geekhack Marketplace > Member Auction Links

[Ebay] IBM Model M Bluetooth-USB-Hybrid Controller Replacement Kit

<< < (2/7) > >>

osrix:
Wish Id seen this before now, I'll get one if I ever *finally* get myself an SSK!  for now handheld scientific box is doing well but nowhere near as slick as this. Love it B) Also I dont know if you would or not, but I could really do with one of the Bt bridge dongles , my wife doesnt have privilege enough to use a BT keyboard on her work machine so a dongle like this would be great for her. 

chanceman42069:
This thread has been viewed 9465 (!!!) times - and so far I've only received a handful of enquiries (any kind of enquiry, not solely commercial). How is this possible? Who or what is causing the views counter to increase so rapidly while there doesn't seem to be a lot of real human interest in this thread at all? Beats me!

osrix:
if maybe like me, then read the post take a look on ebay. I would say it is a tood price for the work involved for you to develop a product. I have a BT ps2 adapter from handheld scientific which lasts 2 hrs when plugged into the Model M.  From what I read your design doesnt suffer like this and so is of interest to me :)

Im now waiting to find an SSK before I buy from you. maybe stuff like that for most people. I love what youve done here and want to support, Bought a bridge from you another great solution!     

anthorix:

--- Quote from: chanceman42069 on Mon, 23 July 2018, 08:00:37 ---This thread has been viewed 9465 (!!!) times - and so far I've only received a handful of enquiries (any kind of enquiry, not solely commercial). How is this possible? Who or what is causing the views counter to increase so rapidly while there doesn't seem to be a lot of real human interest in this thread at all? Beats me!

--- End quote ---

maybe cus wireless things are common for portable lightweight objects and a model M isnt gonna see much transportation so its kind of a mismatched feature.

chanceman42069:

--- Quote ---maybe cus wireless things are common for portable lightweight objects and a model M isnt gonna see much transportation so its kind of a mismatched feature.

--- End quote ---

yes, I agree. Broadly speaking, it doesn't make much sense. The controller design is not limited to the Model M though. I actually wanted a universal keyboard controller with both a USB and a BT interface to build custom compact size Alps keyboards. The Model M is just the first real application for my design - because (at least at the time) no other replacement controller project for M-series keyboards featured BT by default, not even TMK. Hasu wrote somewhere on GH that it could be added, but not easily. BT is still a worthwhile feature for Model M SSK owners because it will free up even more space on the desk since there will no longer be an need to use a heav coiled PS/2 cable.

Jfyi, I'm not upset about poor sales, I'm just puzzled why there is such a significant discrepancy between the number of visits and the number of replies. If a thread has been viewed 10,000 times you would expect more people to have left a comment or anything. For comparison, the attached picture has only 630 clicks. I suppose some kind of bot or spider or whatnot is causing the thread view counter to increase steadily, not human activity.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version