Author Topic: [IC] GMK Necro | Resurrecting on March 30th  (Read 29515 times)

Offline johuu

Re: [IC] GMK Necro | Resurrecting on March 30th
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 02:41:04 »
Hey, here's some cool renders by Oblotzky.

Shows what keys are in each set, but with accurate colour representation!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Hope you guys are excited for the 30th!

lgtm

Offline gutsack

« Reply #101 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 11:57:32 »
It's a shame this set ended up with partial icons, it makes for such a sloppy look when you have icons for some keys but then text mods. I love the colorway but I know how I'm going to feel when I see the set on a board...

Offline jimirolln

« Reply #102 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 12:06:13 »
straight scratchn my head readn that comment bruh...if you plan on bein in on the gb without the n set...im dead...gg...gta7 wasted tryna mug gangsta granny in the hood my dude

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #103 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 12:08:19 »
optimism  :thumb:

KMK Labs.

Offline jimirolln

« Reply #104 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 12:11:23 »
right...i gotta know tho for real...what's the icon for alt look like...i bet it looks like shame...lulz
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 March 2018, 12:13:08 by jimirolln »

Offline jessica

• Formerly CuteDreamsOfYou & Brazzers
  • HHKB is the only good layout
« Reply #105 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 13:27:32 »
It's a shame this set ended up with partial icons, it makes for such a sloppy look when you have icons for some keys but then text mods. I love the colorway but I know how I'm going to feel when I see the set on a board...

I'd rather have all text bottom row because I think the bottom row icons available look VERY out of place with the other icon mods :/

It's not that it's a mix of text and icons, it's all icons with the exception of bottom row, which is all text. In the sense of consistency and aesthetics, I did the best I could to make myself happy.

Plus, it's virtually the same thing 9009 did and no one seemed bothered there haha

Offline gutsack

« Reply #106 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 15:00:35 »
right...i gotta know tho for real...what's the icon for alt look like...i bet it looks like shame...lulz

It's getting old having you splash every thread with nonsensical replies like this. There is very much an alt icon that was established in 1984. And even if you don't use the correct alt icon, there are (excuse the pun) alternatives. See the all icon mods set from GMK Yuri.

Offline gutsack

« Reply #107 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 15:05:12 »

I'd rather have all text bottom row because I think the bottom row icons available look VERY out of place with the other icon mods :/

It's not that it's a mix of text and icons, it's all icons with the exception of bottom row, which is all text. In the sense of consistency and aesthetics, I did the best I could to make myself happy.

Plus, it's virtually the same thing 9009 did and no one seemed bothered there haha

Yeah, to be honest after getting Yuri with the icon mods I think an all-icon mods board looks really childish. So personally I'd just prefer no icon-only caps. Especially since I think the GMK caps lock icon looks terrible and the enter doesn't look great either. I get why you went this way, just wish it were a normal return and shift.

Offline jimirolln

« Reply #108 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 17:10:08 »

It's getting old having you splash every thread with nonsensical replies like this. There is very much an alt icon that was established in 1984. And even if you don't use the correct alt icon, there are (excuse the pun) alternatives. See the all icon mods set from GMK Yuri.

i am sorry you feel that way...but you might as well grab a surf board cause im in this forum like my name is el nenyo...thats a blink ref...est. in the 90's...i looked at the yuri mod kit...i liked it...it would definitely help hit the moq...but be honest...would you really be willing to pay another 50...because for me...needing the 6u and wanting the n set it is painful and pushing a reasonable keeb budget

i am going to post your set for reference but lets be honest...your a little late to the party...i am going to assume this is the first time your seeing this thread...but if not...dogn the set for not having what you would like to see in it four days before it goes live is a bad look

creative op's have to put up with a lot of salt from the com they love to contribute to the com...or else...to me that is old and needs to change

« Last Edit: Wed, 28 March 2018, 01:32:14 by jimirolln »

Offline gutsack

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 17:19:41 »
i am going to post your set for reference but lets be honest...your a little late to the party...i am going to assume this is the first time your seeing this thread...but if not...dogn the set for not having what you would like to see in it four days before it goes live is a bad look

Your assumption is wrong. I posted my icon mod feedback back in August of last year in the original IC thread for GMK Necro, a full 6 months before you joined Geekhack: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=90468.msg2478933#msg2478933

It's not a "bad look" to reply to an IC thread describing the things that make you less interested. I wasn't giving OP "salt", I was describing what I'd prefer from this GMK set.

Offline jimirolln

« Reply #110 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 17:25:11 »
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>It's a shame this set ended up with partial icons, it makes for such a sloppy look when you have icons for some keys but then text mods<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< I love the colorway but I know how I'm going to feel when I see the set on a board...

Mod edit: Chill yo.

« Last Edit: Mon, 26 March 2018, 17:30:12 by Signature »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #111 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 17:30:57 »
Please don't get into personal attacks in the IC thread, you have different opinions and that's fine.
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline gutsack

« Reply #112 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 17:54:25 »
I didn't see your reply before it was modded out but your issue was most likely with me using the word "sloppy" which I don't mean to be a descriptor of OPs work but rather an accurate word describing how I feel the GMK icon-only shift, return and caps lock look when combined with all other keys being text.

It seemed pretty clear to me I wasn't saying OP did sloppy work, and she replied with her logical reasoning for the decision which I appreciated. Looking for conflict isn't a great way to use GH.

Offline jessica

« Reply #113 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 21:24:45 »
I didn't see your reply before it was modded out but your issue was most likely with me using the word "sloppy" which I don't mean to be a descriptor of OPs work but rather an accurate word describing how I feel the GMK icon-only shift, return and caps lock look when combined with all other keys being text.

It seemed pretty clear to me I wasn't saying OP did sloppy work, and she replied with her logical reasoning for the decision which I appreciated. Looking for conflict isn't a great way to use GH.

Yah, I'm not saying my opinion is the 'correct' stance. It's just what I think looks best, given the circumstances and my own opinions :)

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #114 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 10:50:54 »
It's an interesting colorway. If this moves further I'd be interested in it.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline DePulse

« Reply #115 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 12:00:26 »
Until when is the deadline of payment for this group buy? Really want to get this set but my money gets completed by next month  :(

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #116 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 12:16:45 »
@Brazzers ,
Out of curiosity, as a HHKB user, is it going to bug you to have a text mod (control) sandwiched between two icon mods (tab and shift)?

Offline jessica

« Reply #117 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 12:59:47 »
@Brazzers ,
Out of curiosity, as a HHKB user, is it going to bug you to have a text mod (control) sandwiched between two icon mods (tab and shift)?

Mildly, but the alternative is worse IMO.

Offline jessica

« Reply #118 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 13:00:18 »
Until when is the deadline of payment for this group buy? Really want to get this set but my money gets completed by next month  :(

You'll be able to pay up until April 20th!

Offline jessica

« Reply #119 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 13:05:08 »
Hey do you guys like renders?

Xondat's 280/220

M65

M60-A in green!

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #120 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 13:11:46 »
Renders look great!  ;)
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline jimirolln

« Reply #121 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 13:18:46 »
very nice...would have liked to see the tilda replaced with the nov that is color coded to fit that top right corner...the bottom row will also look better with the space bar chilln in the graveyard...the alt key stones...its ok...i have a vivid imagination...very nice...you do good work sun...lulz...lets bring that back...son...lul...i kill myself...maybe this set can necromance me...dead...gg to myself

Offline johuu

« Reply #122 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 13:55:43 »
Hey do you guys like renders?

Xondat's 280/220
Show Image

Show Image

M65
Show Image

M60-A in green!
Show Image

:-* Will be in for sure.

Offline Sissy

« Reply #123 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 21:24:21 »
WEW lads.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #124 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 09:49:28 »
very nice...would have liked to see the tilda replaced with the nov that is color coded to fit that top right corner...the bottom row will also look better with the space bar chilln in the graveyard...the alt key stones...its ok...i have a vivid imagination...very nice...you do good work sun...lulz...lets bring that back...son...lul...i kill myself...maybe this set can necromance me...dead...gg to myself

If I understand you correctly, I agree with you. But then, I don't understand most of what you said.  ^-^

Offline jimirolln

« Reply #125 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 11:32:36 »
on the hhkb they decided to leave a few key novelties off...i don't know if the set was designed intentional to use the inverse skull on the corner instead of the tilda but when i see it in my mind it is fire

they also only put two grave stone n keys on the bottom row...in my mind i imagine all the stoned keys and it looks better

necromancing is the dark art of bringing the dead back to life

i don't intend for my flow to be hard to understand...also...accepting conventional wisdom isn't conventional is proving a challenge for me

socially acceptable behavior in the community is appalling

it is possible to be both nice and critical...for that...ty
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 March 2018, 12:22:57 by jimirolln »

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #126 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 11:39:00 »
@Brazzers ,

What would the alternative have been? A carat-style control icon? In that case I fully agree.
However, if the alternative would have been an ISO control icon (the helm/steering wheel) ⎈ , it may have looked pretty cool depending on the font used to cut the mold. :)

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #127 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 11:40:28 »
Ah yeah - makes better sense and I agree.

Offline jessica

« Reply #128 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 13:00:36 »
@Brazzers ,

What would the alternative have been? A carat-style control icon? In that case I fully agree.
However, if the alternative would have been an ISO control icon (the helm/steering wheel) ⎈ , it may have looked pretty cool depending on the font used to cut the mold. :)

The only alternative available I know of would be the carat-style control icon, yah. Not my favourite there.

Offline gutsack

« Reply #129 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 13:09:01 »
@Brazzers ,

The only alternative available I know of would be the carat-style control icon, yah. Not my favourite there.

I didn't do a good job of making clear what I would have preferred, which would have been text mods (as is currently) but standard shift, caps lock and return keys with text as well instead of icons only on those keys.

Offline jimirolln

« Reply #130 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 13:30:23 »
it is a non starter...ic locks in ten...hopefully moq is achieved and preferences and more n kit compat for r2 hashed then

i am new to the com but traced this all the way back to graphite...which i love...being into theoretical physics and future tech...if you are unaware look into it...graphite will revolutionize the future

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #131 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 06:49:38 »
all set! ordered!
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 March 2018, 13:14:18 by ReverbSlush »

Offline necromanx

• mykeyboard.eu
« Reply #132 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 06:55:25 »
is that message coming from PayPal?

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
[IC] GMK Necro | Resurrecting on March 30th
« Reply #133 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 07:20:14 »
all set! ordered!
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 March 2018, 13:14:04 by ReverbSlush »

Offline djfunh8r

« Reply #134 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 10:39:46 »
Also having the same issue.  When entering a regular credit card it throws the error "Your account cannot currently make live charges" on the dmkeys.com branded checkout page.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #135 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 12:07:24 »
Brazzers please make a new thread for the GB discussion, I will not lock the thread until you do so though (max 12 hrs).
 :)

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #136 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 12:21:15 »
So payments accepted up until April 20th, but what's the actual ETA? October'ish?

Offline jessica

« Reply #137 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 13:02:26 »
So payments accepted up until April 20th, but what's the actual ETA? October'ish?

Bout that, yah

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #138 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 15:02:36 »
GB is live so closing the IC thread. Discussion at: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=94937  :)