Author Topic: Suggestions for a 75 Lilac/Purple Keyboard.  (Read 1864 times)

Offline Katriggered

Suggestions for a 75 Lilac/Purple Keyboard.
« on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 20:58:06 »
Hello! I’m still very new to the keyboard community but I’m eager to learn more. I’ve been on the look for a lilac or purple keyboard much like the Sat75 in Lilac or the Whale75 in purple. Are there any anyone could suggest me as I missed the GB on both?

Offline funkyboy

Re: Suggestions for a 75 Lilac/Purple Keyboard.
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 21:47:23 »
Are you me? I’ve been on the hunt to find a 75% mechanical keyboard with a rotary encoder too (I want it in green, though)! They’re nearly impossible to find.

It does look like there might be a rerun of Whale75! I found the IC thread here on Geekhack.

I did find a nifty site that lets me keep up with some group buys: https://mechgroupbuys.com/

Here are some keebs I’ve found so far on Geekhack, I’ll list colors too.

(Keep in mind, these are in the interest check stage, so no group buy as of yet.)

Evolv 75% - a blocked 75% with a rotary encoder and aluminum case inspired by Satisfaction75 that opts for a 1.5u right shift over a 1.75u. Colors TBD.

Paragon - 75% with a rotary encoder, aluminum case, and a hot swappable pcb option, in deep navy, black, and white.

Dawn - 75% with an aluminum case in dark navy and black. No rotary encoder.

Other ones I’ve found while browsing around -

IDOBAO ID80 75% hot-swappable, as of right now only the pcb mounted case is available. This one has a purple option!! No rotary encoder, though. IDOBAO ID80 V2 hot swappable in pink.

If you’re willing to sacrifice the prettier layout and rotary encoder, kbdfans has some good options for 75% keebs in purple, problem is, they are never in stock. There’s the KBD75 V1, KBDFANS75 aluminum case, and the KBD75 V2.

There’s always the GMMK Pro, as well - this has a 75% layout and has a rotary encoder. Just in white and black options, though.

Good luck, and keep me posted on what you can find! :)