated with a hairdryer and levelled out. The F12 finishing? It's just one that I found at this time without inspecting every single one.

What about the alignment and smaller than expected legends?

Offline Rilow

« Reply #92 on: Tue, 07 March 2023, 09:50:31 »
What I wouldn't give for a GMK Græn